• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Momar

aka Ryder
Ugh, after an hour of trying to mess with my router to fix this "NAT" crap, still no luck. All I get is a flashing signal icon, so I have no idea the person's connection, so as if I didn't feel slow enough in this game, I get retarded lag because I have no idea about my opponent's connection. Wtf, I miss HDR :(

Souther said:
Just played vs Agent Otaku. Good stuff!. Man....i was Abel and he was Ryu...he pulled off his Ultra and i was crouching..i JUST BARELY jumped over it and immediately did my Ultra and got him it was insane...

Hes pretty good with C. Viper too...Haven't played many c vipers yet

Fun times!!

I like to play anyone even if you feel your not that great or just beginning..I'm by no means awesome but i think i am pretty good. So hit me up for a game everyone is welcome. PSN(cyclonus)

Yeah man ...shit was fantastic. I LOVE to loose when it happens like that :D

MIMIC

Banned
HUGE FUCKING MISTAKE, Capcom.

I'm in training mode practicing with Guile and I noticed that once he has successfully pulled of his Focus Attack, he is unable to touch his crumpled opponent with his Super Combo. His Ultra works, though.

Lucky for me, my Super Combo bar is never full since I always perform EX moves.

EDIT: Seems as though that you have to input his Super before the opponent is totally flat on the ground. Once the opponent is flat on the ground, it misses completely.

Jirotrom

MIMIC said:

I'm in training mode practicing with Guile and I noticed that once he has successfully pulled of his Focus Attack, he is unable to touch his crumpled opponent with his Super Combo. His Ultra works, though.

EDIT: Seems as though that you have to input his Super before the opponent is totally flat on the ground. Once the opponent is flat on the ground, it misses completely.
I really like Guile... he's my main:D but his super is fairly dificult to pull of consistently. I think I mwill main him Balrog, El Fuerte and Fei long.

Its so discouraging knowing you can do something consistently on a pad and can't do it on a stick. I'm beginning to wonder if I should sell my sticks and stick with the FightPad.

Help me GAF! Don't let me fall off the wagon.

MIMIC

Banned
Focus Cancel consumes 2 segments of the super gauge? Aw :( I thought I was on to some groundbreaking pwnage for a minute. :lol

Jamesfrom818 said:
Its so discouraging knowing you can do something consistently on a pad and can't do it on a stick. I'm beginning to wonder if I should sell my sticks and stick with the FightPad.

I'm the opposite ...I just can't get the speed/reaction time outta a pad that I can with a stick

MIMIC

Banned
Xevren said:
Game would be pretty broken if it was just free :p

:lol

I'm in training with Guile and BREEZING through this combo: (opponent block) Flashkick, cancel, Focus Attack, Ultra.

I hope I get to use it :D

mattso

goldlion054 said:
i am being absolutely abused by ken users. I played 10 matches in a row, all of whom were kens. God it is terrible
I've been bouncing back and forth between sakura, cammy and c. viper for most of my online matches.

but now whenever I see ken or akuma pop up I've been going to good ole sagat (him and cammy were my best in hdremix) and it makes fighting them a bit less frustrating

Darkman M

Jamesfrom818 said:

Ive always been a controller person myself, but now that ive bought my first stick(Hrap EX) i can already see the error of my ways, im still far from perfect with it but super,ultras and dashes just come out much smoother and charge characters are way easier to use.

've been bouncing back and forth between sakura, cammy and c. viper for most of my online matches.

but now whenever I see ken or akuma pop up I've been going to good ole sagat (him and cammy were my best in hdremix) and it makes fighting them a bit less frustrating

yea, i bounce around with cammy, balrog, and sagat online because i played the hell out of them on the super nintendo. I use sagat against kens, but it is still just brutal

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MIMIC said:

Guile seems like a good character to learn the basics with, but I wish he was more versatile as he is one of my favorite SF designs. I also love his theme song.

I feel the same way about Fei Long.

mattso

goldlion054 said:
yea, i bounce around with cammy, balrog, and sagat online because i played the hell out of them on the super nintendo. I use sagat against kens, but it is still just brutal
there was one ken user I fought 3 times in one night. 2 times he raped me and the last time I beat him by a teensy tiny bit.

