• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MGrant

TurtleSnatcher said:
So you didn't preorder and now your whining?

Too bad.

Half the shipment came in early enough for them to get it to preorder customers only. Makes perfect sense. Pick it up tomorrow.

Don't be a dick. I live upstate, and only have so much cash to make trips to the city..

No_Style

Chamber said:

This. I can use whatever I want. :D

Also, there has to be a way to disable voice chat in-game. You can do so via a few settings on XBL, but no such option on the PS3. :(

VictimOfGrief said:
Pro-Tip--- Install the damn game to the HDD as the loading sucks!

PS3 or both versions?

Teknoman

Lyte Edge said:
So now there's more American players online. Had a few more decent-good matches (finally lost some BP!), but it's still 98% shotoscrub, only now with guys on mics going either "HELLO? HELLO! HELLO?! CAN U HEAR ME HELLO?!?!" or just endless cursing like "WHAT THE FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT WHAT HOW'D YOU DO DAT BULLSHIT FUCK," etc.

I was thinking about making this my XBL Profile. What do you think, guys?

Some free advice for new players.

-PLEASE try someone OTHER than Ryu, Ken, or Akuma.
-PLEASE try do SPECIAL MOVES. Endless sweeps and jumpkicks are not going to get you very far.
-LEARN to BLOCK. You just hold back!
-NO, I'm not cheating when I use focus attacks.
-YES, I'm going to throw your ass every chance I get, especially if you never counter and just let me keep doing it to you OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
-YES, I CAN hear you, but I am not using a mic.
-MAYBE you should go back to CoD4, Madden, or whatever if this upsets you.

I mean damn, it wasn't think bad in HD Remix, and going back it wasn't this bad with other Capcom online games either. Maybe it's just that more popular than the others were?

You know you want to trash talk people who you'll never see in real life. Do it.

MGrant said:
Don't be a dick. I live upstate, and only have so much cash to make trips to the city..
Don't call companies "Cheap asses" because you didn't preorder..

Hell you can even preorder online and do in-store pickup at GameStop.

gray_fox224

TurtleSnatcher said:
So you didn't preorder and now your whining?

Too bad.

Half the shipment came in early enough for them to get it to preorder customers only. Makes perfect sense. Pick it up tomorrow.
you're some asshole aren't ya?

joker27

Neo Member
For any people in Maryland, Wheaton Mall EBgames has stock. pickin it up after work. damn i ahven't been amped for a new street fighter in a while other than 2 HD. good to see everyone is lovin it too

GQman2121

Banned
I'm glad we've cleared up the voice chat situation on the PS3. However, unlike most games, there is no mention of it on the back of the box in the PSN network features, which is a bit odd. Or have we really turned that corner where it's just expected for all new titles? That would be nice........

Also, it looks like the inside cover art is different than the one posted a few pages back for the 360. The PS3 has more characters it looks like. C. Viper front and center!!!

My $100+ lunch break

Lunchtime.jpg

fore raging spaniard heres the other inside art

IMG_0077.jpg

sorry you didnt win man, i really enjoy your entry and it's still the screen saver on my 42 inch tv/monitor :lol

BlacKMaRK

Banned
damn i want this game, but my $$$ is going toward Kz2. i guess SSFIITHDR will have to suffice. i guess i'll swoop by blockbuster later on, see if i can rent it

MIMIC

Banned
OK, I'm never playing anyone more than 3 times in a row. :lol After destroying them time after time, they finally figured me out :(

Ashley called me today saying the game will be available tomorrow evening. The message after that on the answering machine said it would be available Tuesday afternoon. :lol

MGrant

TurtleSnatcher said:

Do tell me more about the conveniences offered by such a benevolent company. Never mind, not the time or place for a Gamestop policy debate.

Threi

notag
Lyte Edge said:
So now there's more American players online. Had a few more decent-good matches (finally lost some BP!), but it's still 98% shotoscrub, only now with guys on mics going either "HELLO? HELLO! HELLO?! CAN U HEAR ME HELLO?!?!" or just endless cursing like "WHAT THE FUCK FUCK FUCK SHIT WHAT HOW'D YOU DO DAT BULLSHIT FUCK," etc.

-PLEASE try do SPECIAL MOVES. Endless sweeps and jumpkicks are not going to get you very far.
-YES, I'm going to throw your ass every chance I get, especially if you never counter and just let me keep doing it to you OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I mean damn, it wasn't think bad in HD Remix, and going back it wasn't this bad with other Capcom online games either. Maybe it's just that more popular than the others were?

tell em they are gutter trash and they should go back to their mama until their mustache is properly curled.

krazen

TurtleSnatcher said:

lol, not to be a dick but half the time the 'we only have enough for the pre-order' is a ploy just to give an imaginary benefit to letting them count the sale on the register earlier then usual. No need to play holier then thou.

Back to the talk on the game itself ;)

MIMIC

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
:lol

That is what I do I ditch after a few games :p

We played 18 times. He won 10 and I won 8 :-/ And the thing is that I'm 99% on offense. That gives my opponent time to pick up on....whatever it is I do :lol He always got a D whenever he won and I always got an A

Snaku

Banned
I was bummed that my Saturn USB pad hadn't shown up in today's mail. Well while I was in the shower, a separate USPS mailman showed up with another delivery. I noticed the package as I walked into my room, and immediately tore it open. Now I really can't wait till I can play this again late tonight, I got my Saturn pad! :D

It feels really nice, though the usb cord length is really short. Any recommendations for an extension? Will any usb extension work, or do some have lag?

