• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

robut said:
Seems pretty easy (and it is, just put it on 1 round easy diffuculty) but I'd get careless and lose at Seth or do one Ultra too many or didn't realize a super counted or was playing as someone other than Ryu. Took WAY longer than it should have so I felt like writing this out. Lots of post firing off right now, so Haunts or a mod if you see this, might want to add it to the op info.
Wait, I know you can't do less but are you saying that you can't finish more than the alloted rounds with a super/ultra?
haunts said:
seht on easiest i just do jump in roundhouse combos
Yep, I turned it down to easiest to unlock characters and Seth definitely eats high -> low roundhouse combos on easiest just like Gill does on most skill levels in 3S. Seth really isn't that bad compared to some Capcom end bosses. He's harder than Gill and Bison but I think Magneto in COTA and the robo-Akuma at the end of Cyberbots gave me more trouble.

Teknoman

Anyone figured out what unlocks the arcade stick icon? Got it earlier today.

Also even zero bar online battles are lag free for the most part. A few quick stutters here and there.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
They definitely made this game a lot more forgiving on pads. I just unlocked all the characters, except Sakura who I got with my stick (and Akuma+Gouken), with just the 360 pad. Seems a shit ton easier than SS2THDR. I like it. I was able to use charge moves with Bison and Chun-li.

Teknoman

Flek said:
i see and sakura ? I mean due to me beeing a streetfighter beginner i dont have to stick to a charackter from which ive learned the combos like 20 years ago...so why not start with c viper right from the start ;P

We all have to relearn for the most part. Alot of the old school combos dont work or work differently.

Doubt this has been posted here, but there are reports of defects in the Mad Catz Standard Edition stick.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=176026

Apparently a design defect has been found within the MadCatz Street Fighter IV Fight stick ($80 version).

This defect is a design issue that would appear to effect all $80 MadCatz Fight Sticks.

It has a washer on the stick that scrapes against the PCB (circuit board). This eats away at the connections and destroys the stick, rendering it useless.

If you have this stick and you notice the stick "sticking" or not responding... this is probably the reason why.

There is a thread over at SRK about it. Judging from a comment in the thread from the sticks designer, this defect was brought to the attention of the manufacturer last week.

It seems that MadCatz is maintaining its record of poor quality. It is advisable to avoid these fight sticks until newer batches fix the problem.

It appears MadCatz will "Take care of you" but... when... thats not known. Its more than likely that they dont have replacement parts that solve this design issue yet.

The only immediate solution is to simply replace the stick itself with an aftermarket arcade stick.

Xabora

Kadey said:
I got Raging's art. :D

AWESOME PIC
Makes me wonder how many people are going to google NeoGAF on the tags. :lol

Level 8 Boss said:
Doubt this has been posted here, but there are reports of defects in the Mad Catz Standard Edition stick.

Apparently a design defect has been found within the MadCatz Street Fighter IV Fight stick ($80 version).

This defect is a design issue that would appear to effect all $80 MadCatz Fight Sticks.

It has a washer on the stick that scrapes against the PCB (circuit board). This eats away at the connections and destroys the stick, rendering it useless.

If you have this stick and you notice the stick "sticking" or not responding... this is probably the reason why.

There is a thread over at SRK about it. Judging from a comment in the thread from the sticks designer, this defect was brought to the attention of the manufacturer last week.

It seems that MadCatz is maintaining its record of poor quality. It is advisable to avoid these fight sticks until newer batches fix the problem.

It appears MadCatz will "Take care of you" but... when... thats not known. Its more than likely that they dont have replacement parts that solve this design issue yet.

The only immediate solution is to simply replace the stick itself with an aftermarket arcade stick.
Its been posted quite a few times really.

Mr Jared

Raw64life said:
Installing the game now. The menu song is doing serious damage to my ear drums.

This reminds me, has anyone installed it on to their 360 yet? I was thinking of doing it tonight, even though the load times don't really bother me.

Ashhong

TurtleSnatcher said:
MadCatz is offering a free wall scroll to people who haven't received their sticks yet..

www.madcatz.com/wallscroll or email wallscroll@madcatz.com

Has this been posted?

If you haven't received yours from a store then get yourself a wall scroll!

whoa that is pretty awesome. i wonder how well they check to see if you already have a stick...

Level 8 Boss said:

indeed it has. it can be fixed by opening it up and supergluing it down. i will be doing this tonight.

edit: yea man, what Haunts said! >_>

fernoca

Just played it for 2 hours straight..which is quite a lot considering I've been awake since 4AM...worked 5AM-2PM then had an appointment at the doctor's...till 3PM; to then pick the game (PS3 version).

Awesome..polished game ..in every aspect..really slick! :)

Have Sakura and Dan unlocked so far...had to turn off the invites-thing from the options, since while I really like it and reminds me of the old arcade games when I was playing by myself and some douche decided to insert a quarter without asking and play for the sake of beating my ass; but it pissed me off that on every round, someone decided to jump in to the match..I quit all of them because I was just starting them, then accepted one; managed to win..then turn it off to focus on unlocking characters.. (1-0 yay!!)

Oh, and mad props to Capcom by including a full-color booklet on regular copies .. :)
I was like "Meh, typical Capcom-non Nintendo game-booklet in black and...whoa!!..full color..and fatty?!!!"

Teknoman

GuessWho said:
out of the new characters i like abel the best. Fuerte looks really complicated to play with.

