• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

panda21

RubxQub said:
What the fuck I just beat it with Gen and did the same shit and NOTHING!!!

...is my game glitched now that I fought and beat Gouken but didn't unlock him?

is there some thing where you have to complete with some perfect matches or a certain number of ultras

Clipper

RubxQub said:
What the fuck I just beat it with Gen and did the same shit and NOTHING!!!

...is my game glitched now that I fought and beat Gouken but didn't unlock him?

Guides seem to say you have to unlock all the other characters except Seth before you can unlock Gouken. Have you done that?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Clipper said:
Guides seem to say you have to unlock all the other characters except Seth before you can unlock Gouken. Have you done that?
Yeap.

Everyone's unlocked and I've almost beaten it with everyone by now trying to unlock Gouken :lol

I make sure I do it with minimal of 3 perfects and 3 ultra finishes...and no dice.

This game hates me.

Guled

RubxQub said:
Yeap.

Everyone's unlocked and I've almost beaten it with everyone by now trying to unlock Gouken :lol

I make sure I do it with minimal of 3 perfects and 3 ultra finishes...and no dice.

This game hates me.
you have to beat arcade with everyone first (including Akuma)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
You have to make sure you beat the game with Akuma too.

also, has anyone redeemed the brawler pack using their CE codes? It keeps saying my code isnt valid.

Guled

pelicansurf said:
You have to make sure you beat the game with Akuma too.

also, has anyone redeemed the brawler pack using their CE codes? It keeps saying my code isnt valid.
the code will work tomorrow

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Guled said:
you have to beat arcade with everyone first (including Akuma)
no you don't

Akuma just requires that you unlock everyone that isn't Gouken or Seth
Gouken requires you have previously beaten it with Akuma

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Has anyone been able to download the costumes that come with the PS3 collector's edition? Its telling me the code may not be correct or may no longer be valid.

Raxus

Teknoman said:
Heh...forget trying to stay away from Ryu, he's pretty damn fun in SFIV.
I can do Ryu's super hado in the middle of a combo but I am having trouble doing the ex focus cancel and ultra. Still he has good focus crumples so landing a simple ultra isn't too bad.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Lawls... just unlocked Gouken by beating it with Ryu again.

No clue what happened differently this time around. First guy perfect, second guy normal finish, 3rd guy perfect, 4th guy perfect, every guy after that was an ultra, and I ultra'd Seth but he didn't die so I finished him with a jumping high kick.

...no clue but I fucking have him now :lol

Grabbed it yesterday and have been loving it ever since. Hate Seth though, he makes baby Jesus cry.

Been playing it one the 360, but i also bought the PS3 collectors edition to get hte movie on Blu-Ray. I was going to sell the copy of the game that came with to a firend of mine, but is friggen brother bought another copy that same day. Now I'm looking for someone to buy my copy. *sigh*

Also, how does one play Rufus well? I have seen the computer pull of some amazing bullshit with him, but whenever I try he is constantly getting knocked out of his moves by the computer, and he seems to have absolutely minuscule range. I can;t figure out howto get out of corners with him, and I can't figure out how to close in.

BTW, does anyone have a code for the brawler pack on 360? I have the one that came with the collector's edition PS3 version, and I'd be willing to trade it for the similar code for the 360.

Teknoman

Raxus said:
I can do Ryu's super hado in the middle of a combo but I am having trouble doing the ex focus cancel and ultra. Still he has good focus crumples so landing a simple ultra isn't too bad.

Yeah thats the bad thing about Metsu Hadoken. It gives the opponent too much a chance to block unless you catch em off guard.

EDIT: Balrog has insane armor breaking moves.

MrDaravon

Just finished playing with a friend for a couple hours; after not really playing any fighting games since Alpha 3 about 10 years ago, this game is fucking awesome. My friend wants Indestructible played at his funeral :lol

Teknoman

Wash the taste of defeat from your mouth with my aca y vaca soup!

EDIT: Let it be known I have no problem with any of the shoto fighters, and have always been my top favorites (cept Akuma). However, no one is having fun when all you do is spam fireball attacks all day.

Magnus

I can't fucking perform throw escapes. Is it literally like a millisecond window during which you need to press LP+LK as the opponent reaches for you in order to escape it? I'll never match that timing :lol

MIMIC

Banned
FINALLY beat Seth on hardest. Finished his ass off with an Ultra, too :D

OK, to unlock everyone, can I just do it on Easy (using the required characters, of course)?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
HankScorpio said:
Shit I cannot pull off Sakura Trials stage 4 3/4 for the life of me :(

I can't get the Blossom to link.

I don't know what blossom is but for the 3rd one, you have to try to connect the ultra as late as possible.

edit:
NEVERMIND

what I said was for shotos

for sakura's 4th combo challenge, you do heavy dragon punch, and cancel into super at the halfway point. Her super does NOT juggle.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
vipers 2nd challenge

normal trial number 3

I CANT DO IT

-> jump heavy kick
-> heavy (in air) burning kick

some advice PLEASE

Magnus

Goddamn the music's disappointing. Sucks not having character-specific stages anymore either, but I guess that's been gone since SF2?

Side-note: The "OH SHIT" faces on your opponents as the camera zooms in when you've performed an Ultra that's definitely going to hit....is fucking priceless. :lol

I was planning on getting this later on, but I just couldn't wait. I got the very last copy at Gamestop, they were talking about having to call the customers who pre-ordered and telling them they didn't have enough - this game must have sold huge! Couldn't find a gamepad anywhere so I resorted to looking for a fighting stick - no avail, but my friend is going to sell me his old DOA4 stick so I'll probably wait till then. Hopefully it gets here by Saturday. I'll try it with the regular 360 controller but I know I'm just going to piss myself off.

Top Bottom