• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Saerk

Well I got the 10 straight wins achievement. I did it with Zangief. Most people just don't seem to have any idea of how to deal with him especially when he gets close. I managed 20 wins in a row before I lost to a Sagat.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Jamesfrom818 said:
Oh yeah. There was one really annoying Boxer. All he would do is block and counter. He eventually wore me down because I couldn't find an effective way to get him out of turtling. I can't throw him with the Hooligan Combination. His attacks would just break FA armor. Any tips?
if he seriously just waits for you to attack then can you walkup and cross him up? Balrog doesn't handle crossups well at all.

Alivor

I'm happy with my performance online. I went from like a 19% win ratio to a 50% ratio in one night, and had 5 straight wins in ranked tonight. I think I only have like 300 some BP, but I've only played 10 or so ranked matches.

arstal said:
Walk up and throw him? Poke with low forward? Bait something and punish that?

Against turtles I tend to try to look like I'm attacking but not. It will always work eventually.

I did get a few throws in but he wised up a bit. Even though the Hooligan doesn't grab crouched players, I suppose I could cancel out of it so I don't do the slide and then just throw.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Not that anyone cares, but I broke top 100 today on ranking so im like 75 (or was earlier, not sure what im at now) with 85% win ratio,, 3600 BPs, 321 fights and 273 wins, including player matches.

Spike Spiegel said:
Anyone got tips for pulling off Ryu's standing HP into the Shoryuken? I'm trying to do the challenges, and I can pull off a crouching HP into the Shoryuken fairly easily, but can't seem to get this one right.

FP, downforward, downforward + p

do the DF DF part hella quick

Street Fighter Night was a smash hit! I had a few friends over who purchased SF IV earlier this week. I decided to throw SF IV on my HD projector, and we sat and played for a good few hours (it felt like half an hour passed). Lots of yelling, some friendly trash talk and good time had by all..

DSC08034.jpg

DSC08035.jpg

DSC08036.jpg

One last pic for the Ryu and Ken haters :lol

DSC08039.jpg

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
arstal said:
Walk up and throw him? Poke with low forward? Bait something and punish that?

Against turtles I tend to try to look like I'm attacking but not. It will always work eventually.
Excessive turtling almost makes me wish the game had the taunt system from Ballz. In that game each successive taunt from either opponent would increase the power of the next attack until the match eventually turned into a one hit kill sudden death.

Anyone find inputting commands, such as Shoryuken and fireballs a bit off? Sometimes my character will do a trip without a kick button pressed. Is it the buffering? It's kind of frustrating...almost to where I can't stand playing at times. I don't recall it being this way for past SF titles. Thanks.

Alivor

Unknown Fighter Type II said:
Anyone find inputting commands, such as Shoryuken and fireballs a bit off? Sometimes my character will do a trip without a kick button pressed. Is it the buffering? It's kind of frustrating...almost to where I can't stand playing at times. I don't recall it being this way for past SF titles. Thanks.
I had this problem too, but it seems to have gone away. Maybe I got adjusted to it, or i broke my d-pad in and it's more responsive. I dunno.

Alright, I'm done for the night; I've gotta work tomorrow and frustration will keep me awake. You'd think I'd at least luck my way into a win online, but nope. I feel like the scrubbiest shoto scrub in the scrubby land of scrubsylvania... scrub.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The commands are a little too loose in this game. I swear I sometimes do the exact same motion and get different moves.

I cant do any type of half circle or quarter circle or shoryuken on the TE Stick.. I whiff about 25% of the time..

Charge chars im fine though.. I just don't get it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I haven't been this utterly addicted to a game since, well, since...

Okay, last two times I remember: Super Mario Galaxy in 2007, and Street Fighter Alpha 2 on my freakin' Sega Saturn in 1996. Holy god.

Anyway, said god help me, I am maining Dan. He's just too much of a riot with SFIV's animation and his ridiculous Ultra combo.

Not doing too bad with Dan however. Dan is, and ever shall be, the Man.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
akuma has an attack involving light kick + light punch, but i cant read the text in brackets

why do game companies hate poor people with SDTV?

anyone know what im talking about?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just going to have to concede myself to the fact that I will never unlock all the characters.

