• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
AgentOtaku said:
So I'm don't wanna be yet ANOTHER shoto out there in SF-Land, so was wondering how Abel plays

He reminds a bit of my man Joe Higashi from FF/KoF. Is this a bit accurate or no?

Was also gonna beef up on my Sakura skills

Im clearing Arcade with him now and he has a very up close game, his fireball move is a swing that can combo 3 different ways onto a throw, he has a roll move and a hurricane kick like Kyo in KoF, plus some other sweet grappling moves, which is nice seeing how hes not slow.

Reminds me of Alex in SF III with a little of SNK sprinkled in, then again take my opinion with a grain of salt and check out the link to his guide in the OP :)

AnonymousNoob said:
Wait, so is there different fan art for the different platforms?

I don't recall seeing Spaniard's Guile/Abel art on the reverse side of my game case or blu-ray.

Its in the 360 CE, not the PS3 version. Well add the info to the OP sometime soon.

Zertez

Raging Spaniard said:
Its in the 360 CE, not the PS3 version. Well add the info to the OP sometime soon.
Im looking at your artwork now. It is a little tough to see in the green case. It looks really nice when out of the sleeve, good work and congrats.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Zapages said:
I've seen people upload their saves up on Gamefaqs all the time for other people to download and such...

SRKers have reported that you can't share gamesaves, and I'd trust them over gamefaqs, so....

Xevren

I have to say, I freaking love Guile in SF 4. I was a bit worried when everyone said he was weaker in this but I haven't had much of a problem. The only annoyance for me is its pretty obvious the flash kick's priority has been bumped down.

can someone help me out? i've decided to try viper for a little while and i've learned a few simple combos, but all of my combo starters and approaches start out with jumps and i keep getting shoryuken'd or flash kicked or canon kicked.

what's a good way to approach without compromising my defense on characters with good anti-air?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Xevren said:
I have to say, I freaking love Guile in SF 4. I was a bit worried when everyone said he was weaker in this but I haven't had much of a problem. The only annoyance for me is its pretty obvious the flash kick's priority has been bumped down.

I think hes good and under used imo.

Zertez

Im in love with Rose and Sakura. To bad my TE stick didnt come in, trying to pull some of these moves off on the 360 is beyond horrible.

MIMIC

Banned
Xevren said:

My complaints with Guile:

-Way too close to your opponent after a successful flashkick. Leaves you kinda vulnerable unless you back up

-Can't chain a combo with a flashkick. *angry face*

punkypine

i'm not sure if its been answered, but to get seth, do you have to beat arcade with just the original cast or also with the unlockd characters

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im a little surprised at all the Seth hate, Im playing Medium, 2 rounds and having NO difficulty whatsoever.

Xevren

MIMIC said:
My complaints with Guile:

-Way too close to your opponent after a successful flashkick. Leaves you kinda vulnerable unless you back up

-Can't chain a combo with a flashkick. *angry face*

You can link a crouching mp into a flashkick. I don't have any issues with the flash kick distance when it lands. I usually throw a weak sonic boom and follow up to either overhead/low or throw depending on how they act.

keanerie

Raging Spaniard said:
Im a little surprised at all the Seth hate, Im playing Medium, 2 rounds and having NO difficulty whatsoever.

I just hate that his moves hit you like ten million times and all last like half a minute, even if they don't all do a shitload of damage every time you get hit by one you're like DAMMIT FUCK YOU get off of meeeee

Dante said:
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you Seth :mad:
dragon punch the shit out of him or pile drive his ass into oblivion:lol

Raging Spaniard said:
stick or pad? my hands are destroyed right now....main reason seth was pissing me off i couldnt do anything properly but i did mamange to beat his ass after 10 tries lol....and then i did it again now im on neogaf :lol

Raging Spaniard said:

Play on hard diff and get back to me, thats what I was playing when I got all pissed

Raging Spaniard

HankScorpio said:
Play on hard diff and get back to me, thats what I was playing when I got all pissed

Ah, I was talking about the guys complaining about him on easy and easiest etc. On hard, well yeah, thats not surprising :)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Rice-Eater said:
So basically you're saying I'll never get to play as Seth and Gouken on my PS3 :-(
Not if you get your ass in gear. Chop, chop!

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
EraldoCoil said:
just sent out a bunch of adds on xbl and psn. hope to have some good matches!
Accepted. Bodom fan? :)

Anyways, I said it in the arcade stick thread, but my SE stick crapped out and now Left, UpLeft, and DownLeft don't function. I might start using my 360 pad and just try some arcade, but I probably won't be playing online until I fix it. It happened in the middle of the match too, I almost beat my opponent even with out using any left movements. :lol

I still really like Abel. Also is it pronounced Ahh-bel or Ayy-bel? The announce says Ahh-bel but M. Bison at the ending cutscene says Ayy-bel. I like Ayy-bel better.

