• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Raxus

Quite honestly you need an arcade stick to perform half the actions they ask for in challenge mode. I just quit and honed my skill in time attack and survival.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
jmonteiro said:
Do you know where can I find those rankings? I want to choose a character to play with but I'm not sure which one...
I wouldn't even look at the tier lists if you're just starting out, because they assume that you already know how to use all the characters. You can't really main someone until you've tried them all out first. So don't get too attached to one character yet.

Teknoman

BobLoblaw said:
Just finished my first full night of Live ranked SF4. So far, it's lag free. The only issue is (and I'm trying to not be an ass) competition. Do you guys think that most people have just never played street fighter before? I won 30 and loss 3, but I was using the same combination of moves as I did in SF2. Could it be the controller (I happen to be using it to) that's taking getting used to? Great game overall, though! Also, why are 9/10 people picking Ken? :lol

Edited for English.

Who were you using?

LordK

Wii Will Rock U said:
FUCK SETH.

Seriously, FUCK HIM.

I've been trying to beat arcade on medium with Crimson Viper for 2 hours.

Haha, if you take a look at how "often I've used characters," Viper is at the top with 16... but only because I kept dying on Seth with her. Everyone else is like 2 and 1...

Jonsoncao

Banned
drohne said:
the way i do it is d, df, f, d, df+hp, f+mp -- actually pretty easy once you get the timing
Hi, drohne, I have another noob question

how to connect heavy punch with this combo, cuz once i heavy punched Dan, it knocked me away a little bit, when i am doing this combo, it doesnt count any moar....

thanks

Raxus

SapientWolf said:
I wouldn't even look at the tier lists if you're just starting out, because they assume that you already know how to use all the characters. You can't really main someone until you've tried them all out first. So don't get too attached to one character yet.
Quite honestly you all put it best, play someone you have fun with. In VF5 I played El Blaze because he was a blast to play as (wish I could say Fuerte was the same) and in SFIV I love playing a good chunk of the characters. I may actually play Sakura for shits and giggles. It is still hilarious to beat the shit out of someone with Dan.

Teknoman

slayn said:
Why is it so very hard to play against people that are so very bad.
Its like I freeze up when faced with stupidity.

Got to about 7 wins in a row but before that I lost to possible the worst ken I've ever seen.

when I look at player record, is that recording unranked matches as well? Because I have a 61% win percentage but for ranked I think that should be a lot higher. Most of my losses have come from gaf people I play.

lol same happens to me. Not so much after I asked for advice here and checked Haunts El Fuerte tips.

Hope for more news on the upcoming "championship" patch...hoping it adds multi person lobbies with spectating for player matches.

Also is there no way to use rival themes aside from encountering them in Arcade mode?

Oh and reposting the idea of a GAF online SFIV friday night beatdown.

-PXG-

Haven't had much time to play (work, GF and bullshit drama at home). But the moments in which I got to play....GLORIOUS!!!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Jonsoncao said:
Hi, drohne, I have another noob question

how to connect heavy punch with this combo, cuz once i heavy punched Dan, it knocked me away a little bit, when i am doing this combo, it doesnt count any moar....

thanks

i don't know of any special trick to it -- you just have to get the srk in quickly after the hp

Teknoman

BobLoblaw said:
Guile/Ken/Chun Li. Not comfortable enough to break out the newer characters just yet. :D

Ah thats why then. :lol I think I messed myself up by not jumping in with Ryu,Ken, or Blanka, and just heading into Arcade (requests on) with El Fuerte.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ferrio said:
So is it just me or does doing combos seem.... "off" compared to previous SF games?

Just different timing really... Ive found you can do a lot of the combos a lot slower than you think and they still connect. Like Balrogs c.lp x2, c.lk into head butt is pretty damn slow imo.

Ferrio

Banned
haunts said:
Just different timing really... Ive found you can do a lot of the combos a lot slower than you think and they still connect. Like Balrogs c.lp x2, c.lk into head butt is pretty damn slow imo.

Ya that's one of the exact combos. It should be fucking simple but the head button isn't coming out most the time.

Raxus

haunts said:
1up asked me to make a tier list and I responded with a "no way in hell". LOL.
I think a general strength's and weaknesses is all you need anyway so a player knows what he is getting involved with.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ferrio said:
Ya that's one of the exact combos. It should be fucking simple but the head button isn't coming out most the time.

Well in Street Fighter 4 you cant cancel a special from a light move in a chained combo, you have to link it. So that sounds weird really, but using Balrogs example, you can chain the c.lp x2 but you have to link the c.lk for it to be able to cancel into the headbutt. So essentially, just slow the combo down and you should get it.

nib95

Banned
w00t just got the "Playing to Win!" Silver trophy! 10 online Ranked wins in a row! Me, a silly SF n00b, 10 wins in a row? Who'd have thought! I think I've really grown with Ken now. I'm winning nearly every fight I play.

hanzo

Banned
Anyone have a purple haze show up on their tv when it fades away after a round? I am using component cables. Does HDMI make it look that much better?

Raxus

nib95 said:
w00t just got the "Playing to Win!" Silver trophy! 10 online Ranked wins in a row! Me, a silly SF n00b, 10 wins in a row? Who'd have thought! I think I've really grown with Ken now. I'm winning nearly every fight I play.
Does anyone use focus attack online? Seriously.

Azih

Yeah, Zangief is like a brick walll when trying to finish the story mode with all characters. Especially since I haven't gotten a fight pad yet and charge moves are just impossible to do.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Raxus said:

Oh dude I love playing shotos and just rushing through fireballs with the focus and eating them alive. hahaha. i know most ppl havent seen it before so they must be like wtf. In return ive taught hella people how to use the focus over XBL.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey if you send me an invite online and I dont respond, its just cause IM unlocking single player stuff, so dont take it personal :D

Of the new guys, Im really liking all of them, so I think Ill focus heavily on Fuerte, Abel and Viper when I have the chance, really good stuff.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
haunts said:
Oh dude I love playing shotos and just rushing through fireballs with the focus and eating them alive. hahaha. i know most ppl havent seen it before so they must be like wtf. In return ive taught hella people how to use the focus over XBL.
Is that by a FADC? Whenever I absorb a fireball I get hit by the next when my FA goes out, I just end up losing life from both.

-PXG-

Sorry for the M2AF messages on Live. Just sick of that shit.

Anyway, at work, we set the game to CPU vs CPU, 7 rounds and "hardest" difficulty. Man....El Fuerte was on CRACK :lol

MGrant

hanzo said:
Anyone have a purple haze show up on their tv when it fades away after a round? I am using component cables. Does HDMI make it look that much better?

Man I've got some purple haze and SF4 is awesome, man. It's like, reality: we're all just fighting until we win or fall down, man.

To answer your question I haven't noticed any. Try other games where a fade to black happens?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Raxus said:
I've seen people trying to use fully charged focus attacks on wakeup. That's about it. I have yet to see an FADC. Not one. Ever.

Part of the problem is, I think, getting the crumple from an FA doesn't feel that tasty until you have a good combo with your character that you can pull off comfortably. Before that its intimidating.

Even now as blanka when I dizzy someone I find myself just biting them out of tradition even though the bite kind of blows now.

Raxus

haunts said:
Exactly, not just that but people that go for the kick/DP ken combo just get a face full of fist and get crumpled :) then you can show them a REAL shoto.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
haunts said:

So focus and dash forward on impact right? Im starting to get the timing down on that, I seriously suck at taking advantage of crumpling somebody with the focus though.

Top Bottom