• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
Wait, did you win dude? I'm at work and haven't been able to pay attention.

Seems like it! I still dont really believe it though .. seems like the 360 CE version has my piece, so a heads up on that.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
My order for SFIV (360 standard edition) on gamestop.com w/ overnight shipping has been sitting "backordered" all day. It just changed to "pending". Does this mean it's about to ship? Could it be here tomorrow?! WHO KNOWS!!

Gonna have a heart attack over this s**t.

(I don't have the spare cash to run around hunting up another copy until next week. $**@*%$)

hwateber

I went to the nearest gamestop and there was some other guy there asking for the game too. We were told that a nearby gamestop had copies but he wasn't sure how many and that we should probably race if we wanted a copy. So we got in our cars and had a street race for the game:lol Lo and behold, when we got there, there were like 50 copies.

Jirotrom

Raging Spaniard said:
Thanks again guy, I kinda wish they hadnt cropped it and that the CE versions werent limited ... but EH, WTF AM I BITCHING ABOUT

Heres some ridiculous res links of the piece:

300 dpi (jpg): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images/sfiv/Inside_Cover_Art_XavierGarcia_300dpi.jpg

600 dpi (tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images/sfiv/Inside_Cover_Art_XavierGarcia_600dpi.tif

300 dpi(tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images/sfiv/Inside_Cover_Art_XavierGarcia_300dpi.tif
i was about to say raging, because my insert wasnt as good as yours and I was wondering how they beat you, turns out i need the CE :( I'll just wait till someone trades it in and I get the cover.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
ShinAmano said:
You have to wait for the pack to become available I believe.

Hmmm, okay then...

I thought the pic was from someone with the game - I guess it could have been from Famitsu...

haunts

Bacon of Hope
RAGING SPANIARD!!! you da man now dawg!! congrats!

im going to have my GF unlock all the characters since she wants to play so bad. fuck this shit.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just now had my stick delivered. Latest I've ever gotten anything from UPS. Go figure.

At least now I can run around town and look for the game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Kaijima said:
My order for SFIV (360 standard edition) on gamestop.com w/ overnight shipping has been sitting "backordered" all day. It just changed to "pending". Does this mean it's about to ship? Could it be here tomorrow?! WHO KNOWS!!

Gonna have a heart attack over this s**t.

(I don't have the spare cash to run around hunting up another copy until next week. $**@*%$)

Mines been on pending since this morning *normal PS3 copy* It should ship today.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
riskVSreward said:
I love your art but those links don't work.

They dont? They work for me. The jpg one should open in a new tab and the tiffs cant be seen on a browser, so theyll be downloaded instead.

Spy

Chamber said:
Just now had my stick delivered. Latest I've ever gotten anything from UPS. Go figure.

At least now I can run around town and look for the game.
Did you order from B&N?

Xabora

Not my pic.
raging_entry.jpg

Ok dude, Grats on getting that in there. :O

LowParry

haunts said:
RAGING SPANIARD!!! you da man now dawg!! congrats!

im going to have my GF unlock all the characters since she wants to play so bad. fuck this shit.

:lol Takes like 45 mins to do. Except for Seth. Fuck that.

Okay, I've been hearing from friends and here's what I know for my area in the GTA:

EB Games Argentia Rd #1727: Pre sold out (They have it in had for pickup right now)
EB Games Meadowvale Towne Centre #1821: Pre sold out (They have it in had for pickup right now)
EB Games Oakville Town Centre Plaza #1770: The have their copies, and when I was there at lunch THEY HAD EXTRA COPIES FOR SALE!!!

Narcosis

While people are mentioning SFIV shipments, mine shows as shipped from Gamestop.com, but I'm wondering about something. I see something for $0.00 on my order listed as "PREMIUM, STREET FIGHTER IV HEA"

What is that?

Snaku

Banned
Just checked my B&N order, and my SE FightStick shipped today. Dunno if I even want it anymore, the Saturn usb pad is just smexy. Maybe I'll return it to Gamestop, or sell it online along with the JLF I ordered.

Raging Spaniard said:
They dont? They work for me. The jpg one should open in a new tab and the tiffs cant be seen on a browser, so theyll be downloaded instead.
I got it, must have been my browser acting up. What exactly is the GAF reference?

Narcosis said:
While people are mentioning SFIV shipments, mine shows as shipped from Gamestop.com, but I'm wondering about something. I see something for $0.00 on my order listed as "PREMIUM, STREET FIGHTER IV HEA"

What is that?

