• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Ok, I don't get what I'm doing wrong to not get Gouken. There has to be some sort of extra step or condition that's not being mentioned. I've looked at the info at the first post. I've looked at the FAQ on GameFAQs, and I've looked at the Cheats section on GameFAQs. I've tried to meet every single one of those conditions. I've even gone beyond what's needed.

Here's what I did. I played through with M.Bison on the easiest setting, best of 3, 99 second matches. I got one perfect and two Ultra Combo finishes and then beat the rest of the game without continuing. I get Akuma. I beat Akuma which in turn unlocks him.

I try to play through again with M. Bison, same conditions, get three perfects, and at least four Ultra Combo finishes. When I beat Seth, I get Akuma. To which I then read I need to beat it with Akuma.

So I play through with Akuma, easiest, 1 round, 99 timer. Beat it without continuing. I go back to M. Bison and get at least four perfects and had at least four Ultra Combo Finishers with the settings back to easiest, best of 3, and 99 second matches. I get Akuma again.

What am I missing to get Gouken?

I just went through this, your steps to unlock him by beating the game with Akura is right BUT

your next play through ONLY needs 2 perfects and 3 ultras. NOTHING MORE.

Saerk

I just unlocked everyone but Seth. Oddly I fought Gouken before I ever fought Akuma, but it didn't unlock him until I beat him the second time after unlocking Akuma and beating the game with Akuma. Once I figured out what I was doing wrong vs Seth he became a pushover. Pretty much just block until he leaves himself open and then hit him with a trip or small combo. Some fireballs at range if you got them.

Strangely, I found out I can do Zangief's Piledriver move on the xbox controller without having to jump and hit when I land. I can just whip it out whenver. I've never been able to do that move.

I also subbed out H Punch and H Kick for their triples on the button mapping. I was having too many problems using the triggers and the left bumper when executing moves. The triples normal has the hards anyway. I found this helped alot with using EX's and Ultras on the 360 pad.

Can someone teach me or explain how I can cancel Vegas Claw Roll into his Izuna Drop Super???

EventHubz says its possible but do I have to do a FADC? Can someone give me a step by step so I can practice.

Saerk

Marty Chinn said:
Ok, I don't get what I'm doing wrong to not get Gouken. There has to be some sort of extra step or condition that's not being mentioned. I've looked at the info at the first post. I've looked at the FAQ on GameFAQs, and I've looked at the Cheats section on GameFAQs. I've tried to meet every single one of those conditions. I've even gone beyond what's needed.

Here's what I did. I played through with M.Bison on the easiest setting, best of 3, 99 second matches. I got one perfect and two Ultra Combo finishes and then beat the rest of the game without continuing. I get Akuma. I beat Akuma which in turn unlocks him.

I try to play through again with M. Bison, same conditions, get three perfects, and at least four Ultra Combo finishes. When I beat Seth, I get Akuma. To which I then read I need to beat it with Akuma.

So I play through with Akuma, easiest, 1 round, 99 timer. Beat it without continuing. I go back to M. Bison and get at least four perfects and had at least four Ultra Combo Finishers with the settings back to easiest, best of 3, and 99 second matches. I get Akuma again.

What am I missing to get Gouken?

Just need 2 perfects, 3 ultras, and never lose a round. I just did this with Ryu, easiest difficulty, 1 round matches, and 60 second bouts.

Ferrio

Banned
Jirotrom said:
cant do Guiles 4th normal challenge:

Jump HK > HP > Sonic boom

cant get the sonic boom in time

any tips?

Can you do a normal Hp > Sonic boom? IF so then it's not your cancel timing.

Make sure you hold back and continue holding back when you jump off the ground. By the time you hit the HP you should have enough charge for the sonic boom.

Saerk

TurtleSnatcher said:
Can someone teach me or explain how I can cancel Vegas Claw Roll into his Izuna Drop Super???

EventHubz says its possible but do I have to do a FADC? Can someone give me a step by step so I can practice.

Wouldn't dashing cancel your super's charge?

Xevren

TurtleSnatcher said:

Pretty sure you have to be insanely fast and cancel the first hit. Kind of like cancelling Guile's flash kick into a super.

Filter

Okay I think I may have figured it out.. I can actually get the super off hella fast right before Vega even full stands after the roll.. its almost impossible to avoid its pretty fucking elite.. (Makes his Super not shitty anymore)

pretty decent night tonight online, didn't play too much but my record on the night was 7-0 on PSN

still need to play on live though i got all characters unlocked on both versions:D

Xevren

TurtleSnatcher said:
Okay I think I may have figured it out.. I can actually get the super off hella fast right before Vega even full stands after the roll.. its almost impossible to avoid its pretty fucking elite.. (Makes his Super not shitty anymore)

Sounds even better then what I thought. I still think Vega licks balls in this though.

