• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I hate waiting around to see if people I invite to a game are actually going to accept
just join already :(

it would be nice if it would at least prompt the person with a yes/no and notify me if they decline.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Keikoku said:
I love this game but goddam I really suck. This is truly frustrating, I can't even beat the arcade mode on normal. I know how to perform each combos for Ken but I am not able to use them properly. Can you guys recommend me a good character for a beginner ? I've been thinking about Zangief.

right with ya. I win 1 out of every 5 rounds on medium...maybe.

pancakesandsex said:
Having trouble with Rufus in challenge mode. I cannot figure out the timing on the 3rd challenge trial for the cancels.

I need to:

--> Heavy Punch
--> Heavy Galactic Tornado

Help.

Hold HP, QCF, release HP but continue to hold forward. Done.

Signing on to XBlive in a few.

Xevren

slayn said:
I hate waiting around to see if people I invite to a game are actually going to accept
just join already :(

it would be nice if it would at least prompt the person with a yes/no and notify me if they decline.

Eh, check if they're in a game. If they are wait a few minutes so they dont have to quit out right in the middle. I've had a few invites but I was already in a ranked match and I didn't want to take a loss just to join.

MrOctober said:
Let me just vent my frustration with the fucking ps3 controller. I'm playing people online (90 percent of them are Ryu, you fucking pussies) and i get my special moves to work maybe 60 percent of the time. I can't play defensively because I can't count on anything I do to actually work. And I cant play offensively because you can see what I'm going to do a mile ahead of time since it doesn't work the first 3 times I try it.

FUCK YOU PS3 CONTROLLER, FUCK YOU A MILLION TIMES!! I hate you with all my heart and I hate the way people who are not as good as me easily beat me online because you suck so much shit. I hope whoever decided to release the SF4 fight sticks AFTER the game comes out dies on their daughters wedding day. Fuck you.

thats a little fucked up:lol

i still need to get my stick. the ps3 controller isnt that bad just set the controls to the ones like SSf2HD

Zertez

Anyone have some suggestions on how to pull off combos using a 360 controller? I know get a stick is the first suggestion, but sadly I gave away the first TE stick I received to a friend and Im still waiting on the second. I have tried for the last 3 days to get past level 3 on normal trial mode on almost every character with zero luck.

A couple examples that I am stuck on are, Sakuras MP into Hadoken or Roses MK into Heavy Soul Reflect. On Sakura I get the MP in and the Hadoken lands sometimes, but yet I never get credit. Do I need to cancel something into the Hadoken? For Rose I get the MK to land, but due to the hit Rose is pushed back and the Heavy Soul Reflect doesnt land. Ive tried for around 5 hours trying to pull off the combos on the 360 controller. Either I just suck to much to play SF or Im missing something, I have a feeling it is a combination of both. :/

LowParry

Man, I just need to get that ten wins in a row ranked match achievement. I'll have it soon once I get a bit more used to Boxer tonight. And you know after you win, getting the theme right after is pure awesome victory music. :D

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Xevren said:
Eh, check if they're in a game. If they are wait a few minutes so they dont have to quit out right in the middle. I've had a few invites but I was already in a ranked match and I didn't want to take a loss just to join.
I usually give it a good 10 minutes. But what is annoying is I can't do anything else. Its time just spend sitting there twiddling my thumbs.

Zertez said:
Anyone have some suggestions on how to pull off combos using a 360 controller? I know get a stick is the first suggestion, but sadly I gave away the first TE stick I received to a friend and Im still waiting on the second. I have tried for the last 3 days to get past level 3 on normal trial mode on almost every character with zero luck.

A couple examples that I am stuck on are, Sakuras MP into Hadoken or Roses MK into Heavy Soul Reflect. On Sakura I get the MP in and the Hadoken lands sometimes, but yet I never get credit. Do I need to cancel something into the Hadoken? For Rose I get the MK to land, but due to the hit Rose is pushed back and the Heavy Soul Reflect doesnt land. Ive tried for around 5 hours trying to pull off the combos on the 360 controller. Either I just suck to much to play SF or Im missing something, I have a feeling it is a combination of both. :/

there is your problem

Fantasmo

I LOVE this game but....

SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN! SHORYUKEN!

:(

BdoUK

Is anyone else having to wait around for up to 2 minutes just to get into an online match? I generally create the match since it seems like anytime I try to search for one the match is already gone by the time I try to enter the room.

jacobs34 said:
I'm thinking about getting a Madcatz Pad for this game but I wanted to ask how they are holding up for you guys first.

