• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Jagernaut

Arde5643

Anybody loving their regular 360 controller?

I sure am loving mine - everytime I do a Habanero run dash, the controller sometimes decides that it will be better if Fuerte just jump forward or backwards 50% of the time. And 25% of the time, it will just refuse to recognize the motion and ended up with me doing nothing.

Oh, the best times are when the controller decided that since I was so good at blocking low on the 2nd player side, it's going to give me a challenge by refusing to recognize that I was inputting down back on the 1st player side at least 25% of the time (and of course, it always happens when the opponent is doing a low attack - yay!).

And as a bonus, when I try to jump forward, the controller decided it's better for me to actually move forward and eat the fireball coming my way. :D

I never get bored with my 360 controller - other than just fighting my opponent, I also have to fight my controller. It's like the 360 decided that challenges are always necessary inside and outside the game. Such great times!

jacobs34

I tried to be patient with all the Ryu/Ken players while developing my Zangief, but enough is enough - every time I play a Ken now I switch to Sagat and make them pay. After I take a break here I'll go back to 'Gief, I do want to learn him, but the Shotos are starting to get to me.

Heh, after the huge trouble I had with Seth last night (over an hour trying to beat him with Chun Li, wtf) I managed to beat him fairly easily by just using shit Mortal Kombat tactics (jump hk, sweep, retreat, repeat) and now have every character unlocked. I had a few goes online and suprisingly only came up against 1 Ken along with a Balrog, 2 Vipers and Bison - only won the one match against Bison, so I think i'll stick to the challenges and vs with my friends until i'm a bit more confidant with the roster before venturing back online :)

CO_Andy

Ferrio said:
Good games Andy. First Gen I've played against. My Viper still sucks hardcore... there's some trick to connecting EX Hammer->Ultra that I"m not getting... wiff wiff wiif
I can tell you got tired of serving me a can of whoop-ass with Balrog.

It's unfortunate the characters i use to be good with in HD Remix didn't make the transition with spam priority intact.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
usea said:
I have heard that you should always buy prepaid cards and never give microsoft your credit card.

Nobody else has bought a gold card from amazon?

On Amazon.ca, they ship you a card, so you have to wait for it.
You might as well do eBay if you want a code immediately... although I imagine most of them are only selling 1 year codes.

MIMIC

Banned
gutter_trash said:
don't fall for the hustlers!!! the titles are misleading weather they claim to be good or not LOL.
Show them No Mercy!

I used to do that. But personally I don't like to brag until the pwnage is over. :)

FightyF

Banned
elostyle said:
The 360 pad give me jumparistis.

I've posted earlier exactly why that is the case, it has to do with the contacts for the d-pad.

Use the analog stick. You will LOVE it.

Arde5643 said:
Anybody loving their regular 360 controller?

I sure am loving mine - everytime I do a Habanero run dash, the controller sometimes decides that it will be better if Fuerte just jump forward or backwards 50% of the time. And 25% of the time, it will just refuse to recognize the motion and ended up with me doing nothing.

Oh, the best times are when the controller decided that since I was so good at blocking low on the 2nd player side, it's going to give me a challenge by refusing to recognize that I was inputting down back on the 1st player side at least 25% of the time (and of course, it always happens when the opponent is doing a low attack - yay!).

And as a bonus, when I try to jump forward, the controller decided it's better for me to actually move forward and eat the fireball coming my way. :D

I never get bored with my 360 controller - other than just fighting my opponent, I also have to fight my controller. It's like the 360 decided that challenges are always necessary inside and outside the game. Such great times!

Ditto. Use the analog stick. Just as good as an arcade stick for motions.

KGKK

Banned
I 100% support dcing against Ryu\Ken\Akuma\Saget players in the last round right before the landing blow. Keep that bp, and keep your winning spree ftw.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Anyone wanna help a scrub Boxer get better? Gamertag = archie4208. I'm practicing combos in training mode right now so send an invite. :p

Arde5643

FightyF said:
I've posted earlier exactly why that is the case, it has to do with the contacts for the d-pad.

I am using the analog stick. :/

The D-pad was much more worse.

No_Style

FightyF said:

I used the analog stick for the SSF2T:HDR demo and loved it. It was just like DC where I used the analog stick as well.

