• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Durandal

Banned
slayn said:
trying out this 'make a lobby' thing and I'm not seeing any results. I have yet to come across a single person with more BP (1700) than me. And raping ken for 10bp has lost its appeal.

Search for ranked matches with a priority to higher skills. Problem solved.

Any Average players should jump online right now and get some matches in. I just got my 10 wins in a row achievement which I'm pretty sure I would never be able to get once most players understand how to play the game. Take advantage of the noobs this first friday night of launch!

OK, I'm having the weirdest problem on Cammy's 4th normal challenge. The last combo is a spinning knuckle into a gyro drive smasher but whenever I get the two moves to link a spin drive smasher comes out every time! I know I'm doing the move right because I have three kicks mapped to 1 button and when I use it outside of the combo I get the gyro smasher. What the hell is going on? :/

Edit: NM, I just remembered you can't link Ultra's like that. Paused after the spinning knuckle and got the combo.

Kewk

Banned
bumpkin said:
The one I got stuck on with Ryu was the combo after the one you're on. It's a jumping HK, followed by a crouching HP, a hadoken, and an EX focus attack; I can't get the hadoken to come out after the crouching HP no matter how slow or fast I try. :(

Are you holding HP after doing crouching HP and doing the fireball motion then releasing at the peak of the qcf? Also the crouching HP should hit just about when your qcf is ending.

Atleast thats how I did it >_<

Barrett2

Ok, I am finally able to pull off FADC attacks with Ryu in training mode. Doing them in matches is going to be more difficult.

Its funny how playing against human players can throw you off after playing against the CPU. Whenever I play someone else, their unpredictability completely throws me off.

Kewk

Banned
Saint Gregory said:
OK, I'm having the weirdest problem on Cammy's 4th normal challenge. The last combo is a spinning knuckle into a gyro drive smasher but whenever I get the two moves to link a spin drive smasher comes out every time! I know I'm doing the move right because I have three kicks mapped to 1 button and when I use it outside of the combo I get the gyro smasher. What the hell is going on? :/

You are doing the super too early. Wait for the knuckle to just about finish then do the super. It's not meant to catch him right away its meant to catch him after he gets knocked in the air.

Tendo

Anyone else having issues with the madcatz fight pad on ps3? Just got mine today and it lags very badly or I'll press left and it acts like I'm holding the dpad left and won't release.. The ps button in the middle of the controller flashes alot and I seem to lose signal. I've tried changing the batteries no dice. :( Is it possible something is interfering with it?

Kewk said:
You are doing the super too early. Wait for the knuckle to just about finish then do the super. It's not meant to catch him right away its meant to catch him after he gets knocked in the air.

Thanks I just realized that right after I posted :)

bunker

Finally picked the game up today. Anyone else really enjoy playing as Rufus? He gets the early nod as my favorite so far. Really like his move set.

Akim

Banned
This is street fighter 4 online

kf2ws5.jpg

YakiSOBA said:
Yo I am terrible as C. Viper but I can't stop, she's too cool!

I just lost 64 matches and won 2.

Good lord.
o_0

Edit: Akim, can you translate what the hell that's supposed to mean? (the image) I don't understand how to read it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so I finally decided to get this, but I am still debating between the PS3 / Xbox 360 versions. Is there anything different between the two versions that would make one better or worse than the other? Assume that I will be playing either with an arcade stick so the shitty 360 pad won't be a problem.

Akim

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
o_0

Edit: Akim, can you translate what the hell that's supposed to mean? (the image) I don't understand how to read it.

It's how much I've won/played against each character. Played Ken 54 times, compare that to the other characters :lol

YakiSOBA said:
TEACH ME C VIPER

Is it because I'm using the D-pad? :(
could be. I've not tried her with a pad. I might in a few just to see.

Zefah said:
Ok so I finally decided to get this, but I am still debating between the PS3 / Xbox 360 versions. Is there anything different between the two versions that would make one better or worse than the other? Assume that I will be playing either with an arcade stick so the shitty 360 pad won't be a problem.

Eurogamer said the 360 version is better. Online works better, visuals appeared cleaner.

that that as you will.

YakiSOBA said:
Yo I am terrible as C. Viper but I can't stop, she's too cool!

I just lost 64 matches and won 2.

Good lord.
At least you won 2... with everyone complaining about shotos, at first I thought I'd take the challenges as an opportunity to try out the other characters. But after going winless, I switched to Ryu for online matches. And that didn't help, I'm still winless for the night. Hell, the CPU's kicking my ass.

You know how people say they're a bit rusty? Well, I'm nothing but rust through and through.

Akim said:
It's how much I've won/played against each character. Played Ken 54 times, compare that to the other characters :lol
!

I had been wondering what the hell that meant. I'm gonna have to see what mine looks like!

I'm like 100% against Gief. :D

and yea man. in the 1,000 battle points range, I encounter almost 100% Sagat/Ken/Ryu/Akuma.

almost nothing else. Ocassional Blanka. Ocassional Gief. Everything else is extremely rare.

Spike Spiegel said:
At least you won 2... with everyone complaining about shotos, at first I thought I'd take the challenges as an opportunity to try out the other characters. But after going winless, I switched to Ryu for online matches. And that didn't help, I'm still winless for the night. Hell, the CPU's kicking my ass.

