• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

magus

Online play on the PS3 is great. I've had no problems all night and I'm getting tons of games. So many infact that I can't finish a single round of arcade :lol.

Barrett2

magus said:
Online play on the PS3 is great. I've had no problems all night and I'm getting tons of games. So many infact that I can't finish a single round of arcade :lol.

Same, I had to turn it off I kept getting so many damn challengers, most of whom were laughably bad and cheap.

darkpaladinmfc said:
Does anybody know where I can get the HRAP EX from? I am in the UK and I can only get it for about £150+, Play-Asia has it for £106 but with £50 shipping... Amazon US won't ship to the UK, and on Ebay they are £160. I would be willing to go up to about £125.
I can haz help plz? :(

GrayFoxPL

Every new post in this thread is like a punch to the balls.
:(

Still didn't get a mail that my game got shipped. I already mailed them.

Fuck I'll be mad if I won't get it before weekend. :mad:

Btw. They sold out all first shipment, but I preordered it before it happened..

TimeKillr

Xater said:
2 Questions:

How does the Fake Kick from Sagat work? The description kinda sucks.

Is there a trick to the super combo motion for Zangief? I can't pull it of....

Yeah, that's a funny move.

I set the turbo on my HRAP3 and even then it only pulled the Fake Kick half the time :)

You just gotta hit the Heavy Kick button twice in INSANELY RAPID succession. I have to use 2 fingers rolling on my sanwa buttons to pull it off. It's *almost* as hard as Akira's knee :)

In the meantime, I have a question! I'm trying to beat all the Trials (especially for the new characters) and I'm stuck at C. Viper's 4th trial. A very specific combo I just can't figure out for the life of me...

Focus Attack -> EX Thunder Knuckle -> Burst Time

My problem is how the hell can the EX Thunder Knuckle hit after the Focus Attack? It takes so long to come out that the opponent is already on the ground by the time it starts...

I tried all 3 different levels of Focus Attack and none worked. My only hunch is that you have to cancel the EX Thunder Knuckle (doing PP) then doing the Ultra, but I don't see the point of that combo (especially since I could combo into Burst Time directly from the Focus Attack)...

And what Seth said is right - some of the NORMAL trials would be impossible to beat on a pad. Seriously, unless you were incredibly fast, I don't see how you'd be able to do some of the quicker ones, such as Sagat's J. HK, MP, EX High Tiger Shot, EX Tiger Uppercut. I had to do some SERIOUS buffering to get the Tiger Uppercut to hit on my stick.

Anyone in Europe had their TE stick dispatched yet? My orders changed from 'Order Placed' to 'Pre-order' and now there's a note up on the site I ordered from about limited stock from MadCatz & sticks being sent out on a first-come, first-served basis ;(

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Naked Snake said:
Just received an email from Bestbuy.com saying my CE copy which I preordered on 1/29 is backordered! NOOOooooooooo :(

That sucks. And to think I didn't pre-order but walked into a store and bought one.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Installed and all work done.

Time to go unlock the characters, and just from reading the posts here about Seth, im already pissed :lol

Won

Finally beat Seth. Already considered returning the game, buying a vacuum cleaner from the money, flying to Japan and suck some eyeballs from some Capcom heads just to show them how unfun that is!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Kandrick said:

Time to go unlock the characters, and just from reading the posts here about Seth, im already pissed :lol

I don't think anyone is bothering to unlock Seth.

Guled

Kandrick said:

all you need to do is set to rounds to one and just H.kick or H.punch, on easiest of course

zoukka

Won said:
Finally beat Seth. Already considered returning the game, buying a vacuum cleaner from the money, flying to Japan and suck some eyeballs from some Capcom heads just to show them how unfun that is!

New to fighters?

Kildace

Won said:

It took me around 2 hours (on easy, I suck). I finally beat him when I realized that Street Fighter wasn't just about mashing specials. I actually didn't do a single special attack when I finally beat him :D

Guled said:
all you need to do is set to rounds to one and just H.kick or H.punch, on easiest of course
and set rounds to 30 seconds, it's even faster

unlocking is such bullshit, but this at least makes it bearable

what happened to SF3 and SF2 where the only unlockables were boss characters or alt colors?

was the unlocking choice made to appeal to casuals?

Canti

Bootaaay said:
Anyone in Europe had their TE stick dispatched yet? My orders changed from 'Order Placed' to 'Pre-order' and now there's a note up on the site I ordered from about limited stock from MadCatz & sticks being sent out on a first-come, first-served basis ;(
Mine has been dispatched (UK), ordered from Amazon.co.uk on the first day they went up (although they sold out pretty quick) in mid January.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Soooooooo many rage quitters :lol

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
TimeKillr said:
In the meantime, I have a question! I'm trying to beat all the Trials (especially for the new characters) and I'm stuck at C. Viper's 4th trial. A very specific combo I just can't figure out for the life of me...

