• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

MrOctober

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Does it matter? The fact that you don't lose BP is motivation enough for jerks to disconnect. I agree with dfyb, Capcom needs to fix this ASAP somehow.

Yeah that's bullshit and this is coming from a guy with 19 BP currently.

Guled

MoxManiac said:
Does it matter? The fact that you don't lose BP is motivation enough for jerks to disconnect. I agree with dfyb, Capcom needs to fix this ASAP somehow.
I haven't had anyone disconnect against me, I dont think its a huge problem since most people who care enough for their BP to drop against matches most likely also care about their win loss ratio.

BTW, has any other Cammy player been able to land a Hooligan throw against a crouching opponent? I keep trying and I swear its impossible

Cowie

augh, when I wasn't thinking about it i could land rufus' ex messiah xx fadc xx ultra, even in ranked matches in clutch positions

but now i can't do it at all, even in training mode. wth.

RedAssedApe

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Most of the people whining about shotos decimate them...

I highly doubt that. If these people were doing the decimating and not being the ones getting decimated, every other post on here wouldn't be someone complaining about fireball and dp spam.

Most people are just being sore losers. That being said, I'm sure there ARE some people who are annoyed simply because they are bored of the match-ups and not because they suck and need to get better.

So I have 57 hours of play time..

And 645 online matches

:lol

I can't play shoto characters on the TE Stick or anyone with a circular motion.. is this normal for others? it just feels impossible to consistently get the attacks off...

I love my charge characters on it..

I went out and bought a MadCatz pad today (I know where they are so it wasn't tough to find) and now I'm owning with shoto characters or anything with a circular motion attack or shoryuken type attack.

I just started El Fuerte and I think I'm pretty good with him.. The guy is lethal.. I just won 5 games straight with him just now.. He is so tricky and jumping off the walls is a great life saver.

Dragnet

I may as well have a cock permanently forcing itself violently into my mouth, I suck so much dick at this game. :( Seth is a cunt too.

AZ Greg

henhowc said:
I highly doubt that. If these people were doing the decimating and not being the ones getting decimated, every other post on here wouldn't be someone complaining about fireball and dp spam.

Most people are just being sore losers. That being said, I'm sure there ARE some people who are annoyed simply because they are bored of the match-ups and not because they suck and need to get better.

Agreed. I'd wager to say that 8 or 9 out of every 10 whiners only do so because they consistently get beat by the Shotos. The "boring" excuse doesn't really fly for most because these same people would happily beat on someone in ranked if they were AFK and it meant easy BP. You can bet your ass they wouldn't just quit because it was "boring."

Personally, I don't mind the Shotos at all. Because most are so predictable it makes for an easy fight, but at the same time you are getting practice against a live opponent and no matter how bad they are it is much better than a training dummy. The mediocre Shotos are helping my game tremendously. The people who quit are gonna be the ones at a disadvantage when people start getting good with all the characters. And if HDR online is any indication, people will start finding ways to classify all the characters as cheap.

Also I discovered that Vegas Super isn't super shitty and worthless anymore.. If you are going against a guy and taking him out okay without EX Moves then I tend to stock my Super and pull out a FP Crystal Roll. I then cancel out of the roll right into the Super and they have VERY little time to react to it especially since the throw range is so big on the Izuna Drop Super.

Works great :D

(Posted this a few days ago but not sure if other Vega players saw)

And I'm pretty sure they already knew about it but I found it graet to discover ;P

vesp

Guled said:
I haven't had anyone disconnect against me, I dont think its a huge problem since most people who care enough for their BP to drop against matches most likely also care about their win loss ratio.

BTW, has any other Cammy player been able to land a Hooligan throw against a crouching opponent? I keep trying and I swear its impossible
Yup you cant do it. Hooligan got so nerfed from it last major outing in ST HD. Back to tiger knee + double button input on throw + not working on crouch; it's fairly infuriating but shes still awesome.

Brannon

Played some good matches with a random person. So many different characters, and in the end we decided to do one last match as Zangief vs Zangief since none of us knew how to play him.

It was interesting, to say the least. Screen clogging muscularity fumbling around for advantage isn't the most graceful way to end a bout of Street Fighting, but hey.

On an off note, wonder when people will start gravitation toward the majesticness of Sakura? She's so beast, and then that unexpected flower kick to the noggin really wakes people up.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Also I discovered that Vegas Super isn't super shitty and worthless anymore.. If you are going against a guy and taking him out okay without EX Moves then I tend to stock my Super and pull out a FP Crystal Roll. I then cancel out of the roll right into the Super and they have VERY little time to react to it especially since the throw range is so big on the Izuna Drop Super.

And I'm pretty sure they already knew about it but I found it graet to discover ;P

I've just been using it randomly and it seems like everyone just cowers in fear and gets thrown. :lol

slayn

needs to show more effort.
nice, I'm actually starting to see som fadc action online.

Played a really nice ken (omg) who nailed me quite a few times with dragon punch->fadc->somethign nasty depending on if he hit me or I blocked.

