• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

bumpkin

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Seth can be all kinds of frustrating. It took me a lot of tries to beat him with Dhalsim, a character I never use, in particular. But what worked for me was in the first round, do nothing but drill headbutts (down+p) and standing headbutts (back+hard punch when close) to him over and over. I was able to perfect Seth the first round every single time doing this. It's when he powers up the second round that I would get killed, but in the end, just spamming standing hard punches and kicks, and jumping hard punches (over his Sonic Booms) worked like a charm. Dhalsim can also dash right under his Sonic Booms.

The easiest character to beat the game with for me ended up being Gen. Just doing his multi-punch special in both regular and EX DESTROYED Seth.

And the weird thing is that fighting Akuma or Gouken afterwards is no problem. I spent a few retries on Seth before my first Gouken fight, for example, then perfected Gouken when I got to him with my 'Gief. You'd think Gouken would have been harder. I think they upped Seth's difficulty level, because he was always incredibly easy to beat in the arcade version.

BTW, if you are having trouble beating Seth to get to Akuma and Gouken, remember that you can press start on a second controller to "save" yourself from losing a round; just beat the dummy character, and when you go back to arcade mode, you'll restart the match with no losses again.

mr stroke

ok screw the "instant join in arcade mode"
cool feature but turning that shit off for now, as some wants to join right as I am about to win a match against the cpu.

Ashhong

Raw64life said:
Anyone else transitioning from HD Remix to this without ever playing SFIV before? And if so, how smooth is the transition?

i am. and its smooth. im mostly ryu/ken/cammy on HD, and have only tried ryu so far on SF4, but its exactly the same to me.

Guled

mr stroke said:
cool feature but turning that shit off for now, as some wants to join right as I am about to win a match against the cpu.
can you make it friends only?

AZ Greg

So, can we expect Wal-Mart to sell it at midnight? My Wal-Marts have done it for games in the past like GTA 4. Or will they not be receiving the game until some time tomorrow?

I'm likely to be the only one here worrying about this right now, but does anyone know the name of the first track on the Street Fighter IV CE soundtrack? All the songs except the first one are Character Themes, help me out here. DX

Teknoman

Guled said:
can you make it friends only?

I guess player matches count as friends only? I dunno. I think i'll turn it off after a few more ranked matches. Gotta build up some BP and unlock more titles.

Zeliard

Shit, thumb's starting to develop a blister. :lol

I wish the stick I ordered was in. :(

Still so much fun. And Seth is indeed an asshole.

mattso

so I started with c. viper on easy to unlock cammy (my fav from hdremix) and I'm starting to like her a lot

her ex thunder knuckle is sweet. I need to figure out something good to combo with it

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Thanks, Snaku, that was a lot of fun....even though I was mostly getting whomped. I have a lot to learn on when to use moves and stuff. When I get rolling I can reel off a nice string, but I have too many weaknesses. I get cornered and panic. And I wasn't sure what to do when you would duck.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ok after spending some time with my game and SE Stick:

SFIV: Fucking awesome, I even won my very first online match. I like how smooth everything is, seems like they really tried to make it accessible. I've take a big liking to Abel, I really like his moveset. El Fuerte is a little bastard (from one online experience) :lol Challenge mode is great, but some of the combos are really tough, and I still am not to used to the charge characters. I've only had 1 laggy game that got disconnected in the middle. Online experience, other than that, has been flawless.

SE Stick: I pretty much knew mine would be fucked up, the washer error seems like a problem that many sticks would have if they were mass produced. Mine has it. I go from perfectly fine controls to non-stop jumping/crouching/or running. It seems to only affect the left side of the stick. It's definitely manageable and playable, for me at least. But it makes me want my Sanwa stick even more. The buttons feel great to me, not too stubborn to use but not overly sensitive. Turbo works fine as does the lock function. The artwork also looks great. If the joystick worked, then this stick would be easily worth the 70-80 bucks. And even with a fubar joystick, I still really like it, I can actually somewhat play with charge characters now. The move card was a nice touch too. If anyone has any questions about the SE stick just ask.

Game is awesome, stick is kind of messed up, but what a great, fun time.

Guled

man the soundtrack that comes with the CE is weak, for 20$ more they should have put more tracks in it, it should at least have the intro songs

I just wanted to say that I can't beat the game on Medium. After about a dozen or so ass whoopings I decided to call it a day. I'll give it another shot tomorrow but unless I drop it to easy or something I think I'll just suffer more beatdowns. . I don't remember Bison giving me this kind of trouble when I played SF2 on 4 stars.

RobbieNick

Been playing the PS3 CE for a few hours. Only got through Arcade once with Crimson Viper (My favorite of the new characters). I was getting my butt handed for quite a while since I didn't know some of the new things to do in the game. I actually had to "GASP!" read the manual.

This was easily the best collectors edition for getting the most of your money. You get the game, a Blu-Ray Anime movie (a prequel to the events of SFIV), a soundtrack, a code for free character outfits (which you apparently can't use yet) and a three inch figurine.

