• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i need some motivation from analog players out there

is anyone kicking ass?

maybe you could just lie to me so i can push on anyway

also, has anyone seen a single rufus online?

i havnt. ever.

That youtube video makes me both inspired and depressed.

The game is a thing of beauty when two players who know what they're doing play against each other. Fun as hell to just watch.

But it takes time and effort to get that great. Lots of practice, too. Days into weeks into months...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
CartridgeBlower said:
That youtube video makes me both inspired and depressed.

The game is a thing of beauty when two players who know what they're doing play against each other. Fun as hell to just watch.

But it takes time and effort to get that great. Lots of practice, too. Days into weeks into months...
how long does it take untill you can start beating random people with no BP?

rhino4evr

so, after getting my ass handed to me, Im finally starting to come around. I only lost one of the 20 fights today. LOVE this game. It's easily my favorite 2D fighter..well since Street Fighter II. Capcom did an amazing job with this title. Definitely a contender for GOTY

Talamius

After some extended play time as Dan tonight, I am prepared to make a bold, controversial statement:

Dan is better than Ken and probably around B tier. Not as high as Ryu or Akuma on the Shoto totem pole (haven't played or seen a Gouken), slightly ahead of Sakura, but definitely better than Ken.

He may not really be the best at anything, but he is at least decent at everything and certainly NOT a joke character. He can pressure in corners with speed and qcb+ lk (and corner a Dan with a full super meter at your own risk), he pounds out decent damage, has some good mid to high damage combos, a good close range super, has escapability with the taunt jump and qcb + hk for straightline evasion, and he can poke. If that isn't the definition of B tier I dunno what is.

Agree/Disagree/Laughter? :)

-COOLIO- said:

is anyone kicking ass?

i havnt. ever.

I play rufus all day long, if you want to play him enough, challenge me. Wait are you playing on PS3? Why would you play with the analog instead of the dpad?

So... where is the DLC code located in the CE packaging for 360? I don't seem to have one.

It's on a bit of paper. I could totally see them not putting that in a few boxes just for fun.

CerberusE

Neo Member
Just bought the game and went over to a friend's house to play. He'd never played a street fighter game before but after 4 hours of versus mode he became decent with Ryu, able to win at least a few games online.

So far loving the way Viper plays. She's quickly becoming my favorite female character. Only thing I'm disappointed about is the lack of fight pads in Toronto.

Souther

Banned
Can't remember what the consensus on Fei-Long is but I pretty much main him and have beat alot of people with him.

He's really good against the shoto group. his D-DF-F-UP+K(EX) is awesome for suprising people from a distance and perfect for hadouken lovers.

So watch out if you play me.(Cyclonus on PSN)

Volcynika

I'm really trying to enjoy this game and learn, but man, this fight pad (PS3 version). It keeps going wonky every now and then where just movnig the pad in one direction will attack.

:/

LaneDS

Any tips on how to properly do M. Bison's super/ultra on the Dualshock 3? Once in a blue moon I'll get lucky and be able to produce one, but normally it registers as his warping around move. I have a hard enough time just getting the regular charge back charge forward moves, the supers and ultras seem impossible for me.

Neiteio

The OP is a lie. I got Akuma, and then I used Ryu (the fifth time I've used him on Arcade) and, on Easiest in one-round matches on Arcade, I beat everyone up through Akuma, two Ultras and three Perfects (the OP says even less than that). But, no Gouken.

What should I do?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hmmmmmmmmmm.........what exactly is Seth?
There seems to be tons of them after seeing Bison's ending.
Oh, and beating that asshole on hardest was so satisfying.

Souther said:
Can't remember what the consensus on Fei-Long is but I pretty much main him and have beat alot of people with him.

He's really good against the shoto group. his D-DF-F-UP+K(EX) is awesome for suprising people from a distance and perfect for hadouken lovers.

So watch out if you play me.(Cyclonus on PSN)

get on the game right now. I've never played a fei long before. :p

This game is actually starting to make me hate Ken. I played a lot of third strike on ggpo where Ken is the best (well one of the best) character(s) in the game and it's still nowhere near this level of absurdity. The "Unable to find game" message is also irritating. I might just quit playing online for a week until they get that sorted and the number of kens go down.

Who am I kidding, this game is too awesome to put down for a week (when you can get a game)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Neiteio said:
The OP is a lie. I got Akuma, and then I used Ryu (the fifth time I've used him on Arcade) and, on Easiest in one-round matches on Arcade, I beat everyone up through Akuma, two Ultras and three Perfects (the OP says even less than that). But, no Gouken.

What should I do?

Beat the game with Akuma first.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
akachan ningen said:
I play rufus all day long, if you want to play him enough, challenge me. Wait are you playing on PS3? Why would you play with the analog instead of the dpad?

