• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

"I spent 30 mins trying to do that, but still couldn't. :( "

Do a level 2 focus attack (the character will flash white and there'll be a small "thump" noise), let go, dash immediately, right as you come out of the dash, do the command throw while they're crumpled. It's important to put in the dash command while the focus attack is about to hit, not afterwards.

Edit: Even though it's already mentioned in Abel's ending that he's somehow related to seth (the original blueprint for the clones, I guess), I never noticed that when abel does his ultra attack that his eyes shift grey/white just like seth's. And I also never really realized that their faces really are very similar.

Teknopathetic said:
"I spent 30 mins trying to do that, but still couldn't. :( "

Do a level 2 focus attack (the character will flash white and there'll be a small "thump" noise), let go, dash immediately, right as you come out of the dash, do the command throw while they're crumpled. It's important to put in the dash command while the focus attack is about to hit, not afterwards.

Edit: Even though it's already mentioned in Abel's ending that he's somehow related to seth (the original blueprint for the clones, I guess), I never noticed that when abel does his ultra attack that his eyes shift grey/white just like seth's. And I also never really realized that their faces really are very similar.

:eek:

Gowans

Played this game on my lunch today, I love it so good can't wait to finish this stuff and play more.

Training for me tonight.

Tim

sf4hm1.jpg

We clocked 24 hours in 2 days, now if those goddamn sticks would arrive already I could actually start playing for real.

Xater

GrayFoxPL said:
I got the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It's in front of me, I can smell it! I just need to finish work.

Because you are also from Yurop we should totally play some games together. PSN: Xater. :D

Won

NameGenerated said:
Whaaaat? From where? Ugh hurry up Amazon.
Ledsen said:
er... WAT? WHERE?
Geoff9920 said:
Seriously!? Where did you get it from?

:lol

Just some random online store here in Austria. He got them in yesterday, barely enough to fulfill preorders. Had 1 left for X360 and 3 for PS3. Grabbed the X360, better safe than sorry.^^
Today he is of course sold out.

I hope the thing is fine. Never owned a stick before, so no idea if everything is there, where it should be. But damn, thats one shiny package.

Xater

Now I encountered 2 Kens that have a high BP and when you play against them the connection really fucking sucks. It stops every fucking second. Really unplayable except for them apparently....

I really hope this is not soem kind os exploit.

Barrett2

ShinAmano said:
Just took Dhalsim online and wrecked shop...dude who was decent with Gief I almost perfected twice...all fear the SIM!

The handful of Dhalsim players I have seen online have been infuriatingly cheap. Those damn Gumbi arms drive me crazy!!

Sidenote; I could barely leave my apartment this morning to go to school, my SE Stick was sitting on the cold, wooden floor, begging to be picked up. ;_;

ShinAmano

lawblob said:
The handful of Dhalsim players I have seen online have been infuriatingly cheap. Those damn Gumbi arms drive me crazy!!

Sidenote; I could barely leave my apartment this morning to go to school, my SE Stick was sitting on the cold, wooden floor, begging to be picked up. ;_;
Shit I don't know about cheap, but he owns the entire stage.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Xater said:
Now I encountered 2 Kens that have a high BP and when you play against them the connection really fucking sucks. It stops every fucking second. Really unplayable except for them apparently....

I really hope this is not soem kind os exploit.
Easier for them to scrub out fierce DPs and Ultras :lol

Barrett2

ShinAmano said:
Shit I don't know about cheap, but he owns the entire stage.

All I know is that when I am getting punched by a guy ten feet away from me, that is an afront to God himself!

I just need to get better at the game. -_-

HBP

Finally got my copy last night (PS3) from blockbuster which is always an experience. Anyway if any other beginners (I play on easy on arcade mode) want to play PSN kapshin.

Played it for about 2 hours - i'm having a hard time playing this with my virtua stick (which is what I use all the time for 3rd strike), but hopefully that just comes from not being used to the gameplay yet. I also tried the fightpads, and while I initially felt more comfortable using them I had to switch over the the DS3 as the fightpads oversized d-pad was causing me to accidently jump too much.

Went through the arcade mode using Sagat & then Ken and didn't find Seth to irritating, but then I tried it with C. Viper and got my ass kicked by that cheap bastard 10 times in a row - then I bailed out and tried the online, which is indeed full of Ken's, but I managed to get two wins and a loss with Sagat against a trio of Ken players. Also, the menu music melts my ears, why Capcom? Why?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Finally broke into 1,100 BPS but making headway past that is hard. Whew, the competition is FIERCE!!!

