• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Evlar said:
Which one of those is Raging Spaniard's? I haven't been keeping up with this.

ding

guile_vs_abel.jpg

work is killer!! I want to go home and play this!! it is on my coffee table garrhhhhh I wanna go home!!! garh my boss is still here!! go home! so I can go home too !

burgerdog

Jack Random said:
Anyone have luck in NYC? Seems like Gamestop is the only place with copies and they are following standard, "preorder or fuck off" policy.

Try Video Games New York, chances will be slim that you'd be able to get it, though. I think they've had it since the morning so they're most likely out.

burgerdog said:
Try Video Games New York, chances will be slim that you'd be able to get it, though. I think they've had it since the morning so they're most likely out.
they told me tomorrow after steadily pushing back the time as the day went on

Snaku

Banned
Convinced my fam to let me on the PS3 for a brief online match. Wow, the Saturn USB pad is pure fucking sex on this game. The D-Pad is the best, period. It's kind of weird for me to have six face buttons, as I haven't used a controller like that in a very long time. But I adapted quickly, and even though at first I was doing worse on it than I was on the SixAxis (having spent MUCH more time on the SA) I still managed to win the match. BP now over 300. :D

Seriously guys, if you're having trouble with the MadCatz fightpad (f'd up D-Pad and/or buttons...or if you just can't find one), get your ass over to eBay and snatch one of these bad boys up! Seriously worth it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: February 19, 2009 1 of: Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: February 24, 2009 1 of: Sony PS3 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

Remaining patient. I juist moved anyway, and I don't even have my PS3 hooked up, so a few days won't kill me.

Spy

I am so happy right now GAF. B&N sent me an e-mail telling me my SE FightStick was backordered so I sent them an e-mail asking to cancel my order only to get this e-mail.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel order XXXXXXXXX because it has shipped. If you receive this merchandise and wish to return it, please view our return policies at:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

I guess I'll have a SE FightStick after all. Odds are it will come today too! I already have the SFIV CE waiting at home for me for when I get off work.

Akim

Banned
Hey uh..

Why can't I do Medium kick -> Tiger knee crush in Sagat's training?

the kick hits 2 times and i swear i cant input tiger knee fast enough to combo

For LA-gaf, I picked mine up at the Gamestop in the Eagle Rock Plaza in Eagle Rock. They had about 6 left for walk ins I think.

EDIT: They were also offering a free pre-order so I pretty much got $5 off Mad World.

Jaruru

Just got phone call from EB @ Michael Angelo plaza and they got my copy of SFIV CE!!!!!!!

@ gym already, will head there right after
There's hope for ontario area :)

Phatcorns

Jack Random said:
they told me tomorrow after steadily pushing back the time as the day went on

Don't know why videogames new york doesn't have it yet, but gamestop on broadway has at least the regular ps3 version.

Jaruru said:
Just got phone call from EB @ Michael Angelo plaza and they got my copy of SFIV CE!!!!!!!

@ gym already, will head there right after
There's hope for ontario area :)

I picked up a copy at lunch...so people in the GTA should be checking their stores NOW if you have a pre order. If not good luck. The place I bought mine was pre sold out...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Caj814 said:
raging_entry.jpg

Congrats again!

Holy shit, figures it would be on the 360! Was that on the CE or regular?

THANKS A LOT!

Also update from Grant over at Capcom:

I'll make sure to send all the winners flattened (non-folded) versions of the coversheets containing their winning artwork.

Raging Spaniard said:

THANKS A LOT!

it looks like the ce
also, to anyone that has raging's pic, is NEOGAF on the dogtag's fairly visible?

Spy

Spy said:
I am so happy right now GAF. B&N sent me an e-mail telling me my SE FightStick was backordered so I sent them an e-mail asking to cancel my order only to get this e-mail.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel order XXXXXXXXX because it has shipped. If you receive this merchandise and wish to return it, please view our return policies at:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

I guess I'll have a SE FightStick after all. Odds are it will come today too! I already have the SFIV CE waiting at home for me for when I get off work.
What the hell is going on? So I log in on the B&N website and I now have a tracking number for my FightStick. I click on it and see this...

Delivered On: 09/06/2007 3:53 P.M.
Delivered To: EL SEGUNDO, CA, US

I DON'T LIVE IN EL SEGUNDO.

Wark

Raging Spaniard said:

THANKS A LOT!

