• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Side story, when I went in to pick up the game one of the employees were being fucking SCOLDED by a manager. Guess they need to train harder.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Takuan said:
Just called my location: no pre-order, no sale.

Oh well.

Same for my local place (good thing I have a LE on pre order). At the EB Games near my work, I managed to pick one up. If you are in the Mississauga area I can sell you my extra copy.

Teknoman

brandonh83 said:
I know people redundantly use characters like Ryu but honestly I'm better with him. I know I could probably learn other characters just the same, but I've always used Ryu for as long as I've been playing this series and once again, in SFIV, I'm better with him. I've been burning through the challenge mode and it's so much fun, unlocking stuff and getting trophies. This is a fighting game nirvana.

After I do everything with Ryu I may start training with one of the new characters. Or Cammy. I like Cammy.

As long as you dont spam the same moves its all good.

Ponn01 said:
FOOKING HELL!! Called Gamestop and said they won't be getting them till tomorrow morning. I'm going to go in there tonight just to push a magazine rack over and storm out.

then come crawling back in on my hands and knees begging to give me the copies of SFIV they are hiding behind the counter
Same with me at Game Crazy. I'm so sad that I'm not playing this right now. I contained my hype all the way until yesterday, didn't even enter this thread once. This morning I allowed myself to get hyped, drove to the store, and was told I don't get it til tomorrow.

I'm watching old episodes of MacGyver to take my mind off of it. :lol :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
at gamestop on 106 and broadway in manhattan. Line for sf4 is wrapped around the store and out into the street.

Game is huge.

Teknoman said:
As long as you dont spam the same moves its all good.

I wouldn't say I have a certain all-around technique. I'm actually a pretty random fighter, I don't have a particular move set that I use over and over. Though I've developed a sweet tooth for focus attacks.

SoulFist

Dude Raging, you are the man! before I went to play, I saw some other artwork on Gaf that was supposedly the winner of the contest . I open mine up and I'm like...This looks familiar, OH SHIT, It'S RS!! Congratulations dude.:D

Xabora

Spy said:
What the hell is going on? So I log in on the B&N website and I now have a tracking number for my FightStick. I click on it and see this...

Delivered On: 09/06/2007 3:53 P.M.
Delivered To: EL SEGUNDO, CA, US

I DON'T LIVE IN EL SEGUNDO.
I'm guessing you did live there in 2007, when you got the stick?

Baker

Banned
Welp, I'm off to go pick up my copy. I used to be good at SFII in the arcades but according to HDR, I absolutely suck now, so if anybody wants to add me...

PSN: Forensick

Barrett2

OH SNAP!! A single store in Syracuse has the game, I just called and they have two left. The guy is holding one for me!!! YES, all over my face!!

Add me on PSN - lawblob

IN-DE-STRUCTIBLE!!!!!
2z8chfk.gif

Akim

Banned
Akim said:
Hey uh..

Why can't I do Medium kick -> Tiger knee crush in Sagat's training?

the kick hits 2 times and i swear i cant input tiger knee fast enough to combo

anyone halp me?

Snaku

Banned
brandonh83 said:
I know people redundantly use characters like Ryu but honestly I'm better with him. I know I could probably learn other characters just the same, but I've always used Ryu for as long as I've been playing this series and once again, in SFIV, I'm better with him. I've been burning through the challenge mode and it's so much fun, unlocking stuff and getting trophies. This is a fighting game nirvana.

After I do everything with Ryu I may start training with one of the new characters. Or Cammy. I like Cammy.

I'm in the same boat. I've used and had fun with characters like Bison, Honda, Blanka, Makoto, Chun-Li, etc. But I have the most fun with Ryu.

I definitely plan on learning C. Viper and maybe Sakura after I clear most of the hard stuff with Ryu.

Spy

Can anyone who has the game explain exactly where you need to go to install the game. I'm going to call my seven year old brother when he gets home from school and have him install it for me while I'm at work.

