• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Lumine

I gotta admit I'm one of those "scroto" players, but I'm really starting to like Abel. I might switch to him as my "main." :)

I finished Arcade Mode on Normal/Default settings last night. It was a lot of fun, but I doubt I can go through that for every single character. :p

So do people just put it on easiest and 1 round to unlock everything quickly?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Lumine said:
So do people just put it on easiest and 1 round to unlock everything quickly?
Yea, I was trying to be cool and play 2 rounds with INF time on medium-hard but it took so long. With 1 round and 30 seconds I pretty much unlocked everything effortlessly in just a few hours. I'm working on unlocking seth but you can pretty much unlock all the other chars in like an hour or two if you don't mess up(Not getting enough perfects/Ultras/dying).

Ashhong

wow i just discovered focus attacks. playing against a sagat online, did some focus attack counter, he droped to his knees in front of me and laid an ultra hadoken on him. omgggg i literally yelled out "kneel bitch!" :lol

Arde5643

akachan ningen said:
fucking hard sex, like humping a rock. it took me forever to do that in challenge mode.
Seeing someone do it in the arcades is literally full of win though - you can hear the people around you just go nuts when they see that combo. :D

Of course, landing a Fuerte ultra at the last moments for the win is also pretty epic - I've never done it myself, but ohhh how I would love to do so. :lol

senahorse

Game is so great, best console SF since SFII Hyper Fighting on the snes imo. Also I played a bunch of randoms online and never once noticed any lag, it seems that Capcom have done well with the netcode. I realised something though, being that I have only just started using a stick, I truly, truly suck at this game, but never had so much fun getting a constant ass whooping :lol

I just installed the game on my PS3 and WHOA it made a HUGE difference for me :O Also, the D-pad on the DS3 works well but I really hate the placement of the SP and SK, this is the first game that has made me hate the triggers on this controller. Good thing I will be switching to my TE stick tomorrow though :D

Ashhong

Ryder said:
Challenge mode is my life. Just completed Ryu's combos, that last one was an effing doozy. Now working on Abel!

im just getting into this, but how are u supposed to link combos? i cant even do a simple high punch into a hadoken...

Mister Chef said:
I just installed the game on my PS3 and WHOA it made a HUGE difference for me :O Also, the D-pad on the DS3 works well but I really hate the placement of the SP and SK, this is the first game that has made me hate the triggers on this controller. Good thing I will be switching to my TE stick tomorrow though :D

wait theres an install option? O_O god yes. it takes forever to load a match..

stupid Gamestop SOLD my pre-order of the Collectors Edition to someone else today. They gave me a regular edition for now, then i can just return it for the CE tommorow.

this is the same Gamestop that fucked up my pre-order for the TE stick as well.

oh well, got 6 hours gameplay straight today and receiving my HRAP3 EX tommorow :D
I havent had this much fun in a fighting game in a looooong time

akachan ningen said:
Yeah. I thought I'd have to find 5 bar matches to be smooth, but anything over 2 bars is smooth. Even no bar matches are playable.

Iono, I had a shitty party with my friend but it always seem o be him with any game. I played with you like 5-6 times? We didn't experience any lag at all, sometimes i played with someone with 3 bars and it was bad, then some guy with no bars joined mine and it worked fine lol.

Ashhong said:
wait theres an install option? O_O god yes. it takes forever to load a match..

yep but it really doesn't take forever to loan a match :D, i just did it cause the option was there.

Ashhong

Giant Robot said:
stupid Gamestop SOLD my pre-order of the Collectors Edition to someone else today. They gave me a regular edition for now, then i can just return it for the CE tommorow.

this is the same Gamestop that fucked up my pre-order for the TE stick as well.

oh well, got 6 hours gameplay straight today and receiving my HRAP3 EX tommorow :D
I havent had this much fun in a fighting game in a looooong time

gamestop did not receive their full shipment today. someone else with a CE preorder came before you therefore deserves it more than you. or, they know they received extra CE so were selling out anything they got today. the game is technically not out in gamestops eyes until tomorrow, so stop complaining you didnt get it early.

