• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

LiK

_tetsuo_ said:
Damn, I'm not really liking it that much. Played for a little bit then turned it off. Now i don't even really feel compelled to play it anymore :(

wat? does not compute.

sprocket

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
Damn, I'm not really liking it that much. Played for a little bit then turned it off. Now i don't even really feel compelled to play it anymore :(

ive been through it 3 times already on medium. unlocked dan .. oh yeah!

anyway I like 4 much better than HD, was never a fan of 3,

No_Style

Chamber said:
:lol I'm absolutely dreadful with a stick. Resorting to cheese tactics to beat the game on easiest. So tempting to pick up that controller.

Stick with it. Eventually it'll click and you'll never want to go back. I was frustrated with my first time with stick as well. My bro made it worse by taunting me as well. :lol

OH GOD YESSS!!!! I'm just waiting for it to finish installing...

DSC08027.jpg

ITS FUCKING GO BOT TIME!!!!

Zapages

fabs115 said:
jesus how the hell do you beat seth? even on very easy i haven't been able too

you play him close he just sucks you in and power bombs you, you play him far he spams you with quick sonic booms and wall jumps

when you jump he just shoryuken's you continuously

when you're ahead he ultras you its unreal

its pretty frustrating im having trouble doing ultras with the 360 dpad, if i was able to i would have beaten him still but either way still frustrating as hell

So true, I was played a bit at Gamestop's Kiosk... You really need to do an ultra to defeat him.

Does anyone know if you can use a keyboard with your Playstation 3 to play games? As I am really good with using the keyboard... Its like arcade stick but not really at the same time...

Xabora

Anyone have a guide as to where I can convert a 360 controller into a stick?
I already have a stick I want to modify.

Pterion

_tetsuo_ said:
Funny, had a similar feeling with SSF2 HD remix. Played for 2-3 hours, never went back to it. And I used to be a big SF lover. Think I'll rent this one and then we'll see.

Teknoman

fabs115 said:

you play him close he just sucks you in and power bombs you, you play him far he spams you with quick sonic booms and wall jumps

its pretty frustrating im having trouble doing ultras with the 360 dpad, if i was able to i would have beaten him still but either way still frustrating as hell

Just set 3p or 3k to LB or RB.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
No_Style said:
Stick with it. Eventually it'll click and you'll never want to go back. I was frustrated with my first time with stick as well. My bro made it worse by taunting me as well. :lol
Yeah, I'm definitely determined to keep at it. Just having trouble getting those double QCF motions down for Supers & Ultras.

Wow, I am terrible at this game. I've never really been good at fighting games but normally I am at least able to button mash my way through the arcade mode. I can't even do that on SFIV. Is there a particular character that is good for novice/beginner players?

Barrett2

I have an extra unopened PS3 Chun Li fight pad if anyone wants to make an offer. I can mail it tomorrow morning.

PM if interested.

sprocket

Banned
fabs115 said:

first round he is a panzy and never teleports and barely uses an EX.

second round he teleports ever sec. and ex throws all the time.
jump kicking into a ex combo usually works.

Teknoman

BarrelMakingPenguin said:
Wow, I am terrible at this game. I've never really been good at fighting games but normally I am at least able to button mash my way through the arcade mode. I can't even do that on SFIV. Is there a particular character that is good for novice/beginner players?

Go mess around in challenge trial mode. Never a better time to learn how to fight and not mess up your fingers :D

Zapages

fabs115 said:

So true, I was played a bit at Gamestop's Kiosk... You really need to do an ultra to defeat him.

Does anyone know if you can use a keyboard with your Playstation 3 to play games? As I am really good with using the keyboard... Its like arcade stick but not really at the same time...

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Nemesis556 said:
How do you unlock Akuma and Gouken? Only two characters I have to unlock.

I tried getting shitloads of perfects and ultras in one playthrough without continues but neither showed up =/

You DON'T need perfects or Ultras to get Akuma.

You only need to finish the game WITHOUT continuing.

For Gouken, you need AT LEAST 1 Perfect round and at LEAST 2 Ultra finishes (depending on the round count).

For Gouken you also need to go through one character's story mode TWICE. So the easiest thing to do is pick Ryu, play once to get Sakura, then play again once everyone (including Akuma) is unlocked to get Gouken.

Arde5643

Deep Crow said:
Okay, I'm a total newbie to Street Fighter, and I've played a bit of SFIV, but holy crap do I suck. I lost multiple times playing arcade mode on the easiest difficulty. I need some pointers bad. What are the key things to know when playing SF? I want to like this game, but I'm having a hard time right now.
Learning from arcade is a waste of time since the CPU reads your input (cheats).
Only use arcade to unlock characters.

Just play online and get your ass beat there - it's humbling but it gives you much better experience in the game itself.

DigitalA1chemy said:
Whoooooooo, I got lucky and scored a non pre-order copy at Gamestop:

3289342054_a744451daa_o.jpg

If you are in Raleigh and still looking tonight, try calling the Gamestop at Brier Creek to see if they have any more.
Do you live in Raleigh?

Xabora

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Man, fuck Seth!!

Fuck him in his teleporting crazed piledriving overly sculpted butt-naked ass!!
Thats Bison's ass, since Seth was created to be a replacement body for Bison.

burgerdog

Oh my god, I didn't expect the game to this good. It's so smooth, I've never seen this type of shit in a 3d polygonal game. And yes, I own VF5. Wow, I bow to you, Capcom.

vertopci

Played this for a bit.

Didn't play enough to decide if I like it yet (that will be decided by fun online play is), but I miss the 3S characters so much. :( They were so much cooler

edit: Also the 3S background music is so much better. Then again, I doubt any BGM in any game could match Urien's :D

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
game is AWESOME

though i recommend turning off the new challenger thing... i was getting one every match, sometimes even more often :p

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I have to wait till tomorrow for the game cause my dumbass decided to use my employee discount for the CE at Best Buy thinking I could get it early...but we wont have them till tomorrow morning (fission mailed). Oh well at least Im getting it for cheap...and I have the next two days off...awww yeah.

p.s. so whats the verdict on the game? Is it a fucking blast or what?

PSGames

Is anybody else having problems with Xbox Live? It won't let me create a Party and it won't let me challenge a friend in SF4. It keeps saying Unable to join Session or something like that :-(

Alivor

Why is there no lobby system online? This has probably been asked before, I know that, but seriously? I mean, the 360 arcade versions had it...and they're like a sixth of the price, maybe a little more...
Is Capcom gonna patch a lobby system in?

burgerdog

Oh yeah, the line was huge at the GS I picked up my game from. There was about 50 people lined up, including an eight year old kid, wtf :lol

mr stroke

gray_fox224 said:
All this Seth talk...not looking forward to facing him:lol :lol

SOB is near impossible with his cheap shit..tried to beat him with Ken for an hour an got no where :(

had to put it on Easiest mode...

Top Bottom