• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Zapages

If anyone uses is Seth online and he/she is good with him then they are Douche for sure...

Although I bought the PS3 CE edition, I'm practicing on Xbox 360 version for Saturday's Tournament. :)

A lot of noise in this thread but here's some helpful info in unlocking Akuma/Gouken/Seth:
-you have to unlock everyone else first
-you have to get Akuma before Gouken (it is possible to face Gouken first and not get anyone)
-to get Akuma, you cannot lose in arcade and you must finish off two opponents with either an ultra or super (I'd use ultra just to be safe) and also get 2 perfects by the time you beat Seth. A screen will flash after you beat Seth and you'll fight Akuma.
-for Gouken, you need to get 3 ultra or super finishes and 2 perfects.
notes: I used Ryu. I tried to get Gouken with Akuma and it didn't work. I'd use Ryu just to be safe. It seems like Supers can count as well as ultras. You see I finished off 2 guys with Ultras in my first try and a couple with supers and instead of facing Akuma, faced Gouken.

Seems pretty easy (and it is, just put it on 1 round easy diffuculty) but I'd get careless and lose at Seth or do one Ultra too many or didn't realize a super counted or was playing as someone other than Ryu. Took WAY longer than it should have so I felt like writing this out. Lots of post firing off right now, so Haunts or a mod if you see this, might want to add it to the op info.

MrDaravon

Is AI Zangief supposed to be impossible or something? I've beaten the game a few times already, and I've hit him with Sakura, and I think I've won a single round in the past 20 minutes or so. His throw priority is just insane, if I get anywhere near him I'm basically fucked. What am I doing wrong?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Man I need to hurry up and jump online so that I can get my 10 win achievement. Gotta take advantage of noobs before people get decent at the game. :lol

Ashhong

negitoro7 said:
Just picked up my CE on my lunch break from EB. :D

They gave me a $10 promotion, anyone else get the same? Is it a promotion for those who buy in the first couple of days of release?

$69 for the CE, I can live with that. :)

wtf? i know of no such thing and i work there...they just discounted 10 bucks right off?

Hurray! Got a PS3 CE and 360 CE this morning both without preordering.

Left at 9:15 this morning, went to Target on Capital in SJ but they didn't get it yet. Then took the 101 over to Brokaw Fry's and they didn't have it yet but they expected that they would have it within the next two hours and confirmed they were getting the CE and would have at least 60 for the PS3 version. I decided not to wait, and went up 880 to try the Campbell Fry's. They didn't get theirs yet either. Then decided to hit the Curtner plaza Best Buy. Found a 360 CE there bought it, but they were all out of PS3 for preorders. Decided to ignore the TRU and Target there.

From there, I went to the Sunnyvale Best Buy to which they lead me to believe they had PS3 CEs available and saw some, but then said they were all on hold. So I left and decided I'll just get it from Sunnyvale Fry's. When I got there, they said it should be here soon and I decided to wait until a manager in panic said the truck left with no SF4s and he was trying to figure out what the hell was going on. So I asked is this only your store or all stores? He said his, and round about I went back to Brokaw Fry's and finally snagged a PS3 CE version.

Fuck preordering I say =)

slayn

needs to show more effort.
is there a way to FADC in place or some way to speed up the dash?

Trying to do hard challenge 1 with akuma. I understand the button inputs, but gadoken just doesn't feel like it causes enough hit stun to get the heavy punch in there. I tried back dashing, but that puts me out of range and forward dash seems to take too long.

RobbieNick

Having the same problem with Akuma. Also using Sagat. I got 3 perfects and 3 ultra finishers, but no Akuma! WTF?!

EDIT: Damn! Shoulda quoted.

Haven't played online yet, still gotta get Akuma/Gouken/Seth but damn this game is impressive. Watching the videos doesn't do it justice, I can't wait to go online with Gat and get called a n00b all day.

Ashhong

Marty Chinn said:

Left at 9:15 this morning, went to Target on Capital in SJ but they didn't get it yet. Then took the 101 over to Brokaw Fry's and they didn't have it yet but they expected that they would have it within the next two hours and confirmed they were getting the CE and would have at least 60 for the PS3 version. I decided not to wait, and went up 880 to try the Campbell Fry's. They didn't get theirs yet either. Then decided to hit the Curtner plaza Best Buy. Found a 360 CE there bought it, but they were all out of PS3 for preorders. Decided to ignore the TRU and Target there.

