• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

jonah777

Too bad C. Viper doesn't have a projectile... she'd be a lot more versatile. Its taking some time getting comfortable w/ her thunder knuckle.

Cowie

God, finding a Ranked Match can be infuriating. I really preferred the quickmatch implementation in HDR

IDK if it's just me or what, but it takes me 20+ tries on average to find a game, between 'game already full' and the generic couldn't join message. Am I doing something wrong? I tried forwarding the ports microsoft suggests (my router doesn't specify tcp or udp, so i guess it's doing both?) and then i just set my 360 to be DMZ. And of course, when I make a lobby, nobody joins. Augh.

xintin

would like to play some Gaffers tonight than random shotos.
PSN: xintin

is there an invite system for online? i cant figure it out

Cowie I'm having a similar problem. Whats even weirder is when I search for custom matches, even with any specifications, I get nothing. Its really bizarre.

MIMIC

Banned
God damn. Using these combos in Challenge Mode (hard) makes me look like a pro. :lol I'd never use them in a regular battle unless I practiced them day and night. Timing is WAYYYY too essential.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Cowie said:
God, finding a Ranked Match can be infuriating. I really preferred the quickmatch implementation in HDR

IDK if it's just me or what, but it takes me 20+ tries on average to find a game, between 'game already full' and the generic couldn't join message. Am I doing something wrong? I tried forwarding the ports microsoft suggests (my router doesn't specify tcp or udp, so i guess it's doing both?) and then i just set my 360 to be DMZ. And of course, when I make a lobby, nobody joins. Augh.
Play in arcade mode with the ranked search on. You'll get a ton of matches.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Cowie said:

If you want games fast, the best option is to turn on that 'accept challenges' and then just play arcade mode.

Otherwise, I have the same problems. The difference is I've stopped even looking at bars or stats of the games I'm joining. I just mash the crap out of the x button until it lets me in. I've found even with 1 or 0 bars 90% of my matches have no noticeable lag.

So is it the conclusion that its the games search implementation and not our connections? I mean, I'm also having a weird problem with Quick search matches and some people who join me in arcade, int hat they don't have a latency bar next to their name.

I'm using Abel as my main, loving it. Still learning of course. If anyone with a PS3 wants a game, hit me up. I'd like to play some decent players.

PSN: neversaydie13

Hmmm... I was doing survival mode and one of the stages (where you're fighting in like an arena with a LCD screen behind you) one of the prenote says "Hey. look who is that in the crowd?"
Did anyone find out who this was? I don't seem to recognize anyone.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
_tetsuo_ said:
Who gets fighting games to play single player? That just doesnt make any sense. The AI will almost always be too hard or too easy. I'm not so happy about no spectating but thats a price to pay for pretty much flawless online matches.
Eh. I kind of agree with him and would probably rank SF4's single player below a lot of other fighters. Trial mode is a joke as far as teaching you anything and once I unlock Gouken, I don't plan on ever playing the AI again.

Thank God the online is as smooth as it is (which is really what matters).

Zeliard

HankScorpio said:
Hmmm... I was doing survival mode and one of the stages (where you're fighting in like an arena with a LCD screen behind you) one of the prenote says "Hey. look who is that in the crowd?"

I saw Vega coming out of the plane in Guile's stage at one point. :lol

Teknoman

HankScorpio said:

Me either.

Zapages

Local Gamestop was cool enough and allowed me and bunch others just practice on 360 version, winner plays next person with about 5-6 people just hanging around there. It was a lot of fun playing against high level skilled player although we were using 360 pads...

PS: Guile's stage/Africa stage with huge plane traveling across the run way - Balrong/Boxer is in the plane swinging is fists from one of the doors... :lol

Dhalsim's teleport is dragon punch or forward, down, down forward and three punches or kicks to determine the distance.

And Seth...is easy except on the Hardest level. But he does start spazzing after you beat him the first round.

Does the 10 win in a row thing track through play sessions? I was up to 7 but had to put the game down for a bit. First time in like 8 years that I've gotten gamer thumb.

Oh and Cammy is a god. She's a complete powerhouse and has ridiculously good range.

One thing though is ever since switching to my fightpad, I can't pull off bdf moves. Like, at all. It doesn't make since because I can pull fireballs with ease, from either direction. Anyone else have problems like that?

so_awes

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Does the 10 win in a row thing track through play sessions? I was up to 7 but had to put the game down for a bit. First time in like 8 years that I've gotten gamer thumb.

Oh and Cammy is a god. She's a complete powerhouse and has ridiculously good range.

One thing though is ever since switching to my fightpad, I can't pull off bdf moves. Like, at all. It doesn't make since because I can pull fireballs with ease, from either direction. Anyone else have problems like that?
try using a cotton tshirt.

yeb

Son of Godzilla said:
Go to training mode, turn on the input display, and see what direction(s) you're missing. Hooray for a decent training mode.

Won

Man this game needs proper matchmaking. There are enough players on my skill level, send them to me!

Came across my first Gouken. What an ugly old man. People really want to play as him? Was surprised that I beat him. I can't even unlock Akuma. :lol

Top Bottom