• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-COOLIO- said:
has this game inspired anyone to start hitting the gym again?

the into is so fucking powerful. i want to punch rock into dust
intro really is great

eff the haters

in-de-structable is the new take you for a ride

Skilletor

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:
I recall Ono saying he studied the SNES version of WW to figure out what made it so popular and he discovered that the inputs were made a lot easier as opposed to the arcade. So the home version of SF 4 actually has bigger windows then the arcade.

Don't be silly.

Inputs have gotten easier in SF games over the decades. Unless you have evidence about console and arcade inputs being different, don't spout such nonsense.

PSGames

Ok guys I can't seem to get this move off. I'm in the Trial mode 3 for Ryu, move 5. And it's asking me to do a Crouching Heavy Punch and then go into a Dragon Punch. I've tried doing it for the past 10 mins now and it's not working. What am I doing wrong? If I do the Dragon Punch immediately the Crouching fierce he's still in the Crouching Fierce animation so he doesn't do anything. If I time it to where he does it after the animation finishes Dan has already recovered and they don't link together.

Edit: Nevermind I finally did it. Jesus you have to do it that fast. Insanity :lol

so_awes

Banned
one thing i don't like about this game is it doesn't scale up to 1080i for the PS3.

it seems like all Capcom games are like that :(

Canti

Xabora said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
SFIV Finally shipped from Amazon!
High five! Now, we wait some more :lol Already added plenty of gaffers for this from the PSN thread.

PSN: Canti if anyone wants some friendly matches when my copy finally arrives XD

dfyb

Banned
PSGames said:
Ok guys I can't seem to get this move off. I'm in the Trial mode 3 for Ryu, move 5. And it's asking me to do a Crouching Heavy Punch and then go into a Dragon Punch. I've tried doing it for the past 10 mins now and it's not working. What am I doing wrong? If I do the Dragon Punch immediately after he's still doing the Crouching fierce animation so he doesn't do anything. If I time it to where he does it after the animation Dan has already recovered and they don't link together.
prolly need to buffer DP while the fierce animation is playing -- negative edge the DP

Xabora

Canti said:
High five! Now, we wait some more :lol Already added plenty of gaffers for this from the PSN thread.

PSN: Canti if anyone wants some friendly matches when my copy finally arrives XD
Aww boo your on PSN. :(

XBLA (Xabora1) here, my copy should be in tomarrow since I live close enough. :D

with Honda and Bison: I killed Seth on medium with 0 continues
with Chun-Li on Easiest: i took me 25 continues to be Seth

I am never selecting Chun-Li ever again

haunts

Bacon of Hope
PhatSaqs said:
Gief is borderline easymode in this game IMO. Especially compared to his previous incarnations. He's very damn good in SF4.

I have to agree 100%. people can say what they want about japanese players but Gief is going to dominate casual play once people see how easy he is in this game.

gutter_trash said:
with Honda and Bison: I killed Seth on medium with 0 continues
with Chun-Li on Easiest: i took me 25 continues to be Seth

I am never selecting Chun-Li ever again
bububu 3x low shorts into EX legs :(

Ashhong

so_awes said:
one thing i don't like about this game is it doesn't scale up to 1080i for the PS3.

it seems like all Capcom games are like that :(

indeed it sucks. im playing it at only 480p =/ same with RE5 i think

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Baloonatic said:
Comes out on Friday here and I'm tempted to get it because SFII was never out of my SNES when I was younger, but is it completely unplayable with the normal 360 controller?

I've been using analog from the beginning and can execute 99% of the stuff perfectly. Very playable

Ashhong

GuessWho said:
what is that parry like move? I don't get it...

you press medium punch and medium kick. the character charges as you hold these. once its done charging the character will do an attack, or you can let it go sooner and it will do an attack of lesser force. during the time that you charge it, it can absorb one hit.

i dont think its quite like parry..i dont know much about parry but as far as i can tell you cant continuously absorb hits. i cant absorb continuous hadokens

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
GuessWho said:
what is that parry like move? I don't get it...

To pull a semi-3rd Strike: MP+MK together on impact, hold it for a sec to absorb the blow then cancel it with a dash. Can only "parry" one hit so don't get fancy with say, Ken's Fierce DP.