HankScorpio said:
yep but it really doesn't take forever to loan a match :D, i just did it cause the option was there.

i honestly felt that it was taking way too long. i was sitting there just staring..maybe im too used to playing HD

Ashhong said:
gamestop did not receive their full shipment today. someone else with a CE preorder came before you therefore deserves it more than you. or, they know they received extra CE so were selling out anything they got today. the game is technically not out in gamestops eyes until tomorrow, so stop complaining you didnt get it early.

the fucked up part is they called me, not Ashely/Aeris, to come down and pick it up. Oh well, got the game and spent a lot of time with it. I'll get my CE tommorow. Confident they wont release MY pre-order.

After 14 hours of playing this game, it's time for a break. I really didn't stop playing today. I ate while I played and took very quick potty breaks. Had some people over too earlier to play.

I learned a lot today and I'm finally able to dabble in this game and figure stuff out. I have pages of notes for matchups and questions brought up during matches that I gotta look into later. Sleep time.

Ashhong

Giant Robot said:
the fucked up part is they called me, not Ashely/Aeris, to come down and pick it up. Oh well, got the game and spent a lot of time with it. I'll get my CE tommorow. Confident they wont release MY pre-order.

the thing is they probably called every preorder. the thing with early shipments is that they sell through the stock to preorders and walk ins because they know more will come in tomorrow, the correct date. rest assured they should have ur CE tomorrow. if they dont, THEN you can bitch at them.

:lol I forgot to mention the funniest thing. When I went to pick up SF4, the ugly broad who works at GS was wearing the sf4 headband around her neck like Makoto. :lol

Jackson

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Street Fighter 4 2009 Arcade Tier Rankings
You'll find a chart below showing roughly who would win how many games out of 10 if two high-level players of equal skill played against each other using the characters shown.

For example, M. Bison (Dictator) would win 6 games out of 10 against Crimson Viper. And Sagat would win 7 games out of 10 against Zangief.
Code:
       Sagat	Ryu	Zang.	Balr.	Bison	Akuma	Chun	Blan.	Rufus	Viper	Ken	Dhal.	Abel	Guile	Honda	Fuerte	Vega	Wins
Sagat	-	5	7	6	6	5	6	6	7	6	6	5	6	7	7	6	7	98
Ryu	5	-	5	5	5	5	5	5	6	6	6	5	6	6	6	6	6	88
Zang.	3	5	-	5	6	5	5	4	6	6	6	6	7	5	5	6	6	86
Balr.	4	5	5	-	5	6	4	7	5	5	5	6	5	5	5	6	6	84
Bison	4	5	4	5	-	5	5	6	6	6	6	5	6	4	5	6	6	84
Akuma	5	5	5	4	5	-	6	4	5	5	6	5	6	6	5	6	6	84
Chun	4	5	5	6	5	4	-	5	4	4	5	6	6	6	6	6	6	83
Blan.	4	5	6	3	4	6	5	-	5	5	6	5	5	6	5	6	6	82
Rufus	3	4	4	5	4	5	6	5	-	6	5	6	5	6	6	6	6	82
Viper	4	4	4	5	4	5	6	5	4	-	5	6	5	6	3	6	6	78
Ken	4	4	4	5	4	4	5	4	5	5	-	5	5	5	6	6	6	77
Dhal.	5	5	4	4	5	5	4	5	4	4	5	-	5	6	6	4	5	76
Abel	4	4	3	5	4	4	4	5	5	5	5	5	-	5	6	5	6	75
Guile	3	4	5	5	6	4	4	4	4	4	5	4	5	-	6	6	5	74
Honda	3	4	5	5	5	5	4	5	4	7	4	4	4	4	-	5	5	73
Fuerte	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	6	5	4	5	-	5	69
Vega	3	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	5	4	5	5	5	-	67