The Ryu/Ken/Sagat/Akuma is getting old, but I think that it will start to evolve kind of like how Turbo evolved over time.

Anyway, I need some help.

How can I, as Blanka, deal with a turtling Guile? Do I have no options but to turtle just out of his kick range and hope he makes a mistake? I absolutely cannot jump in on him because of flash kick and everything else on ground can be crouch-blocked.
This was asked a few pages back, so not sure if someone else already answered, but there are a few things you can do.

There shouldn't really be any need to jump except for crossups. First, guile can't sonic boom in this match because you can slide under it and hit him on reaction. The only good times to slide though are under a sonic boom, or from max range. If you slide too deep, guile can punish you.

At this point its a poking game. c.mp is fairly fast for its range and can beat out a lot of other footsie pokes. Also don't be afraid to charge in with blanka's hop. If you see guile going for a c.fk, you can hop over his sweeps to get behind him and bite the hell out of him. Once you score a knockdown with blanka you should be in heaven. Begin blanka shenanegans.

Once you get a decent lead you can just turtle up yourself. A guile trying to approach a turtling blanka is much more aggravating. Upball any attemps of his to jump. He can't outpoke you on the ground and you can run away with back hop. If you ever get cornered you can get out with ex upball or exrainbow ball.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The game is growing on me from a graphics standpoint. Ken/Ryu sill look horrible but Sagat is bad ass.

Oh, and there's no way anyone w/ a pad can see anyone decent w/ a stick. Just try Sagat's fake kick (tap roundhouse twice as fast as possible). 'Drumming' the button is the only I can get it out, and that's less than 50% of the time on a stick. I don't think anyone has reflexs fast enough to do that on a pad.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
DaCocoBrova said:
The game is growing on me from a graphics standpoint. Ken/Ryu sill look horrible but Sagat is bad ass.

Oh, and there's no way anyone w/ a pad can see anyone decent w/ a stick. Just try Sagat's fake kick (tap roundhouse twice as fast as possible). 'Drumming' the button is the only I can get it out, and that's less than 50% of the time on a stick. I don't think anyone has reflexs fast enough to do that on a pad.
I can get it out ok on a pad if I do it claw style. But its not like its a move I would ever want to use anyway. What's more interesting is the tiger uppercut->fadc->forward+fk->ultra, which I just pulled off fine on a DS3. Although the fadc is slightly annoying because my FA is L1+R1. It would be pretty easy if I shifted my controls around and I imagine would be really easy on a sf4 fightpad.

DaCocoBrova said:

My ass. Sagat's eyepatch makes him look like he as a cute little afro, or that his head is made of plastic and a bit smushed out of the mold.

And anyways argh @ missing out on the fightpad rush. Why the fuck were these things released so early?

ElyrionX

Just got my Hori Fighting Stick 3. It's the first time that I'm using a joystick to play a game seriously and I've got some questions:

1. Why is it that when I press diagonal downwards twice and punch, a Dragon Punch comes out?

2. Why is it that when I do 2x qcf + punch, I get hadouken immediately followed by a Super?

3. In the above example, if I replace the punch with LP+MP+HP, why is it that I get a Super and not an Ultra?

ShinAmano

ElyrionX said:
Just got my Hori Fighting Stick 3. It's the first time that I'm using a joystick to play a game seriously and I've got some questions:

1. Why is it that when I press diagonal downwards twice and punch, a Dragon Punch comes out?

2. Why is it that when I do 2x qcf + punch, I get hadouken immediately followed by a Super?

3. In the above example, if I replace the punch with LP+MP+HP, why is it that I get a Super and not an Ultra?
All has to do with timing.
1. this used to be the way in the arcade I would but them out when I could not get the real motion. Basically the 2 taps hits both of the 'triggers' in the controller that would be hit in the real motion.
2. this happens I believe because of 'negative edge' the button registers on the press and the release.
3. not hitting all three buttons at the same time.

Note I could be wrong, but that is my take.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Blueblur1 said:
I'm waiting until March 8th. Thanks bestbuy.com, thanks... :mad:

I hope they wisen up and reverse the decision to make the stick limited - everyone I know wants the TE rather than the SE...

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
i have'nt performed an Ultra yet.(played on anf off line)

Its just too much of a hassle for me with the Dualshock. Using the shoulder buttons on the directional side of a controller(L1, L2) in a fighting game has always been annoying to me.