Focus Attack -> EX Thunder Knuckle -> Burst Time

My problem is how the hell can the EX Thunder Knuckle hit after the Focus Attack? It takes so long to come out that the opponent is already on the ground by the time it starts... .

Dash forward after the FA hits.

Just got to the last trial with Gen, holy shit. That's definitely going to have to wait until my stick, and even then...

Are you seriously meant to cancel HHS into super? Christ, the c.lp -> mp is tricky enough as it is, and you just know you'll screw up the timing on that final kick if you ever get to it.

RubxQub

_dementia said:
question: do you get the win in that scenario?
Doesn't appear so. I don't see any BP being added, so unless it's being done behind the scenes, it wouldn't seem like anything happens as a result.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Alright, which version should I go with – X360 or PS3? Someone said to me that the PS3 has a lower framerate than the X360, is that true?

Well with the lack of a really good lobby system, if you are going to play with a bunch of friends online I can't imagine doing it without the 360 Party Chat.

zoukka

RubxQub said:
Doesn't appear so. I don't see any BP being added, so unless it's being done behind the scenes, it wouldn't seem like anything happens as a result.

What! That's like a gamebreaker unless fixed.

Volcynika

As far as online players, I've only met ONE Ken. Amazing. Met an array of players, though the most annoying was a Gief who kept doing this side green flame punch ( I have no clue) and then trying to throw me. (I totally owned him without losing a round)

Barely any lag except for that one Fei Long that beat me!

ominae

drohne said:
the way i do it is d, df, f, d, df+hp, f+mp -- actually pretty easy once you get the timing

omfg, makes it heaps easier - I was (slowly) pulling the combo off by, hp, f, d, df, hp, f, d, df, f, hp - pain in the ass :/

Is there a place to find more tricks like these??

Alski

I work for M$ marketing! Hi!
Kintaro said:
It is an oversight, but while you don't get the win or points, they get a loss. Should really give you BP though.

Getting a loss for a dropped game is shitty. There should be "Dropped Game" Stat so that players can identify the a$$hats immediately, and contrary there should be a "Win by Quit" Stat

rager

Banned
I have been getting tons of disconnects on my end and many players with no bars. I am wondering if there is something wrong with my connection? I am on FIOS so I don't get it.

ShinAmano

A couple of minor things...
First I wish in challenge mode you could hit a 'show me' button to see how the combo works...the hard level is HARD.
Next is there a strategy for fighting Abel? He is tearing me up.
Finally is there a way to see just ranked win/loss records? I think I am around 40-7 (All random selects) but it is mixed in with player matches where I play with friends and try to go easy on them ;)

RubxQub

Heh...I seem to fight 99% Ken's.

Ken > Ken > Ken > Ryu > Abel > Ken > Ryu > Cammy > Ken > Ken > Bison > Ken

...seems like America has picked their boy!

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
lawblob said:
God, the training mode is really weak. I can't believe they don't show you how to do combos, or have the moves on screen without having to pause every time. Pretty big oversight.
Hit back/select...

Volcynika

ShinAmano said:
A couple of minor things...
First I wish in challenge mode you could hit a 'show me' button to see how the combo works...the hard level is HARD.

Yeah, when X-Play's review mentioned that, I went to try hard trial myself and yeah, there needs to be like a demo this combo button or something.

for people having trouble with the special moves, keep in mind that it's allot more lee-way here in your motion speed and timing of the button press at the end

a Half-Circle is not truley a Half-Circle.. it is allot less than that, it's really lenient

pick up Zangief in Street Fighter IV... then go back to the Street Fighter IIs, then you will see what I am talking about.

the specials in SF4 are more forgiving... a little TOO forgiving for my tastes when it comes to Bison because if you hit too many corners during his ULTRA, you may accidently Teleport KICK which is a pisser (because I have the habbit of press charge back imidiatly after doing a charge move)

so I trained myself to keep my direction forward to avoid the teleport for this move and I stopped press BACK right away after the ULTRA

Pezking

Bootaaay said:

Not dispatched yet, but amazon.co.uk charged my credit card and changed the status of my order:

Items dispatching soon:
Delivery estimate: 23 Feb 2009 - 24 Feb 2009

* 1 of: Mad Catz PS3 Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition (PS3)

But my second order, which I had placed one day before I preordered the TE-Stick, is still not being prepared:

Items not yet dispatched:
Delivery estimate: 23 Feb 2009 - 24 Feb 2009

* 1 of: Mad Catz PS3 Wireless Street Fighter IV FightPad - Chun-Li (PS3)
Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L.
* 1 of: Street Fighter IV - Collectors Edition (PS3)
* 1 of: Mad Catz PS3 Wireless Street Fighter IV FightPad - Ryu (PS3)

The estimated shipping date is still today, but my other order with the TE-Stick is ready to be dispatched since last night - so I'm still a bit worried...

fin

I so wanted to call in sick for work today...

Online mode, is it limited to two players? No quarter up mode?

I'm loving it, although the number of people playing as Ken online is a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom