• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

I beat Seth by mashing throw whenever he teleported. 8 out of 10 times he stops right next to you and if you mash throw you should either throw him or at the very least tech his throw.

ntb825

darkressurection said:
I beat Seth by mashing throw whenever he teleported. 8 out of 10 times he stops right next to you and if you mash throw you should either throw him or at the very least tech his throw.
ooooooooh, never thought about that. Thanks.

datamage

Eggo said:
Don't know what game you guys are playing, but this game stinks. I'm an old school Street Fighter player and this game is nothing like Street Fighter. The jumps are super floaty. Moves don't hit like they should. The online play is crap. I search for games and can't even get green bars (i.e., a good connection). In the lobby, it looks like all my games are max latency. When I try to join a match, it is usually full. When I create a match, nobody joins. When I finally did get into a match, it disconnected in the second round. The matchmaking in this game is terrible.

The graphics are nice. I like the little details about it like having the option for Japanese/English voiceovers and all the little unlockables. In terms of gameplay though, HD Remix shits all over this game. I'm going back to that, a game where I can get good online play.

Sucks to be you, since most fans old and new are enjoying the hell out of the game. This is SFIV, not SFII- It's not going to have the same exact feel of of SFII. I personally think Capcom did a remarkable job making SFIV play as fluid as it does while in 3D. (and it not feeling like the sf ex games)

And for all of you bitching about Ken users, I think that's who I'm going to stick to for now on. :lol

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So question, since I can get to Seth pretty easily but he usually rapes me a few times before I eventually beat him.

Do you fight Akuma/Gouken slash unlock them before fighting Seth or afterwards? If it's afterwards I'm pretty positive I'm fucked. Stupid cheap Seth.

Sallokin

henhowc said:
Its always been like that (before Sirlin changed it in HD Remix)

I honestly never knew. I didn't get into playing Cammy until HD Remix. I even own Alpha 2 and 3 and never used her.

Also wanted to add that Sakura is the fucking bomb.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ugh I hate fighting scrotos that I KNOW I can beat. They just jump around and low kick and throw out random shoryukens. I still lose....

pelicansurf said:
So question, since I can get to Seth pretty easily but he usually rapes me a few times before I eventually beat him.

Do you fight Akuma/Gouken slash unlock them before fighting Seth or afterwards? If it's afterwards I'm pretty positive I'm fucked. Stupid cheap Seth.

I'm curious to know what diff you're playing on. Seth is fucking lame.

Nakazato

pelicansurf said:

Change the game to the easiest setting,1 round and a 30 sec time limit.
thats what 1up says to do

Stabby McSter said:
sooo i was working on challenge mode with sagat, and i can't do shit :lol
i don't understand how to do a fake kick, really
Well for Ken to feint a kick you just hold the kick button instead of tapping it, maybe it is the same for Sagat?

"Ugh I hate fighting scrotos that I KNOW I can beat. They just jump around and low kick and throw out random shoryukens. I still lose...."

This post would be a good example for why the term "scroto" probably needs to be dropped. Apparently, you *can't* beat them or else you would have. I'm not sure what's up with this elitism from a lot of you but the shit is getting pretty old.

bounchfx

seth is one of the most annoying things ive had to deal with, and I'm on very easy :(

edit: this is seriously fucking ridiculous, all he does is counter everything I do and teleport and throw me every two seconds. even interrupts my specials. ugh it's just frustrating.

ON VERY EASY :(

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
NameGenerated said:
Ugh I hate fighting scrotos that I KNOW I can beat. They just jump around and low kick and throw out random shoryukens. I still lose....

Perhaps you're a scrub yourself. Ever think of that?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
HankScorpio said:
I'm curious to know what diff you're playing on. Seth is fucking lame.
I'm playing on Medium-Hard or Normal-hard w/e and I crush him in his first phase but then his fucking coked up teleport all over the world and ex shoryuken and TELEPORT AND EX GRAB ME WHEN I'M AGAINST A CORNER pretty much ruins me.

also, I am still curious to know if Akuma/Gouken are fought before or after Seth

darkressurection said:

Interesting.