Come to think of it, I also got fucked a day out of VF5. I went to a Walmart at midnight (since there was no reason to pre-order VF5, midnight at Wally was the fastest way to get it.) They told me the trucks weren't coming in til the next night. Why do I get fucked out of day 1 fighting!?

Oh I don't know if anyone's mentioned this wonderful thing yet, but who else noticed the Contra III style music when you lose and continue? It's like 4 notes but wow, it's very nostalgic.

Sidzed2

Filter said:
I can't afford this game, so I'm sitting in a dejected heap, but maybe I can be some help anyway.

It's good to get good at normal attacks and blocking first, too many people rely on the most powerful attacks first without getting a feel for the basics.

For practicing Hadoukens:
Try doing them with the strongest punch (fierce)
do the quarter circle motion (d-pad will be better in the long run, so use that), from down to right, and don't let go of the right, I see a lot of people take their thumb off and then pressing the button.
you press the punch when you pressing right not before.

If your character does an uppercut you have pressed fierce punch too early.

If your character does a standing punch I guess you didn't do the quarter circle properly, or you pressed punch too late.

If you jump, you've pressed too high on the d-pad.

So, just watch your character, and don't rush the d-pad at first, you can do the motion reasonably slowly.

hope this is some help.

Thank you. Krazen and yourself have been most helpful. I'm going to go and practise hardcore tonight :)

I will become a good player! Here's another question, though - I've heard lots of comments about 'canceling' out of a kick (with M. Bison in this case) and going straight into his scissor kick, or something. What do people mean? You can turn a regular kick into his scissor kick?

Also, is there any trick for the 'charge' moves? For instance, Bison's ultra requires a charge, then another three directional inputs. How in the name of god am I supposed to combo 'into' that Ultra?

Sorry to annoy, I really am a total novice.

Teknoman

brandonh83 said:
I wouldn't say I have a certain all-around technique. I'm actually a pretty random fighter, I don't have a particular move set that I use over and over. Though I've developed a sweet tooth for focus attacks.

Thats basically all people want in a challenger :D Though I still need to practice focus attacks. I can cancel with El Fuerte to stun people, but I cant do a FADC for the life of me.

About to go get the game and the fight pad. Unfortunately, the guy at EB Games said they only have Blanka controllers left...:lol

Whatever, I'll take what I can get.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone been to the 86th street Gamestop in Manhattan? My bro is there picking up our game since I'm working and said a line is almost out the door and he said he's going to be on line for what seems like a hour since its going so slow.

He cursed me out via text :lol

Zeliard

Spy said:
Can anyone who has the game explain exactly where you need to go to install the game. I'm going to call my seven year old brother from work when he gets home from school and have him install it for me.

In the PS3 version you go to Options > System Settings > Install.

Loading times aren't too bad without installing, but they're really quick after you do so.

Teknoman said:
Thats basically all people want in a challenger :D Though I still need to practice focus attacks. I can cancel with El Fuerte to stun people, but I cant do a FADC for the life of me.

It took me a bit to understand the idea of the focus attack. I'm one of those gamers who expects everything to be this massive display of orgasmic special effects when I do something new or "special." But the focus attacks are actually pretty cool and fun to master.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ashley called me!!! :lol :lol

Street Fighter IV arrives tomorrow before midday =P. Sadly I am gonna be on class, but as soon as I go out I am sooooooooo hitting GS and grabbing the copy I left fully paid =P

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Man you guys will love this..

I got the last copy at gamestop, get home, and relize i left my fucking joystick in my girlfriends car. :lol

oh well, time to get buff on the PAD....

until 6pm anyway..

Xabora

AMAZON NEEDS TO SHIP TODAY!
IT SAYS ADD TO CART. NO GADDAYM PRE-ORDER!
SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT SHIP-IT

DAMMIT AMAZON!

