• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

-PXG-

FUCK! I saw commercials for SFIV on TV. Wish I was at home to play it. I suck at it, but I'm willing to get my ass kicked in order to improve. Hey, I did it with Smash (eventually got up to tournament level of play), I can do it with SF too :)

Akim

Banned
-PXG- said:
FUCK! I saw commercials for SFIV on TV. Wish I was at home to play it. I suck at it, but I'm willing to get my ass kicked in order to improve. Hey, I did it with Smash (eventually got up to tournament level of play), I can do it with SF too :)

I keep thinking that too but not with the 360 controller...

Is it even possible to FADC on the analog stick?

Akim said:
I keep thinking that too but not with the 360 controller...

Is it even possible to FADC on the analog stick?

I can do it fine on the FightPad so doing it with a stock 360 controller is possible but probably not feasible to do so on command in a heated fight.

Fantasmo

Toonami 99 said:
look me up junkster I'll play you. I normally dont use shotos unless Iam messing around. :D
any looking for some anti shoto matches I need some practice. GT Toonami918

I would if you had a PS3 ;-)

If anyone with the PS3 version wants to play, my PSN name is STR8UPAWESOME

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
wait, FADC is just mp+mk right? i don't see why it would be hard on a 360 pad. its should be great on a fightpad because those 2 buttons are laid out perfectly where your thumb lies.

Well, just under an hour left in my shift, time to stop playing SF and consolidate all of the day's work into a 50 minute jamfest. I'll be playing some of you tonight, to the rest of you have fun. I'll be lurking again tomorrow.

Timedog said:
wait, FADC is just mp+mk right? i don't see why it would be hard on a 360 pad. its should be great on a fightpad because those 2 buttons are laid out perfectly where your thumb lies.

Yeah, but trying to link that into a super or Ultra would be much more difficult.

Dai Kaiju

In fighting games I always decide to learn the character who I think is the coolest, whether he's top tier or not. SF doesn't really have too many as far as i'm concerned. In fact, Sagat is the only character who I think is badass. I actually wish he wasn't so much better than everyone else so I could just be him without people thinking i'm a cheap little bitch :lol

Neiteio

How do I unlock Akuma, Gouken and Seth? Also, PLEASE someone tell me where I can download mp3s of the intro movie song and its remix on the Character Select screen. PLEASE!

Barrett2

I realized as soon as I got to the gym I should have downloaded INDESTRUCTIBLE to my iPod, I could have lifted a Buick with that song pulsing through my earbuds.

Volcynika

Neiteio said:
How do I unlock Akuma, Gouken and Seth? Also, PLEASE someone tell me where I can download mp3s of the intro movie song and its remix on the Character Select screen. PLEASE!

Every page, someone will ask this. :p

Just unlocked all of the characters (finally).

The storyline is all over the place. But I do like how some of the endings tie into one another (no spoilers).

I'll probably log on some online matches tomorrow finally.

In playing the computer...I began to kind of tire of the ultra attacks. I'd beat them up...and in some cases, they'd be able to use it twice in a round. Now this isn't the type of rubberband AI in Mario Kart...because it requires the player to actually land it on their opponent. But...it just seems unfair...that someone is rewarded for getting their butt kicked. Yes...you can get it too...

Also, it seems like they made comboing easier in this game. While unlocking the characters, I saw that Claw could do a four-hit combo by jumping in, low forward and backflip. The same went for Dictator. Boxer has his jump in, low jab, low jab, low short then headbutt... The list goes on and on...

I think the game is great 9/10...but not sure how it ranks in the pantheon of fighters yet...

Also...woot...Amazon shipped out my TE sticks today (360 and PS3).

Darkman M said:
We need to have the "How do i unlock Akuma,Gouken, and Seth" in the op.

Somehow, I get the feeling 99% of the people asking that question wouldn't bother looking there first.

edit; yeah, they definitely didn't bother reading it because it's already in the OP. :p

Neiteio

thirtytwoutside said:
You type that question in Google, is how.
In my haste I forgot to clarify that I did do the basic research, but the order isn't clear. I know that, in Akuma's case, you unlock Fei Long, Cammy, Rose, Sakura, Dan and Gen, then you do something like two Ultra finishers and two Perfects. What isn't clear, is is this all on one Arcade run, and then Akuma appears after Seth (or perhaps before)?

And then for Gouken, it sounds like once I have Akuma I do it all over again, but this time throw an additional Ultra finisher (or is it Perfect) into the mix? Again, though, the order is not clear, nor whether it's done on one Arcade run.

Seth appears to be unlockable once everyone else is unlocked. I'm more concerned about getting Akuma and Gouken, though.

What about that "Indestructible" song? Are there mp3s of the intro version and, better yet, the Character Select version?