Not sure if it's been posted already. I personally don't take much stock in Tier listings and play who I want to play
Sagat

Ashhong

akachan ningen said:
:lol I forgot to mention the funniest thing. When I went to pick up SF4, the ugly broad who works at GS was wearing the sf4 headband around her neck like Makoto. :lol

:lol dont laugh too hard, she might have been forced to. everyone in my gamestop had to wear it like ryu up until today for like a week.

ryu only wins about half the time against everybody, is that good?

Jackson said:
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

Street Fighter 4 2009 Arcade Tier Rankings
Code:
       Sagat	Ryu	Zang.	Balr.	Bison	Akuma	Chun	Blan.	Rufus	Viper	Ken	Dhal.	Abel	Guile	Honda	Fuerte	Vega	Wins
Sagat	-	5	7	6	6	5	6	6	7	6	6	5	6	7	7	6	7	98
Ryu	5	-	5	5	5	5	5	5	6	6	6	5	6	6	6	6	6	88
Zang.	3	5	-	5	6	5	5	4	6	6	6	6	7	5	5	6	6	86
Balr.	4	5	5	-	5	6	4	7	5	5	5	6	5	5	5	6	6	84
Bison	4	5	4	5	-	5	5	6	6	6	6	5	6	4	5	6	6	84
Akuma	5	5	5	4	5	-	6	4	5	5	6	5	6	6	5	6	6	84
Chun	4	5	5	6	5	4	-	5	4	4	5	6	6	6	6	6	6	83
Blan.	4	5	6	3	4	6	5	-	5	5	6	5	5	6	5	6	6	82
Rufus	3	4	4	5	4	5	6	5	-	6	5	6	5	6	6	6	6	82
Viper	4	4	4	5	4	5	6	5	4	-	5	6	5	6	3	6	6	78
Ken	4	4	4	5	4	4	5	4	5	5	-	5	5	5	6	6	6	77
Dhal.	5	5	4	4	5	5	4	5	4	4	5	-	5	6	6	4	5	76
Abel	4	4	3	5	4	4	4	5	5	5	5	5	-	5	6	5	6	75
Guile	3	4	5	5	6	4	4	4	4	4	5	4	5	-	6	6	5	74
Honda	3	4	5	5	5	5	4	5	4	7	4	4	4	4	-	5	5	73
Fuerte	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	6	5	4	5	-	5	69
Vega	3	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	4	5	4	5	5	5	-	67

Not sure if it's been posted already. I personally don't take much stock in Tier listings and play who I want to play
Sagat

I hate it.

Caj814

Any fellow insomniacs on atm on XBL?Been looking for some games where I don't get kicked out of the rooms for beating someones Ryu or Ken with a Random :lol

Flek

Banned
i dont have the game so exuse my question BUT is there a "spectator mode" where you could watch 2 peoble fighting agains each other online?

I would love this for tournaments etc.

Ploid 3.0

Flek said:
i dont have the game so exuse my question BUT is there a "spectator mode" where you could watch 2 peoble fighting agains each other online?

2 people in a room only. No spectator.

Darkman M

Flek said:

They are suppose to be releasing championship mode soon, i imagine that will bring spectator mode.

Lumine

Christ, do not turn on online player matches for arcade when you're actually trying to finish it. You'll be pulled out of arcade every 30 secs even when you're about to do give the killing blow to Seth. :(

GalacticAE said:
After 14 hours of playing this game, it's time for a break. I really didn't stop playing today. I ate while I played and took very quick potty breaks. Had some people over too earlier to play.

I learned a lot today and I'm finally able to dabble in this game and figure stuff out. I have pages of notes for matchups and questions brought up during matches that I gotta look into later. Sleep time.

