• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Shig said:
I think you need to consider the possibility that your Gamestop is the exception to the rule, not the other way around. Gamestops have tried that crap on me many times.
I guess the one I went to last night must be an exception too.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
bdizzle said:
you use it to make combos longer (among other things). here's an simple example with ryu.

3 hit combo
j fk, cr. mk, hadoken

3 hit combo w/ FADC
j fk, cr. mk, hadoken, FADC, shoryuken

j fk, cr. mk, hadoken, FADC, cr. mk, hadoken

j fk, cr. mk, hadoken, FADC, cr. fp, shoryken, FADC, ultra

j fk, cr. mk, hadoken, FADC, f. fp, cr. fp, shoryken, FADC, ultra

it's very versatile and in the right hands it's fucking deadly.
Wait wait wait...so this thing doesn't just cancel you out of a super move, but it can be used to animation cancel?

Meaning that the reason you can hadouken into a shoryuken is that you animation cancel after the fireball is released and follow it up with a shoryuken?

...what's nuts if that's the case.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Shig said:
I think you need to consider the possibility that your Gamestop is the exception to the rule, not the other way around. Gamestops have tried that crap on me many times.

That works for me. :lol Sadly, since my GameStop is tiny, my TE stick preorder won't show up for an eternity. Oh well.

PhatSaqs

Banned
WaltJay said:
Thanks for the tip; I'm going to try that tonight. I was wondering how people were getting so many battlepoints and the game just came out. I think the guy #1 on the leaderboard was 4+ million BPs. :lol
Is that on PS3? :lol
Matches are really intense around the 2K BP level on 360.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
UPS shows my copy is out for delivery; should be about one hour before the truck is here ! !

Off to the shower and to get ready; the whole household is about to explode into Street Fighter frenzy.

I was $10 away from getting a 360 CE on Tuesday in Toronto. The Eb Games that i went to had the games unpacked and counted in 10 minutes after the shipment came in and they were willing to cell all the extra copies of CE/Regular games that they had.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, this thread blew up big time while I was gone - nice...

WaltJay said:
Thanks for the tip; I'm going to try that tonight. I was wondering how people were getting so many battlepoints and the game just came out. I think the guy #1 on the leaderboard was 4+ million BPs. :lol

You're mixing up Arcade Points with Battle (Online) points there...

Ronabo

I got all the match wins in a row achievements. I used Zangief. He's a beast in this game. I pretty much faced nothing much but Shoto's and one dude almost broke my 10 wins streak with his Boxer.

I have all the characters unlocked. I'm gonna work on getting the colors and taunts unlocked next.

The game is awesome.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
bah321 said:
Worst thing i see is that people are spamming specials over and over and over....learn basic moves first and how to counter with throws. Also stick with one character and master him/her then move to the next. It doesnt take long to be decent but takes forever to be great.

That's me lol.

I got the 100 special moves achievement in like 15 minutes.

I really like C. Viper though. Too bad they made her fat but she's an awesome character.

I just need to get the regular moves done I think I got good control of the specials.

The SFIV game pad works beautifully with this game, good job markman!

edit---what's the best sf4 premium theme?

Before I got the game I really wanted to get good with Crimson Viper, and I messed with her for about 3 hours last night between arcade, training and online but I just kept getting my ass kicked. She seems like she could be awesome in the right hands, but I'm just not good enough.

I've never really liked any of the SF2 cast except for Ken, and I refused to be another shoto fighting online, so I moved to Rufus next. I started out pretty rough but before I quit I was winning about every other match. I still don't have him figured out completely, but I think I'm going to stick with him awhile. He's really fun to play and ultra is very easy to combo into. Projectiles give me problems though...

Nightz

I'm in love with this game. I hate Seth. Now I just need to unlock Akuma, Gouken and Seth in the 360 version. I like using Dan. When he wears his second outfit and does his Ultra, it looks like a Dragon Ball Z game. :lol

I tried some online yesterday as well. Connection was pretty flawless. I tried going scroto at first and got destroyed 5 matches in a row. Then I switched to Honda and went on a streak. <3 Honda. I really wish they would patch in a lobby system. There were 5 of us in a party last night, and trying to organize who fights who was a pain in the butt.

I tried the PS3 version as well, but I really can't play with only 4 face buttons on the controller. I'll just wait for my Saturn pads to arrive. They came yesterday, but the stupid mailman didn't leave the package at the door. :(

I find that I need some serious adjustment and getting used to to the differences in SF4 when comparaed to Super Turbo.

I now understand why everyone picks Ryu and Ken, they play the closest to 3rd Strike's feel and don't take too much time getting ajusted to

while Bison and Honda seriously need time of getting refamilairzed because this is NOT Super Turbo and you can't play Honda and Bison the same why you did in Super Turbo.

I will reajust but it will take practice.

and I now unerstand why Zangief has gone up to the top, I tried him and he is insane and beastly.

LOL

I find Chun-Li to be one of the worst characters in the game, but that is me.

now, back to training

rhino4evr

ok, what the hell is a "shoto" someone that uses Ken, Ryu, and Akuma over and over?

Out of the 7 matches i played last night only 1 person played someone that couldn't shoot a fireball.

ElyrionX

I'm trying to main Chun Li and I am the world's worst fighter gamer. Any tips?

Also, I just can't do the back-front-back-front motion (for her super) on the d-pad and the DS3's shitty trigger is pissing me the fuck off.

jonah777

ChrisGoldstein said:
That's me lol.

I got the 100 special moves achievement in like 15 minutes.

I really like C. Viper though. Too bad they made her fat but she's an awesome character.

I just need to get the regular moves done I think I got good control of the specials.

