• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

RubxQub said:
How the hell do you pull off Akuma's ultra?

LowP LowP towards LowK HighP isn't doing shit for me.

BUT THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

IN--DE--STRUCTABLE!
His ultra is just a tad different.

LP, LP, back. LK, HP

What you typed is the command for his super.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
donkey show said:
His ultra is just a tad different.

LP, LP, back. LK, HP

What you typed is the command for his super.
Oh my god if that's it I'm going to off myself :lol

I thought I was entering the commands at ninja speeds and still got nothing, so it's good to see I wasn't entering in something properly. I definitely didn't have my super bar filled, so hopefully this is it.

Thanks man.

MIMIC

Banned
Damn...I finally had the 360 dpad mastered and now I can't do a Super Combo to save my life (not even in training). Oh well...my PSX adapter will be here soon enough.

Oh yeah....add me :)

GT: MIMIC880

LowParry

vag 2.0 said:
To the guys complaining about the online kids: this is the same with hd remix and probably every online game ever.

Best idea is to restrict your online play to your friends and not random idiots.

But that's the best time to play with nerd rage wins. :D

Bison, Honda,, not problems

but Chun-Li!!!!!!!! WTF!!! what a bizarro character, I am stuck on Abel what the hell, jesus christ, unlocking Gen is going to be harder than I thought.

I was never good with her in any SF ever, now I am forced to use her to unlock Gen.

am cry!!!!

Bison was like silky smooth, Chun-Li is like the bottom crass in my stove

Guled

yes, got my copy. BTW Canada is awesome, look at the inside cover we got
no its not a mistake, thanks to Quebec we keep getting screwed over by stuff like this
rcpyps.gif

Sidzed2

Y2Kev said:
This training mode is not what I was led to believe it is. This doesn't teach you to play the game. I was hoping it would like...actually teach you how you should react in situations. What's different between this and VF5?

I agree. i totally suck at this game, and want to learn, but the game itself is not going to do ANYTHING to help me. It doesn't even show you how the moves look, or help with timing, or anything. Soul Calibur IV's training mode was better.

It's going to be one of those trial by fire games.

EDIT: Iiiinnddeeessstructible!

Alright! This game is tops. Actually looks/feels a little different to the arcade version for me. Surprisingly so. I think maybe the characters are smaller on the screen or something?

Anyway, a fantastic game. But I really can't play too much of it until I get an arcade stick... the 360 pad is absolutely horrific.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Great matches, brandon. sorry I ONLY know ryu and ken. made for shitty lacks of anything going on

Teknoman

Sidzed2 said:
I agree. i totally suck at this game, and want to learn, but the game itself is not going to do ANYTHING to help me. It doesn't even show you how the moves look, or help with timing, or anything. Soul Calibur IV's training mode was better.

It's going to be one of those trial by fire games.

EDIT: Iiiinnddeeessstructible!

Psst...press select.

darkvir

Guled said:
no its not a mistake, thanks to Quebec we keep getting screwed over by stuff like this
rcpyps.gif

Your kidding right? Right??

chimster

Guled said:
rcpyps.gif

hope they release printable box covers or something where we can request coverart, like what they did with okami for the wii

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Anyone want to play on 360? I'll post more impressions of my stick and game later, right now I want to fight!

Gamertag: Name Generated

h3ro

IN-DE-STRUCTIBLE!!!! :lol

Loving this game so far! Awesome art Raging Spaniard, kinda makes me wish I got the CE... Props!

Also, how do you unlock the other character outfit colors? I've beaten the game with a few characters but still have the default two choices...

Y2Kev said:
brandon :lol

awesome match for a couple of SHOTO SCRUBZ

yeah until my FUCKING ELECTRICITY WENT OUT, I was so into the game I didn't even realize it was storming :lol

I only know Ryu but I owned you with Blanka anywayz

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Oichi said:
lol @ people losing to seth on easiest difficulty:lol
That'll sure encourage them... come on man...

demigod

Anyone know where I can get the song indestructible without the sound effects from the intro? I'm disappointed it's not in the one that came with the CE.

Guled

darkvir said:
Your kidding right? Right??
no I'm not, I didn't even get a pre order headband, plus they have no idea when any madcatz stick/pad are coming in. I love being Canadian. I shouldn't really be complaining since I'm kinda lucky to even get my CE considering my EB games didn't get enough to cover pre orders

Teknoman

Wow online is pretty much lagless...or near lagless anyway. Even for middle bar network levels.

We should do a ton of GAF player matches later tonight.

Snaku

Banned
Teknoman said:
Wow online is pretty much lagless...or near lagless anyway. Even for middle bar network levels.

We should do a ton of GAF player matches later tonight.

I should be one around 11 pm est.

Guled said:
no I'm not, I didn't even get a pre order headband, plus they have no idea when any madcatz stick/pad are coming in. I love being Canadian. I shouldn't really be complaining since I'm kinda lucky to even get my CE considering my EB games didn't get enough to cover pre orders

I don't even know what you're talking about but now I'm scared (stupid work computers filters)...

Guled

Mattlikewhoa said:
I don't even know what you're talking about but now I'm scared (stupid work computers filters)...
here in Canada instead of getting awesome capcom fanart for the inside cover of the game, its blank. This really burns

Spy

Teknoman said:
Nope. Only ranked.
Awesome!

If any of you had Rexram on your PSN list add me under my new name. Realaride

I might have accidentally deleted a couple of you from my friends list when I was cleaning it. Re-add me!

Edit: If you didn't have me added under either name add me now!

Askia47

Guled said:

They forgot to give me a head band! :X

No_Style

Guled said:
here in Canada instead of getting awesome capcom fanart for the inside cover of the game, its blank. This really burns

Grr! :(

SOCOM:Confrontation had the damn in cover art because it was bundled within the box with the headset. What are the chances that the CE version is untouched?

Nevermind.

mittelos

Walked in to Gamespot with no preorder and two trade-ins, left with a copy of the game and 20 cents less in my pocket. I'm completely new to the series, but I feel like this is one of those gaming events that you shouldn't miss out on.

Guled

No_Style said:
Grr! :(

SOCOM:Confrontation had the damn in cover art because it was bundled within the box with the headset. What are the chances that the CE version is untouched?
0 I have the CE

Barrett2

Oh shit, on only my second fight against the CPU, some random Scroto challenged me online. I totally beat his ass, he was even worse than me, and it returned me to my normal Arcade Mode after he left. :lol

Fucking Awesome!

I don't understand what FADC is.

lawblob said:
Oh shit, on only my second fight against the CPU, some random Scroto challenged me online. I totally beat his ass, and it returned me to my normal Arcade Mode.

Fucking Awesome!

it's almost like someone interrupted your SFIV playin' to take out the trash. only taking out the trash has never been so fun.

Top Bottom