Me and my friend got our asses kicked for over an hour fighting that bastard. :lol

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
bounchfx said:
seth is one of the most annoying things ive had to deal with, and I'm on very easy :(

Hard kick and throw when he teleports next to you brings him undone. He is still a cheap bastard though! :)

Sallokin

It's so nice to play a game that lives up to the massive hype I had built up for it. Everyone online has been super cool so far. Definitely a lot of excitement, hype and good will online across the board.

Darkman M

Stabby McSter said:

Yeah it's very awkward i can't even explain how i got it, just keep tapping the K button and eventually you'll find the right rythm for it....... at least once anyways.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Darkman M said:
Yeah it's very awkward i can't even explain how i got it, just keep tapping the K button and eventually you'll find the right rythm for it....... at least once anyways.
I busted out the turbo and he did it immediately. :lol

No matter how fast I tapped it myself he wouldn't do it.

Oichi said:
Perhaps you're a scrub yourself. Ever think of that?

I am.

mr stroke

where do I see my WIN/LOSS in online mode? I see the battle points and wins, but is there a way to see my wins/losses and my opponents?

MrDenny

Is this costume unlockable in the game, or is it DLC?
uts7q.jpg

MeriStation_SFIV_73.jpg

careksims

Okay I'm doing Sakura's Challenge and it tells me to do a Medium Punch and then a Hadoken. When I do the Punch, the next part lights up just for a split second. Do I have to do one after the other very very quickly? Every time I do the hadoken, it's a split-second later. X_x I don't get what it wants me to do.

Teknoman

Expert help:

When playing as El Fuerte, whats the best way to attempt to take down someone who spams high and low tiger shots all day? Same for people who hurricane kick all over the screen? Just aggressive rush, or be patient?

Always been like that in fighting games :lol loose against people who spam attacks and win against people who fight "normally".

Ryu

People play fighting games at first with who they're most familiar with. Ryu and Ken are staples of SF and people are most familiar with them so seeing 3 million shoto players is to be expected. Why anyone thought they'd be fighting a deluge of C Viper's or Abel's is beyond me. Just stop complaining about it. Game has barely been out for 12 hours for most people.

Don't know what game you guys are playing, but this game stinks. I'm an old school Street Fighter player and this game is nothing like Street Fighter. The jumps are super floaty. Moves don't hit like they should. The online play is crap. I search for games and can't even get green bars (i.e., a good connection). In the lobby, it looks like all my games are max latency. When I try to join a match, it is usually full. When I create a match, nobody joins. When I finally did get into a match, it disconnected in the second round. The matchmaking in this game is terrible.

I don't know what to say to this. It's not SF2, it's not SF3, it's not CvsS2, it's not MvsC2, it's SF4. It's a new game. Treat it as such. As for the online play, I've had the same experience with disconnects and general connection issues, but the game has been out for a day for most people and more tomorrow. I'm betting it will improve. Give it some time.

Xabora

careksims said:
Okay I'm doing Sakura's Challenge and it tells me to do a Medium Punch and then a Hadoken. When I do the Punch, the next part lights up just for a split second. Do I have to do one after the other very very quickly? Every time I do the hadoken, it's a split-second later. X_x I don't get what it wants me to do.
Press+Hold Punch follow thru that with QcF and release Punch.

Turk

bounchfx said:

edit: this is seriously fucking ridiculous, all he does is counter everything I do and teleport and throw me every two seconds. even interrupts my specials. ugh it's just frustrating.

ON VERY EASY :(

set matches to one round and round time to 30 seconds, rope a dope seth is much easier to deal with on an unlock playthrough

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Interesting.

Me and my friend got our asses kicked for over an hour fighting that bastard. :lol

Same here, I'm pretty goood so I must be missing something :lol

I must have died like 20 times lol

Fantasmo

Picked up 2 controllers and the PS3 version tonight.

Been a hardcore SF player since SF2 so I gotta shoot from the hip here...

Graphics? Awesome!
Gameplay? Awesome!
Sound design? Terrible!
Voices? Are you serious? (announcer play by play, Ken's hurricane kick, etc etc etc)
Music? Horrendous!
No custom soundtracks? In this particular case.... uuuuugh...

I never would have imagined that any game's sound would totally ruin it for me, but there it is.

Granted, there are great tracks, but only in Rival Fights, which I can't choose in Vs. mode.

Capcom, what were you thinking?

I REALLY hope they add custom soundtracks in a patch.