Probaly the stupid headband.

I do this thing now where I alternate between the d-pad and analog stick. Doing Hadokens is really easy with the analog stick, but more precise inputs are better on the d-pad.

Narcosis said:

What is that?
headband, yo

Spy

Chamber said:
Amazon

Also, I have Indestructible stuck in my head and I don't even have the game yet. :(
Sorry for so many questions but did Amazon send you an e-mail saying they shipped your stick or charge you yet?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
soooo....anyone have any idea why my pre-order is backordered on ebgames.com?

edit: wooooooooooo! shipped!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Raging Spaniard said:
Seems like it! I still dont really believe it though .. seems like the 360 CE version has my piece, so a heads up on that.

Dammit, now I have to see if we get extra 360 CEs tomorrow to switch my order to pick it up. Grats homie. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My gamestop.com regular PS3 copy finally shipped,it was pending less than 5 mins ago.

fernie417

Matrix said:
Anyone been to the 86th street Gamestop in Manhattan? My bro is there picking up our game since I'm working and said a line is almost out the door and he said he's going to be on line for what seems like a hour since its going so slow.

He cursed me out via text :lol

Heh, I called that gamestop earlier in the day, they said they'll get a delivery around 3:30. I got there around 4:20 expecting it to have cleared out and there's easily 50 or 70 heads in front of me standing outside in a line. Was not expecting that at all. So much hype for this game. :-D

Snaku

Banned
Has anybody unlocked anything in Home yet? Something flashed up saying I unlocked a t-shirt, but I probably won't bother to check.

are people really having trouble against Seth?
I just beat him without losing a round to him on my first try on default settings.
Well, I used the mighty Bison... muhhauhaha

Filter

Sidzed2 said:
Thank you. Krazen and yourself have been most helpful. I'm going to go and practise hardcore tonight :)

I will become a good player! Here's another question, though - I've heard lots of comments about 'canceling' out of a kick (with M. Bison in this case) and going straight into his scissor kick, or something. What do people mean? You can turn a regular kick into his scissor kick?

Also, is there any trick for the 'charge' moves? For instance, Bison's ultra requires a charge, then another three directional inputs. How in the name of god am I supposed to combo 'into' that Ultra?

Sorry to annoy, I really am a total novice.

These 2 are basically the same thing. it's a combo.
I don't have the game, but I'm guessing guiles combos are pretty much the same, so i'll use him as an example.
crouch down and away from the opponent, ↙ this will let you charge your sonic boom or somersault kick without walking backwards. you can attack all you want while holding ↙ and it will still be charging the special move.

so, get next to a character on your right in training mode and hold ↙ for a couple secs, the tap light punch and imediately press → and punch. that should give you a quick little 2 hit combo, JAB - SONIC BOOM!

then try replacing the jab with other attacks, like medium punch or light kick.
get that stuck in your brain before replacing the sonic boom with the complicated special commands (what's guiles? is it ↙↘↙↗+punch?)

just remember that you can start charging at anytime and attack while it's charging, hold ↙ immediately after you jump at someone for example.
hope that made some sense, good luck.

LowParry

gutter_trash said:
are people really having trouble against Seth?
I just beat him without losing a round to him on my first try on default settings.
Well, I used the mighty Bison... muhhauhaha

As long as you put the setting to the lowest difficulty, it's not that hard. On normal? KOF frustration comes to mind.

Raging Spaniard

Okay, the versions have been confirmed

http://www.capcom-unity.com/grant00..._insider_cover_art_contest_winners?num=5&pg=1

Chris Lie & Lius Lashido "c4ravanstudio": X360 - Regular Edition Game Coversheet
Ross Burt "arkade": X360 - Collector's Edition Anime Movie Coversheet
Pedro Pitéu "Pyteo": PS3 - Regular Edition Game Coversheet
Yukiko Otsu (below): PS3 - Collector's Edition Game Coversheet
Xavier Garcia "xavipants": X360 - Collector's Edition Game Coversheet
Felipe Aguiar "Fezat": PS3 Collector's Edition Anime Movie Coversheet

Oh, and for the curious:

guile_gaf.jpg

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
wait a sec, it's not okay if you don't like how throws are implemented in this game, but it's okay to complain on and on about what characters people pick?

Top Bottom