• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Captain N

bounchfx said:
WHAT THE HELL. I beat it but it didn't unlock anyone??

who did you beat it with?

Akuma After unlocking Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Rose, Fight him on arcade mode, to do that, Get at least 2 perfects and 2 Ultra Finishes.

Cammy End the arcade mode with Crimson Viper

Dan End the arcade mode with Sakura

Fei Long End the arcade mode with Abel

Gen End the arcade mode with Chun-Li

Gouken After unlocking Akuma, Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Rose, Fight him on arcade mode, to do that, Get at least 2 perfects and 3 Ultra Finishes.

Rose End the arcade mode with M.Bison

Sakura End the arcade mode with Ryu

Seth End the game with all the other characters

h3ro

junkster said:
Picked up 2 controllers and the PS3 version tonight.

Been a hardcore SF player since SF2 so I gotta shoot from the hip here...

Graphics? Awesome!
Gameplay? Awesome!
Sound design? Terrible!
Voices? Are you serious? (announcer play by play, Ken's hurricane kick, etc etc etc)
Music? Horrendous!
No custom soundtracks? In this particular case.... uuuuugh...

I never would have imagined that any game's sound would totally ruin it for me, but there it is.

Granted, there are great tracks, but only in Rival Fights, which I can't choose in Vs. mode.

Capcom, what were you thinking?

I REALLY hope they add custom soundtracks in a patch.

Hell, I'd pay good money for it.

No custom soundtrack support huh... Then what do you call this?

Spruchy

I'm really suprised everyone on the internet seems to forget what gamefaqs is when it comes to unlocking characters. Perfect method for getting Akuma/Gokuen (make sure to play on 1 round):
Akuma After unlocking Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Rose, Fight him on arcade mode, to do that, Get at least 2 perfects and 2 Ultra Finishes.
Cammy End the arcade mode with Crimson Viper
Dan End the arcade mode with Sakura
Fei Long End the arcade mode with Abel
Gen End the arcade mode with Chun-Li
Gouken After unlocking Akuma, Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Fei Long, Gen and Rose, Fight him on arcade mode, to do that, Get at least 2 perfects and 3 Ultra Finishes.
Rose End the arcade mode with M.Bison
Sakura End the arcade mode with Ryu
Seth End the game with all the other characters

Teknoman

Keep in mind he also has an EX run that can absorb two hits from non-armor breaking moves, so use this against players who hit you out of your Run.

Huh, had no idea...

:D Nice.

Been having a blast so far, played for over 6 hours straight tonight. I've unlocked evenone but seth and gouken now, gotta figure out what the exact way to unlock gouken is. I played and beat him once, but he didn't unlock for some reason. Kinda pissed me off!

And Seth is a cocksucker.

Thrilltacular

Neo Member
Spruchy said:
I'm really suprised everyone on the internet seems to forget what gamefaqs is when it comes to unlocking characters. Perfect method for getting Akuma/Gokuen (make sure to play on 1 round):

Is it possible to lose a match and still face these two? I don't think I'm nearly good enough to try and unlock them yet... damn Seth...

I am so ridiculously awful with Crimson Viper online, but the only other person I can play as is Ken and I refuse to pick him. I think I've lost like 10 in a row.

Kintaro said:
I see everyone on my PS3 friends list playing SF4...

...makes me want to kick your asses tomorrow. :D

we'll get our revenge on them all tomorrow!!! hit me up on psn!!! looking forward to playing a few matches with you!

Dave Long

Banned
So I took the GAF challenge and stayed away from Ken/Ryu/Sagat online tonight... and promptly got my head handed to me by a million Ken/Ryu/Sagat players. My 25% win percentage isn't nice to look at, but at least I lost most of them with C. Viper!

Captain N

EraldoCoil said:
Hey Captain N , hows the online record coming along? doing better?

I was having a good night...thanks for bringin' it up...Since you asked I have 5 wins.

