• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Darkman M said:
http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-02-2009-10574.html

Capcom has announced details of the Championship Mode expansion pack for Street Fighter IV, to be released free of charge post launch.

Street Fighter IV's Championship Mode Expansion Pack will include:

Replay Mode - Record, upload, and download top matches to share with the Street Fighter IV community. Players can analyse top tiered fighters matches, leave voter feedback for others, and share their own triumphant victories.

New Points System - Two new points systems to measure your skill (Championship and Tournament Points)

Enhanced Tournament Matching System - Skill level matching system offers improved tournament match making for beginners and mid-level players. Competitors earn Grade Points (GP) to earn entry into more advanced tournaments.

In addition to the Championship Mode Pack, Capcom has also announced a host of DLC alternate costume packs. The packs are grouped by themes and will be available for 320 MS points on Xbox 360 or £2.72 / €3.84 on PlayStation 3 post launch.

Don't know for sure that this will add spectator, but we can hope.

Masta_Killa-No_Said_Date_Proper_Ret.jpg
:(

bardia

I used to love fighting games but i have NOT played any in the longest time ever. I want to get into SFIV but there's no way i'm playing with dual shock. I know about the Sega Saturn PC Controller, are there any good CHEAP sticks for PS3? Around the $30-50? Or should i stick with the sega controller.

Finally unlocked the first 6 characters, man that was a total bitch. The last two I needed to beat the game with was Chun Li and Crimson Viper. After half an hour of getting my ass handed to me, I used a turtle strategy of just backing up and hoping I can land some sweep kicks and survive till time ran out(I changed the timer to 30 seconds). Thank goodness I got that done before I went to bad, my thumb is hurting and it needs rest. Now to try and get Gouki, Gouken, and Seth tomorrow. That's going to be a pain in the ass to, but at least Ryu is the required player(yep, I'm one of those guys)

keanerie

Ferrio said:
Also I'm disappointed with Balrog. He's not the same crazy rushdown machine he was. Hell TAP doesn't seem even worth it anymore.

I never charge it past 1, and that's only if I'm like "hey, TAP is still here...maybe I'll use it, okay this sucks, going to release it now" but who knows maybe there's a way to make it effective.

Aside from that though I'm still digging Rog...wish he was a bit faster is all.

zoukka

So is this game playable with DS3? I mean in T5DR I never had any real problems playing with a pad, though it doesn't demand as much quarters as SF right?

mYm|17|

Rice-Eater said:
Finally unlocked the first 6 characters, man that was a total bitch. The last two I needed to beat the game with was Chun Li and Crimson Viper. After half an hour of getting my ass handed to me, I used a turtle strategy of just backing up and hoping I can land some sweep kicks and survive to till ran out(I changed the timer to 30 seconds). Thank goodness I got that done before I went to bad, my thumb is hurting and it needs rest. Now to try and get Gouki, Gouken, and Seth tomorrow. That's going to be a pain in the ass to, but at least Ryu is the required player(yep, I'm one of those guys)

I did that same thing as you. I just kept doing sweeps on Seth when I found some openings and kept away from him as much as possible

Jirotrom

HankScorpio said:
mothafuckas who just do hadoukens and dragon punches all day. I wish I can record this shit
beat them... if you play them alot they get predictable... I dont think i've lost to a single shoto user... just grapplers, and charge characters.

zoukka said:
So is this game playable with DS3? I mean in T5DR I never had any real problems playing with a pad, though it doesn't demand as much quarters as SF right?

I only play with the DS3, its fine IMO

Jirotrom said:
beat them... if you play them alot they get predictable... I dont think i've lost to a single shoto user... just grapplers, and charge characters.

ya, I've beaten a good amount of them, its just those few. Then I get a string of Ken's and it pisses me off so I get all mad and lose focus, now Im down to 374bp lol.

DogWelder

-COOLIO- said:
same here

about 60 losses in a row i think

maybe more
LOL, you serious? Why not practice some moves in training mode?

I've been playing online and I've been getting much of the same as you guys. Shotos and Sagat. I play as Dhalsim.

Caj814

Jirotrom said:
how do you wake up in this game?

Because of EX moves the Piano key method doesn't really work,but it doesn't have to.:lol
All you need to do is keep doing your wake up move while pressing a single button and it should always come out as a reversal since the window is much bigger than STs in comparison.

