• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Akim

Banned
Antdogg355 said:
Is there some sort of trick to linking Rog's headbutt into his super/ultra? It seems like whenever I do the headbutt I don't have enough time to charge for the other move.

down back -> up back

e: beaten terribly

what I want to know is how to link the ultra, it seems like it just whiffs after headbutt for me

Spasm

Antdogg355 said:
Is there some sort of trick to linking Rog's headbutt into his super/ultra? It seems like whenever I do the headbutt I don't have enough time to charge for the other move.
I can't try this out atm, but I think it should be... When doing the headbutt, start with down/back, then go to up/back and hit punch for the buffalo head. That way, you've been holding back the whole time, so you should be charged for the dash punches.

Edit: Beaten like Dan vs Seth.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
_dementia said:
the charge for the dash punch counts as the first part of the super

whoa, can I do the same for Guile? db, df p for Sonic Boom, then db, uf k for Super?

-Mikey-

Any ps3 owners active online? Added a few people from the matchup thread but I guess we're never online at the same time : /

Also, had to order Japanese Playstation Network Cards since the US dlc isn't compatible with the japanese version. Seems though that they are 1 pack ahead of us.

Caj814

Akim said:
down back -> up back

what I want to know is how to link the ultra, it seems like it just whiffs after headbutt for me

EX Headbutt works a bit better and doing it near a corner.Plus some characters get juggled better than others.

Volcynika

Cammy's second hard trial is so annoying. I can't really get the medium punch to flow into the combo well, and even after that, the crouching medium kick doesnt ever seem to flow into it either.

:/

Phthisis

punkypine said:
whats the easiest way to combo into ryus super/ultra

If someone jumps at you, jump at them and use medium punch. If you do it right, they should go into a juggle state as they fall (i.e., instead of backflipping to their feet, they fall onto their back). Right as you land, use your Ultra, and it should connect with them before they hit the ground.

Another way (as far as I know): shoryuken, FADC, Ultra (got to time it right)

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Jimmy Stav said:
I'm stuck on Sagat's first challenge. How in the hell do you do his fake kick?

If you're using a controller, map all the face buttons to HK and sort of rub between them repeatedly. Eventually it'll work. :lol

roMonster

Can someone help a nub out:

how do you do Guile's ultra with the DS3--I don't understand the motion for the second part.

Hold down back then make a triangle motion on the d-pad?!?

Spasm

roMonster said:
Can someone help a nub out:

how do you do Guile's ultra with the DS3--I don't understand the motion for the second part.

Hold down back then make a triangle motion on the d-pad?!?
Basically, all you have to do is hit three down/diagonal points on the controller, then an up point.

So... charge DB, DF, DB, U (any up), 3xK

roMonster

Spasm said:
Basically, all you have to do is hit three down/diagonal points on the controller, then an up point.

So... DB, DF, DB, U (any up), 3xK

ohhh, that makes sense. I'll try it when I get a chance to play.

Thanks.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Its funny, I was going to rent this instead of Sonic Collection the other day. They had like 7 or 8 copies and I thought I could rent it play my Streets of Rage and then get this today. Boy I was wrong :lol

Ferrio

Banned
Akim said:
down back -> up back

1. Do it fast, too slow and they'll fall too far.
2. Do the Kick version. (b,f,b,f+KKK). Then let go of the buttons, after the second hit wiffs hold down the kicks again.

DiddyBop

faced my first gouken.his air game looks really good if a good player gets ahold of him. people online sure do love their ryu,but i cant complain cause im doing workkk wit ken:lol gonna try to learn c.viper one of these days,but im just playin too well with ken to abandon him.

Cianalas

Finally got my copy today. I haven't really played a Street Fighter games since SFII about a decade ago I'll admit, not having an real access to anything else but that. I bought SFII HF on XBLA a while ago and figured I'd polish off some of the rust while I waited for this. Using a stock 360 controller with a surprisingly responsive dpad I was able to get my self to a level of proficiency maybe notch higher than when I last played a decade ago. Just played a match of SFIV and it seems to me that it's even more responsive than I thought it would be even on a stock 360 controller (albeit with an atypical dpad). I never really thought of myself as particularly at SF and it feels like perfect fit.

DiddyBop

yea im having trouble finding good players. it seems when i was at 0 BP guys with 600-800 BP would pop outta nowhere. but now that im at 1500+ BP the onyl ppl i can find have 0-200 BP,weird.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
DigitalA1chemy said:
*sigh* I've given up on getting a good stick. No one has a TE or HRAP EX for a decent price...

Looking at the prices on Amazon...the prices from sellers are just disgusting. Thanks Seth Killian! thanks Mad Catz! :lol =(

HoTHiTTeR

Kintaro said:
Looking at the prices on Amazon...the prices from sellers are just disgusting. Thanks Seth Killian! thanks Mad Catz! :lol =(

sadly it's a 2-fold explanation as to why the Hori stick costs have sky rocketed; 1) supply/demand - the old EX2's are really really hard to come by and you have to pray your online retailer of choice has the HRAP's, 2) Quality. If the SE mad catz stick didn't have this washer/pcb issue, more people wouldn't jumping ship for Hori.

vertopci

Anyone have any tips for that god damn j.HP->c.LP->c.MP->rolling crystal flash thing for vega on the first hard challenge? Fucking shit is impossible >.>

haunts said:
Gotta make a lobby. Oichi told me about it, saying the most good players dont make lobbies but they jsut hunt for low level players to boost BP.

From my experience last night, I can confirm this. Almost every time I hosted, I'd run into a 1,000+ BP player. I was in the 200s when I got knocked down to 11 and decided to train more offline.

jonah777

Jimmy Stav said:
I'm stuck on Sagat's first challenge. How in the hell do you do his fake kick?

It took nothing short of me having a seizure on the 360 pad for me to get this... glad that's over with. Good God I need my TE stick now, Amazon.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
HoTHiTTeR said:
sadly it's a 2-fold explanation as to why the Hori stick costs have sky rocketed; 1) supply/demand - the old EX2's are really really hard to come by and you have to pray your online retailer of choice has the HRAP's, 2) Quality. If the SE mad catz stick didn't have this washer/pcb issue, more people wouldn't jumping ship for Hori.

More than that too. The problems with getting TE sticks out to customers who pre-ordered plus SF4 as a whole have also icnreased demand for an alternative. Hori should get cracking on replenishing stock ASAP. Or making a counter to the TE stick for both systems.

Kintaro said:
More than that too. The problems with getting TE sticks out to customers who pre-ordered plus SF4 as a whole have also icnreased demand for an alternative. Hori should get cracking on replenishing stock ASAP. Or making a counter to the TE stick for both systems.
Hori actually does make Full-Sanwa and Full-Seimitsu HRAPs, just not for the American market.

Top Bottom