• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

haunts

Bacon of Hope
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
I couldn't get anything higher than 2-3 on the server list no matter how many times I searched. The laggy games SUCK too, I got my ass handed to me by a teleporting Ken...

yeah i am playing someone less than 15 miles from me.. i Played one earlier that was so laggy it was unbearable..

Arde5643

Teknoman said:
Keep in mind he also has an EX run that can absorb two hits from non-armor breaking moves, so use this against players who hit you out of your Run.

Huh, had no idea...

:D Nice.
Yeah, Fuerte has good options to escape if he has EX meter handy.

If you're at the corner, his EX Guacamole is awesome since it has invincibility and great recovery and if the opp decides to do a shoryuken, it will actually catch them on the air.

If you're not at the corner, other than his EX Guacamole, his EX Habanero back dash is also useful since you can either run away or do a body splash/throw during your opponent's recovery after you absorbed the attack(s).

I'm still clueless on the application of the EX Habanero forward dash since the risk is pretty big.

dfyb

Banned
one 4 bar was always stopping to lag -- and sometimes after it started moving again, my character would just walk forward for a couple seconds. i was hoping it'd just drop the match, but it played out the whole way. i won, but messaged the guy afterward telling him to get a new ISP.

a tip for winning ranked matches in this early community: play defensively. these ken players will throw out DP any chance they get -- just punish them.

So do we know for sure whether spectators are getting patched in or not? I noticed when you set up a player match it says "Private Slots" even though you can only choose 1 right now.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Fought a couple of Gaffers, good stuff! Sorry I left but I need to unlock peoples, etc. Also sorry I whooped yo asses :D

NO lag for me 90% of the time btw, awesome!

Christopher said:
by the way what was the inside cover art for this game? Did anyone on GAF win that contest?

There were six winners total and my piece was one of them, you can find it in the 360 CE version of the game :)

dfyb

Banned
SwitchBladeKneegrow said:
So do we know for sure whether spectators are getting patched in or not? I noticed when you set up a player match it says "Private Slots" even though you can only choose 1 right now.
i hope so. i liked having GAF rooms in HDR.

also, i wish i could just set a minimum Bar requirement and have it auto-join me into a ranked game. i always just create my own matches and kick people with lesser ping.

ok i think im gonna pick this up...hate the 360 d pad...is there a good cheap stick? I tried the madcatz pad today and i really cant see myself paying $40+ for it

I can see where Eggo is coming from...

I got the same thing when I talked to Sirlin for my school project back in November...

When I played the game, the jumps were a bit floaty at first. They still feel that way...but the responsiveness and speed is a lot better than EX. The collision is also a lot better because they mapped the 2D hit boxes to the characters.

Not everyone is going to be pleased by every new iteration. I wasn't a big fan of Street Fighter 3 when it came out (after playing SFA2).

But just give it some time Leggo my Eggo...

You'll be owning fools with your Dhalsim in no time.

GodfatherX said:
ok i think im gonna pick this up...hate the 360 d pad...is there a good cheap stick? I tried the madcatz pad today and i really cant see myself paying $40+ for it

Buy the fightpad...just $40. Hori EX2 is $50 to $60. Madcatz Fightstick SE is $80. HRAP EX is $129. Madcatz Fighstick TE is $150.

And if you build a stick yourself...it'll still set you back more than $40.

Raging Spaniard said:
There were six winners total and my piece was one of them, you can find it in the 360 CE version of the game :)

Is there any way you or Haunts can post the artwork in the beginning of the thread...this thread grows by such leaps in bounds that it'll be hard to find.

vertopci

Netplay is fucking AWESOME. So fucking smooth and lagfree. Kudos to Capcom for the awesome netcode :D

edit: Also, I was skeptical about this game being a good fighter, but it seems my skepticism was misplased :D

Zapages

I hope Street Fighter IV: Dash/Champions Edition with Deejay and T. Hawk is not a new game...

Just please make it DLC expansion pack and call it a day with more stages and characters (include SF3 Character like Yun/Yang/Remy/Elena/Ibuki/Alex/Sean/Q/Dudley)... I'm willing to pay 20 bucks for it like an expansion pack but that's about it... Nothing more or less...

dfyb

Banned
Zapages said:
include SF3 Character like Yun/Yang/
these guys are in chun li's story. they look just like they do in 3s. fuck that 'they are too young' bullshit. everybody looks the same nomatter what. there's no real timeline.

Zapages said:
I hope Street Fighter IV: Dash/Champions Edition with Deejay and T. Hawk is not a new game...

Just please make it DLC expansion pack and call it a day with more stages and characters (include SF3 Character like Yun/Yang/Remy/Elena/Ibuki/Alex/Sean/Q/Dudley)... I'm willing to pay 20 bucks for it like an expansion pack but that's about it... Nothing more or less...

What if it is a greatest hits like Lost Planet and sold for $20 (like VF 4 Evolution)? Dee Jay, T. Hawk, two characters from three and two new characters (or a new character and a Alpha or Three character). Balance the title, add new backgrounds, change the music some...a new boss...etc.

Zapages

Spiderjericho said:
What if it is a greatest hits like Lost Planet and sold for $20 (like VF 4 Evolution)? Dee Jay, T. Hawk, two characters from three and two new characters (or a new character and a Alpha or Three character). Balance the title, add new backgrounds, change the music some...a new boss...etc.

