• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Ridli said:
Yeah, definately different. Except for Guile. He seems very close to his HDR rendition. Granted, I'm not the master of Guile or anything, but I don't feel as out of place with him as I do with the shotos. I think he'll be my way to transition.

that's because guile is so fucking awesome lol. his b/f mk is nerfed tho. can't use it as an anti air anymore.

haunts said:
whats the exact inputs they are asking for? i forget that one..
I'm supposed to jump in with a h. kick to a standing fierce then a SRK to a shin hadoken. I can get all the moves off but the shin hadoken doesn't link and I get no credit. I think I'm supposed to cancel the SRK directly into the shin hadoken but I can't get the timing down.
bdizzle said:
no, what's listed there is what you have to do. after you focus attack, make sure you dash. that's how u link off of FADC's
That's what I afraid of. It's going to be a long night...

tribal24

Banned
diffusionx said:
Pretty rough. Chun Li is pretty different. Please don't hurt me thread, but my first impressions of SFIV were not good.

Also, while I'm at it, what is the command for her Tenshyokyaku? I think the prima guide and the movelist in-game is giving me two different commands.

im gonna agree with you with the first impression, becuase i wasnt use to the pacing , i was more use to third strike pacing

Deep Crow said:
Okay, I'm a total newbie to Street Fighter, and I've played a bit of SFIV, but holy crap do I suck. I lost multiple times playing arcade mode on the easiest difficulty. I need some pointers bad. What are the key things to know when playing SF? I want to like this game, but I'm having a hard time right now.

what version do u have? i have it on 360 and ps3 and ill give u pointers if u need it. i gotta mic on both too.

PSN longmeat
XBL sir long meat

sprocket said:
hell i think abel is the cheapest person in the game. seth is a panzy.

abel OWNS!!!!!!!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Oh my wallet. SF4 CE + FE + DQV = pain.

Alright. Which of you geeky fuckers were lined up in that ~40+ person crowd outside the GS in the South St. Seaport in downtown Manhattan? Seriously? 40+ people in a line for STREET FIGHTER? Some of you chumps looked like you were barely out of your mothers' respective wombs last time a new SF got released!

Ridli

bdizzle said:
that's because guile is so fucking awesome lol. his b/f mk is nerfed tho. can't use it as an anti air anymore.

I'm mostly concerned about how he's going to fare against the Focus Attack though. No more Bazooka knee to throw, except against total noobs.

Still, that EX Boom is sex. It is soooo damn fast, I love it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Saint Gregory said:
I'm supposed to jump in with a h. kick to a standing fierce then a SRK to a shin hadoken. I can get all the moves off but the shin hadoken doesn't link and I get no credit. I think I'm supposed to cancel the SRK directly into the shin hadoken but I can't get the timing down.

I think you can just mash out shoryukens and mash on p to get the cancel. :lol

Linkzg said:
I'm guessing the downloadable costumes aren't up yet?

and wasn't I supposed to get a headband with my gamestop preorder?

You get it when you preorder but if they have extras they may give it to you again when you pick up the game. i have 2 now. going to ebay one of it :lol

sprocket said:
yeah I got no voucher or headband :/

it's inside one of the game cases ;o

If ps3 CE, then it's inside the anime. the collector's hint guide is in there too. probably the same for the 360. inside where the anime is

Whoooooooo, I got lucky and scored a non pre-order copy at Gamestop:

3289342054_a744451daa_o.jpg

If you are in Raleigh and still looking tonight, try calling the Gamestop at Brier Creek to see if they have any more.

I know I have been off of Street Fighter for a while, I was giddy when I got SF4 Collector's Edition (with headband, yay!!), and I still am giddy....but playing through the game on medium hard, I was doing alright, but then...I got to Seth....

....OMFG...what kind of mad anal rappage is this monstrosity?! Did they get SNK or something to design this guy?! He made me appreciate Gill!

