• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Heh, just won my first match online. Someone using the tag "Legendary Fighter", against my "Not the face".

Seems like Rose is my main, since I'm quite handy with her.

Fuck Akuma, and Zangief users, all I ever seem to play against.

vertopci

Phthisis said:
Master the down-forward + fierce kick into EX wall dive combo. That is no joke. Three of those and your opponent will be dead or almost dead.

I'm pretty sure you can actually do the down-foward+fierce kick to a crouching weak kick then into a EX wall dive.

edit: nvm doesnt work :lol

haunts said:
Gotta make a lobby. Oichi told me about it, saying the most good players dont make lobbies but they jsut hunt for low level players to boost BP.

How is that possible? You can't see BP when searching for games as far as I can tell.

Jimmy Stav said:
How is that possible? You can't see BP when searching for games as far as I can tell.

You can set search priorities. Some people are probably setting theirs to find people with less BP than what they have. Mine is set to connection stability.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Jimmy Stav said:

Well you cant tell but more often than not when you search you will find low level players, like nothing above 600bp in my experiences. Again, I think most high level players are just on the hunt, wanting to boost their BP with easy wins.

Baby Milo

haunts said:
Well you cant tell but more often than not when you search you will find low level players, like nothing above 600bp in my experiences. Again, I think most high level players are just on the hunt, wanting to boost their BP with easy wins.
I really dont think thats the case i fight whoever i see first with a decent connection or whoever pops up in my room and im sure thats the same for most people

braimuge

Banned
I never knew this game had custom soundtracks on the PS3 version. I was hoping it did though. I got my ass whooped by Seth, almost gave up, so I went to the XMB. Then it got me thinking, what if the songs could actually play, this time? To my surprise, it actually worked :lol

Amazing game.

MoxManiac

haunts said:

I dunno, the way the BP system is designed I don't think it really works to troll low level players. You get so little BP from low level players after you reach a certain point, and if you ever lose (and it's possible, since could run into a good player that got the game late and start fresh) your BP gets RAPED.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
haunts said:

Speaking of higher BPs...I've gotten soooooooooooo close as Fuerte to beating some 2k+ BP players. Like, 1% final round close. Just lost them at the last moment. Feels good though. Black Chef's outfit = winning streak.

Teknoman

So when is the GAF online meetup beatdown happening again?

EDIT: Hate it when you lose with Fuerte at the last minute. If you've got a full Ultra stocked though, its easy to catch em off guard.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
hidepsyence said:
This game is soo good, but Seth is really really annoying..

Anyway, if anyone want to kick my ass, xblg is : shinwa it

: )

are you any good?

I'm looking for bad players so I can have a good time...like so bad you cant do focus attacks or combos

lol

There was something I found odd last night. Before my arcade hiatus, being on the right side used to be a definite weakness in my game when I used shotos. Last night, I was actually better on the right side. Weird.

ggp759

Banned
Somebody pls help me because am about to break the controller, the tv or both. Trying to get through challenge mode trials on normal with ken. On level 4 there is the following combination. Heavy kick and immediately after that hadoken. I have tried on 2 different tvs(plasma and lcd) with the 360 and the ps3 controller and i never here "sucess". How the hell is that being performed and what am i doing wrong? thanks for all the help.

ChrisGoldstein said:
are you any good?

I'm looking for bad players so I can have a good time...like so bad you cant do focus attacks or combos

lol
If you are bad don't get discouraged, I sucked at first. Then all of a sudden something clicked and I can do combos easily with Sagat, I even got the 10 ranked wins in a row achievement :O.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
haunts said:

This morning my 2200bp ran into a lot of guys of around 2300-2500bp. So you can get tough matches. Held my own in those.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ChrisGoldstein said:
are you any good?

lol
the focus attack is just holding 2 buttons tho :eek:

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Dartastic said:
"Sending data... Unable to play. Search again? Sending data... Unable to join because the game is already full. Search again? Sending data...Unable to play. Search again? Sending data... Unable to join because the game is already full. Search again? Sending data...Unable to play. Search again? Sending data... Unable to join because the game is already full. Search again? Sending data...Unable to play. Search again? Sending data... Unable to join because the game is already full. Search again? Sending data...Unable to play. Search again? Sending data... Unable to join because the game is already full. Search again? Sending data..."

FIX THIS
Seriously. The only way I can play online is by using Arcade mode and then I start getting into that and it gets interrupted. :lol

Also, fuck Akuma players.

Won

Ahhhh this is driving me nuts. No matter what I do I just can't do Ultras during a fight. I try it in training mode, see what I do wrong and try to correct my mistakes, but it simply doesn't work during an actual fight. :(

haunts

Bacon of Hope
MoxManiac said:
I dunno, the way the BP system is designed I don't think it really works to troll low level players. You get so little BP from low level players after you reach a certain point, and if you ever lose (and it's possible, since could run into a good player that got the game late and start fresh) your BP gets RAPED.

i dunno, i search and search even with it set to find players with higher skill level and its always low bp people. soon as i make a lobby i get ppl with higher bp. maybe it works different on PS3?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
-COOLIO- said:
the focus attack is just holding 2 buttons tho :eek:

shit I can do that I mean going into a dash and then doing those attacks where they're shining all golden

btw I suck so Jirotrom if you're good dont accept my friend request

Top Bottom