You know how people say they're a bit rusty? Well, I'm nothing but rust through and through.
I almost started with the shotos...but I simply refused. what fun is it to play the same characters I was playing 15 years ago? Pass.

I'm maining C. Viper, Rose and Rufus. While keeping Blanka primed and ready. In the end, the wins and rank don't mean much if I'm not having fun. I'd rather be average with all the new, interesting characters than good with Ken and Ryu.

bumpkin

Kewk said:
Are you holding HP after doing crouching HP and doing the fireball motion then releasing at the peak of the qcf? Also the crouching HP should hit just about when your qcf is ending.

Atleast thats how I did it >_<
That's what I think I'm doing, but maybe my fingers aren't doing what my brain thinks they are. :lol I'll have to keep your tip in mind when I inevitably try it again.

w00t just got 5 ranked wins in a row with Guile. Played against Ryu, Ryu, Akuma, Ryu, Akuma. Last win was epic though, Akuma was spamming air fireballs, had already whiffed his ultra and we were both down to a sliver and I hit him landing with a EX sonic boom!

This really is a great time to get some easy wins in. Lotsa n00bs apparently online for the weekend. Even ranked matches only took 30-40 seconds before someone joined. (I always host)

charsace said:
Seth 2nd form has to be the cheapest boss I've ever seen in a fighter.

I need to know a strategy against him! Motherfucker is ruining this fine game. I know someone said focus attacks, but i cant spam those. Oh Seth i hope you and your creator burn in hell inhaling the remains of dead babies.

Fuerte is so impossible to use.. does anyone have any good videos?

Also I cant seem to get any shoto type characters or characters with "fireball" type of motions (ie: down - down forward - forward) characters like Fuerte, Ken, Ryu, Sagat on the TE Stick... Not sure what I'm not doing right but I'm wiffing every fireball or dash with fuerte and I'm only getting very luck sometimes.

Charge characters though I'm great.. My Vega is ace..

Any suggestions?

SuperEnemyCrab said:
w00t just got 5 ranked wins in a row with Guile. Played against Ryu, Ryu, Akuma, Ryu, Akuma. Last win was epic though, Akuma was spamming air fireballs, had already whiffed his ultra and we were both down to a sliver and I hit him landing with a EX sonic boom!

This really is a great time to get some easy wins in. Lotsa n00bs apparently online for the weekend. Even ranked matches only took 30-40 seconds before someone joined. (I always host)
truth.

I need only point to my 30-win streak as proof. all done with C. Viper, who I picked up 2 days ago! :lol

Had some nice matches with Slayn. We played around with some Shoto's, he's got a tricky Akuma.

Also had some nice Blanka vs. Guile action. His Blanka is so pesky I was yelling at the screen :lol He's legit though, took 2 outta 3 from me. And of course, absolutely murdered my Ken.

Akim

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Fuerte is so impossible to use.. does anyone have any good videos?

Also I cant seem to get any shoto type characters or characters with "fireball" type of motions (ie: down - down forward - forward) characters like Fuerte, Ken, Ryu, Sagat on the TE Stick... Not sure what I'm not doing right but I'm wiffing every fireball or dash with fuerte and I'm only getting very luck sometimes.

Charge characters though I'm great.. My Vega is ace..

Any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUpUMsr2y-g&feature=channel_page

pretty funny video

LowParry

Has anyone who uses Boxer been successful with doing a normal charge <- -> FP, FADC, grab online? Any tweaks or add ons that would improve that sort of thing?

NeoUltima

omg holy shit @ Balrogs ending :lol :lol :lol :lol

"Theres gotta be some treasure around here!"
*sees boy*
"This must be my lucky day!"

LowParry

Jamesfrom818 said:
I'm feeling a lot better about my Cammy. I was sitting on 11 to start the night and now I'm at ~400. I'm still really only seeing shotos though.

I've had maybe a few run ins with Gief. One El, one Cammy. A few Sagats. The rest Ryu/Ken.

NeoUltima said:
omg holy shit @ Balrogs ending :lol :lol :lol :lol

"Theres gotta be some treasure around here!"
*sees boy*
"This must be my lucky day!"
Yea, I was wondering why RE5 was catching so much flack when clearly Capcom has other enlightened depictions floating around. I still like the death yell "My Money!!" best.

Anyone got tips for pulling off Ryu's standing HP into the Shoryuken? I'm trying to do the challenges, and I can pull off a crouching HP into the Shoryuken fairly easily, but can't seem to get this one right.

Oh yeah. There was one really annoying Boxer. All he would do is block and counter. He eventually wore me down because I couldn't find an effective way to get him out of turtling. I can't throw him with the Hooligan Combination. His attacks would just break FA armor. Any tips?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Jamesfrom818 said:
Oh yeah. There was one really annoying Boxer. All he would do is block and counter. He eventually wore me down because I couldn't find an effective way to get him out of turtling. I can't throw him with the Hooligan Combination. His attacks would just break FA armor. Any tips?

Walk up and throw him? Poke with low forward? Bait something and punish that?

Against turtles I tend to try to look like I'm attacking but not. It will always work eventually.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Woof, Fuerte's Trail hard mode is quite a task. What was the link to those trial (hard) videos again? Anyone have those?

Jamesfrom818 said:

What's your PSN id? This is exactly how I play and I get a lot of people dropping me and sending me hate mail. Maybe it was me. I did play a Cammy today from a user: CanonSpike or something like that.

Top Bottom