• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

ChrisGoldstein said:
shit I can do that I mean going into a dash and then doing those attacks where they're shining all golden

btw I suck so Jirotrom if you're good dont accept my friend request

Those are EX attacks. Just do a special and use two punches or kicks.

Lumine

I'm having that problem as well. I can still get games, but it's way more effective to get an online game for me to turn on accepting fight requests and heading to arcade. Trying to find games myself gets me "unable to connect" 90% of the time. While in arcade I get into a game every 10 seconds or so.

Anyway, I'm having trouble with wake ups. How exactly do I wake up quicker and how do I stop someone from using shoryuken on me while I wake up? :(

slayn

needs to show more effort.
trying out this 'make a lobby' thing and I'm not seeing any results. I have yet to come across a single person with more BP (1700) than me. And raping ken for 10bp has lost its appeal.

Zertez

Macatz and Capcom really dropped the ball with the release. No fightpads, fightsticks, or tournament sticks, no CEs and some stores are sold out of the regular edition everywhere in this town. Im sure the demand is higher than what they anticipated, but they werent even in the ballpark on their estimates. Guess Im still bitter GS hasnt recieved my preorder tournament stick that I made back in the beginning of December.

I think the F- Ken mentality should only be applied to scrubs. Ken is beastly in the right hands, and a lot of fun to play as and against.

On another topic, I got completely destroyed by an Abel and a Bison today. Tried Guile against both and just got sent back. Any tips for those matchups? I don't think my Ken would've beat them either though. Probably do better vs. Abel, but that Bison...

damn.gif

BTW, I'm ready to prematurely call this game "the ULLLLLLLLLLLLLTIMATE STREEEEET FIGHTERRRRRRR" :D

that was incredibly lame :(

Zertez said:
Macatz and Capcom really dropped the ball with the release. No fightpads, fightsticks, or tournament sticks, no CEs and some stores are sold out of the regular edition everywhere in this town. Im sure the demand is higher than what they anticipated, but they werent even in the ballpark on their estimates. Guess Im still bitter GS hasnt recieved my preorder tournament stick that I made back in the beginning of December.
my sticks shipped from Amazon yesterday. :)

be patient. it will come.

Zertez said:

Yeah I gave up even looking for any of these controllers. If I happen to stroll across them I'll definetly pick em up but I more the likely will stumble upon them a month or so from now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Zertez said:
They dropped the ball but even HRAP's are sold out on Amazon. SF4 is probably doing much bigger business than anyone expected.

MIMIC

Banned
Challenge mode with Guile:

Is it even POSSIBLE to do a flash kick and then do his Double Flash (super combo) without using FADC?

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Jirotrom said:
I dont consider myself good Goldstein... its just that no one really plays as Guile except for me and very very few others.

I'm best with blanka I think but I just do the old street fighter moves, I need to get his new moves down.

I really like c viper's moves but I get crushed with her.

MoxManiac

MIMIC said:

Is it even POSSIBLE to do a flash kick and then do his Double Flash (super combo) without using FADC?

Yeah, you have to cancel into the super. Try charing db, uf, K, then the rest of the super motion and kick. I think. I dunno, not really that familar with SF4 Guile.

ggp759

Banned
ggp759 said:
Somebody pls help me because am about to break the controller, the tv or both. Trying to get through challenge mode trials on normal with ken. On level 4 there is the following combination. Heavy kick and immediately after that hadoken. I have tried on 2 different tvs(plasma and lcd) with the 360 and the ps3 controller and i never here "sucess". How the hell is that being performed and what am i doing wrong? thanks for all the help.
can someone help me here please?

Lumine said:
I'm having that problem as well. I can still get games, but it's way more effective to get an online game for me to turn on accepting fight requests and heading to arcade. Trying to find games myself gets me "unable to connect" 90% of the time. While in arcade I get into a game every 10 seconds or so.

(

I think the problem is probably related to the accepting of fights in arcade mode, someone here told me to host, and I get games pretty much instantly.

I'm assuming those that are hosting are those interrupting people playing in arcade. Thus when attempting to find games you get that "unable to connect" message, because those you're trying to connect to are directly interrupting others playing in arcade instead of trying to find others looking for games the old fashioned way..

Volcynika

Relix said:
Man, Zangief is fucking overpowered. Chun Li is weak as hell. Screw her.

