• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Xabora

Dreams-Visions said:
Heavenly Hammer is my XBL tag. For those who'd like to try to end my 30 game win streak, I accept all challenges. and dish out all asswhoopin's.
Friends list is full. :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Cover of Dengeki PlayStation...

Ken who?

3292311136_026bcac6af_b.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Spike said:
Please elaborate, Mejilan. I'm hoping to pick up SFIV this weekend, and I'm still contemplating on the CE or not.

1) The movie opens with endless blah blah blah, continues with endless blah blah blah, and ends with mercifully NOT endless blah blah blah.
2) There's no actual fighting.
3) The few "encounters" that occur, are basically like combinations of slide shows and cut/paste flash "animations" sans animations.
4) There's no actual fighting.
5) Blah blah blah.
6) No gratuitous Chun Li shower scene. (Though, apparently, Chun Li and Sakura OHKO two guards, strip down, and change to their usual outfits right there, together, in front of the two knocked out guards. Of course, the changing happens off screen.
7) No tentacle rape.
8) It features like a whopping 2 SF4-exclusive characters. Beyond those 2 grudging appearances, it basically felt like SF2 fan-fiction.

Ok. So #7 is actually a plus. It couldn't be all bad, right?
Also, the bonus case that includes the soundtrack and blu ray disc... the slip cover was upside-down. Upside-down! I had to flip it myself!

PS - Flipping the slip cover was more enjoyable than the movie, when had approximately 65 minutes of blah blah blah. It was only 65 minutes in length, though going by the amount of actual animation there, it probably should only have been 30 minutes. ZING!

Anybody willing to sell me there copy the SF anime for $25(20 for the anime, 5 for shipping). PM me if you're interested in parting ways with it.

dankir

Fuck everybody here.

SAGAT IS THE SHIT!!

Fucking destroyed the Shoto scrubs!

Got my 10 ranked wins in a row already, 200 achievements points the first night!

FUCK i LOVE THIS GAME.... just wait till I get my TE stick. Then its on!!

Xevren

Good lord some of the time attack stuff gets crazy. Not being allowed to use special moves?! Ugh. Fei Long is on crack once that difficulty ramps up, and with no special moves its so hard to counter anything he does.

Raxus

dankir said:
Fuck everybody here.

SAGAT IS THE SHIT!!

Got my 10 ranked wins in a row already, 200 achievements points the first night!

Who here said he wasn't?

Sagat has always been badass.

jonah777

Um... this may have been asked before but, C. Viper's heavy kick into Emergency Combo... how the fuck? Dan will consistently block the emergency combo regardless of how fast I do it. Have any of you passed this?

Teknoman

Xevren said:
Good lord some of the time attack stuff gets crazy. Not being allowed to use special moves?! Ugh. Fei Long is on crack once that difficulty ramps up, and with no special moves its so hard to counter anything he does.

Get cheesy.

good lord I'm having a hell of a time doing a jump + heavy kick ---> crouch + heavy punch ---> hadoken ---> EX :lol

I can pull off the first two moves to where they turn red on the left side of the screen, but I can't seem to connect the hadoken to the crouch + heavy punch.

Ridli

So apparently you can't use your xbox 360 remote control for the pseudo-dvd that comes with the CE. Which I find kind of amusing.

MIMIC

Banned
It's really hard playing a player who is 99% defensive. (Block, wait til opponent jumps, hit, if opponent never jumps just keep blocking).

This type of person ruined my 1483 BP :(

Volcynika

MIMIC said:
It's really hard playing a player who is 99% defensive. (Block, wait til opponent jumps, hit, if opponent never jumps just keep blocking).