This sucks, the game is so much fun otherwise. :(

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Rez said:
I'm just going to have to concede myself to the fact that I will never unlock all the characters.

This sucks, the game is so much fun otherwise. :(
I just need to unlock Gouken. Couldn't give a rats ass about Seth.

For some reason, I haven't been able to pull an Ultra since this morning.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I've been doing this Ryu combo accidentally, can anybody help me figure out the details so I can pull it off more consistently? I jump in with light punch, do a light shoryuken, and then end with Ryu's super by pushing the light punch button. There's no focus attacks or dash cancels involved here. I get this combo very randomly so I have no idea how I'm doing it. I'm guessing there's some cancelling involved, but can anybody spell out the combo sequence in order for me? :D

Out of 24 matches online today, I won 15 with......Vega!!!!

I have found my main. Im in the 600+ BP range now.

Vega is so quick, its easy to overwhelm players. Im sure panic sets in with all the crazy stuff he can do. Great thing is, I use his specials as a last resort. Play smart get in your attack, back out, back in, rinse repeat. His specials get you in close when you need to keep a distance an his variations of HK are brutal. I think when things are said and done, Vega will not be considered a bottom tier player anymore.

jacobs34

I'm really enjoying playing Zangief online, he does a great job of getting through the fireball spammers defenses and once he gets in close it's game over. They do need to add some range to his Ultra Combo however, it doesn't seem fair that you basically have to back a guy into a corner to execute his ultra.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
anybody else maining sakura? she's gonna take lotsa practice to get good with. those tatsu chains are sick...if only i could do them more consistently

robot

Man, Chun Li is freakin awesome. Think I found a character I'm gonna be focusing on for a while. What's funny is I used to play as her a ton in 2, and sorta tailed off after that. Seems like they gave her a lot of great moves/strings in this one.

The TE stick has blown me away so far, picked it up along with the Hori EX Pro and feels a ton better (even though they use the same sticks iirc).

Pewp

So I shouldn't play this like HD Remix? I can't throw and whenever I try Ryu's special I do a dragon punch! Damn this is frustrating!

Mamesj

Banned
I almost feel like I'm cheating when I pull off a last minute ultra when he's got 1/4+ bar left and I've got one hit left. like I'm hitting the win button. :\

I am terrible at this!
After about 6 hours i have beat easiest on ryu, the thai guy and sakura.
its hard :D
i remember playing SF II turbo on my SNES. Im enjoying this game.
i wish i could win a match online though :(
xbox id: RATAB if you wanna easy win :(

FightyF

Banned
I can't even do a Medium Kick -> Light Yoga Flame combo :(

Gonna try online soon, if anyone wants to boost their win percentages you know who to contact. :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
neojubei said:
i thought everyone knew this., :lol :lol :lol
I haven't really been following this thread. I'm a very casual SF player.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Okay, from a newb, is there a way for a Ryu type character to beat Zangief? It seems like all of Zangief's moves have priority over everything I can do. He can block fireballs, his spin thing negates any air attacks and you can't get close because he can grab the fuck out of you and destroy half your health.

I have no idea why I always have trouble against grapple characters. :(

Volcynika

-COOLIO- said:
akuma has an attack involving light kick + light punch, but i cant read the text in brackets

why do game companies hate poor people with SDTV?

anyone know what im talking about?

Yeah, trying to read the moveset on an SDTV is horrible.

Mamesj said:
I almost feel like I'm cheating when I pull off a last minute ultra when he's got 1/4+ bar left and I've got one hit left. like I'm hitting the win button. :\

Not your fault someone is trying to hit you on wake up when you have a big flaming Ultra at the bottom of the screen.

MoxManiac

I'm poor too, so I bought a $190 21.5" monitor to play my games in full HD glory!

Can anyone confirm that droppers do indeed lose BP in the PS3 version? I've already had two droppers in the last 20 minutes and I have to ask, what's the point?

Darkman M

Im new to playing charge character and im learning Boxer, how do you ultra or super after you juggle an opponent with the buffalo headbutt? Am i suppose to be charging during the headbutt or what?

Top Bottom