• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Barrett2

Shig said:
I think Viper looks fine personally, but Sakura looks a little too beefy imo. Sakura shouldn't have Chun Li legs.

My wife commented last night that Chun Li's legs looked "ridiculous" and "disgusting." :lol

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Shig said:
I think Viper looks fine personally, but Sakura looks a little too beefy imo. Sakura shouldn't have Chun Li legs.
I love how Sakura's celebration animation was specificially made to almost get an upshirt when she jumps as well as flashing her panties like 24/7.

Talk about fan service :lol

Evlar said:
The shotos would be Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sagat, Sakura, and Gouken, correct?

Dan.

lawblob said:
My wife commented last night that Chun Li's legs looked "ridiculous" and "disgusting." :lol

My friend and his GF were over and my friend insisted that I play HDR. His girlfriend made similar comments about Chun.

Mamesj

Banned
lawblob said:

They are! but I can't stop staring at them :lol

C.Viper has the best midriff I've seen. I love the "very slight belly" look.

Proc

I just played a few matches over xbl. The lag was consitantly bad and the act of going in and out of matches is sluggish (room is full, find another). I couldn't get into a game that didn't have red latency. So far I'm really disappointed with the online portion of this game. It seemed as though the first rounds were a laggy mess, and then the second rounds would result in a playable game. Bah.

I really want to play more Street Fighter, but it's going to be another 8 hours before I get home. Ah well, such is life.

And on Viper, I think it's her stance that makes her look odd.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
*throws in two cents*

C.Viper is tight....from the neck down. Well, okay. From the forehead down. The hair is just...too WTF for me.

Wallach

lawblob said:

I kind of agree with her. She looks like she's been injecting cattle growth hormones directly into her thighs this time around. Do not want.

RubxQub

Proc said:
I just played a few matches over xbl. The lag was consitantly bad and the act of going in and out of matches is sluggish (room is full, find another). I couldn't get into a game that didn't have red latency. So far I'm really disappointed with the online portion of this game. It seemed as though the first rounds were a laggy mess, and then the second rounds would result in a playable game. Bah.
It's not the game, it's you!

Well...I had maybe 1 problem last night out of dozens of online matches, so yeah, I'd say it's more your issue than the games.

ShinAmano

crowphoenix said:
I really want to play more Street Fighter, but it's going to be another 8 hours before I get home. Ah well, such is life.

And on Viper, I think it's her stance that makes her look odd.
the only two 'odd looking characters in the game to me are Blanka and Honda...everyone else looks good...Kens hair is iffy.

rhino4evr

for those having problems with online. Try playing Arcade with interuptions On. I was in a new fight within 30 seconds of ending one. Never waitied to play ever. Never had any online lag.

Barrett2

Kintaro said:
*throws in two cents*

C.Viper is tight....from the neck down. Well, okay. From the forehead down. The hair is just...too WTF for me.

I like Viper aside from her Lost Odyssey dude hair.

OGB said:
Is not playing with a mic really that offensive?

I played a few matches online last night, and no less than 3 people complained that I wasn't using a mic.

I HATE using a mic during non-tactical online play, and I doubt they want to hear me swearing up a storm every time they connect.

What say you, GAF?

jon bones said:
mic for a fighting game with randoms? no thanks.

PhatSaqs said:
I never use a mic in fighting games. What the hell is anyone expecting to hear other than the sound of buttons being smacked and a laugh or two.

Speaking of laughter, I almost cried in laughter after catching A_Rivals Seth with an Ultra Demon. That shit did about 90% :lol.

I then burst into real tears after him spanking my ass again for about the 10th time. Certainly dont want anyone to hear that :p

RubxQub said:
Mics certainly aren't needed for this game, but are fun when you find someone who has one that enjoys the game and doesn't take it too seriously.

I love it when I get another mic user and the two of us are going nuts when either of us does something awesome.

you guys must have never played at an arcade or something. street fighter is all about trash talking. i was playing this dude yesterday, able vs bison and we was talking all kinda shit to each other. reminded me when i was 10

special move execution as alot loser and has a wider window of forgiveness.
LOL

people who had trouble with SF2 series' stricter timing should have an easier time here

Proc

RubxQub said:
It's not the game, it's you!

Well...I had maybe 1 problem last night out of dozens of online matches, so yeah, I'd say it's more your issue than the games.

It's not me. I play tons of online games with a consistantly low ping (CS:S, GTA4, etc.). Maybe its a geographical thing since maybe not too many people are playing within my region (Canada)?

I hope I'm right.

Jirotrom

Proc said:
that sucks mine have been smoother than HDs

RubxQub

bdizzle said:
you guys must have never played at an arcade or something. street fighter is all about trash talking. i was playing this dude yesterday, able vs bison and we was talking all kinda shit to each other. reminded me when i was 10
You must have been a real winner at the arcades :lol

It's not at all about trash talking.

Wallach

bdizzle said:

Amen, brother. Trash talking is both an art and a weapon. I wouldn't want to play a fighting game without it.

rhino4evr

bdizzle said:

yeah, exactly why I don't use a Mic. I don't need to be trash talked by a bunch of 10 year olds, and twenty something acting like 10 year olds. When I play online with strangers, it makes me sad for America.

iMike76

Banned
If anyone is in the Indianapolis area, the Best Buy in Greenwood has PS3 and 360 copies on the shelf.