It says on my stats that I only played 55 matches

Matches • 55

Wins • 5

Longest win streak • 2

I am hoping for 10 wins by March

pelicansurf said:
Using the 30 seconds/1 round plan pretty much eliminated the Seth problem. Yay.

same here.

Captain N said:
I was having a good night...thanks for bringin' it up...Since you asked I have 5 wins.

Matches • 55

Wins • 5

Longest win streak • 2

lol

vertopci

DigitalA1chemy said:
I am so ridiculously awful with Crimson Viper online, but the only other person I can play as is Ken and I refuse to pick him. I think I've lost like 10 in a row.

Don't worry I lost like 10 in a row too :lol

Captain N said:

Matches • 55

Wins • 5

Longest win streak • 2

doing better though, baby steps man!! keep practicing :D

Teknoman

Hopefully i'll up my win rate tomorrow. Still trying to get El Fuerte down. Next after that is Abel. Then i'll be able to jump between Ryu,Ken,Blanka,Abel, and El Fuerte.

Going to be hard to unlock all characters though :lol

Ashhong

Ashhong said:
i dont know if this was talked about already, but is there some kind of bug with the character like announcement things? you know how they have that writing at the end of each match? im playing with ryu and i think ken's writings are coming out.

first rufus called me ken masters, and then in another match it said "settle down and start a family? i have better things to do". that sounds like ken...wtf?

gonna quote myself because i just got off work and dont know if anyone answered.

TP

Captain N said:
who did you beat it with?

Hmm, I just unlocked Akuma but with 2 Super Finishes, not Ultra

Zeliard

Jeo said:
Hmm, I just unlocked Akuma but with 2 Super Finishes, not Ultra

I think the deal with Akuma is to make sure you get at least 1 perfect and no continues. I think Ultras only play a part for getting the Gouken fight. Still not positive how it all works. :p

dfyb

Banned
just got the 10 ranked wins in a row trophy (using gief) :D

AgentX (don't know your GAF name), you were the ONLY non-shoto i had played in that span :lol. you weren't bad -- i just think you weren't used to the lariat; i was able to abuse them.

also, i really wish my El Fuerte game was better. i really tried, but he just does SO little damage it is hard to win consistently. plus, it seems like most my moves just trade with DP if they can time it right. i still want to learn him, but yeah... right now i'm not too great with him.

Ashhong said:
hm, what about when rufus called me ken masters =/

it's not a fuck up, rufus "He has declared himself the greatest fighter in the USA and has a deep, albeit one sided rivalry with Ken Masters from Street Fighter II. He fights to prove that he is indeed better than Ken but he frequently mistakes other fighters for Ken."

he just gets confused lol :lol

MIMIC

Banned
Trying to find ranked matches is becoming a true task. It's either create a match and sit there for 10 minutes or try to find a match that isn't already full/can't play.

547 bp tho :)

dfyb said:
just got the 10 ranked wins in a row trophy :D

Nice.

I think my ranked streak ended at 6 or 7 when a (my first time using this term) shoto beat me in 3 :-/ He set a trap and I fell for it :(

And according to my stats, I've played a Ryu 14 times and a Ken 17 times. Only played myself (a Guile) once.

dfyb

Banned
EraldoCoil said:
it's not a fuck up, rufus "He has declared himself the greatest fighter in the USA and has a deep, albeit one sided rivalry with Ken Masters from Street Fighter II. He fights to prove that he is indeed better than Ken but he frequently mistakes other fighters for Ken."

he just gets confused lol :lol
hey, it takes a long time to master kung fu -- no time to learn names

Marjorine

I wanted to warn you guys about the coming apocalypse, as I just won three ranked matches in a row and that simply must be one of the signs.

I haven't seriously played a fighter in a loooooong time, and I haven't seriously played SF since SFII on the SNES, and this game is just fricking awesome. The game is just incredibly satisfying.

Now I just have to get my win % above 33. :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Captain N said:

Matches • 55

Wins • 5

Longest win streak • 2

:O
Someone worse than me!
Let's play! :D

Top Bottom