I was proud though.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Didn't buy it yet... :(

I might pick it up tomorrow. Question, does training mode have "Enable Hitboxes" like SF2 HDR?

duffey

blackadde said:
vs ken; pick geif. SPD after every missed wakeup DP. they will quit.
Or vs. Akuma when he goes for the Ultra do Zangief's Ultra right before he hits it. I had a dude screaming at me last night when I pulled it off. So satisfying.

henhowc said:
:lol 1/4 of this thread is just people whining about shotos

it's not even the others, its just mainly Ken/Ryu, people just sit there and spam hadouken and dragon punches. that shit is lame to no words end. I think I just found a sure proof method for them. After posting a bit earlier I won 4 matches against Ken/Ryu using it. Fuck them and people who use them with no skill

Jirotrom

HankScorpio said:
it's not even the others, its just mainly Ken/Ryu, people just sit there and spam hadouken and dragon punches. that shit is lame to no words end. I think I just found a sure proof method for them. After posting a bit earlier I won 4 matches against Ken/Ryu using it. Fuck them and people who use them with no skill
baby

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
just noticed that you can do guile's ultra with charge db, df, d, db, b, ub + kkk -- pretty similar to the old super turbo shortcut, which doesn't work here. i thought i had to do the full motion. maybe i can use it as an antiair now, though the startup is still slow

Jirotrom said:
w/e I find charge characters easier, name me one noob player that consistently dragon punch.

PSN name?

I could have gave you 5 who did Hadouken wall and DP when you jump over. I just deleted my sent mail though :lol

Also, how many colors have you guys unlocked? I only got 1 extrs (3 total)

keanerie

BloodElfHunter said:
Because they are ez noobmode.

Can we get a moratorium on saying Ken/Ryu are easymode, cause complaining about everyone online using them (and using them poorly) is one thing, if a little bit ingratiating by now, but saying that they're exclusively for noobs is just ignorant...and I don't even use either of those characters.

mattso

I don't think people who use ken/ryu/akuma are noobs. If anything I'm more of a noob than some of the kens i've run into

I just like each match to not be against the same character

Jirotrom

HankScorpio said:
PSN name?

I could have gave you 5 who did Hadouken wall and DP when you jump over. I just deleted my sent mail though :lol

Also, how many colors have you guys unlocked? I only got 1 extrs (3 total)
thats a basic technique with a shoto character, you're the noob for falling for it, just sayin :p

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
whoa -- just read on srk that you can dash into guile's ultra using the motion that i mentioned in my last post -- just do the dash between the charge and the rest of the motion. not too hard to do either. that might be a neat trick

Jirotrom said:
thats a basic technique with a shoto character, you're the noob for falling for it, just sayin :p

You're a noob too cuz i know you got beat with it :lol

Bleh! I'm just going apeshit now lol. unlock more colors dammit!

Jirotrom

HankScorpio said:
You're a noob too cuz i know you got beat with it :lol

Bleh! I'm just going apeshit now lol. unlock more colors dammit!
i've yet to lose to a ryu/ken player... haven't fought any good ones yet:p

punkypine

i dunno why everyone is flipping about ryu/ken
when i was a kid, i played street fighter 2 turbo alot, and i played as ryu/ken
i barely played sf3, so when i picked this up, of course i went to ryu because i knew all his moves from like 12 years ago. i'm tryna learn some other characters now (c viper), but i know ryu better than i do anyone else and i'm just better than him than i am with other characters. if you find that offensive, too bad

I started reading some of the reviews and impressions of Cammy on SRK and my experience with her seems to be matching what they're saying over there. Cammy just doesn't have any safe moves. Hooligan Combo and the spinning backfist seem a bit too slow.

I think I'm going to have to shelve her for now until I get better with a stick.

Jirotrom

drohne said:
whoa -- just read on srk that you can dash into guile's ultra using the motion that i mentioned in my last post -- just do the dash between the charge and the rest of the motion. not too hard to do either. that might be a neat trick
thanks man... that will help, your new motion helps big time as well.

So what the hell are the chances of finding a fightpad at a B&M store? Any place I should be looking? I'd just as soon cram my normal pad up my arse than try some of the cancels with it.

Jirotrom

Jamesfrom818 said:
I started reading some of the reviews and impressions of Cammy on SRK and my experience with her seems to be matching what they're saying over there. Cammy just doesn't have any safe moves. Hooligan Combo and the spinning backfist seem a bit too slow.

I think I'm going to have to shelve her for now until I get better with a stick.
cammy rox! im thinking of maining her.

Jamesfrom818 said:

I love Cammy, its more about timing thats why it's not safe. I use her often, really have no issues for the most part.

senahorse

punkypine said:
i dunno why everyone is flipping about ryu/ken
when i was a kid, i played street fighter 2 turbo alot, and i played as ryu/ken
i barely played sf3, so when i picked this up, of course i went to ryu because i knew all his moves from like 12 years ago. i'm tryna learn some other characters now (c viper), but i know ryu better than i do anyone else and i'm just better than him than i am with other characters. if you find that offensive, too bad

I am the same. When I first really got into SFII it was on my SNES, Ryu felt like the natural choice so he's the one I stuck with. Skipping all of the other SF games until IV again I have gravitated to Ryu, I am still dabbling with ALL of the characters but Ryu is certainly my main. If that makes me a noob or a cheat or whatever you want to call it, so be it, at the end of the day I am having fun and that's all I care about. Viva la shoto I say :D

P.S. I always hated Ken though for some weird reason :lol

Top Bottom