Spasm

I love how the 360's Brawler Costume Pack redeem-card tells you to "Check the Playstation®Network often for more Alternate Costume packs to be released soon."

Will do, Capcom.

Arde5643

gutter_trash said:
the most dangerous part of fighting shoto scrubs is when you actually meet a good shoto player... it's like night and day

fight 10 bad shotos.... then meet 1 good one and get completely throw off guard in round 1... then in round 2 you go '' okay, I will take you seriously LOL''
Anyone ever tried just doing a whole different gameplan or seriously limit your special moves on the 2nd round against scrotos?

Basically forcing yourself to develop a new strat?

krazen said:
lol, not to be a dick but half the time the 'we only have enough for the pre-order' is a ploy just to give an imaginary benefit to letting them count the sale on the register earlier then usual. No need to play holier then thou.

Back to the talk on the game itself ;)
The thing is alot of stores that got the "Same Day Shipping" (Game ships on 3/17) only received enough to cover preorders with the rest arriving tomorrow.

I agree.. that ploy they usually spill is annoying but for today.. alot of those stores are actually affected by that and they just don't want to create Cust service issues on their own end.

Some stores did get more then reserves but not all... They aren't "Cheapasses" because of what some of those stores are doing. They are doing it to not create an issue later on.

careksims

Just got home with this baby. The GS had a few extras for non-preorders if you came early, but they're gonna' sell out today. Now I got carne asada fries and grape soda. I am SET! :D

Nightz

Snaku said:
I was bummed that my Saturn USB pad hadn't shown up in today's mail. Well while I was in the shower, a separate USPS mailman showed up with another delivery. I noticed the package as I walked into my room, and immediately tore it open. Now I really can't wait till I can play this again late tonight, I got my Saturn pad! :D

It feels really nice, though the usb cord length is really short. Any recommendations for an extension? Will any usb extension work, or do some have lag?
Man hopefully my Saturn pads arrive today too. I already have the PS3 version of SFIV sitting at my front door.

MIMIC

Banned
Arde5643 said:
Anyone ever tried just doing a whole different gameplan or seriously limit your special moves on the 2nd round against scrotos?

wat

Arde5643 said:

On Sagat players I literally burn the time.. same thing on Gief players.. I hop around avoiding and I can stay safe while wearing them down a little... You can just feel their annoyance through the screen.

As for Ken/Ryu shoto players.. It varies. I'm noticing they just randomly pull up DP's and wakeups because they freak out if they fall on the ground.

MIMIC said:

Yesterday GAF agreed to unite the word "Scrub" and "Shoto" into "Scroto"

Snaku

Banned
Lyte Edge said:

Haeleos said:
And the elitist snobs come out of the word work.

Pretty much.

Sidzed2

HELP ME, OBI-WAN KENOBI (Er, that is to say, SFIV Gaf)!

I'm a total scrub / noob / what have you to the world of streetfighter, but I'm reasonably proficient with other fighters, such as the Soul Calibur series.

I am in love with every single aspect of this game except its controls. I just suck. I just cannot bloody perform any move with any sort of consistency in this game, using the DualShock 3. For example, I find it almost impossible to do a Hadouken with the D-Pad. I just cannot do it consistently. Maybe one in every four attempts. What the hell? The circlular motion just won't register at all.

With the analgoue stick, I fare slightly better, but everything feels so imprecise. I have practised, practised and practised, but I just can't do it. Is there any pro-tip for using the DualShock 3 which might make it easier? Or do people just use the analogue stick?

I want to love this game so badly, but I'm just not good enough...I feel terrible at it, which is something I seldom feel when playing a game...

Advice, per favor?

So how are the opponents on ranked today? Last night I kept fighting people with 200 or below BP's and it was pretty slow gain for me.

Then I'd lose once in a while and I'd lose everything I earned the 30 mins prior.. :lol

I'm currently at around 1400 Battle Points.

traveler

Not Wario
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm trying to learn and I keep seeing this complaint voiced over and over- how exactly does one protect themselves against throws? People are saying they'll just keep doing it against me over and over until I stop leaving myself open but I don't even know what open is. :lol (I know in SCIV guarding high lead for extended periods would get you thrown but I'm just not that familiar with SF)

Takuan

The S-Word said:
fore raging spaniard heres the other inside art

IMG_0077.jpg

sorry you didnt win man, i really enjoy your entry and it's still the screen saver on my 42 inch tv/monitor :lol
Wow, I'm surprised that won. I guess good artists don't care that much about Street Fighter. His implementation of the inkblots is pretty good, I suppose.

traveler said:
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm trying to learn and I keep seeing this complaint voiced over and over- how exactly does one protect themselves against throws? People are saying they'll just keep doing it against me over and over until stop leaving myself open but I don't even know what open is. :lol (I know in SCIV guarding high lead for extended periods would get you thrown but I'm just not that familiar with SF)
Really you just have to not let them get close, which is how throw setups are done.

MIMIC

Banned
traveler said:
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm trying to learn and I keep seeing this complaint voiced over and over- how exactly does one protect themselves against throws? People are saying they'll just keep doing it against me over and over until stop leaving myself open but I don't even know what open is. :lol (I know in SCIV guarding high lead for extended periods would get you thrown but I'm just not that familiar with SF)

Personally, when I think someone is close enough to grab me (when I'm not ready to grab them) I just jump out of the way or launch a projectile. With Guile, I usually tell them to GTFO with a flashkick to the chin.

Guled

so I'm sitting here F5ing waiting for word of a store in Toronto selling it, I can't do anything else until I get it, what has SF done to me

Top Bottom