• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Blueblur1

Three things:

1) Seth is cheap as Hell.

2) I suck at this game when I thought I would be decent. I've only been able to win 3 rank matches in a row before I run into someone with 0 BP that already has Akuma and kicks my ass with Akuma.

3). The online needs a patch. Its not laggy but I can't join 90% of the rooms I find.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Raxus said:
I quit the hard mode challenge stuff since you really need a stick to perform half of what they ask of you.

And for half of that you need a good stick to perform the combos. Man, I need my T.E Stick to arrive already.

Raxus

Blueblur1 said:
Three things:

1) Seth is cheap as Hell.

2) I suck at this game when I thought I would be decent. I've only been able to win 3 rank matches in a row before I run into someone with 0 BP that already has Akuma and kicks my ass with Akuma.

3). The online needs a patch. Its not laggy but I can't join 90% of the rooms I find.

3) is true for all fighting games. The fact of the matter is people hop into the rooms so fast the quick search option is useless. It is much easier to create a room and wait a few seconds for a challenger.

Teknoman

Anyone else find their heart picks up abit when playing online with El Fuerte? :lol

EDIT: I get most online ranked matches from challenge request mode within arcade.

when you get knocked down by Seth, do the quick recovery when you hit floor (P+P+P) so you dont spend five hours waking up and having him teleport 4 times around you during your rising animation

with the Quick get up, he will teleport allot less.

turtle him out (except when he is Sonic Booming) then blocked his stupid kick and sucktion than counter him after

keanerie

Router said:
And for half of that you need a good stick to perform the combos. Man, I need my T.E Stick to arrive already.

I dunno about that, I've managed to finish a good amount of them just using my EX2.

It's not like just cause you wear Jordans you can dunk, that's not an entirely accurate analogy, but you know what I mean, a stick isn't going to make you better able, it'll just make you better equipped.

Xevren

Just keep blocking low if he tries to vacuum you, wait for him to do something after it then punish accordingly. He's only annoying if he keeps up with the command throws.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Zapages said:
share the wealth of info man. :)
Let him suck you in then command throw is what I like to do. Of course I'm playing on Easiest. :lol I still beat him on my first try almost every time though.

Teknoman

keanerie said:
I dunno about that, I've managed to finish a good amount of them just using my EX2.

It's not like just cause you wear Jordans you can dunk, that's not an entirely accurate analogy, but you know what I mean, a stick isn't going to make you better able, it'll just make you better equipped.

EX2 sticks really arent that bad when judged on their own :lol

My arcade stick ran out of batteries in the middle of a ranked match because I wasn't paying attention to it. Switched over to the awful 360 pad in time to recover and waste the fool I was playing.

Raxus

Zapages said:
share the wealth of info man. :)
Depends the character. If you play a character with a shoryuken like move (with high priority) you can counter Seth 80% of the time. To dodge the move you have to keep your distance or jump while he does the move and get a few quick hits to punish him. The vacuum isn't the problem with Seth as it is with his insane teleports and impeccable timing with high priority moves at JUST the right moment.

evil ways

Just got home with my copy. Btw, that whole gamestop Street Fighter 4 tourney thing? They should've renamed it the Ryu & Ken invitational, cause aside from me (Guile) and a C. Viper player, that's all there was. Didn't see who won it cause I left after I got my ass whooped in the 2nd match.

Now to install and play!!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ken, Ken, Ken, Ken, Sagat, Ken, Ken, Ryu, Ken... :lol I can't blame people though.

Edit: My pride is getting shattered with the ass kickings. lol MORE!

keanerie

Kintaro said:
Ken, Ken, Ken, Ken, Sagat, Ken, Ken, Ryu, Ken... :lol I can't blame people though.

I ran into a guy on XBL once playing HD Remix...his Gamertag was "SICK OF KEN" and he played Honda.

I gave him a positive player review just for having that name.

Magnus

Ok, Ken, Trial (Normal), Level 5, last part.... = WTF?

"Medium Kick (neutral stick), Medium Punch (neutral stick)"

I can't fucking do it. The kick sends Dan too far away to be hit by the punch. I've tried all types of timing, (kick, pause, punch....kick, longer pause, punch....kick/punch back to back) nothing works. What gives? lol

Raxus

Router said:
Sakura is awesome in this. Very, very solid.
While her spinning kick sucks and the hado is mostly there for management her shoryuken is the boss. Especially when you EX that shit....mmmmmmmmmmm.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kintaro said:

Edit: My pride is getting shattered with the ass kickings. lol MORE!

Hell for Hondas, though I'm still undefeated vs shoto.

unlocking the last four colors is hell.

I wish Capcom had picked a better method for adding colors, like letting people get it through online winning.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm 10 and 38, which is insanely better than I ever did in HDR. If anyone wants to play I'll fight you, but I've downgraded to using a pad for now. No more randoms for me until I fix up my stick though.

Raxus

Magnus said:
Ok, Ken, Trial (Normal), Level 5, last part.... = WTF?

"Medium Kick (neutral stick), Medium Punch (neutral stick)"

I can't fucking do it. The kick sends Dan too far away to be hit by the punch. I've tried all types of timing, (kick, pause, punch....kick, longer pause, punch....kick/punch back to back) nothing works. What gives? lol
I am presuming you might have to EX focus cancel.

diffusionx

Gold Member
How the hell do you do Chun Li's last trial on challenge 3? The dual hard punch mini combo followed by 3 of those leg smash things while Dan is jumping like a lunatic.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
im c viper normal trial 3, challenge 3 i have to do:

-> heavy kick
-> emergency combination (super)

what kind of heavy kick am i suppose to do thought because theres 2 types:

1) near the enemy for a double kick
2) slightly away for 1 high sweeping kick

Zeliard

Chamber said:
I have no idea why but Ken is my favorite Shoto in this game. <3 Ken

Ken feels really nice to play as. His Ultra can be tough to hit on good opponents but it's probably the most rewarding one in the game from a visual standpoint (other than maybe Fei Long's).

Threi

notag
Zeliard said:
Ken feels really nice to play as. His Ultra can be tough to hit on good opponents but it's probably the most rewarding one in the game from a visual standpoint (other than maybe Fei Long's).
not to mention its the only one you (and everyone else in the room) say with Ken as he does it :lol

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Been playing this game for about 7 hours straight....sooooooooooooo awesome.

And Seth is easy as fuck...dont know what everyone is bitching about.

Raxus

A Twisty Fluken said:
It's easy to cruise to an easy win against scrubs with the jump in kick shoryuken combo with Ken because his heavy DP has so many hits.
If they play an opponent with half a brain they would just focus the kick and crumple his ass.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
everyone whos played street fighter casually in the arcade has always loved ken

he has a red gi

he's a pretty boy cool guy

his shoryuken lights people on fire

i <3 ken, i played him first

ashism

The Main Event said:
What's with the awful menu music?

Installing the game now (PS3), and got the godly Saturn Pad.
What did you just say about the theme song? Seriously, recheck those ears, this song will change your life for the amazing.

Top Bottom