Oh, and before I forget.. "You're Innn-deee-struct-a-bull!"

sprocket

Banned
fabs115 said:
jesus seth is ridiculous, even on easy mode i can only get him about half way down energy, so cheap

ive bneat him twice on medium with little problem. :/ mostly use the get close and ex combos.

here is a question.. where are my costume vouchers?

xt04

Neo Member
Line at my gamestop was around the entire store, but I finally got it.

Getting used to the pace of this game is something after playing HD Remix for so long.

If anyone wants to rape me (digitally speaking) my PS3 ID: xt04.

Install finished! Gotta go!

Ridli

I know this thread is going a mile a minute, but is Raging Spaniard Xavier Garcia? Did we get a gaffer's art on the inside cover?

Damn this game is awesome but I had to come up for air (and food). Something I'm trying to figure out though is on the trials do you ever have do do more than what's instructed to get any of the combos off i.e. FADC to connect a SRK to a super or should I be able to pull them off exactly as shown? I can't for the life of me do the last of Ryu's combos on his 4th normal mode trial. I'm guessing that maybe I have to cancel into it from the SRK but by the time I'm sure it connected it's too late :(

Raw64life said:
Anyone else transitioning from HD Remix to this without ever playing SFIV before? And if so, how smooth is the transition?

lol not a smooth transition. Me and someone on my friends was talking about how much we suck now. the timing's different, the combos are different, it's just different. the game fucking owns tho.

Arde5643

NameGenerated said:
Ok after spending some time with my game and SE Stick:

SFIV: Fucking awesome, I even won my very first online match. I like how smooth everything is, seems like they really tried to make it accessible. I've take a big liking to Abel, I really like his moveset. El Fuerte is a little bastard (from one online experience) :lol
As Abel, don't stick to the ground and the wheel kick is your friend when facing Fuerte.

Remember, Fuerte doesn't have many options to get you from close up range and Abel's command throw is pretty beastly against Fuerte since Fuerte doesn't have any priority move a la DP.
Roll is also useful to avoid Fuerte's splash or Tortilla propeller.

FoxSpirit

xt04 said:
Line at my gamestop was around the entire store, but I finally got it.

Getting used to the pace of this game is something after playing HD Remix for so long.

If anyone wants to rape me (digitally speaking) my PS3 ID: xt04.

Install finished! Gotta go!

Faster, slower?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Saint Gregory said:
Damn this game is awesome but I had to come up for air (and food). Something I'm trying to figure out though is on the trials do you ever have do do more than what's instructed to get any of the combos off i.e. FADC to connect a SRK to a super or should I be able to pull them off exactly as shown? I can't for the life of me do the last of Ryu's combos on his 4th normal mode trial. I'm guessing that maybe I have to cancel into it from the SRK but by the time I'm sure it connected it's too late :(

whats the exact inputs they are asking for? i forget that one..

btw, kudos to anyone who can FADC on a pad. LOL

Saint Gregory said:

no, what's listed there is what you have to do. after you focus attack, make sure you dash. that's how u link off of FADC's

Blueblur1

GameStop called me this afternoon to tell me that I could pick it up tomorrow morning. What do I think this means? I think it means that they received the game today but are too lazy to bother with the pre-orders and walk-ins immediately. The guys at this store in Miami are terribly lazy and never helpful.

Whatever. Its not best not to get upset about any of this.

Ridli

bdizzle said:
lol not a smooth transition. Me and someone on my friends was talking about how much we suck now. the timing's different, the combos are different, it's just different. the game fucking owns tho.

Yeah, definately different. Except for Guile. He seems very close to his HDR rendition. Granted, I'm not the master of Guile or anything, but I don't feel as out of place with him as I do with the shotos. I think he'll be my way to transition.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Raw64life said:

Pretty rough. Chun Li is pretty different. Please don't hurt me thread, but my first impressions of SFIV were not good.

Also, while I'm at it, what is the command for her Tenshyokyaku? I think the prima guide and the movelist in-game is giving me two different commands.

Zapages

Guys, I'll be getting the PS3 edition... My screen name is Zapages... So if you guys want to do a few rounds next week let me know... :)

PSN: Zapages

Deep Crow

Neo Member
Okay, I'm a total newbie to Street Fighter, and I've played a bit of SFIV, but holy crap do I suck. I lost multiple times playing arcade mode on the easiest difficulty. I need some pointers bad. What are the key things to know when playing SF? I want to like this game, but I'm having a hard time right now.

I didn't know I set it to ranked matches request. I got 2 invites. lost both because i wasn't prepared. Was trying to learn how to use a stick again :lol

But i love it. 3 bars was smooth except one or two hitches but it was pretty much awesome.

bumpkin

mr stroke said:
Sounds like a cool feature if you're just warming up against the CPU while you wait for challengers.

Man, even just looking at my Xbox Live friends list ticks me off; at least half of them are playing SFIV right now. :(

Snaku

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Thanks, Snaku, that was a lot of fun....even though I was mostly getting whomped. I have a lot to learn on when to use moves and stuff. When I get rolling I can reel off a nice string, but I have too many weaknesses. I get cornered and panic. And I wasn't sure what to do when you would duck.

I was just feeling you out when I did that, seeing how you'd aproach it. But yeah, that was great fun. Thanks for the matches y2kev. :D

Top Bottom