Sidzed2 said:
Thank you. Krazen and yourself have been most helpful. I'm going to go and practise hardcore tonight :)

I will become a good player! Here's another question, though - I've heard lots of comments about 'canceling' out of a kick (with M. Bison in this case) and going straight into his scissor kick, or something. What do people mean? You can turn a regular kick into his scissor kick?

Also, is there any trick for the 'charge' moves? For instance, Bison's ultra requires a charge, then another three directional inputs. How in the name of god am I supposed to combo 'into' that Ultra?

Sorry to annoy, I really am a total novice.
I dont have it yet but to cancel a move is do do a special command the second the normal connects. In Bison's case you want to already have been charging back for his scissors kick, hit them with the normal kick and then hit forward + kick when it connects to cancel.

Provided Bison has the same scissor kick command as he always did...

Another easier cancel is with Ryu/Ken/Sagat etc... You can hold down and hit fierce to do an uppercut and as soon as you hit fierce move from down to forward and hit punch again to fireball. 2-in-1 combo, easiest one to practice IMO.

Spy

Zeliard said:
In the PS3 version you go to Options > System Settings > Install.

Loading times aren't too bad without installing, but they're really quick after you do so.
Thank you! I figure it will be nice to have the game installed and waiting for me when I get home. Two and a half more hours to go!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
OP had an IE compatibility issue (if you don't put a space between images on the same line, they break tables instead of adjusting # per line to your res). Fixed.

Also, Raging Spaniard, seriously impressive artwork.

Teknoman

brandonh83 said:
It took me a bit to understand the idea of the focus attack. I'm one of those gamers who expects everything to be this massive display of orgasmic special effects when I do something new or "special." But the focus attacks are actually pretty cool and fun to master.

Yeah I know how to play with Ryu and Ken just fine, gotta get better with Abel and El Fuerte.

LowParry

Taking a break after a 4 hour play time fuck-awesome action! Still just have Akuma and Gouken to unlock. Will do that later. The online is wicked awesome. I've had few matches where you notice the lag, but it's tolerable. The rest have been pretty flawless. Good games! And challenging mode is a bitch at lvl 4! Hells bells!

Sidzed2

riskVSreward said:
I dont have it yet but to cancel a move is do do a special command the second the normal connects. In Bison's case you want to already have been charging back for his scissors kick, hit them with the normal kick and then hit forward + kick when it connects to cancel.

Provided Bison has the same scissor kick command as he always did...

Oh, okay - that's interesting...so the regular kick doesn't interrupt the scissor kick input? That could be handy indeed.

Thank you, sir.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Raging Spaniard said:
Thanks again guy, I kinda wish they hadnt cropped it and that the CE versions werent limited ... but EH, WTF AM I BITCHING ABOUT

Heres some ridiculous res links of the piece:

300 dpi (jpg): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images/sfiv/Inside_Cover_Art_XavierGarcia_300dpi.jpg

600 dpi (tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images/sfiv/Inside_Cover_Art_XavierGarcia_600dpi.tif

300 dpi(tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images/sfiv/Inside_Cover_Art_XavierGarcia_300dpi.tif

Wait, did you win dude? I'm at work and haven't been able to pay attention.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
chimster said:
could you post a link to a high res version, I would love to use that as my wallpaper :D

Sure! I posted them 10 mins ago, but here you go again

300 dpi (jpg): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images...cia_300dpi.jpg

600 dpi (tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images...cia_600dpi.tif

300 dpi(tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images...cia_300dpi.tif

EviLore said:
OP had an IE compatibility issue (if you don't put a space between images on the same line, they break tables instead of adjusting # per line to your res). Fixed.

Also, Raging Spaniard, seriously impressive artwork.

Ooops, thats my bad (the links) Thanks.

Also, thanks for the comment, glad you like it and hopefully you find the GAF reference :)

Dante

Got It! CE box is beautiful :) Got that silly headband with it also.

FYI for the SF peeps the Gamestop on Powell got em in :)

Top Bottom