• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Caj814

Fei Long:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!
11v4kqw.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Fistwell said:
Why don't my friends like it then?

I don't know. I don't know your friends. Do you play fighters with them a lot? What was the last SF they played? Who knows. Them liking the game should have little do to with how easy it is to get into because it has not changed at all very much (even got a bit easier in terms of inputs) besides the focus system and ultras.

<shrugs>

Aeris130

iMike76 said:
Madcatz.com is saying that the TE fightstick will be available in April '09.

For real? Some sites are listing them as early march...

Fucking hell, I'm really contemplating shelling out $400 on ebay for one of these now. No way I'm gonna be stuck on a DS3 until fucking april.

Jirotrom

dskillzhtown said:
I don't know. I wonder if casual gamers are even buying this game. I was tempted, but one look at this thread made me change my mind. I am a casual fighting game player at best and all the talk from these harcore players about difficulty made me save my cash for Killzone 2.
lots of casuals are buying its selling very well.

Aeris130 said:

Fucking hell, I'm really contemplating shelling out $400 on ebay for one of these now. No way I'm gonna be stuck on a DS3 until fucking april.
Whoa dude, it's not like the TE is your ONLY stick option for PS3...

iam220

Anyone else finding the sixaxis to be more then adequate for this game? In SFTHD it can be challenging to consistently pull of special moves with it but in SF4 i'm pulling them all off like a champ. The input is soo lenient that it's bordering on ridiculous (as compared to SFTHD). If it wasn't for the ex moves and ultras I wouldn't even consider getting a stick. I'm not complaining ... this is how I prefer it to be.

Aeris130

_dementia said:
Whoa dude, it's not like the TE is your ONLY stick option for PS3...

Money isn't really a problem (although it irks me that I could buy a new PS3 for that amount). Got other sticks, but none for PS3. It's TE or bust.

Kintaro

Aeris130 said:
Money isn't really a problem (although it irks me that I could buy a new PS3 for that amount). Got other sticks, but none for PS3. It's TE or bust.

I'm in the same boat, but for 360. =/ May as well return the game at this point.

h3ro

Aeris130 said:

Why don't you just buy a HRAP3 and add the Sanwa parts that are used in the TE?

Lumine

iam220 said:
Anyone else finding the sixaxis to be more then adequate for this game? In SFTHD it can be challenging to consistently pull of special moves with it but in SF4 i'm pulling them all off like a champ. The input is soo lenient that it's bordering on ridiculous (as compared to SFTHD). If it wasn't for the ex moves and ultras I wouldn't even consider getting a stick. I'm not complaining ... this is how I prefer it to be.

Really?I was thinking my DS3 wasn't cutting it. Yeah it's easy to pull off moves such as ultra's and it seems way more forgiving than SF3 in that, but it's hard to do any of the longer cancels/combo's on the challenge trial mode. I'm really starting to hate the triggers. :p

Honestly though, im just trying to aim for higher level play. It's fine for beating up any of my casual SF friends :)

Caj814

Aeris130 said:

www.arcadeinabox.com

Or you can look around Shoryuken.com in the trading outlet.

Theres absolutely NO REASON TO SPEND OVER $150 ON A STICK!
Unless you want it overly tricked out to show it off :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DRock said:
I just got my 10 wins in a row achievement :D Time of day definitely makes a difference. Everybody was so easy from 3pm - 4pm EST.

I earned mine at midnight. Gimmick character no one uses helps.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Does anyone know the minute technical differences between the PS3 and 360 version of SF4 such as resolution, possible frame rate dips, audio quality, load times etc? I want to pick this one up but would like the best version possible. All things being equal I’m leaning Ps3 as I’d like to use one of those Saturn usb pads. Thanks for your input!

Kintaro said:
I don't know. I don't know your friends. Do you play fighters with them a lot? What was the last SF they played? Who knows. Them liking the game should have little do to with how easy it is to get into because it has not changed at all very much (even got a bit easier in terms of inputs) besides the focus system and ultras.

<shrugs>
Was a rhetorical question, but thanks for answering anyways.

Gouty said:
Does anyone know the minute technical differences between the PS3 and 360 version of SF4 such as resolution, possible frame rate dips, audio quality, load times etc? I want to pick this one up but would like the best version possible. All things being equal I’m leaning Ps3 as I’d like to use one of those Saturn usb pads. Thanks for your input!
360 version has AA and PS3 dips to sub-HD resolutions during Ultras to keep 60 fps, but really the differences are so minute in motion. Just pick the version your friends have :p

alisdair

Does anyone have a link to the YouTube trial mode videos? I'm having trouble with timing of some of the basic cancels and I think seeing it done would help.

In general, do you want to cancel as soon as the first move hits, or just before the animation ends, or does it vary?

I finally got it! :D

I played a bit with Ken in training mode and I'm installing it now. Is FADC really that hard to pull off cause I did it a couple times with SRKs in training mode...

Caj814

_dementia said:
AIAB is backed up like 6 to 8 weeks on requests due to SF4.

