• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Filter said:
then try replacing the jab with other attacks, like medium punch or light kick.
get that stuck in your brain before replacing the sonic boom with the complicated special commands (what's guiles? is it ↙↘↙↗+punch?)
Alright, where are you getting those baby arrows. I demand a chart or legend of some kind.

Baker

Banned
I just got home with the PS3 version. The installation song :lol :lol :lol

I picked up a 360 fightpad too for Arcade games. It was their last one so I had to get Chun Li. They had Chun and Ken for PS3 but I'm hoping the Fighting Stick 3 works well enough.

Baker said:
I just got home with the PS3 version. The installation song :lol :lol :lol

I picked up a 360 fightpad too for Arcade games. It was their last one so I had to get Chun Li. They had Chun and Ken for PS3 but I'm hoping the Fighting Stick 3 works well enough.
Thats the main menu song. Prepare to laugh a lot.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Timedog said:
wait a sec, it's not okay if you don't like how throws are implemented in this game, but it's okay to complain on and on about what characters people pick?
thisisneogafdude.gif

Just picked up the game, but I forgot about getting my pre-order bonus and my receipt so I'm going back tomorrow. I am not going to play the game until I receive my stick though.

Cowie

Raging Spaniard said:
Okay, the versions have been confirmed

http://www.capcom-unity.com/grant00..._insider_cover_art_contest_winners?num=5&pg=1

Chris Lie & Lius Lashido "c4ravanstudio": X360 - Regular Edition Game Coversheet
Ross Burt "arkade": X360 - Collector's Edition Anime Movie Coversheet
Pedro Pitéu "Pyteo": PS3 - Regular Edition Game Coversheet
Yukiko Otsu (below): PS3 - Collector's Edition Game Coversheet
Xavier Garcia "xavipants": X360 - Collector's Edition Game Coversheet
Felipe Aguiar "Fezat": PS3 Collector's Edition Anime Movie Coversheet

Oh, and for the curious:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/XavierGarcia/Own things/guile_gaf.jpg

Wow, that's really awesome. Makes me wish I had gotten the CE

Picked it up at Yonge and Eglinton EB in Toronto. Got my preordered CE but they didn't have any CEs for non-preorders. It actually didn't look like they had much of anything for those who didn't preorder.

Filter

riskVSreward said:
Alright, where are you getting those baby arrows. I demand a chart or legend of some kind.

I am using the special characters palette on a mac, I think they have unicode um.. codes. I'm guessing there is an equivalent on the PC, but I don't know it.
there's even hadoukens! ⤴
✌

oh and sidzed2, I think I made a mistake earlier, I hear that you can't combo into an ultra move, you'll just have to do it after you hit them into the air or something.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
How the hell do you pull off Akuma's ultra?

LowP LowP towards LowK HighP isn't doing shit for me.

BUT THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

IN--DE--STRUCTABLE!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This training mode is not what I was led to believe it is. This doesn't teach you to play the game. I was hoping it would like...actually teach you how you should react in situations. What's different between this and VF5?

Teknoman

Y2Kev said:
This training mode is not what I was led to believe it is. This doesn't teach you to play the game. I was hoping it would like...actually teach you how you should react in situations. What's different between this and VF5?

The only thing I see is that it just has certain classification levels. That being said, some combos I still cant pull off.

I've been really putting the SE stick through its paces with El Fuerte, no speed bumps yet.

Congrats to Raging Spaniard on the awesome artwork!

I just picked up my regular copy for 360... the Gamestop had an extra PS3 CE but sold it an hour or so before I got there. Going to try to hunt down a PS3 CE tomorrow morning at Best Buy. Or Toys R Us. Or anywhere within 10 miles of my job.

Popped it in the retail 360 at work and played for a bit... oh my god, jizz in my pants. Can't wait to get home tonight to play more.

RubxQub

Teknoman said:
The only thing I see is that it just has certain classification levels. That being said, some combos I still cant pull off.
That's why it's a CHALLENGE!!!

...but what's the button combo to do Akuma's ultra?!

MoxManiac

Got it! Woo, gamestop came through for me! After installing going to hit training mode with rufus to get a handle on his moves then it's off to arcade mode!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Teknoman said:

I've been really putting the SE stick through its paces with El Fuerte, no speed bumps yet.
Well the game doesn't even explain what the freaking meter at the bottom of the screen is. You kind of figure a game aiming for accessibility would literally take you from first principles. If this game were a calculus course, we're starting at integration by parts.

But it's quite fun. :D

Ferrio

Banned
RubxQub said:

IN--DE--STRUCTABLE!

LP - Light Punch
LK - Light Kick
HP - Heavy Punch

LP, LP, ->, LK, HP

Do it *fast*

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Found a Gamestop selling copies to non pre-orders!

22de9l.jpg

Spy

I'll tell you all how hyped I am for SFIV. I called my Mom from work right now and walked her through installing the game.

21 years old and yes I still live at home GAF. :lol

Filter

RubxQub said:

IN--DE--STRUCTABLE!

what do you mean low punch? if that's jab then you got it right.
it's all tapping, as fast as you can really. evenly, like saying 1,2,3,4,5 quickly.

RubxQub

Ferrio said:
LP - Light Punch
LK - Light Kick
HP - Heavy Punch

LP, LP, ->, LK, HP

Do it *fast*
Fuck...it's probably the "fast" part I'm failing at.

Thanks for confirming, will have to try a bit harder after I eat.

Was the best with Ryu, but I want to main Fei Long so I'll be using him exclusively methinks after I unlock Gouken and Seth.

...weird thing was that I did fight Gouken and beat him...but no unlock?! Will try that again after food as well. :D

Awesome awesome game.

ruxtpin

Banned
heh. Congrats Spaniard! I unwrapped the game in my car earlier today and noticed your artwork on the inside cover. I knew I had seen it on GAF a while back, but couldn't remember in which thread I saw it.

And - This is the first SF game I've ever owned (I'm relatively new to the fighting genre,) but I'm having a blast. I was lucky enough to find a Blanka FightPad. Played a handful of rounds before leaving for school; managed to pull off Guile's ultracombo against Ryu, leaving him with a chip and was finished off by my opponent's own super. Didn't win, but it was an epic match for a beginner like me. :D

Teknoman

Y2Kev said:
Well the game doesn't even explain what the freaking meter at the bottom of the screen is. You kind of figure a game aiming for accessibility would literally take you from first principles. If this game were a calculus course, we're starting at integration by parts.

But it's quite fun. :D

Got a point there.

vag 2.0

To the guys complaining about the online kids: this is the same with hd remix and probably every online game ever.

Best idea is to restrict your online play to your friends and not random idiots.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So annoyed. My Gamestop isn't receiving until tomorrow. TRU said today by 5, but they didn't have it. Best Buy made me feel like an idiot when I called. I am working 7-7 tomorrow, I really don't want to wait until then for it. :(

Top Bottom