Raging Spaniard said:
Ah, I was talking about the guys complaining about him on easy and easiest etc. On hard, well yeah, thats not surprising :)

Oh :lol
on easy or easiest, he is cheese but medium-hard to hard, is where it gets stupid. You cant even do anything lol.

Mr Jared

Ran into a couple of folks from this thread online today while I was in bed, holding in my puke and hugging my TE stick while I sweat out this crazy-ass flu I brought back from the launch party. omg ggzzzz.

Sorry that I play so ultra conservative online :lol Whenever I play shotos in any online Street Fighter, I expect them to start spamming jab shoryukens at any moment, so I just turtle up until the time is right.

NameGenerated said:
Accepted. Bodom fan? :)

Anyways, I said it in the arcade stick thread, but my SE stick crapped out and now Left, UpLeft, and DownLeft don't function. I might start using my 360 pad and just try some arcade, but I probably won't be playing online until I fix it. It happened in the middle of the match too, I almost beat my opponent even with out using any left movements. :lol

I still really like Abel. Also is it pronounced Ahh-bel or Ayy-bel? The announce says Ahh-bel but M. Bison at the ending cutscene says Ayy-bel. I like Ayy-bel better.

hell yeah bodom fan! lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Oichi said:
PS3 savedata is locked, you cannot use another player's save.

ugh -- makes me want to return the ps3 ce i just picked up, because i'm not doing all that shit twice. is there any way to download a save for the 360 version?

Idioteque

I'm enjoying this game so far, but I really suck. I have trouble beating Seth even on the easiest difficulty. It takes me like or three trys to beat him.

billy.sea

Banned
Had there been precedent where fighting game has additional characters through DLC? Or other genre of game (like RPG with new character)?

I will be so pissed if they make a brand new game with the new characters instead of DLC... (though I can totally see Capcom doing it as they are the king of milking a single game to death).

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
dfyb said:
the AI doesn't block fireballs on easiest difficulty... even seth
they jump over them though and pound me with ex moves which own my focus attacks

abel and honda also throw the shit out of me : (

RevenantKioku said:
Not if you get your ass in gear. Chop, chop!

Unless everybody can be unlocked on the easiest mode, I don't think I can do it. You can basically classify me as a "Scroto". I spent close to an hour trying to beat Seth on medium with Ken and Ryu and I couldn't do it. He lets me win the first one like he alway does, then he turns into a mother fucking beast in the 2nd and 3rd and wipes the floor with me. I'm going to call up some relatives for some help, at least I know I won't be alone.

so the only problem i have with online is that it won't ever find a game to connect to
its either full or whatnot :(

other than that, so far it's been flawless
<3 the game

dfyb

Banned
-COOLIO- said:
they jump over them though and pound me with ex moves which own my focus attacks

abel and honda also throw the shit out of me : (
not if you throw fireballs fast enough :p

the AI also likes to eat sweeps. so if they get close, trip em and back up.

Seth is only a bitch when I'm using a character I have no idea how to use, like C.Viper. I want Cammy :(

I did whoop his ass with ease once my rust wore off with Ryu/Ken.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Rice-Eater said:
Unless everybody can be unlocked on the easiest mode, I don't think I can do it. You can basically classify me as a "Scroto". I spent close to an hour trying to beat Seth on medium with Ken and Ryu and I couldn't do it. He lets me win the first one like he alway does, then he turns into a mother fucking beast in the 2nd and 3rd and wipes the floor with me. I'm going to call up some relatives for some help, at least I know I won't be alone.
1 round. Easiest Difficulty. 30 second rounds.

Linkhero1

Fuck Seth. Fuck HIM. It took me about 30-40 tries to beat him with Abel. On the other hand I was using the Xbox 360 controller. :lol

Oh, and by no means could I ever beat Eggo in any SF game, but sounds like an old man bitchin about the glory days. Eat it and modernize yourself. This game rules the planet, old man.

;)

You know I love ya man

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
-COOLIO- said:
waaaaaaaaaait
youre onto something
YES IVE TRIED HITTING THE OTHER GUY ; _;
I had trouble at first as well. This is my first fighting game in years, too. I found that they really love to fucking throw you on easiest. Or at least that was my experience. So I really had to focus on not hitting but knowing how close I had to be to hit without letting them get a chance to throw me. Zangief and Seth tossed my ass like it was payday. But after a while I got the hang of it. Still can't make it through Medium, though.

Top Bottom