• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Raxus

MIMIC said:
FINALLY beat Seth on hardest. Finished his ass off with an Ultra, too :D

OK, to unlock everyone, can I just do it on Easy (using the required characters, of course)?
Uh.... why didn't you unlock everyone and then play hardest? You do realize you have to do it again once you completed arcade with Gouken.

Yes you can play easiest to unlock everyone. Akuma is 1 perfect 2 ultra finishers once you have beat the game with (almost) everyone else and you get gouken after clearing the game with akuma and doing 1-2 perfects and 3 ultra finishers. You can't lose a round either.

Darkman M

Magnus said:
Goddamn the music's disappointing. Sucks not having character-specific stages anymore either, but I guess that's been gone since SF2?

Nah SF3 had em, i think there are a few character specific stages in SF4just not for all 20+ characters. Hopefully they add some news ones though.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
-COOLIO- said:
vipers 2nd challenge

normal trial number 3

I CANT DO IT

-> jump heavy kick
-> heavy (in air) burning kick

some advice PLEASE
land as deep and *low* as possible. Try and find the lowest you can be before you hit.

Linkhero1

Is Guile's theme character specific or stage music? I really want to listen to it but I don't want to keep on picking Guile for it. :lol

impirius

1. This game looks amazing

2. Any Street Fighter skills I used to have seem to be long gone

3. My wife makes me mute the TV when I'm on the menu screen

4. My left thumb is absolutely killing me... I hate you, Dual Shock d-pad

vertopci

impirius said:
1. This game looks amazing

2. Any Street Fighter skills I used to have seem to be long gone

3. My wife makes me mute the TV when I'm on the menu screen

4. My left thumb is absolutely killing me... I hate you, Dual Shock d-pad

Get a stick or a winged controller. Dual shock is shit for fighting games

Magnus

Am I the only one having no probs with the DS3's d-pad? Controls are so fluid and perfect that I'm not even that concerned with picking up a stick ASAP anymore.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
slayn said:
OH I JUST REALIZED WHAT I WAS REALLY DOING WRONG

i spent the last hour trying to do it with a normal straight up jump. as soon as i tried arching my jump i did it on the 3rd try : (((((

i dont think its even possible with the nuetral air heavy kick

LowParry

Once I had all the characters unlocked (won't even bother with Seth. The wife can unlock him :D ) I turned back on that arcade pick up under ranked. Talk about a smooth transition of practice play between fights. Makes it so much nicer to get pick up games instead of having to scan through and hope you find a match that connects. And as always. I'm up against Ken, Ryu or Sagat. Rarely I get a game with Cammy which is nice. I think I should pick up Rose to learn tonight and anti fireball them bitches. Although Gouken is pretty fun to play online. Throws people off guard with that air fireball. Still a ton to learn though.

slayn

-COOLIO- said:
OH I JUST REALIZED WHAT I WAS REALLY DOING WRONG

i spent the last hour trying to do it with a normal straight up jump. as soon as i tried arching my jump i did it on the 3rd try : (((((

i dont think its even possible with the nuetral air heavy kick
oh, well I figured that part was common sense :lol

vertopci

Magnus said:
Am I the only one having no probs with the DS3's d-pad? Controls are so fluid and perfect that I'm not even that concerned with picking up a stick ASAP anymore.

You're fucking crazy man! :lol

That D-pad hurts like hell

Magnus said:

Ok, well that's good to hear. I wasn't planning on spending 40-70 euros on any extra controllers.

slayn

Magnus said:
I *despise* sticks and can't do anything with them. I'm just using the dualshock and playing has been no problems.

Magnus said:

I've got Zero problems with the DS3's d-pad.

I remember getting a blister from the DS1 when Alpha 3 came out, but the skin on my hands has gotten thicker since then, due to engineering work.

Raxus said:
Crimson is good if you can play her field game. Her ground pound is an amazing move.

I can't do anything because of his vacuum cleaner move which renders everything I do completely pointless.

edit: no DS3 problems here either though I would probably enjoy playing with an arcade stick all the same.

Vargas

Sorry if it has been asked already but does anyone have a track listing for the soundtrack that is included in the CE? I was wondering if the rival remixes made it in.

slayn

blanka's 5th hard challenge is such a bitch. 4 normals linked in a row? Only one of them light? I didn't think that was even possible.

ph15h

Neo Member
1. I forgot to pick up the headband when I picked up my game.
2. I forgot how badly I sucked at Street Fighter games. -_- Seth murdered me on "easiest"
3. I can't do any of the challenges... Especially the Jump Heavy Kick, Crouch Heavy Punch, Hadoken, EX Focus Attack. I spent like 50 minutes trying to do the stupid combo.

-_- really woulda liked a "demo mode" for trial/training

Tiduz

Eurogaime
wait what, dutch site says famitsu interview with ono stated that T Hawk and DeeJay might come to SFIV, and that they had already worked on them.

he basically said if the wans want it they must let it be known, werent they highly against dlc chars? or maybe they will be free (yea rite).

anyone can confirm if this is in famitsu ?

Xevren

I love this game, the only negative I have is about lobbies. Getting some friends together would be a lot of fun like it was in 2 HDR.

I'm sure someone has bitched about this already but having online lobbies with a max of 2 people is weak.

That said, I'm in love with this game. Messing around with focus attacks and finding which is the best times/ways to execute them has been a lot of fun. Game is a complete time sink though. Can't wait for the weekend so I can just played the game all day and night.

Tiduz said:
wait what, dutch site says famitsu interview with ono stated that T Hawk and DeeJay might come to SFIV, and that they had already worked on them.

he basically said if the wans want it they must let it be known, werent they highly against dlc chars? or maybe they will be free (yea rite).

anyone can confirm if this is in famitsu ?
SFIV: Special Champion Edition confirmed.

akachanningen is kicking my ass right now lol

this fight stick is incredibly hard to get used to.....i'm screwing up moves left and right

but having pretty good games, the rhythm is also kinda awkward, but so far this game is fucking epic!!!!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Wow, it's shoto mania...and I'm losing with El Fuerte. Not sure how to punish yet and he takes a good beating. =/

Raxus

Kintaro said:
Wow, it's shoto mania...and I'm losing with El Fuerte. Not sure how to punish yet and he takes a good beating. =/
Fuerte is pretty awful if you do not know what you are doing you have to master his run and use a shit ton of focus cancels.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Kintaro said:

Fuerte destroys scrubs. They fireball, you run and press their asses. They start to get up, you propeller their asses. They jump up, you leg press their asses.

They jump back at the start of the match, you run and slide their asses. Simple as that!

For added fun, if you have EX stocks, do EX run forward into their hadoken and then press or slide into them. And BAM they be DONE.

Raxus

Dreams-Visions said:
i did.

and goddamn...the challenge mode stuff really is tough on hard.
I quit the hard mode challenge stuff since you really need a stick to perform half of what they ask of you.

Don't know if this has been complained about yet, but damn Capcom picked the flimsiest packaging for the CE outer box. Cereal boxes have better packaging than this.

Game is great, though :)

Top Bottom