• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Etelmik

Neo Member
I'm loving using Fuerte and Rose on all these Shotos.

Absorb, absorb, absorb, ex, reflect, ex, absorb, absorb, absorb...oh, you're going to jump in now are you? ^_^

Odrion

Banned
Also yeah fuck Ken I enabled arcade invite and fought three times all were Ken and my Rufus was like "FUCK YOU KEN" and I disabled it so I can get tackled by Abel over and over. <3

I REALLY need a Madcatz pad for this, the amount accidental jumping that's occurring is making me cry. Fuck you Amazon for being out of stock. >:[

Pachinko

Guys, there is a plus side to everyone picking ken, if you can figure out how to beat him, these people will never beat you ;P

I didn't even go online yet, played a bunch of vs with some friends and we all had some fun. I definetly need to get a stick though. controller is really showing it's limits.

IJoel

Is it only my 360, or does saving takes a relatively long amount of time. Also checking the dashboard while playing the game sometimes freezes the screen for 10 or so seconds. I have the game installed... I wonder if that makes any difference.

Snaku

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Why do people even bother pretending like they're gonna pick anyone else beside ken and ryu?

That was puzzling me too. They will sit there and cycle through most of the roster before making a b-line for Ryu/Ken. Stop being coy, and let's get on with it.:lol

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
My very first online match was against Abel, the only one I've seen yet, but he got me curious so I tried him out and now he's my main. So awesome.

Chorazin

Tokubetsu said:
Why do people even bother pretending like they're gonna pick anyone else beside ken and ryu?

God, I fucking hate when they do that. ESPECIALLY when the motherfucker has a Ken or Ryu Title picture.

I fought about 30 matches tonight. I fought one Zangief, one Sagat, one Chun-Li, one Fei Long, one Sakura, two Akumas, and the rest were Ken/Ryu. Fucking annoying fighting the same character over and over.

Also, Balrog? <3 him. I never played him before but tonight I was playing through his Arcade mode and kept getting challenged, so I kept playing with him. I think he's my new favorite character. I was getting so frustrated with my skills with Chun-Li that Balrog is a breath of fresh air.

IJoel said:
Also checking the dashboard while playing the game sometimes freezes the screen for 10 or so seconds. I have the game installed... I wonder if that makes any difference.

That's been a problem for many with the NXE, not necessarily specific to any game, and happen sporadically.

TP

IJoel said:
Is it only my 360, or does saving takes a relatively long amount of time. Also checking the dashboard while playing the game sometimes freezes the screen for 10 or so seconds. I have the game installed... I wonder if that makes any difference.

Saving has started to take a few more seconds for me too. It was faster yesterday and I installed as soon as I got home. It's not a big deal but its annoying

I game plays amazing. Dare I say this is definitely the best playing Street Fighter ever? FOr some reason it reminds me a Street Fighter 3 with a dash of EX. This game is absolutely awesome.

Xabora

gray_fox224 said:
My thumbs...
Get some Thumb Condoms.
latex_1_113.jpg

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
lawl, I have my title and icon both set to Ryu (finished all his Hard Trial Mode challenges) so people think I'm gonna pick Ryu... and are probably thrown off when I pick Honda. :lol

Jirotrom said:
its hard at first... and you have to be willing to lose because of it but the benefits are great. dont give up.

yeah i guess you can say its anxiety when things start to get crazy in a match. I go through the training and can pull off combos, but then going to play arcade or playing somone online ill try to do a move(i have only tried using sagat) and i lose at the very end cuz i dont pull off any of the moves i was doing previously. Not to mention how I hate the last boss. I want to try and find a pad tomorw. but it seems you guys say its actually not as good as a joystick. Tonight i tried the joystick in my lap, instead of the table. I dont want to break the table because the soul calibur 4 stick moves around alot. Do you guys keep your fingers on the punch buttons, and go down to kicks but back up to punch buttons, i tend to just use one finger for all three and jump around pressin them.

Kayas

Neo Member
Finally got it today after waiting 2 days for Walmart to get it in and then tell me "duhhh, who knows man", said fuck them then drove 45 miles away to gamestop to get the damn thing.

Worth all the hassle though, this game is so bad ass and I've barely scratched the surface. I only wish I had two sticks, the controllers work, but damn it would be nice to have full control.