It's on a bit of paper. I could totally see them not putting that in a few boxes just for fun.
the analog actually feels so comfortable : (

rhino4evr

bistromathics said:
i think most people got a broken build of the game. they can only play as ryu, ken, or akuma.

crazy enough, i only got a few of those folks tonight. I actually played someone using Dhalism.

Personally, I haven't used Ryu or ken ONCE since I started playing. Im too busy trying out the new characters, and enjoying some of the old favorites. Guile is completely bad ass again. He's been nerfed since SFII Turbo. Too bad I cannot pull off his Ultra for the life of me.:lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
-COOLIO- said:
the analog actually feels so comfortable : (

I know youre new and all, but FUCK THE ANALOG STICK. Grow some hard skin on your thumbs and get good with a d-pad, or buy a stick.

You did say you were gonna become the master of this game, so learn the hard lessons.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
ok so I am trying to get Akuma I have everyone except Akum, Gouken, and Seth. Well I go play with ryu get 3 perfects, and 3 ultras. I beat the game I fight Gouken???? I don't even have Akuma yet. So I fight Gouken and beat him sent back to menu go to arcade mode and I can't choose him or Akuma. What am I doing wrong?

Jtrizzy

Damn. I just beat story mode with Akuma, then started a new game with an easier character. My first two rounds were perfects and from there I had 3 or 4 Ultra finishes, including against Akuma in the end...what am I doing wrong?

Zophar

junkster said:
They should make a game called Ryu Ken 4, sell it for $.99 and let the rest of us have fun with Street Fighter -RyuKen 4.
ken2.jpg

Evlar

Banned
Kadey said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm.........what exactly is Seth?
There seems to be tons of them after seeing Bison's ending.
Oh, and beating that asshole on hardest was so satisfying.
He's a replacement body for Bison (Dictator). So is Abel.

Darkman M

Jtrizzy said:
Damn. I just beat story mode with Akuma, then started a new game with an easier character. My first two rounds were perfects and from there I had 3 or 4 Ultra finishes, including against Akuma in the end...what am I doing wrong?

You need to beat it with a chacther you have cleared in story mode at least once already, so if you try again with akuma gouken should show up.

Zabka

-COOLIO- said:

is anyone kicking ass?

i havnt. ever.
I've done pretty well playing Honda with the analog stick, but I got used to it during a couple hundred fights in HD Remix.

22 - 0 so far. I feel kinda guilty slapping around new people.

My TE stick is supposed to arrive tomorrow so I'm dropping the analog for good.

For my own sanity, I think I need to stop playing for tonight. I'm trying to learn Cammy because I never really used her but I keep running into Ken, Ken, Ken, Ken, Ken, Ryu, Ryu, Ryu, Ryu, Akuma, Akuma, Ken, Guile, Ken, Ryu, Guile...

Volcynika

Jamesfrom818 said:
For my own sanity, I think I need to stop playing for tonight. I'm trying to learn Cammy because I never really used her but I keep running into Ken, Ken, Ken, Ken, Ken, Ryu, Ryu, Ryu, Ryu, Akuma, Akuma, Ken, Guile, Ken, Ryu, Guile...

Cammy!

I'd play more tonight, but I seem to find people who are full of lag and know how to play well even with it. I swear I couldn't jump or anything and a Sagat kept sweeping me before I could do anything...

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Raging Spaniard said:
I know youre new and all, but FUCK THE ANALOG STICK. Grow some hard skin on your thumbs and get good with a d-pad, or buy a stick.

You did say you were gonna become the master of this game, so learn the hard lessons.
YESSIR

*guile face* :mad:

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Did I just get robbed? I thought I was striving to fight and unlock Akuma, but instead of getting challenged by Akuma, Gouken showed up. Beat him, but I didn't get either Akuma or Gouken unlocked.

What the hey? :(

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
can someone explain how blanka's ultra works? i see so few blankas in the first place, and i still haven't figured out exactly how to block it (can you tell i just lost a hundred battle points)

jacobs34

Unfortunately I've only been able to play around 20 matches so far since the game came out due to school, work, and family - but I've lined things up so I should have around 20 hours to play over the next three days. My goal is to get around 100 wins over the weekend.

I'm still unsure if I should go with a Madcatz game pad or pony up for the stick, are the Soul Calibur sticks high enough in quality to justify the purchase over a Game Pad in order to save some scratch?

Anyway my GT on 360 is Foofighter85, add me if you want a newby to beat up on. I'm still contemplating which character to be my main. I really liked the way C. Viper played in my limited time with her, but I'll play around with some of the new characters before I make my choice.

I promise everyone it won't be Ken...

Top Bottom