This type of person ruined my 1483 BP :(

I played against someone who was laggy as all hell, and he was really used to it but I wasn't. :(

-PXG-

dankir said:
It's awesome on the 360 :)

XBL wasn't so hot last night. I've only installed the game on my PS3. I haven't even played a single match. So yeah, It can't be me. Other XBL games work like a charm on my connection.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
wow, I suck. T_T Anyone having trouble with other player's bars/network connection rating not coming up (360)?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hmm... Chun Li is waaay nerfed. Cammy is quite good.

Just recently learned how to focus cancel and dash which I found pretty awesome =P.

DiddyBop

im using a custom arcade stick so i dont have trigger buttons to map 3K and 3P. you guys should trying doing it the hard way but pressing all three buttons,sooo much more satisfying pulling off an ultra that way.

Spike

Mejilan said:
1) The movie opens with endless blah blah blah, continues with endless blah blah blah, and ends with mercifully NOT endless blah blah blah.
2) There's no actual fighting.
3) The few "encounters" that occur, are basically like combinations of slide shows and cut/paste flash "animations" sans animations.
4) There's no actual fighting.
5) Blah blah blah.
6) No gratuitous Chun Li shower scene. (Though, apparently, Chun Li and Sakura OHKO two guards, strip down, and change to their usual outfits right there, together, in front of the two knocked out guards. Of course, the changing happens off screen.
7) No tentacle rape.
8) It features like a whopping 2 SF4-exclusive characters. Beyond those 2 grudging appearances, it basically felt like SF2 fan-fiction.

Ok. So #7 is actually a plus. It couldn't be all bad, right?
Also, the bonus case that includes the soundtrack and blu ray disc... the slip cover was upside-down. Upside-down! I had to flip it myself!

PS - Flipping the slip cover was more enjoyable than the movie, when had approximately 65 minutes of blah blah blah. It was only 65 minutes in length, though going by the amount of actual animation there, it probably should only have been 30 minutes. ZING!

:lol

Thanks for helping me choose the regular version! Much appreciated!

MIMIC

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
wow, I suck. T_T Anyone having trouble with other player's bars/network connection rating not coming up (360)?

I think it takes a while for them to show up. I only see the connection bars after I've done a custom search (which takes about 20 or 30 seconds)

LaneDS

I'm still terrible at the game but I like that for every 15 minute play session I put in I can feel myself nailing a move here or there that previously gave me trouble, and it's very rewarding. Have been trying to main Vega despite him apparently being not so great, but I might switch to Bison as he seems a little easier to play. Gotta keep my 20% win ratio going, and represent my Chicken title with pride.

Oh, and Zangief can go to hell. Goddamn.

Jirotrom

dankir said:
Fuck everybody here.

SAGAT IS THE SHIT!!

sagat is essentially a shoto... im so tired of that word and associating it with scrubs...

kenta

Has no PEINS
Is there any way to stay connected to a lobby once the fight is over? I keep getting thrown back to the menu but I'd like to stay playing against someone with a decent connection when I find one of the few

alr1ghtstart said:

yeah, others rarely show up.

Relix said:
Hmm... Chun Li is waaay nerfed. Cammy is quite good.

Just recently learned how to focus cancel and dash which I found pretty awesome =P.

I love Cammy, local playing I'm more of a Sakura user, online I'm more Cammy.

Cancel Dash is awesome :D

haunts said:
so some of my friends cant join games i create... anyone know whats up with this? :(

fix your firewall, easiest way is to DMZ your 360/ps3's IP.

edit:
Volcynika said:
Cammy lovers represent!

fuck yeah, shes my online main, I really need to play with her locally though so I can time some stuff right. I have timing done right with Sakura, I just cant get it to go right online.

haunts said:
so some of my friends cant join games i create... anyone know whats up with this? :(

make sure everyone has an open NAT (there's a way to check this thru the dashboard, but i forget where it's located). other than that, i dunno.

MIMIC

Banned
Speaking of Chun-Li...wtf happened to her? She's not nearly as nimble as she was in Alpha 3. Was she the same way in Third Strike? (I have limited experience with that game).

Top Bottom