• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

chimster

thanks Spaniard! looks great on my tv

DSC03966.jpg

Arde5643

brandonh83 said:
I don't understand what FADC is.
Usually for using an ultra in a combo for most characters, you have to cancel your special move with a Focus Attack, and then quickly cancelling the focus attack with a dash.
After that you can start the ultra in the combo.

So something like Ryu's Shoryuken into Ultra combo:
33+P(SRK hits juggling the opp) -> hold mP+mK(FA which cancels the special animation from finishing) -> 66(dash forward which cancels the FA) -> 236236+PPP (ultra)

EDIT: Or look at Haunt's awesome basic strat in the OP. :D

Teknoman

Arde5643 said:
Usually for using an ultra in a combo for most characters, you have to cancel your special move with a Focus Attack, and then quickly cancelling the focus attack with a dash.
After that you can start the ultra in the combo.

So something like Ryu's Shoryuken into Ultra combo:
33+P(SRK hits juggling the opp) -> hold mP+mK(FA which cancels the special animation from finishing) -> 66(dash forward which cancels the FA) -> 236236+PPP (ultra)

You might want to translate that.

fubarduck

brandonh83 said:
I don't understand what FADC is.

Focus Attack Dash Cancel

Cancel a special move with a focus attack (MP+MK) then tap forwards twice to dash while still holding down MP+MK. Needed for combos and other shenanigans :)

chimster

No_Style said:
Grr! :(

SOCOM:Confrontation had the damn in cover art because it was bundled within the box with the headset. What are the chances that the CE version is untouched?

Nevermind.

my copy of SOCOM didn't, it has the French and English back. Got the bundled version too

Teknoman

fubarduck said:
Focus Attack Dash Cancel

Cancel a special move with a focus attack (MP+MK) then tap forwards twice to dash while still holding down MP+MK. Needed for combos and other shenanigans :)

Oh you do it while still holding the buttons. Heh I end up letting them go.

Normal FACs are nice though. Nothing like Habanero dashing into a medium kick, FACing that with a level 2 FA, then Giga busting your opponent into submission.

Arde5643

Teknoman said:
You might want to translate that.
:lol :lol :lol Looking at Haunts guide is probably better for him than looking at a random scrub's note.

Funny thing is, while I have all this theory in my head, executing them is another different matter. :lol

Teknoman said:
Oh you do it while still holding the buttons. Heh I end up letting them go.

Normal FACs are nice though. Nothing like Habanero dashing into a medium kick, FACing that with a level 2 FA, then Giga busting your opponent into submission.
Fuerte has little need for FADCing though, since his ultra can't be linked other than from crumple stun I think - although his RSF combo is another story.
That shit's harder to do than most of the combos in the trial. :lol

fubarduck said:
Focus Attack Dash Cancel

ohhh okay, starting to get it now. I've been doing the cancels, I just didn't know about the dashing thingie.

mattso

had to wait an hour and a half on line outside the gamestop to pick this up

so whats that page the guy has been posting with the characters moves/strategies on it?

Arde5643

mattso said:
had to wait an hour and a half on line outside the gamestop to pick this up

so whats that page the guy has been posting with the characters moves/strategies on it?
Check the OP - it's Haunts awesome guide for noobs and experts alike.

Arde5643

henhowc said:
Is the move really called a quesadilla bomb?
He's a chef and calls himself "the super dynamic cooking chef" and even has an awesome old school sentai theme.

His cooking skills are really questionable though as seen from his op and ending anime scenes (also from quotes of fighters who beat you). :lol

you can use a headset with this game, right? (PS3 version)

I'm trying to figure out my headset is crapping out on me all the time before I play, hope it's not all a waste of effort.

AND I WILL EAT *SOMEONE'S HEART

*who is on my friend slist and still playing in ~15 minutes

Guled

Linkzg said:
you can use a headset with this game, right? (PS3 version)

I'm trying to figure out my headset is crapping out on me all the time before I play, hope it's not all a waste of effort.

AND I WILL EAT *SOMEONE'S HEART

*who is on my friend slist and still playing in ~15 minutes
yes, voice chat is supported. This has to be the first feature complete ps3 game

No_Style

chimster said:
my copy of SOCOM didn't, it has the French and English back. Got the bundled version too

Mine came through Amazon.ca. Same with my copy of R2 which came from them as well. So maybe my SFIV CE will have it?