Personally I am loving mine. Have a good 5-6 hours on it, so just getting broken in. So far only move i've had trouble pulling off is Guiles super/ultra. But then I always had trouble with it. Shoto's play perfectly, and charge moves come out great. It's not perfect and I can't say how long it will last but with availability so low I would get one while you can, seems you could easily resell it if you end up hating it.

Finally broke into 1,100 BPS but making headway past that is hard. Whew, the competition is FIERCE!!!

The Ryu/Ken/Sagat/Akuma is getting old, but I think that it will start to evolve kind of like how Turbo evolved over time.

Anyway, I need some help.

How can I, as Blanka, deal with a turtling Guile? Do I have no options but to turtle just out of his kick range and hope he makes a mistake? I absolutely cannot jump in on him because of flash kick and everything else on ground can be crouch-blocked.

jacobs34

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Personally I am loving mine. Have a good 5-6 hours on it, so just getting broken in. So far only move i've had trouble pulling off is Guiles super/ultra. But then I always had trouble with it. Shoto's play perfectly, and charge moves come out great. It's not perfect and I can't say how long it will last but with availability so low I would get one while you can, seems you could easily resell it if you end up hating it.

Sounds good, it was the charged moves that I've been completely bombing w/ the 360 controller. I live in the sticks so there aren't that many people picking up the custom game pads, just lucky I guess.

I'm loving SFIV right now, and those costumes look pretty rad, and I even said this in the PS STORE thread but I don't give a damn --

FUCK CAPCOM!

Charging 4 bucks for 5 character costumes THAT'S ALREADY ON THE DISC???

That's like a haduken dick slap with a roundhouse sweaty vagina combo in your mouth.

Zertez

Andronicus said:
there is your problem
That is what Im thinking as well. Really trying to wait till the TE stick ships, but if it takes to much longer Im just going to get something else. Playing SF4 with the 360 controller makes you want to scream and quit playing.

Takuan

I'm on the last Hard trial for Gouken; what the hell is the timing on that crouching fierce after his EX? I remember there was a video of his trial mode on youtube, but it's not there anymore. T-T

omg release the fucking unlockable characters downloadable content pack so i dont have to sit here on some self-inflicting torture ritual shit playing seth over and over and over. it's not fun.

ITS NOT FUCKING FUN CAPCOM.

pancakesandsex said:
Having trouble with Rufus in challenge mode. I cannot figure out the timing on the 3rd challenge trial for the cancels.

I need to:

--> Heavy Punch
--> Heavy Galactic Tornado

Help.

Had this same problem. The key is when you do the galactic tornado you need to hold forward during the whole move.

CartridgeBlower said:
I'm loving SFIV right now, and those costumes look pretty rad, and I even said this in the PS STORE thread but I don't give a damn --

FUCK CAPCOM!

Charging 4 bucks for 5 character costumes THAT'S ALREADY ON THE DISC???

That's like a haduken dick slap with a roundhouse sweaty vagina combo in your mouth.

While I understand your resentment, but that last part...now you're just trying turn me on here.

Rotanibor

Duke Togo said:
I feel like the only person in the universe who uses M. Bison as my main....I'm basing this on the number of times I've played somebody who uses him....which would be zero.

I main M. Bison, and I have yet to see one person play him as well. In some ways its kind of nice because you feel unique. :lol

Also, I have the game on the 360 and if anybody wants to add and fight me sometime, my GamerTag is Rotanibor.