10 hours flat for me. Took the day off from work and it was so worth it.

today I got 65 wins out of 87 matches, 75%. And my longest streak was 10 on ranked. 1500 bp. I'm playing on a fighting stick 3 btw.

Darkman M

akachan ningen said:
10 hours flat for me. Took the day off from work and it was so worth it.

today I got 65 wins out of 87 matches, 75%. And my longest streak was 10 on ranked. 1500 bp. I'm playing on a fighting stick 3 btw.

Who do you main?

Darkman M

akachan ningen said:
On ranked I split my matches evenly between viper, rufus, and abel. I guess I don't have a main yet.

Nice, combo i lke viper but it seems like it would take forever to get decent with her, but i imagine playing a good viper player is a bitch.

Sidzed2

Mods, can we get a thread title change to "The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of IN-DE-STRUCTIBLE!"

I do think it might be warranted.

Darkman M said:
Nice, combo i lke viper but it seems like it would take forever to get decent with her, but i imagine playing a good viper player is a bitch.

I just went through her normal trials and played arcade mode once. After that I just started winning :lol But it mostly just because of all the Kens and their random DPs that are so easy to punish. I swear it was 60 percent ken, 35 percent ryu today.

Barrett2

Flek said:
hey guys tell me if you arent thaaat mouch into fighting games (i mean ive played some like VF5, SC 3, Tekken DR etc. etc.). Should i buy a fighting pad or even stick or is it ok to play with a normal dualshock ?

cheers!

I haven't played many fighting games the last few years, and I am definitely glad I bought a fight pad. It just feels so much more smooth and easy pulling off special moves. I tried using the Dual Shock for a bit yesterday, and it was frustrating. IMO you absolutely need a fight pad or joystick for this game.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i swear the more i play this game the sloppier my execution gets -- i generally like its lenience, but i've already picked up nasty habits like mashing for reversals and combos, and now i find myself missing ultras when i need them and accidentally getting dragon punches when i want fireballs. i need to go back to hd remix for a bit and relearn some JOYSTICK DISCIPLINE

liking the game a lot, though online is a bit of a mess right now. searching for a game takes so long that ranked matches are boring, and a lot of the folks in player matches don't seem to have played a street fighter game before. most of the good fights i've had have been gafers -- had some good games with c- warrior and cps2 tonight. the moral is CULTIVATE THY FRIENDS LIST if you want to enjoy this online

incidentally i hit my first two srk -> fadc -> ultras! both against random dudes who play like steven totilo or soulja boy! they both promptly kicked me!

Ashhong

regarding the trials, are we supposed to FADC like every combo? i cant do a simple medium kick into vipers thunder knucke...

r4z4

Shopto and Gameshark delivered the game and pad (PS3) to my home this morning :D This is going to be a looong day at work!

CPS2

drohne said:
i swear the more i play this game the sloppier my execution gets -- i generally like its lenience, but i've already picked up nasty habits like mashing for reversals and combos, and now i find myself missing ultras when i need them and accidentally getting dragon punches when i want fireballs. i need to go back to hd remix for a bit and relearn some JOYSTICK DISCIPLINE

liking the game a lot, though online is a bit of a mess right now. searching for a game takes so long that ranked matches are boring, and a lot of the folks in player matches don't seem to have played a street fighter game before. most of the good fights i've had have been gafers -- had some good games with c- warrior and cps2 tonight. the moral is CULTIVATE THY FRIENDS LIST if you want to enjoy this online

incidentally i hit my first two srk -> fadc -> ultras! both against random dudes who play like steven totilo or soulja boy! they both promptly kicked me!

I was playing pretty shithouse tonight =/ Couldn't judge the range of your flash kicks and jumped into a million of them, which is something I normally don't do.

You know I played a dude in Perth earlier, and it was such a laggy game, but for some reason a match vs you from Sydney to LA was way better, I couldn't even tell if there was input lag.

Anyways I'll be up for more matches soon!

Top Bottom