I just fought one that had like 1500 more BP than me, and beat him barely. He kept sitting there waiting on me to grapple me. I had to use a good combo of alternating stuff to keep him from doing anything too damaging.

braimuge

Banned
Relix said:

I hate Zangief, I actually feared him more then Seth...that is until I actually met Seth..

And wtf, is Seth using the same technique as Zangief on anyone else here too? He keeps doing that grab on me.wtf.

Xevren

MIMIC said:

Yea its possible, you have to be extremely fast. Have to 2 in 1 from flash straight to super.

ggp759 said:

Do you have any experience with 2 in 1's? You just have to be really fast with the fireball command once the kick connects. Really all there is to it.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
ChrisGoldstein said:
I'm best with blanka I think but I just do the old street fighter moves, I need to get his new moves down.

I really like c viper's moves but I get crushed with her.

Ya, shes awesome but I cant play with her for shit.

Relix said:
my Blanka turns Zangief into a bytch. I'm 9-0 in ranked matches vs. Gief with my Blanka.

and Chun is nigh weak, sir. you need to learn how to use her better before spewing such shenanigans. :D

ggp759 said:
speed, sir. must do it faster.

press forward and push the heavy punch.

let that forward movement for the first part be the start of your hadoken motion.

???

profit.

Edit: and as one other already said, if you don't have a stick, might want to invest in one. it is a difference-maker.

I would not stress about the Hard level trial challenges, though. that shyt is for the birds.

braimuge

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
speed, sir. must do it faster.

press forward and push the heavy punch.

let that forward movement for the first part be the start of your hadoken motion.

???

profit.

I really don't get the Chun li ultra move.

What do I actually do?

MIMIC

Banned
Xevren said:
Yea its possible, you have to be extremely fast. Have to 2 in 1 from flash straight to super.

I'm familiar with the 2 in 1 (and really good with Guile) but from a flash to a super? This is mind boggling. How exactly do you do this? Do you have to charge for the super or no?

YakiSOBA

Dream-Visionz, are you maining C. Viper? Got any tips, I just played for 3 hrs and (no joke) managed 2 wins..... in ...... THREE hours :(

...that's 3 hours non=stop... my thumb is killing me :(

braimuge said:
I really don't get the Chun li ultra move.

What do I actually do?
I haven't even tried it. I'm just speaking for experiences online. I've been very competitive with her. her flipping bird kick thing is a difference maker.

Sectus

Well, I finally beat Seth using Zangief while spamming his 3P move. I don't think I'll ever touch arcade mode again besides unlocking rest of the characters on easiest difficulty.

To be honest, right now I feel the game is vastly over praised. Sure, the game can be fun when playing against friends and the netcode is better than most fighters, but almost everything else in the game is very poor:
-Singleplayer is a joke. AI is either way too easy, or so freaking hard you have to start using exploits to stand a chance. It doesn't help you at all to fight well against human players.
-Besides arcade mode, you only have the challenges as a singleplayer options, which have extremely limited appeal.
-The game does nothing to help newbies learn the game. The only "learning" component part of the game are the trials, which teaches no gameplay elements besides combos which are stupidly difficult to pull off (and has no usage unless you've a very high level player).
-The online portion of the game is too limited as well. Only 1vs1 lobbies, no spectactor option. The arcade/matchmaking is a rather stupid addition, does anyone seriously enjoy randomly switching between the AI and human players?
-DLC ripoffs doesn't exactly make the game more appealing.
-The narrator and main menu music... is driving me fucking nuts. I'm warning you all, Capcom added this to the game because they hate gamers and they want us all to go mad. In 2 weeks the entire gaming population will take suicide because they can't get that song out of their heads, and they keep hearing the narrator in their nightmares.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
ahahaha I've been playing without a fierce punch the entire time. I had medium punch mapped to both Y and left bumper. no wonder Honda's headbutt seemed so weak, rofl. I can't wait until my stick shows up.

Zertez

Chamber said:
They dropped the ball but even HRAP's are sold out on Amazon. SF4 is probably doing much bigger business than anyone expected.
Understandable how Hori could be caught of guard, but Capcom and MC really blew it. With the hype surrounding the game and the marketing machine they built, you would think they would at least have readily available cheaper peripherals on the market, 3 days after release. Tournament Edition sticks and Collectors edition I could see, but no fightpads or normal sticks is a bad miscalculation. If they were worried about the SF4 branded controllers sitting on the shelf, make them black or white and continue to sell them with the the new Tekken. It seems like they expected SF4 to sell like SF3 :lol Im pretty bitter after struggling to land any combo using the 360 controller.

Xevren

MIMIC said:
I'm familiar with the 2 in 1 (and really good with Guile) but from a flash to a super? This is mind boggling. How exactly do you do this? Do you have to charge for the super or no?

You don't have to charge for the super. What I do is, charge db, uf+kick, then I roll to down and continue rolling to ub+kick. I hope that makes sense :p

You don't have a lot of time to get it out, so if you see Guile leave the ground at all then you know you'll have to be faster.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Dr. Zoidberg said:
If so, then maybe we'll get that SFIV-ized version of Darkstalkers we all want.
That will never happen. It just doesn't have Street Fighter's appeal.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
YakiSOBA said:
Dream-Visionz, are you maining C. Viper? Got any tips, I just played for 3 hrs and (no joke) managed 2 wins..... in ...... THREE hours :(

I admire your persistence, man. I just spent 15 minutes getting annihilated and turned that shit off.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Actually Chun was my main from SF2 and SF3 so I know what I am talking about :lol She was definitely nerfed, and she's weak at taking hits. Of course I win more than lose against here, but Zangiefs vs. Chun is a nightmare.

my brother is playing under my PSN account. he's just jumping in and doing c.hk with akuma/ryu. he's s ruining my already ruined name with shitty fighting tactic.

anyways. i need to learn to better play with rufus. i freak out when i start losing :lol

braimuge

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
I haven't even tried it. I'm just speaking for experiences online. I've been very competitive with her. her flipping bird kick thing is a difference maker.

yeah, she's awesome. Winning is a bit more possible when I choose her. By the way, how do I unlock Fei Long?

YakiSOBA said:

aww man. :'-(

yes, I'm maining her and Blanka for now.

I'd recommend doing the trial challenges. get through all the normal level challlenges. those will give you some good combos. then go to training mode, play against the CPU and crank the difficulty all the way up. get used to using the combos you've learned and enhance your discipline in executing her moves regularly.

with CV, you need to stay close to your opponent, as most of her moves are up-close-and-personal moves. you can play a distance game with those ground punches, but they take getting used to. and she can do that super jump and cross the whole screen, which is important to know and gain proficiency in using.

trying to think if there's anything else for now....

...um, that's probably about it. her combos are good when you can get them off, and she doesn't put herself in a vulnerable position too much. her anti-air uppercut is QUALITY if you use it. be careful using the ground punch, as it leaves her the most vulnerable. the up side to the ground punches is that they are the most powerful "projectile" that I've seen in the game (aside from Akuma's charged fireball).

I did all mine time trial and survival challenges with CV. it helps.

Lastly, keep in mind: AI cannot replicate what real flesh and blood people will do. after you've put in all the offline work to build an understand of how to use her, spend some time in Player matches, where you can get adapted to the turtlers and special move whores out there online.

that's all I can think of now. pardon if this was a bid disjointed. I haven't eaten today and am starting to feel delirious.

*off to go find food*

braimuge said:
yeah, she's awesome. Winning is a bit more possible when I choose her. By the way, how do I unlock Fei Long?
Abel - unlocks Fei Long

also...

C. Viper - unlocks Cammy
Ryu - unlocks Sakura
Sakura - unlocks Dan
Chun Li - unlocks Gen
M. Bison - unlocks Rose

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Killa Sasa said:
On another topic, I got completely destroyed by an Abel and a Bison today. Tried Guile against both and just got sent back. Any tips for those matchups? I don't think my Ken would've beat

i kind of struggle with the bison matchup in this game as well (grifter's bison probably wrecked me harder than anyone i've played), but keep in mind that he has poor antiairs and can be jumped at pretty safely, and that sonic booms will shut down his psycho crusher and knee press. if you're throwing booms at a distance, try to move around between them to throw off his headstomp. in hd remix i liked jumping away and hitting hp to counter his headstomp, but i'm not sure whether that works here

MIMIC

Banned
Xevren said:
You don't have to charge for the super.

@_@

If I can pull this off, my Guile just got 10x better. I had no idea that Guile's super could be pulled off in such a fashion that it didn't require charging. Is this true for other SF games that he is in (like Alpha 3)?

What I do is, charge db, uf+kick, then I roll to down and continue rolling to ub+kick. I hope that makes sense :p

You don't have a lot of time to get it out, so if you see Guile leave the ground at all then you know you'll have to be faster.

Hmm. Thanks.

Top Bottom