Also played a sagat who had the fadc into unltra down to simplicity.

MrOctober

Banned
I just noticed that in the stage where you're under the highway overpass the noises change when you walk in the puddles as opposed to the grass. That was a nice little touch.

vertopci

My less than 10% win percent from yesterday increased to 37% today :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:

Cancel as in using the Force attack to cancel? Or some other way? I heard you could just plain dash cancel out of it but I couldn't that to work.

Guled

vesp said:
Yup you cant do it. Hooligan got so nerfed from it last major outing in ST HD. Back to tiger knee + double button input on throw + not working on crouch; it's fairly infuriating but shes still awesome.
nooooooooo, at least canon spike is so awesome

vertopci

Relix said:
Vega is good, but sadly a few hits and he losses 50% of his offense and defense =/

I think the main problem is the range he loses when he loses his claws. That's affects me much more than the attack and defense loss I think. Strangely enough, some moves have the same range without claws :lol

Brannon

Archie said:
Ahahaha I checked the marketplace and saw that there are strategy guides for sale. $1 each.

They seriously can't be doing this. If a person can d/l the guide, they can just as easily go to the SRK forums and d/l a free video with more strategic value, or gamefaqs, or...

It's the goddamned internet. WHO WOULD PAY FOR THAT?

this is where I get proven wrong, btw

Rektash

Hoho. First day playing SF IV ended for me just now. I am completly maining Sakura and my stats after first day:

- something around 300 G achievements earned
- 13h played
- w/l ratio about 60% wins
- something around 1100 Battlepoints

Now I am tired.

Neiteio

I went from reading this thread's complaints of the online scene's shoto obsession to a networked game where my opponent hovered over Ryu's icon, then Ken's, then Ryu, then Ken, then Ryu... Only to pick Ken.

I lol'd. Although to be fair I did fight a Sakura and a Guile at one point or another (and won my first online match with Cammy, remarkable for me as a non-fighting-game fan!)

EDIT: Still can't get Gouken, and I did what the OP said plus 10 permutations. GAAAH!!

vertopci said:
My less than 10% win percent from yesterday increased to 37% today :lol

Cancel as in using the Force attack to cancel? Or some other way? I heard you could just plain dash cancel out of it but I couldn't that to work.
During the roll towards the end you start to do the super motion.. the minute he finishes the roll and almost before the slash he will start to jump up for the Super and literally when you hit the wall the guy is still in the "UGH" look because it goes that fast after your last hit on your roll. They have a split second to react to the super now.

Also I never bother going for my gear with Vega half the time.. I back flip alot and it just randomly comes back on half the time.. Sometimes I go for the claw in matches like against a gief but thats it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
My title is "Ultra!" btw...since Fuerte's so pretty darn good and I always use it since one hit basically gives me meter. :lol

Man I'm getting icons now that no one else ever has when I play them..

I must be getting into the "GET THE FUDGING HELL OUTSIDE AND STOP PLAYING THE GAME" Icons..

Thats what 56+ hours with the game does to you I guess haha

kenta

Has no PEINS
Man for some reason I can't catch a break in terms of lagginess online. I have a great connection, been playing perfectly lag-free games for years and suddenly with SF4 I can't find anyone over 4 bars ever. Earlier today played a match which literally paused for 2 seconds every 5 seconds due to lag, it was atrocious

And then when I finally do find that magical person with a 4th bar, I can only play one round against them before I'm kicked back to the menu to start the search all over again. So irritating

slayn

needs to show more effort.
kenta said:
Man for some reason I can't catch a break in terms of lagginess online. I have a great connection, been playing perfectly lag-free games for years and suddenly with SF4 I can't find anyone over 4 bars ever

And then when I finally do find that magical person with a 4th bar, I can only play one round against them before I'm kicked back to the menu to start the search all over again. So irritating
stop searching for 4 bars? I play 2 bars alll the time and it feels lag free. I think street fighter 4 just has a much higher standard for bars in general.

for me its been:
1 bar - iffy. Sometimes ok, but can be laggy
2 bar - 95% smooth
3 bar+ - lag free

Ferrio

Banned
slayn said:
when used against me, it seemed to work really well as an anti-air.

Well i was thinking more a long the lines in a combo. It is one of the better ultras to catch your opponent off guard though.

FordStang

ok.... i'm haviving trouble performing super and ultra combos with my hrap3. it's probably me, but how the hell do i pull off these moves. I use chun li. Here ultra combo is:

Charge <--- , ---> , <---, ----> + Punch

when do i hit punch? after the last arrow, or what? why am i struggling so much???

TP

FordStang said:
ok.... i'm haviving trouble performing super and ultra combos with my hrap3. it's probably me, but how the hell do i pull off these moves. I use chun li. Here ultra combo is:

Charge <--- , ---> , <---, ----> + Punch

when do i hit punch? after the last arrow, or what? why am i struggling so much???

+ means at the same time

Top Bottom