fernoca

Reposting again just in case..
fernoca said:
The way I did it..
  • Easiest setting
  • 1 Round
  • Finish Arcade with Abel to unlock Fei-Long, with C.Viper to get Cammy, with M. Bison to get Rose, with Chun-Li to get Gen, with Ryu to get Sakura, with Sakura to get Dan.
  • Beat Arcade again, with 1 Perfect round and no continues, beat Seth. Akuma will challenge you. Beat him to unlock him.
  • (To unlock Shen, you could:) Pick Akuma, finish Arcade with 2 Perfects and at least 3 Ultra Finishes. Beat Seth, he will challenge you, beat him to unlock him.
  • (Or, what I did:) Finish Arcade with Akuma to unlock his Prologue/Ending movies. Pick any character you are more familiar with; finish Arcade again with 2 Perfects and at least 3 Ultra Finishes. Beat Seth, Shen will challenge you, beat him..but you won't unlock him....do exactly the same, then beat him to unlock him. (Since I sucked at doing Akuma's ultra.. :p)
  • To get Seth, finish Arcade with the remaining characters and Shen.
..since there are still some doubts with some:
  • You need to unlock Fei Long, Cammy, Rose, Gen, Sakura and Dan before doing the unlocking Akuma thing.
  • You only need 1 Perfect in Arcade to get to Akuma, no more..no less. No Ultras.
  • You need at least 2 Perfect Rounds and At least 2 Ultra Finishes to get to Shen Long.
  • You only unlock Shen Long, after playing and finishing Arcade with Akuma.
  • You need Akuma's prologue and ending movies unlocked to unlock Shen Long, if you don't Shen Long may challenge you but you won't unlocking him.
  • So either get 2 Perfect Rounds, 2 Ultra Finishes and Finish Arcade with Akuma in one try, or just finish Arcade with Akuma, and then pick any other character you are more familiar with , and do the whole process of getting Shen Long to challenge you....again.

Mr Jared

How can I, as Blanka, deal with a turtling Guile? Do I have no options but to turtle just out of his kick range and hope he makes a mistake? I absolutely cannot jump in on him because of flash kick and everything else on ground can be crouch-blocked.

First things that come to mind..

- Focus Attack the crap out of him.
- Bait him out, command dash through and bite
- slide slide slide
- EX roll EVERYTHING.

Dartastic

Why is everyone on XBL Ranked match a horrible scrub? I've just had 6 wins in a row, and 3 of those were against TERRIBLE Akumas. I guess I shouldn't complain as they gave me 2 achievements? Haha! Are there achievements for longer ranked win streaks than 5?

Alivor

I needed 4 Ultra finishes and 4 perfects to Unlock Gouken...at least I did it.
And I unlocked Seth too, all of his moves are really easy!
EDIT: I like using Akuma. I'm shit w/ Ken and Ryu, but can pull of some decent combos with Akuma. I wish I was better with another character, but I "get" Akuma. Fei Long is sweet as well.

Yeah, turtling Guiles have been a problem for my Balrog. They just rest in the corner and are content to let the entire time run out. I don't know if it's cheap or just sound playing.

The debate rages on.

Nightz

Dartastic said:
Why is everyone on XBL Ranked match a horrible scrub? I've just had 6 wins in a row, and 3 of those were against TERRIBLE Akumas. I guess I shouldn't complain as they gave me 2 achievements? Haha! Are there achievements for longer ranked win streaks than 5?
10 wins.

Every Akuma I've come across is easily beatable, except when they just run to the back and air fireball for eternity. But most of the people who pick Akuma do so because, "oh my God, Akuma!" Yeah, that's about it. Not super serious players me think.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Thanks again Oichi. Your tips helped improve my fights against the shotos. My record is terrible, but I'm improving. 37 wins out of 130 fights. 28%. Yeah, sure. Terrible in general, but I think it's okay for learning a brand new character. Oddly enough, I do better against Sagat than Ken. o_O

Still so hard to not pick Ryu or something at times though out of frustration. :lol

Just got 11 wins in a row today. Felt good scrubbing on some biatch Ken's with Balrog's head.

Never thought I'd get it, but I think if you just play enough, you'll find a stretch where you're on your game plus the fact there are still a lot of newbies playing online right now. Match the two up and you'll get your 10 wins.

I didn't mean there aren't good Akuma players. I just meant online at the moment, most of the people who pick Akuma are newbies. Thought that was pretty clear in my post. Guess not.

Finally broke into 1,100 BPS but making headway past that is hard. Whew, the competition is FIERCE!!!

The Ryu/Ken/Sagat/Akuma is getting old, but I think that it will start to evolve kind of like how Turbo evolved over time.

Anyway, I need some help.

slide slide slide. slide under fireballs. when you're at medium range, slide so that you just barely hit him at the last moment. If he blocks it, he won't be able to punish you. You need to hide your jump-ins with other moves, like ground pokes. cross him up with mk. anytime you land a throw, do an mp ball to get right in on him again.

Yeah, turtling Guiles have been a problem for my Balrog. They just rest in the corner and are content to let the entire time run out. I don't know if it's cheap or just sound playing.

The debate rages on.

TAP through his fireballs. You don't really need to jump in unless you do a safe dash punch, then you can jump in and start a combo because he'll probably try to sweep you.

Top Bottom