• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Raxus

NameGenerated said:
Is that by a FADC? Whenever I absorb a fireball I get hit by the next when my FA goes out, I just end up losing life from both.
Fireball is an EX attack fireballs and any EX attack usually break through the "armor" a focus gives you.

Teknoman

haunts said:
Oh dude I love playing shotos and just rushing through fireballs with the focus and eating them alive. hahaha. i know most ppl havent seen it before so they must be like wtf. In return ive taught hella people how to use the focus over XBL.

Most people are trying...at least those that play with Abel and Fei long. Alot of people are getting EX attacks down. I've still gotta work on my timing for dashing through projectiles. I keep forgetting to double tap forward. End up just pressing forward.

Raxus

Raging Spaniard said:
So focus and dash forward on impact right? Im starting to get the timing down on that, I seriously suck at taking advantage of crumpling somebody with the focus though.
It takes getting used to but once you get your ultras and supers down or heck even your EX you can punish people who get crumpled.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Damn it fighting Fei Long is so freaking frustrating. He knocks me down then just does that stupid three punch combo over and over until KO, I have no chance to do anything once he starts cheesing that crap

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MarkMan said:
make it and put it under my name.

i was in the seat, i'll take the heat

!

lol, i am anti tier list for SFIV. :p

Raging Spaniard said:
So focus and dash forward on impact right? Im starting to get the timing down on that, I seriously suck at taking advantage of crumpling somebody with the focus though.

Yeah focus, absorb the attack then dash out. With the attack itself, if it hits and you get a crumple you have had to put the dash in before hand more or less. Sounds strange and feels strange, but you should always dash out of the actual focus attack. Just let it go and dash and dont worry about it, you will dash even if it does not come out immediately.

It took me like 2-3 months to follow up on crumples. >_>

you guys are so lucky all the info is just out there now. :lol

NameGenerated said:
Is that by a FADC? Whenever I absorb a fireball I get hit by the next when my FA goes out, I just end up losing life from both.

Yeah you got it, but really I wouldnt worry about doing that stuff unless you're really confident with your offense. Also keep in mindy ou can FADC a fireball backwards which is useful to build Revenge meter on the other side of the screen.

Teknoman

Raging Spaniard said:

I just throw them or jump hard kick/punch em. More or less a "free" hit for me until I learn how to get close enough...fast enough to use Fuerte's launch hard kick -> EX Guacamole throw. I always end up being far away enough to just dropkick.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Raxus said:
Fireball is an EX attack fireballs and any EX attack usually break through the "armor" a focus gives you.
I know but on regular fireballs, you FADC through all of them to get near the guy throwing them right?

jdub03

so when you get to akuma and beat him do you still have to fight seth. It always takes me a couple tries to beat him. I always have to use atleast one continue.

Teknoman

NameGenerated said:
I know but on regular fireballs, you FADC through all of them to get near the guy throwing them right?

Wouldnt you have to fill the super meter to do that? Or at least have a decent amount?

Raw64life

- Playing HD Remix to death is making it incredibly hard for me to time any kind of decent combo since the timing appears to be significantly different for most moves.

- The menu song somehow annoys me even more than when I first heard it, and I absolutely hated it when I first heard it. I've never cared for custom soundtracks in game and found it to be a relatively pointless feature, but if the feature allows me to change the menu song I'm all over it.

- I wanted to unlock all the extra characters as quickly as possible while still sticking with medium difficulty, and I was having trouble with Seth so I set every match to 1 round, 30 seconds. Seems to have done the trick.

- Not crazy about the graphics, but they could be worse I guess. A lot of characters just have a goofy kind of look to them, which I'm not a fan of. Overall so far, I like it, but not nearly as much as HD Remix. Maybe that will change as I play more.

Raxus

NameGenerated said:
Basically, it is mostly to get you in a good position to plan a punishing blow without fear of a DP like attack.

Ugh...I finally unlocked Akuma. One last two more characters to unlock and I'd be finished. The misses has been staying over so I haven't played as much as I'd like. She was on the comp so I couldn't play online matches. Instead I beat the game with almost everyone (lots of almost punching my HRAP3). All that's left is unlocking Gouken and Seth.

Raxus

Teknoman said:
Wouldnt you have to fill the super meter to do that? Or at least have a decent amount?
No a regular focus give you armor. An EX focus just charges are used for combos (for example ryu's DP ,EXFADC, Ultra)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
haunts said:
lol, i am anti tier list for SFIV. :p

Yeah focus, absorb the attack then dash out. With the attack itself, if it hits and you get a crumple you have had to put the dash in before hand more or less. Sounds strange and feels strange, but you should always dash out of the actual focus attack. Just let it go and dash and dont worry about it, you will dash even if it does not come out immediately.

It took me like 2-3 months to follow up on crumples. >_>

you guys are so lucky all the info is just out there now. :lol

Yeah Im starting to get the hang of it, once it clicks though itll be more second mnature.

With the crumple is always like "OMG" cause the guy is so open all of a sudden and I get the impression I NEED to make a super awesome combo. Im pretty EX happy so I usually dont have much super bar, but if I have an Ultra ready I usually take advantage of it, if not I tend to just sweep though :p

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Raging Spaniard said:
Yeah Im starting to get the hang of it, once it clicks though itll be more second mnature.