Blueblur1

Maybe some Ryu experts can give me some help. I'm trying to complete the second Hard Challenge for Ryu. This is it.

->Focus Attack
->Solar Plexus Strike
->[Crouch] Heavy Punch
->Shoryuken
->Shinku Hadoken

What I'm doing: I use FA Level 3, Dash Cancel, use Solar Plexus Strike and then the crouching heavy punch. But Dan blocks the heavy punch. What am I doing wrong?

CPS2

Blueblur1 said:
Maybe some Ryu experts can give me some help. I'm trying to complete the second Hard Challenge for Ryu. This is it.

->Focus Attack
->Solar Plexus Strike
->[Crouch] Heavy Punch
->Shoryuken
->Shinku Hadoken

What I'm doing: I use FA Level 3, Dash Cancel, use Solar Plexus Strike and then the crouching heavy punch. But Dan blocks the heavy punch. What am I doing wrong?

Solar Plexus Strike to low fierce is a link, so the timing is pretty strict. Try double tapping low fierce.

Oh god...I've just finished unlocking all of the playable characters...my hands hurt and I want to continue playing more online but my hands are all over my stick. I can't play properly since I cant really grip the stick:lol

Blueblur1

Right after I read that I tried practicing Solar Plexus Strike followed the crouching heavy punch portion of the combo on its own. After three tries I got it. Now its time to put it all together. :p

Thank you, guys.

-PXG-

This thread moves pretty fast. Again....

Has anyone uploaded the PS3 savedata with all the characters unlocked? If not, can someone do that please? PM me the link please.

I got all of them but Gouken and Seth on 360. I just don't want to do it twice. Thanks

Neiteio said:
In my haste I forgot to clarify that I did do the basic research, but the order isn't clear. I know that, in Akuma's case, you unlock Fei Long, Cammy, Rose, Sakura, Dan and Gen, then you do something like two Ultra finishers and two Perfects. What isn't clear, is is this all on one Arcade run, and then Akuma appears after Seth (or perhaps before)?

And then for Gouken, it sounds like once I have Akuma I do it all over again, but this time throw an additional Ultra finisher (or is it Perfect) into the mix? Again, though, the order is not clear, nor whether it's done on one Arcade run.

Seth appears to be unlockable once everyone else is unlocked. I'm more concerned about getting Akuma and Gouken, though.

What about that "Indestructible" song? Are there mp3s of the intro version and, better yet, the Character Select version?

For Akuma/Gouki, just get a bunch of perfects and maybe...maybe one ultra. He'll challenge you after Seth. It has to be in one play through.

Gouken/Shen Long...same as above except...get like three perfects and three or four ultras. He'll challenge you after Seth (on the same background).

And if you look...you can find an mp3 of indestructible.

-PXG- said:

Has anyone uploaded the PS3 savedata with all the characters unlocked? If not, can someone do that please? PM me the link please.

I got all of them but Gouken and Seth on 360. I just don't want to do it twice. Thanks

Yeah...I'm not looking forward to unlocking all of the characters on PS3. Unlocking the characters kind of wore out my SFIV welcome on 360.

But my next step is to unlock the colors/personal actions and do the trials while playing the online ranked matches.

If they do a patch/DLC, please add the lobby so the GAF can play together.

punkypine

-PXG- said:

saves are locked. you cant share them

Man... this Abel trial challenge is kicking my ass for some reason. It's Trial Normal, level 3.
Have to do a Heavy Punch->Turn Punch

I just can't get the turn punch to come out AT ALL. That is the Fierce punch isn't getting canceled. Is it ridiculously strict timing? Should I be getting it out faster (I can do it very fast), should it be the single hit standing fierce, or double hit? If it's the double hit, should I wait for the second hit to connect?

BLAH! Note: I've already tried all of those combinations... and for nothing!

CPS2

Akim said:
Man I can't even do level 4 of Sagats challenge training mode (normal)

can't link the hk, C.m knee to genocide

After the knee just enter QCF+K to do the super. The tiger knee motion buffers the first QCF of the super.

fernoca

The way I did it..

• Easiest setting
  • 1 Round
  • Finish Arcade with Abel to unlock Fei-Long, with C.Viper to get Cammy, with M. Bison to get Rose, with Chun-Li to get Gen, with Ryu to get Sakura, with Sakura to get Dan.
  • Beat Arcade again, with 1 Perfect round and no continues, beat Seth. Akuma will challenge you. Beat him to unlock him.
  • (To unlock Shen, you could:) Pick Akuma, finish Arcade with 2 Perfects and at least 3 Ultra Finishes. Beat Seth, he will challenge you, beat him to unlock him.
  • (Or, what I did:) Finish Arcade with Akuma to unlock his Prologue/Ending movies. Pick any character you are more familiar with; finish Arcade again with 2 Perfects and at least 3 Ultra Finishes. Beat Seth, Shen will challenge you, beat him..but you won't unlock him....do exactly the same, then beat him to unlock him. (Since I sucked at doing Akuma's ultra.. :p)
  • To get Seth, finish Arcade with the remaining characters and Shen.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
thirtytwoutside said:
Somehow, I get the feeling 99% of the people asking that question wouldn't bother looking there first.