Arde5643

Etelmik said:
I'm loving using Fuerte and Rose on all these Shotos.

Absorb, absorb, absorb, ex, reflect, ex, absorb, absorb, absorb...oh, you're going to jump in now are you? ^_^
I think nothing pisses people more than you just neutral jumping on a fireball. :lol

Absorb, absorb, neutral jump, absorb, absorb, neutral jump.
By the time they get tired of fireballing you and started to move closer, you almost have enough for an ultra.:lol

Jirotrom

TrAcEr_x90 said:
yeah i guess you can say its anxiety when things start to get crazy in a match. I go through the training and can pull off combos, but then going to play arcade or playing somone online ill try to do a move(i have only tried using sagat) and i lose at the very end cuz i dont pull off any of the moves i was doing previously. Not to mention how I hate the last boss. I want to try and find a pad tomorw. but it seems you guys say its actually not as good as a joystick. Tonight i tried the joystick in my lap, instead of the table. I dont want to break the table because the soul calibur 4 stick moves around alot. Do you guys keep your fingers on the punch buttons, and go down to kicks but back up to punch buttons, i tend to just use one finger for all three and jump around pressin them.
i keep my fingers in the middle and hop back and forth

Hey MarkMan, have you tried playing SF4 with one of your VSHGs yet? Do you have trouble with Zangief's Lariat or Vega's somersault moves? If so, I may get mine Cthulhu'd.

kuYuri

Askia47 said:
Brawler pack costumes. Like for characters like zangief.

Meh.

I think I'm just going to cancel my CE order at Newegg. Taking too long to ship. Maybe my local Best Buy might have some left, but if not, I'll just pick up standard.

Odrion

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Anyone else just hate Rufus's character design? He just looks so stupid and out of place.
I dunno, I think it's more iconic than anything. I can't stop playing him thou :[

also chun li has nips lol

So any more general tips for El Fuerte? Keep 'em coming. I was something like 20-8 online when I was playing as Balrog, Blanka, and Ryu. Now I'm something like 22-30 since I've been using El Fuerte online. Real free fall there. Thanks Ken/Akuma players!

dfyb

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
Do you guys keep your fingers on the punch buttons, and go down to kicks but back up to punch buttons, i tend to just use one finger for all three and jump around pressin them.
my fingers each have an idle position -- i built my custom stick to work with my hand like that (i basically just rest my hand there and they all fit into place :p). index finger on LP, middle finger MP, ring finger on HP, thumb on LK, pinky on HK -- only time i have to shift hand is for reaching MK or 3xK.

My Viper is starting to get a lot better. Was a tough road at first, since getting beat by bad kens makes me want to give up Viper and just destroy them with my own ken.

I've had a lot of really awesome bouts with people over the player match too. Usually always goes like 10-20 fights before we move on.

Also, for some reason, people have a hard time blocking when they're getting up if they're half-way across the screen from you. A couple players I just Seismo'd as they got up over and over and over until they rage quit.

NameGenerated said:
Anyone else just hate Rufus's character design? He just looks so stupid and out of place.

FU.gif

I played about 30 matches tonight and went from 200BP to 600BP. I'm starting to get really comfortable with Rufus. And I STILL haven't encountered another one. So if you fought Rufus lately, it was probably me, lol (GT: Billy Crystals). I have major problems with Sagat and Zangeif...but luckily they dont picked too often.

If I didn't have work tomorrow I could literally stay up all night playing.

copybeaver said:
Hm. I hopped online for the first time. Out of 4 matches, no Kens. 2 Ryus, 1 Sagat, 1 Sakura.

Yeah it does seem to slowly be getting a little more varied. Hell, Ken is my favorite SF character and I've refused to pick him online since I've had the game because I am tired of fighting them. Maybe other people are starting to do the same.

Xevren

Chorazin said:
Hahah, so true:

2vabe39ph6.jpg

:lol

So true, my last 10 opponents were all Ken. I don't really care though, I haven't lost to a Ken yet. I've lost to one Ryu though, my only shoto loss. 70-6 yay!

I REALLY hope spectators get patched in, had alot of fun playing with buddies tonight, but it sucks having to have people in chat waiting instead of just being able to watch and rotate out.

Top Bottom