• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Ashhong

SuperEnemyCrab said:
How was I a dick exactly? I got an email saying the product was ready for in-store pickup. Don't send out the email if it's not ready. I wasn't all rude to the employee's. I just said no, I need it now, I cannot come back at 3pm. True, I did psychocrusher a magazine rack on the way out, but that was a personal grudge between me and the rack.

didnt know u did instore pick up =P thought u came in randomly and demanded the game that was still sealed in the back, which imo would have been a dick move. surprised you got 10 dollars off though

EB Games in the burbs of Montreal called me for my CE... I told em I will cancel because I already received my Asian copy the day before

so the ambiguous province of Quebec with bilingual manuals..... the game has arrived in Montreal.. go get em

Kaibutsu

crowphoenix said:
Mine doesn't work either. I'm going to wait until Thursday after the PSN store updates then contact Capcom.

ah ok, i was wondering about this. my brother couldn't get his to work last night

Captain N

ThirstyFly said:
I've done that (finished the game with Akuma, gone back with Ryu and done the perfects/ultras) and I still end up fighting Akuma every friggin' time.

Do you have to finish the game with everyone before you fight Gouken? I've unlocked all the other characters, but haven't finished it with all of them yet.

You need to get 2 Perfects and 3 Ultras for Gouken. No more or less.

Scored a copy at Best Buy across from Perimeter mall in GA(2 copies left there). I flipped the box art to the other side since I hate the original box art :lol.

cant play for another 5-6 hrs, but if anyones interested in player that doesn't use shotos a lot look me up
GT: Toonami918

GQman2121

Banned
I love loading up the online mode and seeing my full green bars blasting me in the face. Fios is worth the hype!!!

Now if I could just figure out this FADC thing.........

AndresON777

shooting blanks
SuperEnemyCrab said:
How was I a dick exactly? I got an email saying the product was ready for in-store pickup. Don't send out the email if it's not ready. I wasn't all rude to the employee's. I just said no, I need it now, I cannot come back at 3pm. True, I did psychocrusher a magazine rack on the way out, but that was a personal grudge between me and the rack.
Edit: the reason for the $10 discount was because if they don't have your in-store pickup order ready by a certain time limit you get a discount.

:lol

MrOctober

Banned
So I just played my friend in an online match and this game fucking rocked my face off. It's so fucking sexy it's ridiculous. I don't even have a stick or a 6 button pad and I love it. Can't wait to get ether of those and play for real.

INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!

SnowWolf said:
Just curious... a lot of people hate the 360 controller because of the Dpad. Why does nobody use the analog stick?
is that any better though?

maybe if it had an octagonal notches like a GCN pad...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
SnowWolf said:
Just curious... a lot of people hate the 360 controller because of the Dpad. Why does nobody use the analog stick?
i was using the ps3 analog in training and looked at the input

*tilts analog slightly*

->
->
^
^
<-
->
<-
P

Is it just me or is the PS3 version much tougher than the 360?

I can get through to seth without losing a round, then beat him in 3 on the 360 on easiest and very easy.
But on the PS3 a few characters kick my arse on the way, and then Seth is unbeatable even on easiest.

That quick unlock cheat
just press heavy kick
got me through to Seth when I was feeling lazy on 360 but only gets me to round 3 on PS3.

Akim

Banned
I've been using the Analog since my SE stick broke. I can pull of ultras and fireballs fine, Dragon Punches 75% of the time maybe. It's the long combo/cancel strings I can't do.

shagg_187 said:
Game available anywhere in Toronto area?

Hit up your local big box stores...EB Games is going to be hard. I picked up two copies yesterday. One at the EB Games near my work (no pre order, but they ran out in no time with the extra copies) and the second LE from the EB Games near my house (pre ordered and only had enough for pre orders).

I can't remember when I've had this much fun with a videogame.

BUT, imagine my surprise when I got put down by blocking a fireball. I'm not sure I like that.