LowParry

Any Boxer tips would be great.

So far I've got down putting the pressure on cornered people with LP attacks. It keeps people from focus attacks since two jabs breaks the armor in no time. Close up play I think I got down pretty well. It's drawing the distance to get close I have some issues with. TAP I rarely use since I'm using the FADC in through fireballs or using an EX for my armor shot to trick people for the clean hit.

Characters I've had issues with:

Claw
Sagat
Cammy

Any good strats on fighting them?

Saerk said:
Just need 2 perfects, 3 ultras, and never lose a round. I just did this with Ryu, easiest difficulty, 1 round matches, and 60 second bouts.

There's gotta be something more to it than that. Can you not get more than 2 perfects and 3 ultras? Because I've gone over just to make sure I had enough. There's gotta be something else to it.

Jirotrom

Ferrio said:
Can you do a normal Hp > Sonic boom? IF so then it's not your cancel timing.

Make sure you hold back and continue holding back when you jump off the ground. By the time you hit the HP you should have enough charge for the sonic boom.
thats what i've been doing, but the frames after the HP are to long for me to actually make the sonic boom hit. He just guards it. I've even tried buffering the HP and releasing it when I push forward for the SB... but still no luck :/

HankScorpio said:
I just went through this, your steps to unlock him by beating the game with Akura is right BUT

your next play through ONLY needs 2 perfects and 3 ultras. NOTHING MORE.

Marty Chinn said:
There's gotta be something more to it than that. Can you not get more than 2 perfects and 3 ultras? Because I've gone over just to make sure I had enough. There's gotta be something else to it.

DUDE I posted it right there for you, thats all you need to do.

Xevren said:
Sounds even better then what I thought. I still think Vega licks balls in this though.
Nah he's not bad..

You should try this in training.. its pretty freaking sick.. I have no idea who would have a fast enough reflex to stop this lol.. Dan is literally still in a gut wrenching position when Vega jumps to the wall and Dan is pushed to thew all you are jumping off of so you will be dropping him in .1 secs.

Ferrio

Banned
Jirotrom said:
thats what i've been doing, but the frames after the HP are to long for me to actually make the sonic boom hit. He just guards it.

Sure you're canceling it? What you're describing is a link (doing a move after another move has completely finished). HP->Sonic boom in all likelyness is a cancel so you want to do the boom as soon as a the HP hits.

LowParry

Marty Chinn said:

No. You have to get those exact wins. First two rounds are easy perfect with a flurry of fireballs. The next three just kill them till they're nearly dead. Take a few hits. Jump back at a distance and ultra away. After that's done three times, normal kills. I didn't die so if you do I can't say if it will still work.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wow I figured all the HD remix I've been playing leading up to this would pay off.

How wrong I was, these games are soooo different. Gotta start from scratch I guess.

Saerk

CcrooK said:
No. You have to get those exact wins. First two rounds are easy perfect with a flurry of fireballs. The next three just kill them till they're nearly dead. Take a few hits. Jump back at a distance and ultra away. After that's done three times, normal kills. I didn't die so if you do I can't say if it will still work.

Nah, I got 2 perfects and I ultrad the rest of them besides Seth and got Gouken to show up.

Jirotrom

Ferrio said:
Sure you're canceling it? What you're describing is a link (doing a move after another move has completely finished). HP->Sonic boom in all likelyness is a cancel so you want to do the boom as soon as a the HP hits.
He throws an uppercut for his HP, for some reason I cant cancel it, and the straight he throws for the HP seems very unlikely as you have to be at a distance. I'm a bit stumped here.

just did it... the timing for the cancel is extremely tight.... thanks for your help:D

Jtrizzy

Marty Chinn said:

Try doing it where you get the perfects in the first two rounds, then the Ultra finishes in the next three, then just regular victories from there. There are all different explanations at various sites, but this worked for me after trying what is in the op here and what is written at gamefaqs or IGN. I think it has to be with someone you've beaten the game with before though, but not the person you used to get Akuma.

My problem was I was doing it with Ken, and Akuma kept coming out so I switched to Ryu and did it in the order I listed and it finally worked.

Xevren

SiegfriedFM said:
Does anyone have frame data on Guile's low HK? My friend keeps spamming it and I'd like to know what moves I can do to stuff it.