By the way, I'm playing with the Hori EX stick for 360 and I really like it but I would also like to get the TE stick since I'll be having a few friends over from time to time. Any good place to pre-order one that will ship out soon or is everyone sold out?

RubxQub said:
You must have been a real winner at the arcades :lol

It's not at all about trash talking.

lol i was 10, i lost a lot (was decent though for my age) but i still talked trash. maybe it's a ny thing cause everyone on my friends list from ny that i play we just talk mad shit to each other no matter how good or bad we are.

Jirotrom

gutter_trash said:
special move execution as alot loser and has a wider window of forgiveness.
LOL

people who had trouble with SF2 series' stricter timing should have an easier time here
yep... game is very loose.

RubxQub

bdizzle said:
lol i was 10, i lost a lot (was decent though for my age) but i still talked trash. maybe it's a ny thing cause everyone on my friends list from ny that i play we just talk mad shit to each other no matter how good or bad we are.
Amongst friends is one thing, but I would never do it to random folks I play online.

You made it sound like you play the game against some random stranger and start telling him how shitty his game is or something :lol

Jirotrom

Proc said:
Well this gives me hope then because my HD Remix experience was smooth as silk. I'll give it a go around prime time.
i think you are just running into bad luck, you arent downloading torrents right, one time i was and forgot that i wsa anwas wondering why my games had so much lag:lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
You guys hating on Blankas look? Haha, thats ironic hes like, my favorite in terms of look and art direction. He looks BEASTLY during his idle.

Gonna play some more now, I gots shit to unlock!

rhino4evr said:
yeah, exactly why I don't use a Mic. I don't need to be trash talked by a bunch of 10 year olds, and twenty something acting like 10 year olds. When I play online with strangers, it makes me sad for America.

it's really pschological tho, i do it all the time to my bro in 2k games. you can really throw someone off even if they're better than you.

LiK

iMike76 said:
By the way, I'm playing with the Hori EX stick for 360 and I really like it but I would also like to get the TE stick since I'll be having a few friends over from time to time. Any good place to pre-order one that will ship out soon or is everyone sold out?

pretty much sold out. there's supposedly a second batch in April (email from Capcom for preorders).

Proc

Jirotrom said:
i think you are just running into bad luck, you arent downloading torrents right, one time i was and forgot that i wsa anwas wondering why my games had so much lag:lol

No but I am at my parent's house (reading week - maybe someone in my family is). I doubt it though since my connection is flawless otherwise. I'm banking on it being early in the day and that there aren't that many people playing within my area.

Wallach

RubxQub said:
Amongst friends is one thing, but I would never do it to random folks I play online.

You made it sound like you play the game against some random stranger and start telling him how shitty his game is or something :lol

You never go straight for the big stuff. There is plenty of time to tell them how shitty their game is after they lose the match. :p

Barrett2

Raging Spaniard said:
You guys hating on Blankas look? Haha, thats ironic hes like, my favorite in terms of look and art direction. He looks BEASTLY during his idle.

Gonna play some more now, I gots shit to unlock!

Maybe if you were an artist you would understand why Blanka's looks is no good. Its just hard to explain to non-artists.

:p

andymcc

Banned
installing right now... so fucking giddy... :lol :lol :lol they hadn't gone through all of the shipment yet, there was literally like 20 boxes, hopefully an act of god grants me my TE stick i preordered. otherwise, i'll be slumming with the se...

xt04

Neo Member
bdizzle said:

I dont think talking in itself is the problem necessarily. Its more so the quality of the average individual on XBL and to a lesser extent PSN. Racism, ignorance and just plain annoying assholes. No thanks. (Im talking about playing with randoms. )

In the arcade theres certain things no one would dare to say, least not without getting their block knocked off. The safety of the internet makes everyone bold.

LiK

lawblob said:
Maybe if you were an artist you would understand why Blanka's looks is no good. Its just hard to explain to non-artists.

:p

i dunno, i got an old HK comic with a painted Blanka on a white bg. looks friggin badass.

and i thought Blanka was fun to draw
when i was a kid :)

andymcc

Banned
bdizzle said:

seriously. like, do people play with their friends or what? when my friends get together to play fighters, it is a constant curse and yell fest.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Talking trash at the arcade is different because there's a regulator called a punch in the face (or, more generally, just being next to the person you are playing). Not so much online. And quite frankly, getting told your game sucks after losing a match is the least of what one hears on XBL on a daily basis. Quite frankly I'd rather just play it safe and turn off the mic.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
BTW guys, since I don't play my 360 that much, how do you install games now? I'm probably missing the obvious option but where is it?

RubxQub

andymcc said:
seriously. like, do people play with their friends or what? when my friends get together to play fighters, it is a constant curse and yell fest.
Amongst friends, of course.

But I was commenting on playing with random folks online, not friends. I'd even feel weird trash talking GAF folks unless it was someone I played regularly with.

Top Bottom