MoxManiac said:
Hey gutter, still plan on using Honda? He doesn't seem too good here :(
Granted I've only spent an hour and a half so far, but my Honda is undefeated online. He will brutalize players who are careless with their jumping.

adapting to bizarro random paterns in round 1 is a cluster head-fucker.
then in round 2 you figured the online weirdo out then smash him

a turtling Zangief beat me in round 1, just waitng for me to attack and do the easier 360 on me (yeah, the 360 is easier in SF4)

so in round 2, I played his game, I turtle him out and nullified his jump attemps with Honda's jump-up Fierce that has mega range and maneuverable.

I would build my meter in the corner to spit on his face for turtling on me.

you turtle on me!?? huh hu!! there look at my meter, its full now you turtling retard, now you are dead

haha

ConsumerSquare said:
I can't remember when I've had this much fun with a videogame.

BUT, imagine my surprise when I got put down by blocking a fireball. I'm not sure I like that.
chip damage, it's part of the game man

Mechar

Neo Member
So can any EuroGAF:er confirm if the Collectors Edition does come with that god awful Ryu art or the "enhanced" american cover? I know that the regular edition has the "enhanced" cover, and hope also that this is the case for the CE.

Alivor

So to do a FADC I:
Do a focus attack (special attack w/ 2 buttons instead of 1), and then dash (->->), and then another focus attack.

is this correct? Do I need a full Super bar in order to do it?

kle89

Neo Member
Question about the CE, is the DLC voucher for the alternate costumes only exclusive to CE owners? Or can regular copies pick those up off the PSN store later?

Akim

Banned
gutter_trash said:
adapting to bizarro random paterns in round 1 is a cluster head-fucker.
then in round 2 you figured the online weirdo out then smash him

a turtling Zangief beat me in round 1, just waitng for me to attack and do the easier 360 on me (yeah, the 360 is easier in SF4)

so in round 2, I played his game, I turtle him out and nullified his jump attemps with Honda's jump-up Fierce that has mega range and maneuverable.

I would build my meter in the corner to spit on his face for turtling on me.

you turtle on me!?? huh hu!! there look at my meter, its full now you turtling retard, now you are dead

haha

I'm bad at combo's so all I do online (especially vs shotos) is turtle with sagat and outfireball them, then hit em with the knee/uppercut when they get frustrated and jump in.

MoxManiac said:
Hey gutter, still plan on using Honda? He doesn't seem too good here :(
he is hurting real bad... Guile freaking owns him bad.
But his damage is insane.

I jumped on the Shadoloo train with Bison.. if I lose too much with Honda, I switch to Bison.

my 10 win streak on ranked was done with Bison actually

Jtrizzy

I'm on if people want to play...Jtrizzy. This game is awesome! I don't know how to do anything other than the original moves though.

kle89 said:
Question about the CE, is the DLC voucher for the alternate costumes only exclusive to CE owners? Or can regular copies pick those up off the PSN store later?
The brawler pack will be available at a cost of $4.00 for non-CE owners.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Don't have the game yet, can someone comment on the soundtrack of SFIV?

How does it hold up when compared to SFII, Third Strike, etc. etc.?

Halvie said:
What are everyone's opinions on the game mechanics? Better or worse than ST/Remix?

no more Blanka bites taking off 40% of your health bar with no skill,
no more Balrog headbutt mash throw taking off 40% of your health bar with no skill,

SF4 is way better... even if Honda sucks more.. SF4 is way way better

TimeKillr

Sirolf said:
Videogameplus just charged my card for the PS3 CE...
Just two more days ! :D

I was really scared when I saw their blog post saying they wouldn't have enough copies of the PS3 CE...

Then mine shipped. :) I pre-ordered in early january so...

Kintaco

Finally got the PS3 CE from Best Buy, they seemed to have quite a few in the back. Time to put my name on the SF4 PS3 online thread.

I probably suck so sucky players look me up, I haven't really played since SF2.

PSN: kintaco

Top Bottom