I purchased the CE for the 360 and I have it on mine. I'm happy to see the GAF love on the dog tags. :D

Any luck for anyone in the Bay Area from a place that isn't Gamestop? I went to Game Crazy and they had not gotten their shipment yet. They also said CEs were for preorders only. They expect it sometime today but not sure when. I at least came away with a Chun Li pad, but not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.

Baker

Banned
I just got these pics sent to me. A friend of a friend made a fully functional joystick in preparation for SF4. And yes, it's created out of the RROD box Microsoft ships back.

2m7gk7s.jpg

rtqln6.jpg

dankir

It's pretty safe to say after reading this thread that nobody is hyped about this game at all.

Epic fail by Capcom!

I want my copy + TE stick so bad right now :(

kenta

Has no PEINS
So stoked, I actually got a copy today. This whole launch seems unusually sloppy for some reason, FightStick fiascos included so I am happy I got lucky

Caj814

Stabby McSter said:
it looks like the ce
also, to anyone that has raging's pic, is NEOGAF on the dogtag's fairly visible?

Yup it's visible but most people would miss it :lol Too bad my pic couldn't really capture it.

Beautiful work Raging Spaniard!

Do you happen to have that image available in a high res format for wallpapers? I'd love to look at that every day on my Macbook! :)

Raging Spaniard

Wark said:
I purchased the CE for the 360 and I have it on mine. I'm happy to see the GAF love on the dog tags. :D

Oh shit, you can read the GAF cameo on the tags? DAMN, thats cool, I didnt think it would print well.

dankir

Raging Spaniard said:

THANKS A LOT!

Awesome artwork man, what did you win for having your artwork selected?

Filter

Sidzed2 said:
HELP ME, OBI-WAN KENOBI (Er, that is to say, SFIV Gaf)!

I'm a total scrub / noob / what have you to the world of streetfighter, but I'm reasonably proficient with other fighters, such as the Soul Calibur series.

I am in love with every single aspect of this game except its controls. I just suck. I just cannot bloody perform any move with any sort of consistency in this game, using the DualShock 3. For example, I find it almost impossible to do a Hadouken with the D-Pad. I just cannot do it consistently. Maybe one in every four attempts. What the hell? The circlular motion just won't register at all.

With the analgoue stick, I fare slightly better, but everything feels so imprecise. I have practised, practised and practised, but I just can't do it. Is there any pro-tip for using the DualShock 3 which might make it easier? Or do people just use the analogue stick?

I want to love this game so badly, but I'm just not good enough...I feel terrible at it, which is something I seldom feel when playing a game...

Advice, per favor?

I can't afford this game, so I'm sitting in a dejected heap, but maybe I can be some help anyway.

It's good to get good at normal attacks and blocking first, too many people rely on the most powerful attacks first without getting a feel for the basics.

For practicing Hadoukens:
Try doing them with the strongest punch (fierce)
do the quarter circle motion (d-pad will be better in the long run, so use that), from down to right, and don't let go of the right, I see a lot of people take their thumb off and then pressing the button.
you press the punch when you pressing right not before.

If your character does an uppercut you have pressed fierce punch too early.

If your character does a standing punch I guess you didn't do the quarter circle properly, or you pressed punch too late.

If you jump, you've pressed too high on the d-pad.

So, just watch your character, and don't rush the d-pad at first, you can do the motion reasonably slowly.

hope this is some help.

jmdajr

Since I am using best buy gift cards I have to WAIT patiently for tom.
I hope it doesn't sell out. Good for capcom but not for me.

I know people redundantly use characters like Ryu but honestly I'm better with him. I know I could probably learn other characters just the same, but I've always used Ryu for as long as I've been playing this series and once again, in SFIV, I'm better with him. I've been burning through the challenge mode and it's so much fun, unlocking stuff and getting trophies. This is a fighting game nirvana.

After I do everything with Ryu I may start training with one of the new characters. Or Cammy. I like Cammy.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Spy said:
What the hell is going on? So I log in on the B&N website and I now have a tracking number for my FightStick. I click on it and see this...

click!

Spy said:

Left my Fightstick in El Segundo.
I gotta get it, I got got-ta get it!

Wow that sucks! Sorry! :(

Ponn

Banned
FOOKING HELL!! Called Gamestop and said they won't be getting them till tomorrow morning. I'm going to go in there tonight just to push a magazine rack over and storm out.

then come crawling back in on my hands and knees begging to give me the copies of SFIV they are hiding behind the counter

Top Bottom