• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Guled

Sakura is so awesome in this game, after Cammy she is the character I'm going to main. Also Seth is a real bitch, I can handle him fine with the other characters but got my ass kicked playing as Abel, anyone got and tips?

Ferrio

Banned
slayn said:
he seems to be more defensive in 4. I had loads of trouble getting in and past the jab. And you were starting to get the hang of headbutt->ultra the more games we got into it. Which is extra scary because the range on headbutt is really deceptive.

Ya I've started to stop whiffing it. I have yet to get my B&B combo off in *any* match I've played so far.

I fought one non-shoto user today for Christ's sake, though on the bright side I spent a lot of it teaching scrotos how unsafe shoryukens are with Abel's crazy Rekka ex cancel combos.

Threi

notag
Rufus is looking like more of a lost cause (i just can't get the playstyle down), so I am now putting faith in Viper.

Oh and fuck gief.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Sorry Raxus... :(

To counter an uppercut after I miss it just lariat or 360.

GGs dementia, sorry i had to kick you, trying to play a bunch of ppl right now.

Okay, just got home and started playing... two things.

1) My PSN ID is Scott_Spiegel is anyone wants an easy win; so far I'm winless for the night.

2) How do I shut off the free invite for online matches? I'm trying to play through Arcade Mode, but I get interrupted during every match with a challenge. Arcade authentic, but very annoying also.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Spike Spiegel said:
Okay, just got home and started playing... two things.

1) My PSN ID is Scott_Spiegel is anyone wants an easy win; so far I'm winless for the night.

2) How do I shut off the free invite for online matches? I'm trying to play through Arcade Mode, but I get interrupted during every match with a challenge. Arcade authentic, but very annoying also.
its in your profile, where you set your title. I think you hit R1 from the main menu or something like that.

WTF? For some reason I can't log onto PSN. The connection test says everything is fine but when I try to sign on I get an error message. Shit, I was really going to dive into some games tonight too.

vg260

Maybe a dumb question, but is there any way the charge-based characters (Guile) can dash-cancel out of a focus attack and still keep their charge for a follow-up combo? It seems like that technique gives the other characters an advantage if they can quickly combo into a special.

Ferrio

Banned
Think I'm going to start using this combo online. People eat Barlog's EX Overhead constantly when I play... so this is a good setup for my ultra.

EX Dash Low Smash -> c.lk -> HP Headbutt -> Ultra

WOW! I'm amazed at how much a little reading + practice helps to get better at this game. Two days ago I was so pissed: unable to get the timing down for supers/ultra, no clue at all how to execute EX moves, and spending an 1+ trying to beat Seth on Easy settings...

...and now I just flew through Seth on Medium with little difficulty. I know how to use all the moves and am slowlly getting better with FAs and cancelling moves. And 533 BP after waddling in <50 for a while. The amount of reward/returns in this game is awesome!

Also, I'm maining Cammy at the moment and I'm loving it. I've always enjoyed the weaker, faster characters. However, I'm having a hard time fighting blanka players. I'm pretty much always up in people's space just jumping over and low kicking or canon spiraling, but Blanka's electricity always throws me off. I guess I can just stay away from him up close but I don't have my Hooligan move down enough proper to jump across the screen with ease. Oh well :(

Volcynika

myDingling said:
Also, I'm maining Cammy at the moment and I'm loving it. I've always enjoyed the weaker, faster characters. However, I'm having a hard time fighting blanka players. I'm pretty much always up in people's space just jumping over and low kicking or canon spiraling, but Blanka's electricity always throws me off. I guess I can just stay away from him up close but I don't have my Hooligan move down enough proper to jump across the screen with ease. Oh well :(

Yeah, the Hooligan skill I always mess up on the motions and forget exactly what it is.

But yay more Cammy people!

Rezbit

So I played this at my friends last night. It's pretty awesome, and it was good to see most of my SF2 skills still intact. Keyword, most. I played through arcade mode on easy, and most fights I breezed through, except Zangief and Seth. Jesus they buffed Zangief for this game! I thought he was supposed to be big and slow? He gets into your face instantly with that green fist move then does a damn piledriver! And Seth is just the most frustrating boss since Ultimate Rugal. Teleport teleport teleport.