GILL!!!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Saint Gregory said:
My god you were right, I did that and got it on the first try:lol Why are you encouraging me to button mash online :D

trust me, i hesitated before hitting "submit reply" lol.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Indestructible is great menu song, very catchy, what a menu song should be.

Also I forgot to ask for a headband at Gamestop. :(

draven

Allright guys, SFIV thread lurker here, and at the last minute I've decided to take the plunge. Anybody have any recommendations for someone without a preorder to pick it up tomorrow? Any good deals or bonuses? I heard Toys r Us is giving away a figurine with copies tomorrow...

Secondly, I hear the 360 pad is ass when it comes to this game. Any recommendations on a decent pad for the game that would be obtainable and inexpensive? I've been stuck on control pads over joysticks since SF2THF for the SNES, and can't see myself going back...

Any help is appreciated, and if I can actually get it tomorrow, feel free to add my gamertag (CidDelNorte) to get a cheap win :D TIA

Volcynika

Hm, the only MadCatz fightpads near here are Ryu and Blanka. Guess I shouldn't have waited so long :p

But my copy won't be in till tomorrow. Sad day.

n2063353_54444515_6602.jpg

walked in to gamestop on my way home from school without a preorder
expected the clerk to raise a stink, but nothing

damn xbox game boxes are ugly as fuck
the green just ruins it

edit: install complete!!
see you guys online!!

Teknoman

Whats El Fuerte's "super jump" good for? I know you can do mid air specials from his normal wall jump by qcf+ medium or fierce punch.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DigitalA1chemy said:
Whoooooooo, I got lucky and scored a non pre-order copy at Gamestop:

3289342054_a744451daa_o.jpg

If you are in Raleigh and still looking tonight, try calling the Gamestop at Brier Creek to see if they have any more.

Four Seasons Mall has it also, that's where I got mine.

As for you, you should probably hit the Lucky's tourney on the 28th in greensboro.

Thrilltacular

Neo Member
Game is really awesome, playing it with my brother online right now. Amazon can't ship my fight stick and fight pad soon enough, I just can't get accustomed to the 360 controller.

Nemesis_

How do you unlock Akuma and Gouken? Only two characters I have to unlock.

I tried getting shitloads of perfects and ultras in one playthrough without continues but neither showed up =/

Raging Spaniard said:
Thanks again guy, I kinda wish they hadnt cropped it and that the CE versions werent limited ... but EH, WTF AM I BITCHING ABOUT

Heres some ridiculous res links of the piece:

300 dpi (jpg): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images/sfiv/Inside_Cover_Art_XavierGarcia_300dpi.jpg

600 dpi (tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images/sfiv/Inside_Cover_Art_XavierGarcia_600dpi.tif

300 dpi(tiff): http://www.ragingspaniard.com/images/sfiv/Inside_Cover_Art_XavierGarcia_300dpi.tif

Thanks!!

My Macbook Pro is a whole new level of sexy now! :D

OH SHIT...didn't see the NeoGAF call out on Guile's dog tags. Way to rep!

My gamestop had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what are the conditions for unlocking colors? going through time trial but I think there's somethign else. can't find it on the nets.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Damn, I'm not really liking it that much. Played for a little bit then turned it off. Now i don't even really feel compelled to play it anymore :(

No_Style

_tetsuo_ said:
Damn, I'm not really liking it that much. Played for a little bit then turned it off. Now i don't even really feel compelled to play it anymore :(

If it's the PS3 version, give it to me and I'll put it to good use.

Also, are you playing against live opponents?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
:lol I'm absolutely dreadful with a stick. Resorting to cheese tactics to beat the game on easiest. So tempting to pick up that controller.

fabs115

jesus how the hell do you beat seth? even on very easy i haven't been able too

you play him close he just sucks you in and power bombs you, you play him far he spams you with quick sonic booms and wall jumps

when you jump he just shoryuken's you continuously

when you're ahead he ultras you its unreal

its pretty frustrating im having trouble doing ultras with the 360 dpad, if i was able to i would have beaten him still but either way still frustrating as hell

Top Bottom