He's not, just keep on the move...and then when your opponents get used to that, rush em with high and low close attacks.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Mr Jared said:
This reminds me, has anyone installed it on to their 360 yet? I was thinking of doing it tonight, even though the load times don't really bother me.

you should do it, makes it way quicker.

Are people still theorizing that Seth is somehow harder on PS3? Fucking hell he is the only bad thing about this game so far. Almost threw my Saturn controller earlier.

vertopci

sevenchaos said:
That's a fucking lie. Why must you lie to me like that?!

That's not a lie! That's all I do and he drops like humpty dumpty!

sevenchaos said:
Are people still theorizing that Seth is somehow harder on PS3? Fucking hell he is the only bad thing about this game so far. Almost threw my Saturn controller earlier.

o_O what?!?

Teknoman

I dont wanna force the issue but:

Does it REALLY effect ALL Standard fight sticks? My stick is going on like 2 days of heated matches so far and no stuck direction or button problems.

vertopci

Teknoman said:
I dont wanna force the issue but:

Does it REALLY effect ALL Standard fight sticks? My stick is going on like 2 days of heated matches so far and no stuck direction or button problems.

It's a problem with the actual design of the stick so I would imagine so

winnarps

anyone know how to do hyakki gosai as akuma?

as far as i know it's supposed to cancel the move in midair, and i execute that fine, but the challenge mode isnt giving me credit for it.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Woohoo! finally managed to finish all of normal and hard challenge mode for akuma.

So many of these hard challenge combos are a bitch =(
winnarps said:
anyone know how to do hyakki gosai as akuma?

as far as i know it's supposed to cancel the move in midair, and i execute that fine, but the challenge mode isnt giving me credit for it.

cancel it with lp+lk to throw them. Don't press it until you are right on top of them.

there are a few things you can do during the move:
do nothing for a sweep
kick for a dive kick
punch for a... I forget, jumping punch?
or a throw to throw them while in the air.
Challenge mode only responds when you do the throw.

vertopci said:
That's not a lie! That's all I do and he drops like humpty dumpty!

o_O what?!?
Haha. Somebody posted about it a while back. Had both versions of the game and commented about how Seth was easier on the 360 than PS3.

I just shut off my PS3 cause I couldn't beat Seth on easiest. Now what the hell is this shit. I understand there needs to be some challenge (especially since he is the boss). But I felt no change in how hard he was going from easy to easiest.

Is ranked online play completely broken for anyone else? Can't join any games, I host and no one ever joins. Started acting wonky about 10 mins ago or so.

vertopci

sevenchaos said:
Haha. Somebody posted about it a while back. Had both versions of the game and commented about how Seth was easier on the 360 than PS3.

I just shut off my PS3 cause I couldn't beat Seth on easiest. Now what the hell is this shit. I understand there needs to be some challenge (especially since he is the boss). But I felt no change in how hard he was going from easy to easiest.

Just use sweeps man! :lol

If you can't get that to work, do jump fierce kicks to sweeps :lol

Spy

sevenchaos said:

PS3 more hardcore confirmed!

sevenchaos said:

I couldn't beat him on medium and just gave up

Just picked up my copy and can't wait to get home in a few hours and fight! I'm really stoked to give this a spin with my Hori Ex2, hopefully it'll hold up well.

Souther

Banned
I can't find out how to invite someone in this game on PSN....I must be not seeing something. I thought if you went into "create" or "custom" match that you would be able to do it there but i cant see it.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Quick Q -

This game is on its way from GameFly. Since I'm only renting it, I don't intend on getting any special controller, or anything. Just gonna use the standard 360 pad.

So... how bad is this gonna suck? Like,, super bad, kinda bad, or I'll be fine since I'm just a casual fighting fan?

Darkman M

GDJustin said:
Quick Q -

This game is on its way from GameFly. Since I'm only renting it, I don't intend on getting any special controller, or anything. Just gonna use the standard 360 pad.

So... how bad is this gonna suck? Like,, super bad, kinda bad, or I'll be fine since I'm just a casual fighting fan?

It's pretty bad, but shouldn't matter for the reasons you just stated.

sevenchaos said:

There's an SPU saved specifically for Seth on the Triple version, that's why.

Spy

Two more hours of work and I'll be playing SFIV again. Only this time I won't have to deal with playing without a FightStick since UPS says my SE FightStick is out for delivery.

Etelmik

Neo Member
El Fuerte's charge and release move doesn't seem reliable. I can't even get it to work consistently in training mode. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Also, what are some good ideas for close combat when standing? I got his crouch moves down...

So many Kens, Ryus and Sagats have lost to my Tostadddaaaa

Alivor

Zangief's Ultra Combo is damn near impossible for me...double full circle means that I'm jumping, and unable to pull it off. Ugh.

Sallokin

Picked up my pre-ordered collector's edition today (to go along with the regular I bought yesterday natch) at best buy and they only got 6 CEs in. 3 360 and 3 PS3. I hope this isn't the case all over the place because I know more than 6 people pre-ordered here at this BB. They actually had to give the guy in front of me a copy that had been set aside for in store pickup. I feel bad for the dude who is coming in to grab his CE and is walking out empty handed/pissed.

Riptwo

I knew the CE was going to be limited, but damn. The bigger stores near me are getting two copies of the PS3 CE each, which will probably end up being purchased by employees before the doors open. That being said, SFIV is awesome enough for me to stand around like a jackass tomorrow morning just in case.

Top Bottom