Also, Guled. Just added you to PSN. Why aren't you playing?! :lol

I'd wouldn't be there if I had my copy!

chimster

No_Style said:
Mine came through Amazon.ca. Same with my copy of R2 which came from them as well. So maybe my SFIV CE will have it?

lol so there is still hope for Canadians, please post back when you get yours. I'm waiting for bestbuy since I have giftcards but I'll gladly order from amazon.ca if they have the coverart.:D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Seth is pretty easy on easiest. He's easy to exploit...the first round you can fireball him to death and the second round he's vulnerable against jumping in I've found. Stick with it...if I can do it, you can.

and online is lagless.

any impressions yet on the Mad Catz fightpad for PS3? I picked up the last one at GameCrazy, and won't open it until I know if I've made a major mistake. This is a second controller I'm using in addition to an X-arcade, and I'd like to have a six button pad, so any impressions would help.

ravien56

hell yea I didn't pre order and Eb is gonna hold 1 for me ... I guess southern Ontario has it and fs says it will have tomorrow

Guled

No_Style said:

father has the tv now :( got to wait a while

Anyway, here is what SF4 could have been, its Backbone's rejected design doc for SF4: Flashback, check it out its pretty neat

http://www.unseen64.net/2009/02/09/street-fighter-iv-flashback-x360ps3-concept/

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
All right guys, if you still don't have a copy yet, this should be the last night of waiting! We're in the final stretch and headed to the finish line.

I've been playing this game like crazy since thursday on 360; I'm at the 40-plus hour play time mark now. But I want to check it out on PS3!

Superblatt said:
any impressions yet on the Mad Catz fightpad for PS3? I picked up the last one at GameCrazy, and won't open it until I know if I've made a major mistake. This is a second controller I'm using in addition to an X-arcade, and I'd like to have a six button pad, so any impressions would help.

I like it. I would have preferred it to be wired like the Xbox 360 pad, but the d-pad and buttons feel great. It's the same as the 360 pad; fits well in my hands, has rubber grips, and is very responsive.

But it's not like the standard PS3 controller. It comes with a USB dongle and needs two AA batteries.

Turk

Y2Kev said:
Seth is pretty easy on easiest. He's easy to exploit...the first round you can fireball him to death and the second round he's vulnerable against jumping in I've found. Stick with it...if I can do it, you can.

and online is lagless.

Should have been more specific.
Guile vs Seth = FRUSTRATION

bumpkin

This fucking SUCKS! I went to the GameStop I have the game reserved at and they basically stuck to the "it'll be in tomorrow" story. I suppose there's a possibility the clerk was telling the truth. It's more likely the store manager informed them not to sell it until tomorrow. He tried to break out the "you aren't alone, man. I wish it was in tonight too" but whatever.

After leaving I tried to call Best Buy, hoping maybe I could dupe a gullible clerk, but they broke out a line. She said, "we usually we get games in on the day they come out. That comes out tomorrow. You should check back then." I wanted to be like, "um, I worked a Christmas at your store. I know that's a lie. You have new releases at least a few days before it comes out" but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

So, I guess tomorrow it is. *sigh*

*even bigger sigh*

*HUGE SIGH*

Fuck.

I had the CE pre-ordered on Amazon. It hadn't even shipped today, so with 2 day shipping and processing it wasn't going to be coming for a while. I called gamestop and both of the locations in my town had extra copies on everything, including an xbox CE.

I was going for the PS3 CE, but I wasn't waiting and that extra stuff didn't really mean to mutch. I am super happy with my decision. I'm loving having my hands on this game to play all week after work. It is everything I hoped it would be if not more. I'm finding I'm having even more success than usually due to a mix of my playstyle and the games mechanics. I wasn't too hot at SSFTIIHDR.

Did we have any graphics comparisons? It doesn't really make much a difference in my case, but I always like to know the differences. PS3 is looking pretty great in my opinion.

FrankT

Judderman said:
Crazy ass line with no preorder and the risk of being denied and the result is:

b42e2fedb06b.jpeg

In Zangief style, a thumb to the side :D

Nice, just got the call from Ashley. Looks like tomorrow it is then.

Ashhong

i dont know if this was talked about already, but is there some kind of bug with the character like announcement things? you know how they have that writing at the end of each match? im playing with ryu and i think ken's writings are coming out.

first rufus called me ken masters, and then in another match it said "settle down and start a family? i have better things to do". that sounds like ken...wtf?

Stopped at Walmart, Best Buy, Target and Gamestop on my way home from work and struck out. Target had a spot for it but they either sold out or haven't put it on the shelf yet. What's another day? :(

Felix Lighter said:
Stopped at Walmart, Best Buy, Target and Gamestop on my way home from work and struck out. Target had a spot for it but they either sold out or haven't put it on the shelf yet. What's another day? :(

Eternity.

duffey

This game is pretty awesome although I kinda deviated in my usual shoto path to play with Viper who I very much like. I just gotta get used to the pace of this game in comparison to Super Turbo. I'm gettin' beat by dudes I shouldn't have a problem with. D:

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Felix Lighter said:

Could've asked them if they had it in the back at Target. They would've sold it to you if they did.

Top Bottom