• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Sallokin said:
Picked up my pre-ordered collector's edition today (to go along with the regular I bought yesterday natch) at best buy and they only got 6 CEs in. 3 360 and 3 PS3. I hope this isn't the case all over the place because I know more than 6 people pre-ordered here at this BB. They actually had to give the guy in front of me a copy that had been set aside for in store pickup. I feel bad for the dude who is coming in to grab his CE and is walking out empty handed/pissed.

That's just the employee who handed him the CE being a fucking idiot. At the Best Buy I go to, they refuse to give the preorders to anyone other than the person who ordered/preordered it - which is the way it should be. They're sitting at the Customer Service desk with a piece of paper with the order info taped to it, to prevent that from happening.

Sucks for the dude who's walking out empty handed. And how did he order for in-store pickup? From the website? That isn't an option... it's still "coming soon" on the BBY site.

FrankT

2qwjzu1.jpg

Score!

5 Gamestops, 1 Target and 2 Best Buys later and I finally score a 360 pad. What in the world MadCatz, my local GS said they didn't even get any, and the one right behind my local mall said they got a grand total of 3 of each version. Last BB I checked had one left. :D

DiddyBop

this game is too good. ive absolutely falling in love with the art style and graphics,capcom got it right, everything is so bright and colourful.

the only downside is that they made ultra finishers so satisfying so i sometimes lose matches trying my best to throw out the ultra. catching someone mid air with Ken's ultra is nothing i will never get tired of.

Barrett2

This is ridiculous, I can't make it through a single Arcade fight without some damn challenger coming in. Amazingly I am still undefeated against challengers. Either my Ryu is better than I thought, or these people suck! :lol

Sallokin

thirtytwoutside said:
Sucks for the dude who's walking out empty handed. And how did he order for in-store pickup? From the website? That isn't an option... it's still "coming soon" on the BBY site.

Good point. I'm not sure, but the game he got did have a white sheet of paper taped to it and they had to get a manager to clear the transaction because they had two others up there with taped sheets of paper for other people presumably.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
abstract alien said:
Alright, Ive got a question for an advanced player. How do I charge partition?

I can do VERY limited charge partitions in sf3 with remy, such as his overhead, overhead, charge move(not a combo, but done in succession)...but how do i go about partitioning to do something such as this...

(Go to 1:27 mark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ard7wJAcs6s&feature=related
(Go to 2:40 mark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lato8FmMoIQ

There is no charge partitioning in SF IV. In that video he is just doing his ultra after his super.

FoxSpirit

abstract alien said:
Alright, Ive got a question for an advanced player. How do I charge partition?

I can do VERY limited charge partitions in sf3 with remy, such as his overhead, overhead, charge move(not a combo, but done in succession)...but how do i go about partitioning to do something such as this...

(Go to 1:27 mark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ard7wJAcs6s&feature=related
(Go to 2:40 mark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lato8FmMoIQ

In Super Turbo, it's all about not using (hold)b,f+attack for a charge aattck but using (hold)b,f,b+attack instead. The trick is that normally the charge will only start up again after the recovery time but with this input it will start recharging imideately. In ST, the timing for this is so very strict -.-

nib95

Banned
I'm loving the game so far, ultra fluid, responsive and fun. But a few things bugged me. First, this game has the worst intro/menu music I've ever heard. Camp male Japan pop that reeks of cheese. And secondly, I wish it had a more comprehensive Quest type mode, something similar to SC4 where you can upgrade/build characters and buy/earn moves/trinkets. The Challenge mode is decent, but not as in-depth as what SC4 has on offer.

These impressions coming from a relative SF n00b (played it when I was young and through the years, but only ever casually or on and off) and a casual beat em up gamer.

nib95 said:
I wish it had a more comprehensive Quest type mode, something similar to SC4 where you can upgrade/build characters and buy/earn moves/trinkets. The Challenge mode is decent, but not as in-depth as what SC4 has on offer.

These impressions coming from a relative SF n00b (played it when I was young and through the years, but only ever casually or on and off) and a casual beat em up gamer.

Nah, SF needs to stay simple. That would be too RPG-ish for my liking. You want Soul Calibur, then play Soul Calibur.

OP said:
EX Moves
Although not new to the Street Fighter series, the EX Moves are new to most characters in this game. To perform an EX move, you simply execute a special move but instead of pressing just one kick or punch button, you press two. Most ex moves have special properties and/or multiple hits. Using an EX move will use up one stock of your Super Meter.

Not entirely true. EX moves were introduced in Street Fighter: The Movie for PS1 and Saturn, and most of the cast of that game returns for SFIV.

Brannon

God.

This game is ridiculously on the mark. Miffed about no Spectator mode, but other than that, good job Capcom. Song is... okay, thank god the intro has insane visual impact.

Best part; Chun-Li has that backward quarter-circle kick, YAY!

Worst part; Cammy has to be unlocked, BOO!

haunts said:
There is no charge partitioning in SF IV. In that video he is just doing his ultra after his super.
How does he pull off doing sonic boom, crouch mp x2, sonic boom? Good ole perfect timing Im assuming if there is no partitioning?