Hey from the guys who have the game how is it playing against seth, a friend of mine was blurting all sorts of cuss words playing against him. I should be playing tonight or tomorrow...anyone have tips before facing him?

Dizzy-4U

This will be the first time I'll be watching those infamous NPD threads. I really really want this game to succeed. Capcom needs to know that there are still a lot of people who loves the franchise.

I hope everyone do their job and buy the game...I don't want to be heartbroken again
(Valkyria Chronicles)

diztrukted said:
Hey from the guys who have the game how is it playing against seth, a friend of mine was blurting all sorts of cuss words playing against him. I should be playing tonight or tomorrow...anyone have tips before facing him?

Have you ever had your penis cut off?

sevenchaos said:
Attempting to do this now...
Abel is actually one of the easier characters to beat Seth with. He has an easy remedy for Seth's teleporting: stand still when he's doing that, wait until he teleports right besides you and then use his command throw.

For those who own the SF4 CE(PS3 version), is anyone willing to sell me your copy of the anime for $25(20 for the movie, 5 for shipping). I couldn't get the CE and from the looks of it Capcom may not sell the anime by itself, at least not in the near future. So if anyone is willing to part with there copy then PM me.

One more thing, is the movie in 1080p with lossless sound? I figure Capcom will just do the bare minimum and give the Blu-Ray version 720p and DD 5.1 just like the Xbox version. But I hope I'm wrong.

DoctorWho said:
My friend is searching everywhere for a PS3 CE. Will they be producing more of them?
no

but that's coming from S-Kill and he's lied about this game before (like claiming it sold out completely in Japan)

negitoro7

Just picked up my CE on my lunch break from EB. :D

They gave me a $10 promotion, anyone else get the same? Is it a promotion for those who buy in the first couple of days of release?

$69 for the CE, I can live with that. :)

DoctorWho said:
My friend is searching everywhere for a PS3 CE. Will they be producing more of them?

I picked up my pre order of ps3 CE from Best Buy today and noticed there was only one CE version left after that, and the ebgames near me didn't even get the PS3 CE version. Capcom really made 360CE in vast quantities by comparison

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Arrgh...trying to unlock Gouken. =/ Not showing up. Unlocked everyone including Gouki, then beat it with Sagat (2nd time) with like 5 Ultra finishes...no Gouken

FINALLY beat Seth with Crimson Viper. Tried and tried, and then I got the idea to turn on custom soundtrack. A little Tatakau Monotachi seemed like it made me unstoppable :lol

Zeliard

GuessWho said:
i would pay for dlc to have seth removed from this game.

diztrukted said:

sevenchaos said:
Fucking fuck. I hate Seth. He's so fucking cheap.

Ken Masters said:
I can't beat Seth, his 1st rd form is a joke then after then it's the cheapest shit I've seen in since DOA4 final boss

Shinjitsu said:
Well, I was having a great time with this game tell I started fighting Seth with Chun-Li.:lol

Seth is a broken piece of shit. The priorities for his moves are off the charts (esp. the Dragon Punch), insta-SPD (piledriver) up close, insta-Sonic Boom when at a distance, instant teleports, Dhalsim'ish zoning with normals, cheap ass full-screen Ultra. He can also stop your supers and Ultras when you've already triggered them.

Kintaro said:
Arrgh...trying to unlock Gouken. =/ Not showing up. Unlocked everyone including Gouki, then beat it with Sagat (2nd time) with like 5 Ultra finishes...no Gouken

To get Gouken you need to beat it with a character on the 2nd play thru and 7 characters need to be unlocked. No continues, 1 perfect and at least 3 Ultras.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Zeliard said:
Seth is a broken piece of shit. The priorities for his moves are off the charts (esp. the Dragon Punch), insta-SPD (piledriver) up close, insta-Sonic Boom when at a distance, instant teleports, Dhalsim'ish zoning with normals, cheap ass full-screen Ultra. He can also stop your supers and Ultras when you've already triggered them.

well his sonic boom is a fireball motion, not a charge.

Top Bottom