The SFIV game pad works beautifully with this game, good job markman!

edit---what's the best sf4 premium theme?

?? Is this some SF lingo I'm not privy to or what?

I must have spent 3 hours in the trial mode with Rufus last night. I still only cleared his first two trials. The last one on the third trial is a bitch. It does not help that I think my joystick needs a new spring since after the first couple hours all my double motions for supers ended up performing dragon punches. I might pick up one of the madcatz pads just to get me by till my new parts come in.

ZeroCypher said:
Best Buy has the game but they told me they wouldn't release it until 2pm

Anyone watch the anime that came with the CE yet? Is it any good?

that is just some lazy employees who don't want to do too much work getting info for you or going in the backroom to get your item for you.

Best Buy foot soldiers who get lazy always do this, you always need to by pass them and go for a manager to get and item if it is in the store

AndresON777

shooting blanks
jonah777 said:
?? Is this some SF lingo I'm not privy to or what?

she's got mom hips unfortunately.

But yeah I think if you could just learn how to play her she could be awesome.

her specials are the shit and her revenge move is beastly

god I love this game I cant wait to get home and play again, it's so intense

RubxQub

Gouken seems like a monster, and his EX fireball basically makes me you either FA it or perfectly time a jump evade.

As I mentioned before, I'm shooting to main Fei Long as his ultra looks so freaking awesome to me, and he's not someone people are really used to playing against.

Just need to read me some SRK now that I'm getting into SF again :lol

Wow, so I went to 7-11 to get a juice and a donut for breakfast, and behind the counter was MOTHERFUCKING SFIV for PS3.

Best breakfast EVER :lol

So I'm cutting class tonight after work to play the shit out of this game. <3

RubxQub

jonah777 said:
C. Viper: MILF Confirmed
I may or may not have fapped to some Rule34 of Ms. Viper this AM...

May...or may not have...

Is not playing with a mic really that offensive?

I played a few matches online last night, and no less than 3 people complained that I wasn't using a mic.

I HATE using a mic during non-tactical online play, and I doubt they want to hear me swearing up a storm every time they connect.

What say you, GAF?

rhino4evr said:
ok, what the hell is a "shoto" someone that uses Ken, Ryu, and Akuma over and over?

Out of the 7 matches i played last night only 1 person played someone that couldn't shoot a fireball.

Those characters (as well as others) all practice shotokan karate (or are said to). So when people refer to 'shotos' they are referring to fireball/shoryuken characters.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OGB said:

I played a few matches online last night, and no less than 3 people complained that I wasn't using a mic.

I HATE using a mic during non-tactical online play, and I doubt they want to hear me swearing up a storm every time they connect.

What say you, GAF?

mic for a fighting game with randoms? no thanks.

Jirotrom

ChrisGoldstein said:

you'reout of your mind, kids these days and what they think is fat...

Anywho guys, this game is selling extremely well, sold through 62 copies at my friends store before the evening even came :)

Does anyone know what are the requirements for the Unbeatable Fist: Ruler of All achievement are? It's the platinum trophy on PS3.

Also, is there any way to dig down and find out what specific titles and icons mean or were awarded for. Some of them are pretty interesting sounding, but I can only guess what they mean. I got one called "Once in a liftetime," and it seems like one that might have a good backstory.

PhatSaqs

Banned
OGB said:

What say you, GAF?
I never use a mic in fighting games. What the hell is anyone expecting to hear other than the sound of buttons being smacked and a laugh or two.

Speaking of laughter, I almost cried in laughter after catching A_Rivals Seth with an Ultra Demon. That shit did about 90% :lol.

I then burst into real tears after him spanking my ass again for about the 10th time. Certainly dont want anyone to hear that :p

ShinAmano

ChrisGoldstein said:

So you would prefer a bone thin heroin chick instead? Women need curves!

RubxQub

Mics certainly aren't needed for this game, but are fun when you find someone who has one that enjoys the game and doesn't take it too seriously.

I love it when I get another mic user and the two of us are going nuts when either of us does something awesome.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
OGB said:

What say you, GAF?

What's your gamertag are you playing on 360? add me dude I hate talking too, I dont see the point I already have enough friends ...plus I cant talk and play good at the same time lol

I dont see anything wrong with 'woman hips' but capcom usually makes their female characters flawless is all. Look at all previous capcom games, hell look at shiva and all the chicks in dmc4, lost planet, etc

RubxQub said:
Wait wait wait...so this thing doesn't just cancel you out of a super move, but it can be used to animation cancel?

Meaning that the reason you can hadouken into a shoryuken is that you animation cancel after the fireball is released and follow it up with a shoryuken?

...what's nuts if that's the case.

Yeah, it cancels the animation so you can do another move. it works with some normal moves as well (usually fp/fk). you can also use it defensively. if you do a dragon punch and it's blocked, usually you'll get swept, hadoken'd something. but if you see it's going to be blocked you can fadc backwards so you don't get hit. or you can fadc after the block, and throw, or start another combo, or ultra/super, etc. it's extremely versatile.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
ShinAmano said:
So you would prefer a bone thin heroin chick instead? Women need curves!
I think Viper looks fine personally, but Sakura looks a little too beefy imo. Sakura shouldn't have Chun Li legs.

Talamius

I don't have my mic plugged in at all. If the person I'm playing has one, I mute them immediately.

Feel free to swear as much as you want, I won't hear you. :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I like thick girls, Sakura is the hottest imo...C viper just doesnt seem to proportional from the stomach down, nice rack though for sure.

Damn I havnt seen a thread move this fast since poligaf during the elections.

mYm|17|

anybody find teh challenge mode a wee bit difficult at some parts. I am using the 360 pad for now, until I get my TE stick though.

Top Bottom