Shouta

Jirotrom said:
how do you wake up in this game?

Isn't it LP/LK on landing? Been awhile since I played the arcade version so I can't recall.

Anyway, how's the online? specifically for the PS3? I'm thinking I should pick it up tomorrow or something.

Edit: Thinking instant recovery (i.e. get up as soon as you're knocked down.) Blegh

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The second DLC costume pack (beauty pack) is up on the Japanese PSN store and is about to be up on the Japanese XBL, for anyone who buys stuff on those accounts.

I got points on my Live account so 360 is a lock for costumes but I think I might wait on the U.S. dates for PS3.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I can't wait for the game to flesh out and people start using different characters. I have like 130 wins and 15 losses 89% with 2k BP. I don't even consider myself great but a decent player. So easy to beat the Ken/Ryu noobs though

RedAssedApe

Banned
Shouta said:
Isn't it LP/LK on landing? Been awhile since I played the arcade version so I can't recall.

Anyway, how's the online? specifically for the PS3? I'm thinking I should pick it up tomorrow or something.

Edit: Thinking instant recovery (i.e. get up as soon as you're knocked down.) Blegh

I believe its just tap down twice like in third strike

SLYspyda

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Finally going to sleep. I started to unlock the characters...

Still have Fei Long and Cammy before the bosses. Easiest really is a cake walk.

I also finished the game on the hardest level with Ken without losing a round.

So far I'd say Dhalsim, Crimson Viper and El Fuerte are the most complicated characters.

The basic combos are way to easy to do in this game. Dictator's scissor kick jump in combo is possible.

And Guile definitely didn't get any love...

The graphics are awesome.

The anime endings are retarded...Alpha 2 still stands as the only Street Fighter game with decent endings (A3 was okay too).

Wow, I'm curious to hear what difficulty levels people are comfortable with. I consider myself a good SF player and medium was a challenge.

Xevren

SLYspyda said:
Wow, I'm curious to hear what difficulty levels people are comfortable with. I consider myself a good SF player and medium was a challenge.

It depends on who I am. I almost beat it on the hardest difficulty without losing with Guile but I had to continue against Abel.

Momar

aka Ryder
Not sure if this is a common problem. Been playing on 360, and whenever i check a person's "signal", it shows me nothing but a flashing little logo. However, the connections are just fine. Ehhh?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So... are u supposed to be able to execute Gief's supers without jumping? I have never played with him once ever in my 15 year SF career :(

Shouta

Baby Milo said:
ive played about 100 matches tonight and maybe two at the most were laggy

smooth as hell other than that

Nice, I may have to pick this up tomorrow then. Goddamn my wallet is gonna cry.

Jtrizzy

Wow, I've logged 6 hours since I got the game this afternoon. I am just now learning some of the more complicated moves. I'm still having trouble with the FACD. Some of the trials are really hard as well, I can't get past a certain point on a few of them.

The game is fucking awesome though.

SLYspyda said:
i eventually got down to playing medium without any continues. haven't tried any harder than that.

medium is actually fairly easy, though. :lol

Cloudy

Banned
The game is very fun and the madcatz pad is great. Either it's a bit forgiving with quarter-circle moves or I'm much better than I remembered :D

How do I unlock Sakura?

Xevren

Cloudy said:
The game is very fun and the madcatz pad is great. Either it's a bit forgiving with quarter-circle moves or I'm much better than I remembered :D

How do I unlock Sakura?

Beat it with Ryu.

dfyb

Banned
_tetsuo_ said:
So... are u supposed to be able to execute Gief's supers without jumping? I have never played with him once ever in my 15 year SF career :(
not without buffing them within something else. you can dash and do the command in there and execute a super/ultra w/o jumping. s.HK is an attack you can buff it into. in reality, you don't have to do the whole 720 inside the buffer move -- you can do a 360 and then do a 270 like you would normally do an SPD on land.

Momar

aka Ryder
Bah, there's gotta be something I'm missing. Online is freaking broken on my 360. First of all, the only way for me to join a match is through creating my own match. Second of all, even when I do that, when a person joins, I just get the flashing antenna logo, so I have no freaking clue what's going on. Something is wrong with my connection/router, because I'm also getting a ton of laggy games. Help?

Xater

2 Questions:

How does the Fake Kick from Sagat work? The description kinda sucks.

Is there a trick to the super combo motion for Zangief? I can't pull it of....

Top Bottom