From there, I went to the Sunnyvale Best Buy to which they lead me to believe they had PS3 CEs available and saw some, but then said they were all on hold. So I left and decided I'll just get it from Sunnyvale Fry's. When I got there, they said it should be here soon and I decided to wait until a manager in panic said the truck left with no SF4s and he was trying to figure out what the hell was going on. So I asked is this only your store or all stores? He said his, and round about I went back to Brokaw Fry's and finally snagged a PS3 CE version.

sounds like a hell of a waste of time and gas and energy when you could have preordered and avoided ALL of that.

Flek said:
noob question - so is nobody playing as sakura or c.viper??? Why not ???

C. viper is a bitch to learn..im trying to main her so i can surprise all the kens/ryus online but im having trouble really linking together moves.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I actually beat Seth on the first try with Sakura. He teleported himself right into my Ultra. He's a piece of trash though. Not Jinpachi level trash but trash nonetheless.

Flek said:
Viper is my secondary. I'm a Scroto man first. :D

slayn said:
is there a way to FADC in place or some way to speed up the dash?

Trying to do hard challenge 1 with akuma. I understand the button inputs, but gadoken just doesn't feel like it causes enough hit stun to get the heavy punch in there. I tried back dashing, but that puts me out of range and forward dash seems to take too long.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if you input (MP+MK f, f) all as one command when you cancel your EX move, it comes out very fast.

Nightz

Marty Chinn said:

Reading this post made me miss living up in San Jose.

Spy

Marty Chinn said:

Except for the fact that I just walked into Gamestop, picked up my preorder, and went back home. Took me five minutes at most.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ashhong said:
sounds like a hell of a waste of time and gas and energy when you could have preordered and avoided ALL of that.

C. viper is a bitch to learn..im trying to main her so i can surprise all the kens/ryus online but im having trouble really linking together moves.

I think he just wanted to make himself feel better about all the time he wasted today. :lol

Zeliard

RobbieNick said:
Having the same problem with Akuma. Also using Sagat. I got 3 perfects and 3 ultra finishers, but no Akuma! WTF?!

EDIT: Damn! Shoulda quoted.

It sounds ridiculous but I think you can actually get "too many" Ultras, or even perfects, and then they won't show up.

Try this for Akuma: 1 round, 1 perfect, zero Ultras, no continues.

I used Ryu, don't think that matters though.

Ashhong

henhowc said:
I think he just wanted to make himself feel better about all the time he wasted today. :lol

i know, just making sure i rub it in as much as possible :lol i work at gamestop so im always a little baffled when people dont preorder a CE and then come in looking for it everywhere come game day.

I'm having a lot of trouble beating him on easy with C. Viper.. I can win the first round fine.. but my thumbs are getting sore and viper's super and ultra are hard to pull off with sore thumbs :lol

Ken Masters said:
I picked up my pre order of ps3 CE from Best Buy today and noticed there was only one CE version left after that, and the ebgames near me didn't even get the PS3 CE version. Capcom really made 360CE in vast quantities by comparison

That, and I think that people are buying the PS3 CE more... I mean, who wants a game disc with a movie on it? I bought the PS3 CE as opposed to 360 because I want a movie on Blu Ray... not a freakin' game disc I have to pop in a 360 to play.

Struct09

Ashhong said:

No kidding. That post pretty much validated why I preorder things, especially LEs and CEs.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Flek said:
c viper intrigues me but looks so hard to play as. And I don't want to try working out how the hell to use her until I have a better grasp of the basic mechanics of the game itself.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
If you're having trouble with Seth: just keep doing crouching hard kick, and adjust enough distance after the knockdown that he can't grab you as soon as he gets up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I got Raging's art. :D

2yxf5l1.jpg

Flek

Banned
Ashhong said:

Chamber said:
Viper is my secondary. I'm a Scroto man first. :D

i see and sakura ? I mean due to me beeing a streetfighter beginner i dont have to stick to a charackter from which ive learned the combos like 20 years ago...so why not start with c viper right from the start ;P

Damn just another day of school and a day of job shadowing and I get to pick it up! If I actually picked it up yesterday like I supposed to, I wouldn't have gotten shit done! :lol

Darkman M

gutter_trash said:
no more Blanka bites taking off 40% of your health bar with no skill,
no more Balrog headbutt mash throw taking off 40% of your health bar with no skill,

SF4 is way better... even if Honda sucks more.. SF4 is way way better

I wholeheartedly agree!

Top Bottom