I remember getting banned once for not reading the OP...

-PXG-

punkypine said:
saves are locked. you cant share them

Some games are, some aren't.

fernoca said:
The way I did it..
  • Easiest setting
  • 1 Round
  • Finish Arcade with Abel to unlock Fei-Long, with C.Viper to get Cammy, with M. Bison to get Rose, with Chun-Li to get Gen, with Ryu to get Sakura, with Sakura to get Dan.
  • Beat Arcade again, with 1 Perfect round and no continues, beat Seth. Akuma will challenge you. Beat him to unlock him.
**To unlock Shen, you could:**
  • Pick Akuma, finish Arcade with 2 Perfects and at least 3 Ultra Finishes. Beat Seth, he will challenge you, beat him to unlock him.
  • (What I did)Finish Arcade with Akuma to unlock his Prologue/Ending movies. Pick any character you are more familiar with; finish Arcade again with 2 Perfects and at least 3 Ultra Finishes. Beat Seth, Shen will challenge you, beat him..but you won't unlock him....do exactly the same, then beat him to unlock him. (Since I sucked at doing Akuma's ultra.. :p)
  • To get Seth, finish Arcade with the remaining characters and Shen.

I did that on 360. But still, it's boring as fuck and still is somewhat time consuming. I did it once, I don't wanna do it again.

I had some good games today. I won't be able to play with my friends until this weekend so I've been online. I get so much hate messages it's kind of dampening my fun. This guy I played had a good sagat. Pretty solid zoning skills that kept my Balrog away. He didn't get a win but he definitely didn't make it easy for me. After, I sent him a message to compliment his sagat and give him some tips. He just sent me a message that said "tourneyfag". :'(

Anyway, my Balrog is getting stronger. I'm getting my links down and learning the matchups. The headbutt to ultra isn't as consistent as I would like it to be. Oh how I love EX dash straight absorbing fireballs. I just wish his TAP was a bit faster with better recovery.

I'm also picking up Akuma. He's the only shoto I'm comfortable with. Red fireballs always keep that pressure.

Feel free to add me if you're good or just a beginner. My PSN ID is GalacticAE.

-PXG-

Guled said:
this one is

Shit. For real? Lame :( Why do they do that shit. Older 360 games weren't (I remember GH2 wasn't, but then GH3 was). Utter bullshit.

At least you can copy them (though some games require the profile the data is linked to). On the Wii, there are games where you cannot copy AT ALL. Brawl for instance...but they found a way to bypass that.....:lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
sagat's pretty beastly -- you'll think you're off to a good start against him and then look at the lifebars and notice you're losing. his slow walk kind of drives me nuts, but i might start playing him some

-PXG-

Guled said:
to unlock seth do you need to beat arcade mode with everyone or just unlock the rest of the cast?

Beat the game with everyone once.

haunts said:
How to unlock the characters has been in the op for like 2 days now guys.. :\

I know how. I was just asking for (if it was possible) to upload savedata. I just didn't want to have to do it AGAIN.

CPS2

haunts said:
How to unlock the characters has been in the op for like 2 days now guys.. :\

The op says for 1 round matches you need 1 perfect and 2 ultras to fight Gouken, that's definitely not right. It should be 2 perfects and 3 ultras.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
UC1 said:
The op says for 1 round matches you need 1 perfect and 2 ultras to fight Gouken, that's definitely not right. It should be 2 perfects and 3 ultras.

Correction, two perfects and two Ultras :D

Neiteio

UC1 said:
Gah, so confused now. I'm sorry I didn't think to consult the (relatively recently) updated OP, but what's the deal here? Is it even right in the first place? Different sites tell me different ways to unlock them.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
I asked this a while ago but didn't get a response, so I'll ask again. For someone who isn't really that big into fighting games, is using the 360 controller acceptable? I used it on Soul Calibur 4 without any complaints (I use the joystick).

Akim

Banned
Ok I need SAGAT help. Keep in mind I'm using the 360 analog.

I'm trying to Tiger uppercut and cancel that using focus (which I'm having trouble with, when exactly do I hit the focus attack? Seems like I need to hit it as soon as i input TU but it works for me like 1/6 of the time) Then roundhouse kick into my ultra. It doesn't even seem like the TU gets them in the air long enough.

Top Bottom