• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MIMIC

Banned
drohne said:
can someone explain how blanka's ultra works? i see so few blankas in the first place, and i still haven't figured out exactly how to block it (can you tell i just lost a hundred battle points)

I'm.....not really sure. I've never understood Blanka's supers in general. His ultra is identical to his super combo in Alpha 3. I've never been able to connect the rest of his move with my opponent....just the initial hit.

But whenever I'm up against Blanka, I ALWAYS get hit with the rest of the move. :(

Consider this post a co-sign rather than assistance :)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Despite being estimated for the 24th until today...

Sony PS3 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition [Accessory]
Shipment #1: Shipped on February 19, 2009
Delivery estimate:February 20, 2009

:D

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
EviLore said:
Despite being estimated for the 24th until today...

Sony PS3 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition [Accessory]
Shipment #1: Shipped on February 19, 2009
Delivery estimate:February 20, 2009

:D
Same here! Amazon came through! :D

I'm sucking big time online. having a hard time pulling off supers with circle move characters. It's always their forward, down, down-forward move isntead.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
drohne said:
can someone explain how blanka's ultra works? i see so few blankas in the first place, and i still haven't figured out exactly how to block it (can you tell i just lost a hundred battle points)

you have to block it low then high...

CerberusE said:
Find a friend, sit down and start playing for hours in versus mode. Also, call each other a pussy when complaining about blisters.

No blisters to be had. I have a SE stick and a HRAP EX. When the SE dies, I'll get a Sanwa stick and a set of new buttons for each.

Also, having work and girlfriend cuts down on time to train.

LCfiner

So I'm old enough to have played SFII back in the arcades.

I was shit then.

And I'm shit now.

And I still love it.

I still managed to plow through almost 6 hours of SFIV goodness today. My God, it's so fun.

Played online for a couple hours, got some medals and 20 wins playing against some real noobie scrubs. Even then, I'm barely eking by with my victories.

It's a testament to how good this game is that someone as weak as myself can still lose myself in it for so long.

This weekend is gonna be a blur, I know it.

SLYspyda

Banned
I know it's been explained a few times before, but it's still not clicking.

Focus attacks are the new big strategic feature in SF4. What's their purpose and how do I use them?

Please give the dummy explanation.

Thanks

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
YakiSOBA said:
I'm really liking C. Viper! Do you guys think she'll be a mid to top tier character?
regardless of tiers she is the coolest looking fighter in street fighter history. i main her too, only problem is she's apparently not a beginner friendly char like the shotos and sagat.

i also have a thing for business ladies and pony tails.

-COOLIO- said:
regardless of tiers she is the coolest looking fighter in street fighter history. i main her too, only problem is she's appearance not a beginner friendly char like the shotos and sagat.

i also have a thing for business ladies and pony tails.
Her boobs are weird.

Worst matchmaking system ever.

I can never join any games because they're full or "unable to join".. the only way I've been able to play is by creating a match and waiting the 3-10 minutes for someone to join. What gives?

Jirotrom

foor some reason my name doesnt get loaded when i play arcade mode.... so my rankings never get saved. Anyone know how to load their name into the game?

How do you get up quicker in this game? So many times I'll be on the ground and before I can even try to get up, I'm already locked into an animation with the other player, specifically against Ziengief or Abel. It's fucking bullshit.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
CartridgeBlower said:
How do you get up quicker in this game? So many times I'll be on the ground and before I can even try to get up, I'm already locked into an animation with the other player, specifically against Ziengief or Abel. It's fucking bullshit.
o i know what you mean

i have the same problem

Jirotrom

CartridgeBlower said:
depends on who you are using.... you have to do a wake up attack... IZ fn hate zangief and Abel.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
CartridgeBlower said:

I could be a dick and say "read the manual".

lunlunqq

fucking Chunli!!!! O_O
307tb2u.jpg

Jtrizzy

it says different shit at literally every site I look at including the op for this last unlockable. At the gamespot game guide it says you have to beat story mode with every character to get Gouken.

fubarduck

CartridgeBlower said:

There's time to jump. Try holding 'up' if they're just grabbing you as soon as you get up.

Anyway, to quick get up just hit any button OR 'down' on the joystick as soon as your character hits the ground.

CartridgeBlower said:
PPP

daegan

got up to two wins in a row tonight, followed by two victories against my roommate before he went back to wow. Even though I lost the next few, I'm still proud XD

Jtrizzy

so when you are beating the game with all of the different characters to unlock seth, do you have to beat it start to finish with the character for it to count, or will it work as long as you beat Seth with the character you need?

Xevren

Jtrizzy said:
so when you are beating the game with all of the different characters to unlock seth, do you have to beat it start to finish with the character for it to count, or will it work as long as you beat Seth with the character you need?

Just matters who you beat Seth with.

Souther

Banned
Just played vs Agent Otaku. Good stuff!. Man....i was Abel and he was Ryu...he pulled off his Ultra and i was crouching..i JUST BARELY jumped over it and immediately did my Ultra and got him it was insane...

Hes pretty good with C. Viper too...Haven't played many c vipers yet

Fun times!!

I like to play anyone even if you feel your not that great or just beginning..I'm by no means awesome but i think i am pretty good. So hit me up for a game everyone is welcome. PSN(cyclonus)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Mejilan said:
Did I just get robbed? I thought I was striving to fight and unlock Akuma, but instead of getting challenged by Akuma, Gouken showed up. Beat him, but I didn't get either Akuma or Gouken unlocked.

What the hey? :(

Three perfects and you fight Gouken (I believe). Also, do you have all of the other 6 console characters unlocked?

If anyone wants to play:

XBL GT: henhowc

Top Bottom