If its 20 bucks then sure, but 60 or 80 bucks for it... I don't know... It'll have to seriously wow me like how SF IV has right now but more bring more to the table...

Agent X

dfyb said:
just got the 10 ranked wins in a row trophy (using gief) :D

AgentX (don't know your GAF name), you were the ONLY non-shoto i had played in that span :lol. you weren't bad -- i just think you weren't used to the lariat; i was able to abuse them.

It was great getting to play you online...even though I lost that match to you, it was good fun. I'm definitely not used to the lariat (seems to be a bit beefier as an anti-air), and you caught me a couple of times with the EX Spinning Piledriver as well.

So many online players out there seem to be picking Ryu or Ken. I'd estimate over half the players tonight were using one of those two. For tonight, I was mostly sticking to some of the familiar characters that I've been playing in SSF2THDR recently (E. Honda, Blanka, Balrog). I did try C. Viper and El Fuerte once each, but really didn't know what I was doing with them and got whipped...no big deal, I'm still kind of toying around at this early stage of the game.

Zapages said:
If its 20 bucks then sure, but 60 or 80 bucks for it... I don't know... It'll have to seriously wow me like how SF IV has right now but more bring more to the table...

Yeah...I don't think they can adopt that annual update model like they did in the early 90s with CE, TE and Super Turbo. Those games were essentially the same...except for background color changes, move properties being changed and the four bosses being playable. That's what got them in the dog house and made Mortal Kombat the biggest fighter (along with the popularity of the SNK MVS fighters then Tekken).

So I'm don't wanna be yet ANOTHER shoto out there in SF-Land, so was wondering how Abel plays

He reminds a bit of my man Joe Higashi from FF/KoF. Is this a bit accurate or no?

Was also gonna beef up on my Sakura skills

-PXG-

Requesting an upload of PS3 savedata with all characters unlocked please :)

I got both versions, and don't have time to unlock all the characters.....TWICE.

Zapages

Spiderjericho said:
Yeah...I don't think they can adopt that annual update model like they did in the early 90s with CE, TE and Super Turbo. Those games were essentially the same...except for background color changes, move properties being changed and the four bosses being playable. That's what got them in the dog house and made Mortal Kombat the biggest fighter (along with the popularity of the SNK MVS fighters then Tekken).

Exactly what I was trying to get at... If they are going to release it 20 bucks, please make those things a DLC as well it'll be easier for us fans to just download it instead going back and unlocking everything again as well. Urghh time, you know what I mean...

Please add me as well: I'll be hopefully playing the game next week. :)

PSN: Zapages

Captain N

I wish I could stay up and give you guys some more wins, but when I hear my cell phone ring and its my wife from the bed...I..well I'll see you guys tomorrow.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Shoto? Scroto? What in god's sweaty ballsack?

Zapages said:
Exactly what I was trying to get at... If they are going to release it 20 bucks, please make those things a DLC as well it'll be easier for us fans to just download it instead going back and unlocking everything again as well. Urghh time, you know what I mean...

This is exactly the type of game I would love to have DLC. Fuck, $20 DLC "expansion packs" would be the hell out of buying new $70 versions just to be able to keep playing online with people.

Zapages said:

is this for everyone?

Captain N said:
I wish I could stay up and give you guys some more wins, but when I hear my cell phone ring and its my wife from the bed...I..well I'll see you guys tomorrow.

running scared!

Zapages

RevenantKioku said:

Shoto = ryu, ken, akuma, sakura, gouken, Sagat the Super Shoto Chun Li to the lesser extent aka someone who wears Karate uniform, does a lot of fireballs, dragon kicks, spinning hurricane kicks.

Scrub = someone who is not good or not an expert in playing fighters or any videogame or anything for that matter...

Scroto = Scrubs + Shoto player together.

Wait, so is there different fan art for the different platforms?

I don't recall seeing Spaniard's Guile/Abel art on the reverse side of my game case or blu-ray.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
-PXG- said:
Requesting an upload of PS3 savedata with all characters unlocked please :)

I got both versions, and don't have time to unlock all the characters.....TWICE.

PS3 savedata is locked, you cannot use another player's save.

I wasn't all that hyped for SF4 but I got to try the game today at Gamestop and was blown away by how fun it was. I played a quick Ken vs. Blanka match and didn't want to leave when my buddy was done paying for his games. I think I'm going to trade in Gears2 tomorrow and pick this up.

RevenantKioku said:

This is exactly the type of game I would love to have DLC. Fuck, $20 "expansion packs" would be the hell out of buying new $70 versions just to be able to keep playing online with people.

Definitely what EA should do with their sports franchises...

Now in all honesty, I don't know what kind of work they do with each update (such as art assets, soundtrack, roster, game play)...but it doesn't seem to warrant $60 every year.

I thought it was hot when Scamco released Tekken 5 DR for PS3 for $20 (even though they charged for the online component later). It was just an upgrade to the original PStwo Tekken 5.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution was another successful upgrade. I'm surprised they haven't done the same for VF5...

DLC is cool too...as long as the price is reasonable.

If they come out with SF IV CE, Dash or whatever...are you going to charge me $20 for the game...then $20 for the costumes again...(or in this case $10).

And Haunts can you put the inner cover art on the front page...maybe wall paper or just so we can see what it looks like.

Top Bottom