Well that sucks.

Shoryuken trading outlet is still pretty good though since theres always at least 2 people selling a stick every week.Like others suggested he could also get a HRAP(look at MarkMans reviews on www.sdtekken.com for the correct model that doesn't have anything directly soldered) and do some button swaps.

Kintaro

sonicspear64 said:

I played a bit with Ken in training mode and I'm installing it now. Is FADC really that hard to pull off cause I did it a couple times with SRKs in training mode...

Nah, not hard. Just a matter of incorperating them them reliably into your game. Pretty soon I'll be doing button presses in my sleep... =/

iam220

Lumine said:
Really?I was thinking my DS3 wasn't cutting it. Yeah it's easy to pull off moves such as ultra's and it seems way more forgiving than SF3 in that, but it's hard to do any of the longer cancels/combo's on the challenge trial mode. I'm really starting to hate the triggers. :p

Honestly though, im just trying to aim for higher level play. It's fine for beating up any of my casual SF friends :)

Maybe i should rephrase and say it's more then adequate for scrubs such as myself. If you're on a higher level, then yeah I can see how sticks can be very desirable, but for someone who's favorite combo is to jump kick, medium punch and cancel to dragon punch; it does the job just fiine :D

Caj814

sonicspear64 said:

Not hard to do it in training but it's a bit of a learning curve to apply it in real matches and using it to get out of dangerous situations.

Kintaro said:
Nah, not hard. Just a matter of incorperating them them reliably into your game. Pretty soon I'll be doing button presses in my sleep... =/
I mean I was able to do it with a shitty pad too. This game is lenient on inputs so maybe that helps.

EDIT: Finished installing! Now time to unlock some characters! I'll probably see some people on later, but let me know if any kinda game night is going on.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
_dementia said:
360 version has AA and PS3 dips to sub-HD resolutions during Ultras to keep 60 fps, but really the differences are so minute in motion. Just pick the version your friends have :p

None of my friends play SF, so I guess I'm going Ps3. Thanks again!

Dartastic

I don't want no scrubs, a scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me hanging out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, trying to holler at me...

YakiSOBA

Can anyone pass any tips on how to get C.Vipers Seismic Hammer come out twice really fast?
I read on SRK that you hit df, df, up + punch right after the first SH... but my character always jumps when I hit the up... I've only been able to do that twice so far and it seemed to be by luck :(

Vangellis

Aeris130 said:
Holy shit, all you shoto haters weren't kidding.

Total matches: 43
Dahlsim: 3
Zangief: 1
Abel: 1
Blanka: 2

Akuma: 3

Ryu/Ken: Rest

Most good SF players know Ryu/ken like the back of there hand, i dont see the big deal. I played at least 50-60 matches and ryu/ken thing didnt seem bad to me. I change it up and use everyone and so did most of my opponents. If someone uses ken or ryu more than once I choose Ryu and fucking wreck them... then they leave :p and if they dont I keep using ryu till they switch or leave. So far I love the game, hate the last boss he is lame like most Capcom bosses.

I think I have tunnel vision here on GAF...all I see is this thread and the Aracde Stick thread :lol

Also I just bought the Exile single off of iTunes on my iPhone =P

(still here at work...can't wait to head home and play more SF4 =)

Phthisis

arstal said:
you can combo off his slide? Wow.

Down-forward fierce kick in SF4 is now the lunging mid-kick he had from the Alpha series (used to be a charge back-down to forward move IIRC). By the time he finishes the animation, you'll have charged down long enough to wall dive. You can sometimes catch people who let go of block after the first hit.

Xater

Vangellis said:
Most good SF players know Ryu/ken like the back of there hand, i dont see the big deal. I played at least 50-60 matches and ryu/ken thing didnt seem bad to me. I change it up and use everyone and so did most of my opponents. If someone uses ken or ryu more than once I choose Ryu and fucking wreck them... then they leave :p and if they dont I keep using ryu till they switch or leave. So far I love the game, hate the last boss he is lame like most Capcom bosses.

It's stil not fun to play Ken in 99% of my online matches. I rejoice every time someone picks something else.

Is there some sort of trick to linking Rog's headbutt into his super/ultra? It seems like whenever I do the headbutt I don't have enough time to charge for the other move.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Antdogg355 said:
Is there some sort of trick to linking Rog's headbutt into his super/ultra? It seems like whenever I do the headbutt I don't have enough time to charge for the other move.

Ya, i have the challenge to do a dash punch then his super. Just seems like no time to do it :/

_tetsuo_ said:
Ya, i have the challenge to do a dash punch then his super. Just seems like no time to do it :/
the charge for the dash punch counts as the first part of the super

so do your charge back, forward, press and hold punch and then immediately press back, forward, and release punch.

Caj814

Antdogg355 said:

HOLD UP/BACK once you see the headbutt come out.AS SOON AS YOU LAND go into Ultra.Takes a bit of practice but thats how I got it to work.

Top Bottom