• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

Future

FordStang said:
ok.... i'm haviving trouble performing super and ultra combos with my hrap3. it's probably me, but how the hell do i pull off these moves. I use chun li. Here ultra combo is:

Charge <--- , ---> , <---, ----> + Punch

when do i hit punch? after the last arrow, or what? why am i struggling so much???

Pretty sure Chun Li's ultra ends with kicks, not punch. Probably your problem :)

Lovin this game. Upping the difficulty and the cpu is still fun...till I get to Seth. Amazing after so many years no fighting game can make a cool fun boss. There must me some design law in Japan that says a fighting game boss must be cheap as all fuck in order for it to seem like a challenge. Maybe its because fighting games still start in the arcade, and they are designed to gobble your money.

Quick question. I find dudes like Seth and Abel like to sometimes command throw the second I get up. How are you supposed to get out of this? All I can do is sometimes pull out an EX move on wake up to avoid it, but any other move seems to just get sucked right into the throw. Does my timing just suck?

TP

FordStang said:
charge means just hold it for 2 seconds?

Just about, I think someone mentioned 1.5 earlier though. Go for 2 seconds to be safe
And Future is right, it's kick not punch. I can't believe I didn't notice that

TheFreshPrince

Ok, I'm having major problems unlocking Gouken. Any help is appreciated.

I unlocked everyone else, and then unlocked Akuma. I beat Arcade Mode with Akuma, and then went through with Ryu, 2 perfects/3 ultras...no Gouken. Tried it again...this time 3 perfects/3 ultras...no Gouken...went back to 2 perfects/3ultras in a row...no Gouken.

What the heck is going on? I'm getting so sick of spending time trying to unlock the characters!

xabi

random question...online, when the signal strength just gives you a flashing antenna (i.e. no orange or yellow bars), what does that mean? I have played a few matches with that connection, and all have been fine...

Managed to get 7 ranked wins in a row. I never thought I would get that close to 10. Hell, I even got a perfect against a Ken in that run. Shit, I'm starting to see the Shotos now. Every other match is Ken or Ryu.

This game is fustrating me without an arcade stick.

Also, what is the deal with all the online errors "Unable to play, search again?" when selecting games in the lobby.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Guile and Blanka eat my shit for breakfast. I don't think Fuerte has anything reliable that can stop Blanka's electricity at all. None. Nothing works. Best I can do is a trade or a lucky Tortilla. Guiles just turtle to victory. Flash kick anything remotely close. Ugh.

I can not imagine how much money Tetsu put into SF to become that good with Fuerte.

djkimothy

Rektash said:
I just encountered the lamest thing I ever saw in my entire video game career. Some Ryu player, time setting to 30 seconds and one round. He just waited till he had minimal hp advantage and then he just jumped away. Come on, he can t be serious :lol .

He's trying to get the medals trophy.

One of the medal requirements is to win a round by running out of time.

Phthisis

Ferrio said:
Anyone know any nifty ways to connect into Rose's ultra other than a FD hit?

Use it when someone jumps in on you. The scarf has some "grab" frames (for lack of a better term) right after she throws it forwards where anyone who touches the hit box of the scarf will get put into the Ultra if they're in the air.

Online Street Fighter psychology 101:

* Do a player match
* Pick your character, preferrably one that isn't too intimidating
* Watch your opponent pick someone else
* Win (if you lose, this won't apply)
* Opponent rematches
* Pick same character again
* Watch your opponent head straight for Ken or Sagat
* Win again
* Opponent drops

I swear, this happens every time and it's awesome. I predicted this sequence as I showed the online mode to a friend.

Guled said:
I know you kept the BP is do you really keep the win streak? it counts as a lost if you disconnect
Doesn't count as a lost for me on 360. Also got the 10 wins in a row achievement while avoiding ryus and kens.

Kccitystar

Fucking C.Viper's special is ridiculously hard for me for some reason :lol

It's supposed to be 2 hadoken motions (I don't know how to best explain it, probably QCFx2) + 3P, but it will just do the ground pound thing and cancel out seeing as to do the ground pound is 1 punch, and to cancel is 1 punch then another in succession. I'll someday master it but so far it's frustrating when it won't come out on demand

Any tips on fighting shotos with her?

omg zangeif is so annoying...he seems so overpowered...his throw priority is insane...

wtf...im so sick of fighting people who pick this guy, its like the only way to beat a decent zangeif player is uber turtle, and even then its still hard to win, and if knocked on the ground, ur pretty much owned unless they are a noob...

Phthisis

Kccitystar said:
Any tips on fighting shotos with her?

Super jump over fireballs, then fierce kick or punch and right after you hit them with it, immediately go into flaming kick. Two hit combo, good damage.

Fixed2BeBroken said:
omg zangeif is so annoying...he seems so overpowered...his throw priority is insane...

wtf...im so sick of fighting people who pick this guy, its like the only way to beat a decent zangeif player is uber turtle, and even then its still hard to win, and if knocked on the ground, ur pretty much owned unless they are a noob...

FINAL ATOMIC BUSTAAAAAA

Zangief is the new ST Akuma.