Got my Fightstick SE yesterday; it's nice and heavy. <3

Gotta get used to playing with sticks, though...after playing a little with my stick, I quickly plugged a PSX pad in via USB adapter and played with that.

I found that I couldn't get my moves out consistently with my stick...is it because I'm not used to it, or because the stick is innacurate? Would it be more accurate with an octagonal gate instead of a square gate?

[EDIT: Also, FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK ZANGIEF in this game. EX Suplex and EX SPD are ridiculous, and the man basically can run almost endlessly through stuff to get you. Gotta play mad keep away :-o]

Kintaro said:
I think I'll work on Rufus in addition to Fuerte. He seems fun. :D

Rufus is mine you can't have him. His character design is unappealing to Westerners, you won't like him. Leave him alone.

And he's horrible to play. Not fun at all. And he's like bottom ass tier. Seriously.

demigod

copybeaver said:
Um, on time trial 19... did Capcom like have a nice little typo? It says you get auto heal and infinite SC gauge. The problem is you don't get an infinite SC gauge and instead, you can't block.

Yep I noticed this too. Also on all the Survival Normal lvls that I played are wrong as well. It says 4 stages and I end up fighting 8. 8 stages I end up with 12, and 12 stages I end up fighting 22. Makes you wonder who the hell were testing these.

Did you get all Gold crowns? Lvl 11 on Time Attack Normal took me about 4 hours to beat and I got a freakin bronze. Lvl 12 I got Silver, lvl 13 I got another bronze.

Anyone know if the Prima Guide has a strategy for these?

Blueblur1

Skilotonn said:
I hope they wisen up and reverse the decision to make the stick limited - everyone I know wants the TE rather than the SE...
If anything I'm sure that the product managers at Mad Catz are now seeing that they could make a substantial amount of money. They would be stupid to not start mass producing those sticks.

demigod said:
Anyone know if the Prima Guide has a strategy for these?
Nope. The guide covers the basics, has some character specific strategies and frame data.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Teknopathetic said:

I noticed that and thought that... but based on Guile's reactions and some of the back story, can't we infer that the essence of Seth is actually Charlie?

I thought that Abel's story of the mysterious military man, along with Guile's comments about "Where did you see that technique before?!" and Seth's use of sonic booms = Charlie's essence in Seth.

dankir

DaCocoBrova said:

Sagat is the fucking shit. So much priority, so many good poke moves ( -> QK ) I love him.

How do you guys get challenged by players? I've only been playing online since I got the game on Wednesday ,350 Achievement points already :)

"I noticed that and thought that... but based on Guile's reactions and some of the back story, can't we infer that the essence of Seth is actually Charlie?"

Apparently, Charlie rescued Abel from captivity or some such, which is where Abel originally saw those moves.

Even though I started it, I sorta laugh at fighting game stories because they're so absurd and irrelevant to the game.

Barrett2

captmcblack said:
I found that I couldn't get my moves out consistently with my stick...is it because I'm not used to it, or because the stick is innacurate? Would it be more accurate with an octagonal gate instead of a square gate?

I also got my SE stick yesterday, and the first few hours with it, I was having a hard time doing much of anything. Its a huge adjustment, just hitting three buttons simultaneously was tough for me. Im' thinking it will take a few days to get the hang of it. Just figuring out how to position the damn thing and how to sit while using it is an ordeal. :lol

ElyrionX

ShinAmano said:
All has to do with timing.
1. this used to be the way in the arcade I would but them out when I could not get the real motion. Basically the 2 taps hits both of the 'triggers' in the controller that would be hit in the real motion.
2. this happens I believe because of 'negative edge' the button registers on the press and the release.
3. not hitting all three buttons at the same time.

Note I could be wrong, but that is my take.

1. It's a lot easier than doing the real motion. Is the way the pros do it?

2. Uhh, what?

3. Not possible. I'm pressing only one button which is mapped to LP+MP+HP.

DIRTY-D

I got 2 TE sticks in route to my work from FEDEX...should be here in 30 minutes..then it's mod time with 2 white bats, 2 octo gates, and 2 extention cords for some big 70 inch plasma game time.

WHOO HOO!

Ronabo

I think it funny how I rarely ever have enough juice to do a Super move. I had the achievement for ULTRAS hours before the SUPER one.

I think the Super meter builds up to slow and the Ultra meter too fast.

Edit: Oh I hate you very much Dirty-D

Top Bottom