Hell, I'd pay good money for it.

Captain N

I NEED HELP!

I'm in the middle of doing trials for El Fuerte and am on the last one in Trials 3..I can't seem to pull the move off fast enough! Any videos? I am doing it as fast as I can here!

bounchfx

took long enough.. finally got lucky with ken. hate the idea of having to change characters to beat him though.

fuck seth, seriously. any boss where every move stuns or impairs your movement is NOT fun to play against.

Spruchy

Some how to beat "scroto" (I disagree with the term but it seems cool to drop this like making Bale remixes) tips:

-Almost never try to get them after a knock down they almost always answer with an armor breaking shoryuken, better off blocking and punishing.
-Speaking of blocking and punishing it seems thats the best way to take out most online shoto's. Especially when they spam heavy special moves.
-For Ryu's ultra try to jump over it if you're a decent distance away because it does a shitload of chip damage, Ken's ultra on the other hand is pretty lame so just dont be stupid when they have a full revenge bar (it's also super punishable if it whiffs).
-If you're having ALOT of trouble might want to make sure the character you use has a projectile since a lot of people online are hadoken spamming nonstop. Make use of that $150 stick and show em who can QCF faster (EX usually catches them off guard too).

Im by no means a pro but ive been fighting them all day with relative ease. They really arent that bad to fight (fun to play too) and you cant blame so many people picking them especially on day one.

Teknoman

junkster said:
Picked up 2 controllers and the PS3 version tonight.

Been a hardcore SF player since SF2 so I gotta shoot from the hip here...

Graphics? Awesome!
Gameplay? Awesome!
Sound design? Terrible!
Voices? Are you serious? (announcer play by play, Ken's hurricane kick, etc etc etc)
Music? Horrendous!
No custom soundtracks? In this particular case.... uuuuugh...

I never would have imagined that any game's sound would totally ruin it for me, but there it is.

Granted, there are great tracks, but only in Rival Fights, which I can't choose in Vs. mode.

Capcom, what were you thinking?

I REALLY hope they add custom soundtracks in a patch.

Hell, I'd pay good money for it.

Switch all to JP if it bothers you that much...but the announcer kicks ass. Soundtrack is catchy too (not even the Snowy rail yard, Volcano Rim, or Diner sound ok?)

Stabby McSter said:
I am also stuck on that. I cant even beat it on medium. damn i suck! Iver never really used a stick before, im using my soul calibur one. its just so frustrating that in training i can pull off my moves whenever, but when theres a tad bit of stress in arcade mode, i cant seem to pull off stuff exactly when i want.

Jaruru

Alllll challengers during my arcade mode were Ken/Ryu. 100% of them and they kept me from finishing my arcade. -_-

anyways, the training/challenge mode is harder than I thought. I wish they have some demo/autoplay to show you how to activate certain moves.

Teknoman

Spruchy said:
Some how to beat "scroto" (I disagree with the term but it seems cool to drop this like making Bale remixes) tips:

-Almost never try to get them after a knock down they almost always answer with an armor breaking shoryuken, better off blocking and punishing.
-Speaking of blocking and punishing it seems thats the best way to take out most online shoto's. Especially when they spam heavy special moves.
-For Ryu's ultra try to jump over it if you're a decent distance away because it does a shitload of chip damage, Ken's ultra on the other hand is pretty lame so just dont be stupid when they have a full revenge bar (it's also super punishable if it whiffs).
-If you're having ALOT of trouble might want to make sure the character you use has a projectile since a lot of people online are hadoken spamming nonstop. Make use of that $150 stick and show em who can QCF faster (EX usually catches them off guard too).

Im by no means a pro but ive been fighting them all day with relative ease. They really arent that bad to fight (fun to play too) and you cant blame so many people picking them especially on day one.

lol playing this way and having half success...but my most of my losses probably should be attributed to the fact that im trying to play with a slight headache. Probably should just go to bed:lol

Spruchy said:

E. Honda is the Anti-Scroto.

bumpkin

AZ Greg said:
Any east coasters going to hit up Wal-Mart at midnight? Keep us posted on how it goes!
I just tried mine -- Concord, NH -- and they didn't have it yet. Bastards. Looks like it's a lunch-time run to GameStop to get my preordered copy tomorrow. Better than nothing, I guess.

Top Bottom