Who do you play as? There's usually something you can do to hit him in between the sweeps. Hell if you're good with Focus Attacking you could just FA after you block his first sweep.

mYm|17|

was playing E.Honda and Balrog tonight against my friend and these two are definitely fun to play with. Once I get my stick then I will be practicing with them more

ph15h

Neo Member
Saerk said:

Funny. I did that with Sagat on Very Easy ( =/ Didn't go all the way left on the options I guess, was wondering why the CP was actually doing UC back) but still didn't fight Gouken and fought Akuma instead. 2 Perfects 3 Ultras and no continues, not even on Seth. Did it again this time playing as Akuma... fought Akuma. Did it as Ryu. Fought Akuma. -_- This is pissing me off. I'll try again before class tomorrow.

Xevren said:
Who do you play as? There's usually something you can do to hit him in between the sweeps. Hell if you're good with Focus Attacking you could just FA after you block his first sweep.

Usually Ken if he picks Guile, but it would be nice to find a good way to stuff it with Fei-Long, Rose or Abel so I can use those too.

Xevren

SiegfriedFM said:
Usually Ken if he picks Guile, but it would be nice to find a good way to stuff it with Fei-Long, Rose or Abel so I can use those too.

Try and FA between sweeps, it'll help you in the future. But if you have issues with that you could try snuffing it out with jabs. It works for me if im just being lazy. Obviously jabbing is only going to help if he's somewhat on top of you, dont want to try that if he's a bit outside of your range.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of playing with Vega, but his Super and Ultra are still a pain in the ass to pull off though so I'm sort of handicapped in that sense... :lol

Mister Chef said:
I think I'm finally getting the hang of playing with Vega, but his Super and Ultra are still a pain in the ass to pull off though so I'm sort of handicapped in that sense... :lol
Took me a weekend to get it.. now I pull em off with no effort.

I just hit 500 XBOX Live Matches and got the achievement!

I need a life..

Jtrizzy

ph15h said:
Funny. I did that with Sagat on Very Easy ( =/ Didn't go all the way left on the options I guess, was wondering why the CP was actually doing UC back) but still didn't fight Gouken and fought Akuma instead. 2 Perfects 3 Ultras and no continues, not even on Seth. Did it again this time playing as Akuma... fought Akuma. Did it as Ryu. Fought Akuma. -_- This is pissing me off. I'll try again before class tomorrow.

Try it with Ryu. first two opponents perfect, then finish the next three with his Ultra (which is really easy to execute) then beat everyone else normally.

LowParry

TurtleSnatcher said:
Took me a weekend to get it.. now I pull em off with no effort.

I just hit 500 XBOX Live Matches and got the achievement!

I need a life..

Wooooow. :lol I'll be there by tomorrow or this weekend I bet.

LordK

Um, on time trial 19... did Capcom like have a nice little typo? It says you get auto heal and infinite SC gauge. The problem is you don't get an infinite SC gauge and instead, you can't block.

BudokaiMR2 said:
I really suck at pulling off Fei Long's cancel into his flying kick. I passed the challenge where it's strong punch cancelled into the flying kick on luck.

Any tips for it? I really like the kick to keep people on their toes and would like to be able to cancel into it consistently.

Well? I posted this a long time ago and never saw any help(might have missed it in this monster of a thread tho)

I just can't pull off that strong punch>flying kick cancel for the life of me.

Jtrizzy

Marty Chinn said:
So it might be character dependent?

Maybe. I don't know it wasn't working for me till I did it with Ryu. I also did it in the exact order I listed above as well when it worked. I tried a few times with Ken and kept getting Akuma.

I do think you need to have beaten the game with Ryu once before doing this.

perfects in matches 1 and 2. then ultra finishes in the next three. normal victories for the rest.

kuYuri

A bit late to say this, but, holy shit people, stop sending me invites. I just got the damn game today, let me get used to it.

Jtrizzy

they're all tough. I can't get past Ken's trial where he has to do a HK then a hadoken. It seems so simple, yet I can't do it. It's level 5 or 6 I think.

`Moe Joe.

Banned
I dunno if this is cheap, but I've had this happen twice now. Due to the slow match making, I just button mash the a button to find a match. I don't care if it's one round or 5 - I just want a game. But it's annoying to join a one rounder which goes for the shortest time to have one guy nail a hit then run around for 60 seconds like a baboon for the time to run out. Like damn, it's easy to finish them off, I have done before, but if you get unlucky and can't catch them in time, it's a kick in the balls.

I watch out for short one rounders from now on.

Top Bottom