FoxSpirit said:
In Super Turbo, it's all about not using (hold)b,f+attack for a charge aattck but using (hold)b,f,b+attack instead. The trick is that normally the charge will only start up again after the recovery time but with this input it will start recharging imideately. In ST, the timing for this is so very strict -.-
It will be years before i learn this :^(

Arde5643

Etelmik said:
El Fuerte's charge and release move doesn't seem reliable. I can't even get it to work consistently in training mode. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Also, what are some good ideas for close combat when standing? I got his crouch moves down...

So many Kens, Ryus and Sagats have lost to my Tostadddaaaa
The only charge and release move he has is the Gordito Sobat - press any kick for a few seconds - the longer you hold it you get more damage, more stun, and longer range.

It's best to hold this move after doing an ultra or super since the animation takes a while.
I've also seen players use this in jumping fP >> standing fP >> release charge combo.

I'm guessing you'd want to charge the move before you jump or while you're jumping.

vertopci said:
Just use sweeps man! :lol

If you can't get that to work, do jump fierce kicks to sweeps :lol
Do not laugh at me sir. I may suck at SF. But I do not suck that much. If I could be cheap I would but the fucker won't let me be cheap.

Spy said:
PS3 more hardcore confirmed!
donkey show said:
There's an SPU saved specifically for Seth on the Triple version, that's why.
It's a damned conspiracy I will uncover.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Hmmm I'm lost now.

So I just beat the game with Akuma twice, Fei Long once, Ryu once.

Everytime I beat the game I got at least 3 perfects and 3 ultra finishes...and no Gouken showing up :lol

I think I read somewhere that you have to beat the game with Gen...so let's try that!

GuessWho

i'm doing the trial modes, where they teach you how to do combos and it's pretty fucking stupid how you can't save your progress, like in SF EX. Also i can't do one of Akuma's moves, its the "Z" + LPLK....what gives.... I think it's Stage 1 part 6.
it's called Hyakki Gosai

Arde5643 said:
The only charge and release move he has is the Gordito Sobat - press any kick for a few seconds - the longer you hold it you get more damage, more stun, and longer range.

It's best to hold this move after doing an ultra or super since the animation takes a while.
I've also seen players use this in jumping fP >> standing fP >> release charge combo.

I'm guessing you'd want to charge the move before you jump or while you're jumping.

Holy shit. That's a real thing? I thought it was just another word Taco Bell made up.

Guled

man, curtain EB games here in Canada got the regular fightsticks today to cover only pre orders but got jack :( Hopefully they at least get the fightpad by the end of week. I can't play again until Friday :( I guess I have really bad luck :(

Teknoman

Charge the Gordita Sobat while moving around (the kick buttons dont seem to affect damage for that...or distance unless im missing something). It covers nice distance and can go through electricity (Blanka) even when not EX.

nib95

Banned
CM McPunk said:
Nah, SF needs to stay simple. That would be too RPG-ish for my liking. You want Soul Calibur, then play Soul Calibur.

Why? The more options and gameplay types the merrier. Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean others might not. And if it did have it, don't like the mode, don't play it. It's a shame imo, as those kinds of modes make beat em ups more rewarding and give them more longevity, especially for casual beat em up gamers. I prefer the fighting in SF4, but the SP campaign content of SC4. A better mix of the two imo would have been epic.

Spy

I can't believe how easy it is to do reversals now. In SFIITHDR I couldn't pull them off consistently but in SFIV I do it everytime.

RubxQub said:
Hmmm I'm lost now.

So I just beat the game with Akuma twice, Fei Long once, Ryu once.

Everytime I beat the game I got at least 3 perfects and 3 ultra finishes...and no Gouken showing up :lol

I think I read somewhere that you have to beat the game with Gen...so let's try that!
No you must fight with Akuma..... only way to get Gouken.

RubxQub

VictimOfGrief said:
No you must fight with Akuma..... only way to get Gouken.
Dude, I said I beat it twice with Akuma in what you quoted :lol

nib95 said:
Why? The more options and gameplay types the merrier. Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean others might not. And if it did have it, don't like the mode, don't play it. It's a shame imo, as those kinds of modes make beat em ups more rewarding and give them more longevity, especially for casual beat em up gamers. I prefer the fighting in SF4, but the SP campaign content of SC4. A better mix of the two imo would have been epic.

SF is all about playing against other people, I'm glad the dev's focused on good online play instead of a half-decent campaign mode.

Yagharek

Finally beat it, first time to do so. Only on easy though. Havent played SF2 (properly) in maybe 10 years. Still, satisfying to finish him off with an ultra. :D

RubxQub

What the fuck I just beat it with Gen and did the same shit and NOTHING!!!

...is my game glitched now that I fought and beat Gouken but didn't unlock him?

punkypine

RubxQub said:
What the fuck I just beat it with Gen and did the same shit and NOTHING!!!

...is my game glitched now that I fought and beat Gouken but didn't unlock him?
no i didnt get him the first time i beat him either
i dunno how it works exactly tho

ksamedi

This game is pretty hard. I just beat the game with Abel on medium but I had a lot of trouble doing it. I must have played at least 50 matches against the end boss. Abel is really useless. It took me only a couple of matches to win with Ken.

MIMIC

Banned
Arcade mode is easier than I thought. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty (only loss one round....and it was to that bastard Zangief) and now I'm at Seth.

And I lost the first round ;_;

Any tips for him? I kinda just went in blind, not knowing his moves or anything. I want to beat him in 3 *worried look*

Top Bottom