Dave Long

Banned
Dudes, I was rockin' the M. Bison on all the Shotos tonight. I know I had the one guy cussing like mad. I was down about half a bar, came back and won with some Psycho Crushers, Psycho Kicks, Head Stomps and an Ultra.

Second round I teleported behind him every time he threw a fireball or made a move and got a Perfect for the round. Dude couldn't have been happy.

I think I lost one match with Bison once I switched to him. I was so tired of getting my shit rocked as C. Viper. I just need more time to figure out her technical game. At first I thought I'd Ken some of these damn Shotos and beat them at their own game, then I was like, "No, it's time for some Bison." Glad I went there. I just wish more people had their headsets on so I could hear them bitch. :)

10fdpy1.gif

I feel like I'm fighting the controller after so much Smash Bros, pulling off the exact move when you want to takes a lot of practice. But it's a lot of fun and I'm considering buying it after the rental is up.

Any tips for fighting Seth in arcade mode, on easy? :lol

Xevren

NameGenerated said:
Good games Xevren, can't do an Ultra on my 360 pad to save my life. :lol

Ew a 360 pad! I was trying to pick people I havent been so at least you could do something. Jesus im awful with Viper. That was the first time I ever used Gouken, I felt like a slug.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Xevren said:
Ew a 360 pad! I was trying to pick people I havent been so at least you could do something. Jesus im awful with Viper. That was the first time I ever used Gouken, I felt like a slug.
My SE stick broke :(

Anyone know if this Cammy combo works?

hk spiral arrow xx mk, hk cannon spike xx hk cannon spike

I still suck at FADC with Cammy so I can't test it.

lupin23rd

Trying to do some of the Trial Challenges and so far I am really stuck on the 4th level for both Ryu and Cammy (the only two I've tried :lol)

The first combo for Ryu is I believe jumping HK, crouching MK, followed by a hurricane kick.

The first combo for Cammy is jumping HK, standing HP, Cannon Spike.

I think I'm getting close and I know I need to basically cancel the move before the special, but I'm not having much luck.

Any advice for these? I'm working with a TE stick if that helps out.

Cheers!

Finally got my CE today, though the box was a bit bent due to poor shipping material. :(

Marathoned Arcade all day to unlock all the characters in one sitting. Going to tackle Challenge Mode next.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
received Akuma's 'Ten" Home T-Shirt. So apparently there is more than just the one for dan. No idea what unlocked it, all I did was start the game.

bumpkin

lupin23rd said:
Trying to do some of the Trial Challenges and so far I am really stuck on the 4th level for both Ryu and Cammy (the only two I've tried :lol)

The first combo for Ryu is I believe jumping HK, crouching MK, followed by a hurricane kick.

I think I'm getting close and I know I need to basically cancel the move before the special, but I'm not having much luck.

Cheers!
I'm not sure about Cammy's combo, but Ryu's is simple. You have to jump in with the HK -- the deeper the better -- but when you throw the crouching MK, don't let go of the button until you do the QCB for the hurricane kick. If you time it right, the crouching MK will connect and then he'll launch the hurricane kick when you let go of MK (after doing the QCB while the crouching MK connects). From what I've been told, this technique is essential for landing some of the advanced combos.

The one I got stuck on with Ryu was the combo after the one you're on. It's a jumping HK, followed by a crouching HP, a hadoken, and an EX focus attack; I can't get the hadoken to come out after the crouching HP no matter how slow or fast I try. :(

Kewk

Banned
lupin23rd said:

Cheers!

You don't cancel those. You have to buffer the hurricane/cannon spike motion as you are pressing the previous move.

/edit where I am stuck is giefs 4th hard :\ I can get the body splash lp, lp, lp, standing lk, fire hand (forgot the name) everytime but the hand never connects :\ and I am buffering the hand with the standing lk each time. Guess I just need to be faster :(

Top Bottom