AZ Greg

BloodElfHunter said:
I 100% dcing against Ryu\Ken\Akuma\Saget players in the last round right before the landing blow. Keep that bp, and keep your winning spree ftw.

Disgusting. You're worse than them.

NeoUltima

Superblatt said:
So what's the best, fastest and ACTUAL way to get Gouken? I'm seeing multiple different answers all over the thread.
Unlock everyone but Seth, Akuma, and Gouken(duh)...Then play on easiest /w 1 round matches. Get two perfects and 2 ultra finishes and lose no rounds. This should get you Akuma. Then beat the game with Akuma. Start another new game(does not have to be /w Akuma), and get 2-3 perfects and 2-3 ultra finishes and lose no rounds. This should get you Gouken.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Superblatt said:
So what's the best, fastest and ACTUAL way to get Gouken? I'm seeing multiple different answers all over the thread.

The two perfects three ultra combos after beating the game with Akuma thing is the best bet.

FightyF

Banned
Arde5643 said:
I am using the analog stick. :/

The D-pad was much more worse.

Then you need practice. :p I agree that dashing is a bit harder. Do keep in mind though that you don't have to hold the stick all the way in any direction, it records even a halfway movement to a particular direction.

But yeah, a little more practice would help. It's very precise and so there's less room for error as with a square gate stick. But I think that precision really helps me in doing exactly what I want to do.

jibblypop

Banned
Finally unlocked all the characters and my wrist is killing me. That wasn't really that fun either. I wish it just came with all the characters unlocked so I wouldn't have to do all that.

Oh well it's over nwo so I can finally start the fun stuff! :D

Guled

if anyone wants to play me tomorrow add my psn (Nytekrawla)
I use Cammy so you dont have to worry about SHORYUKEN

AZ Greg

BloodElfHunter said:
I didn't buy the game to play the same 4 people over and over again.

Anyone with half a brain would have known that Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sagat would be the characters most played online. Especially during the first few weeks. Whatever, like most of the Shoto whiners, you can and probably hide behind the "boring" excuse, but we all know it's because they pummel you.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BloodElfHunter said:
I 100% support dcing against Ryu\Ken\Akuma\Saget players in the last round right before the landing blow. Keep that bp, and keep your winning spree ftw.
Fuck you.

I kick the ass of most shotos. It's Sagat and Guile I'm having trouble against.

Played a really good Rufus, had some good games going there. We both switched it up with other characters but he was slightly better with Rufus.

Awesome to see a El Fuerte vs Rufus match, or something like Fei-Long vs Bison.

Rektash

I just encountered the lamest thing I ever saw in my entire video game career. Some Ryu player, time setting to 30 seconds and one round. He just waited till he had minimal hp advantage and then he just jumped away. Come on, he can t be serious :lol .

MoxManiac

AZ Greg said:
Anyone with half a brain would have known that Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Sagat would be the characters most played online. Especially during the first few weeks. Whatever, like most of the Shoto whiners, you can and probably hide behind the "boring" excuse, but we all know it's because they pummel you.

Most of the people whining about shotos decimate them because the people using them on average, suck. I enjoy playing against shoto characters that are played well.

That said, BloodElfHunter needs some kind of tag to denote how lame he is!

LakeEarth

KGKK said:
Okay I noticed the arrows now. I still don't get how to charge. Do I hold back and then hold forward? If so nothing is happening. Is there any type of special animation to show your doing the charge properly?
Hold back, 1, 2, forward+punch.

dfyb

Banned
BloodElfHunter said:
you keep your BP and win streak if you disconnect? capcom needs to fix that so people like you can't exploit the system. if you can't beat shoto, that's your problem.

Guled

dfyb said:
you keep your BP and win streak if you disconnect? capcom needs to fix that so people like you can't exploit the system.
I know you kept the BP is do you really keep the win streak? it counts as a lost if you disconnect

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
slayn said:
When I decide to play, I spam invites to everyone on my list in the hopes I won't have to wait long. So probably someone else beat you to it, sorry!

Yeah, every time I go to accept your invite, it's too late! (i'm tigerheli).

MoxManiac

Guled said:
I know you kept the BP is do you really keep the win streak? it counts as a lost if you disconnect

Does it matter? The fact that you don't lose BP is motivation enough for jerks to disconnect. I agree with dfyb, Capcom needs to fix this ASAP somehow.

Top Bottom