Pterion

Funny, I had absolutely zero interest in SF4 for the past couple of months (in fact, I secretly despised the 2.5D approach), and now I have one ruptured blister thanks to this game. So fun. 1200 BP in 2 hours isn't too shabby. Go sagat!:D

Gauhst

Oof, things aren't going so well for me. I've been playing with a stick for the first time ever, maybe that's what it is. I keep telling myself that I'm getting better, but I am getting the shit kicked out of me.

In training mode I can execute moves very well, but when I get into a real match everything goes fuzzy.

I guess my biggest hurdle will be learning to relax, and just focus on the input commands for moves, but it seems like there's something else in my way.

Will it click eventually? For someone reason it feels like I just am destined to suck at SF :lol

Duelist

Wee, got the Playing to Win! achievement. They should've just added another mode called "Ken Scrub Survival" to the challenges to give you that achievement.

Duelist

Gauhst said:
Oof, things aren't going so well for me. I've been playing with a stick for the first time ever, maybe that's what it is. I keep telling myself that I'm getting better, but I am getting the shit kicked out of me.

In training mode I can execute moves very well, but when I get into a real match everything goes fuzzy.

I guess my biggest hurdle will be learning to relax, and just focus on the input commands for moves, but it seems like there's something else in my way.

Will it click eventually? For someone reason it feels like I just am destined to suck at SF :lol

I know when I was starting out that my biggest problem was I was thinking about it too much. The trick is to store it in muscle memory so that it's very mechanical and you don't even need to think at all. This comes with practicing not only on dummies, but on live opponents. Keep at it!

Denali

Quick question about online...

So I've got my 360 connection bridged through my PC, meaning the PC is connected via wireless-n and I've got ethernet running from the PC to the xbox. I can get online, download, everything - but when I go to look for a player match all I get is 'Unable to join game'. This occured on at least 20 different games I tried to join, it shows the name of the host and all. I finally tried hosting my own match, and after 15 minutes I got no opponents. I highly doubt its my internet speed, I can download HD videos and all from Live just fine.

Any ideas?

edit: This thread is going a million miles a minute, didn't see someone else had asked about this. Think I got it.

Got the Playing to Win achievement and now I'm up to 954 BP. Hopefully I'll break 1500 tomorrow. Some wins were easy, others were close final round ultra situations. I played a mirror match against a good Ken so I messaged him and he friended me.

I played a match against a stupid Zangief that would only use Spinning Lariat on me. If he was close away he would just jump over my fireballs and use the move while I was close. For two rounds (out of five), he cornered me and I thought I was done. I eventually saw an opening and swept him when did that again.

GGs (BGs?) haunts. I suck. I've only had the game for less than 2 days. Don't kill me! :lol

BloodElfHunter said:
Doesn't count as a lost for me on 360. Also got the 10 wins in a row achievement while avoiding ryus and kens.
Take your damned licks like a man!

Dartastic

Fixed2BeBroken said:
capcom pls nerf zangief, k bye

I lost to Zangief today at the Gamestop tournament. I was pretty much at the end, and I was destroying Ryu's left and right. Then I fought someone who was good with Zangief. BAH. I'm going to beat him next week damnnnnitittttt

MoxManiac

xabi said:
random question...online, when the signal strength just gives you a flashing antenna (i.e. no orange or yellow bars), what does that mean? I have played a few matches with that connection, and all have been fine...

Pretty sure this means it simply can't retrieve a value. So playing with a flashing bar means you won't know the connection strength beforehand. Most of the time it's fine for me, but I had one where the input lag was brutal.

Why seth is impossible to be beaten with sakura ?

I tried as hard as I can during nearly 2 hours and he keeps playing with me like a poor pupet. Every moves I do don't reach him.

I was forced to give up and beat him with ryu. Why is it so easy to kick his ass with ryu and nearly impossible with sakura :(
Sakura is realy great against regular CPU AI and human but against seth she's useless.

LowParry

Ya know, there is one good use for Zangief since I hate him so much. Destroy the highest difficulty with just using his PPP attack. Two easy achievements! :lol

Volcynika

Just unlocked the rest of the regular characters, Akuma, and Gouken! Pretty simple for me to do, didn't have to do something crazy. Now, should I beat it with everyone on easy for Seth, or just start beating it with everyone on medium. Hm!

Guled

Denali said:
Quick question about online...

So I've got my 360 connection bridged through my PC, meaning the PC is connected via wireless-n and I've got ethernet running from the PC to the xbox. I can get online, download, everything - but when I go to look for a player match all I get is 'Unable to join game'. This occured on at least 20 different games I tried to join, it shows the name of the host and all. I finally tried hosting my own match, and after 15 minutes I got no opponents. I highly doubt its my internet speed, I can download HD videos and all from Live just fine.

Any ideas?
make your own room and someone should join you fairly quickly, or just play arcade mode as long as you didn't turn off the background online search thing

Threi

notag
Rotanibor Eht said:
Mine title is PSYCHO POWER.

Also some more people need to add me! I have the 360 version. My GT is Rotanibor.
speaking of which I think you would like to know that I think dictator is extremely fun to play.

Threi

notag
Rotanibor Eht said:
Mine title is PSYCHO POWER.

Also some more people need to add me! I have the 360 version. My GT is Rotanibor.
speaking of which I think you would like to know that I think dictator is extremely fun to play.

Top Bottom