With the crumple is always like "OMG" cause the guy is so open all of a sudden and I get the impression I NEED to make a super awesome combo. Im pretty EX happy so I usually dont have much super bar, but if I have an Ultra ready I usually take advantage of it, if not I tend to just sweep though :p

haha man back when the game first dropped in the arcade, i remember that feeling like "FUCK YES TIME TO DIE!" then id do some wack like low medium and they would just flip over or something. lol.

Raxus

Heck I still don't have the new FADC down yet. I can follow up crumples allright with an ultra hado or DP but I still can't do what diego does with the ultra.

Mamesj

Banned
jdub03 said:
so when you get to akuma and beat him do you still have to fight seth. It always takes me a couple tries to beat him. I always have to use atleast one continue.

You fight Seth, then Akuma appears.

I played on Medium just to get a hang of the game, then switched to 1 Round/Easiest to unlock everyone. Save yourself the hassle of finding ways to exploit the CPU (since fighting them like they're a real player usually ends in death.)

how do you do an EX medium punch/kick attack? I'm doing the trial challenge or whatever and I have to perform these specific moves but I'm stuck on this one. I have to start with a heavy kick, no problem, but then I can't seem to finish it up with the move detailed above.

-PXG-

jon bones said:
PXG 30

i'm taking you off my xbox friends list. stop sending me messages about your life

Just ignore them :/ Not forcing you to open them. I get M2AF messages too a lot. ALL THE TIME. I ignore them.

But hey, sorry for being annoying. I just have a good amount of close friends on my list who need to know this shit. I just don't want to sift through everyone on my list.

Anyway, I might be on later tonight. I will be more than happy to have someone whoop my ass. I suck at this game :lol

Raxus

brandonh83 said:
how do you do an EX medium punch/kick attack? I'm doing the trial challenge or whatever and I have to perform these specific moves but I'm stuck on this one. I have to start with a heavy kick, no problem, but then I can't seem to finish it up with the move detailed above.
That is an EX focus. Just follow up with a focus (just press it do not hold) you will flash gold and tada!

Zapages

I was FADCing at a local gamestop that has the game on for the tournament for people to practice on before... Its so much fun when someone plays you and are like WTF was that... Then you teach them on how to do it... Its awesome... Some guy was just FADCing all the moves that I was throwing at him... But I got him eventually as he was fairly good by playing SFII HDR... Good times all around. :)

-PXG-

Are people having trouble performing Ultras with the FightPads. All other moves can be executed perfectly, but I have trouble doing Ultras. Most of the time, I will end up doing a Super.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Raxus said:
Heck I still don't have the new FADC down yet. I can follow up crumples allright with an ultra hado or DP but I still can't do what diego does with the ultra.

I find it to be a little harder online.. Online play has its own timing to a certain degree depending on the connection..

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dreams-Visions said:
Heavenly Hammer is my XBL tag. For those who'd like to try to end my 30 game win streak, I accept all challenges. and dish out all asswhoopin's.

Be careful what you wish for. lol.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Man, it's so tempting to use a Shoto back to these people online...but no, I'll stick to the Lucha.

<studies film>

Now, if I could only time the the Leg whip to bring shotos who hurricane kick down...

Teknoman

Raxus said:
No a regular focus give you armor. An EX focus just charges are used for combos (for example ryu's DP ,EXFADC, Ultra)

Oh, so just do a normal level 1 focus before the projectile hits, then dash forward right after impact?

Raxus

-PXG- said:
Are people having trouble performing Ultras with the FightPads. All other moves can be executed perfectly, but I have trouble doing Ultras. Most of the time, I will end up doing a Super.
If you have a button you don't use just bind all the kick or punch buttons to that one button. Makes ultras cake.

Dreams-Visions said:
Heavenly Hammer is my XBL tag. For those who'd like to try to end my 30 game win streak, I accept all challenges. and dish out all asswhoopin's.

It is now my intention to end your reign........

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Kintaro said:
Man, it's so tempting to use a Shoto back to these people online...but no, I'll stick to the Lucha.

<studies film>

Now, if I could only time the the Leg whip to bring shotos who hurricane kick down...

Yeah Ive given in to that temptation plenty.

1st fight I pick Chun Li, just to be different

The other guy picks Ken, he wins (barely!)

Im like 'aight, I pick Ryu, he choses Ken, I dominate

I try el Fuerte, guy choses Ken again, I lose

Im like 'aight, I pick Sagat, he choses Ken, I dominate again

etc etc

Tokubetsu

Jason said:
Really starting to like Rufus. My 3 wins online (out of like 20 matches) have come from him :lol

Rufus is GREAT for punishing KEN. Especially if they manage to whiff that ultra, just wait for the come down and just smack em with yours. I won two matches with ultra round wins each that way :lol

MIMIC

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:

30 games? Damn. I totally want a piece :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Over the weekend I'll try to finish all of Fuerte's trails and such. You get a great perspective now that you can play it and go back and watch these videos. I always thought this guy was kind of frantic, but he's really patient...

spoon!

YES I FINALLY HAVE IT IT RELEASES HERE TOMORROW BUT ITS HERE WOO
FIRST THING I DID WAS PLAY ONLINE 4 BARS IS GREAT OMG
NOW IM INSTALLING AND THE SONG IS REALLY TERRIBAD WOWOWOW

Top Bottom