• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Street Fighter IV Thread of FADCing a Stranger in the Alps

gutter_trash said:
I personally hate the Dark-Hado story line just as much as the Devil-Gene storyline,
I prefer simpler SF2ish story lines before AKuma was ever created

I think SF has always been about fun, simple storylines that don't take themselves too seriously.

gutter_trash said:
I personally hate the Dark-Hado story line just as much as the Devil-Gene storyline,
I prefer simpler SF2ish story lines before AKuma was ever created

It is interesting how there seem to be two main storylines that somewhat intersect. But some of the stories (prologue+epilogue) have absolutely nothing to do with either.

Edit: I forget who said it, but, paraphrasing, the anime + all of the endings give a somewhat coherent story. I wouldn't try to delve much deeper, though.

Thanks, digital and haunts. Had no idea lp thunder knuckle would work. I had tried burning kick to jump above it, but couldn't make it work. Now i know i just need to get the timing right.
Much appreciated.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
well i bought, then changed my mind, but it already went to "shipping soon". I'm talking about a 20 second time frame here. Sheesh, amazon.

Fistwell said:
HA! Yeah... kind of the same here.
Was playing against a ken online with viper. He kicked my ass a couple of times. I switched over to ken, for ultimate fighting playboy duel, and kicked his ass hard. He promptly withdrew.

I still kinda have trouble handling fireball spam with viper. Tried to practice offline with vs cpu very hard. Cpu ken and ryu are not so bad, but they don't spam fireballs enough to be adequate sparring partners. I switched over to sagat, and... well... he certainly does do it enough. And i... certainly dont know how to handle it too well.
I can FA-block it, but if i dash forward out of it, i eat the next one. I can back dash but it's not helping much, can't take the hurt to him. I dont have the time to pull an earthquake punch. Rather, i do have the time, but then i'm getting hit before the animation is over. Tit for tat, and i'm sure there's a better solution than that.
Jumping over it sorta works, takes longer for him to be able to throw another one. In fact, that's the only thing i've had any success with. Jump over, then thunder knuckles when close enough.
Anyone got any tips?

For the fireball spammers, get the earthquake FP timing down so your hitting them JUST as they're waking up (obviously you'll have to get that first one in to knock them down). It'll get them everytime until they realize to duckblock or reposition all together (allowing you to move in). Chips away at their ego too....

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Raging Spaniard said:
The PS3 one is nothing but shitty ass shovelware, skip it

THE 360 ONE THOUGH HAS MY ARTWORK IN IT MAKING IT TEH MOST L33T EVAHR :D

I noticed your artwork on the reverse flap! When did they announce you as the winner? I didn't even know you were chosen until I opened my copy and saw your art!

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Brandon F said:
I noticed your artwork on the reverse flap! When did they announce you as the winner? I didn't even know you were chosen until I opened my copy and saw your art!

They announced it on release date, Im glad you were surprised :) There were 5 other winners also, each one in a different version of the game (and the anime)

Barrett2

Raging Spaniard said:
They announced it on release date, Im glad you were surprised :) There were 5 other winners also, each one in a different version of the game (and the anime)

Did you get anything for being one of the five selected?

Spy

I'm loving SFIV but I have a couple of complaints.

-You should be able to change the time to unlimited (00) when doing player vs player or custom matches online.
-You should NOT be able to see who someone else chooses on ranked matches.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
lawblob said:
Did you get anything for being one of the five selected?

Yeah I get a CE of my choice, a print of the artwork, a shirt and maybe some more shwag.

The prize really is the honor of being part of the game though, that alone is more than worth the contest, I still cant believe it.

LiK

Raging Spaniard said:
Yeah I get a CE of my choice, a print of the artwork, a shirt and maybe some more shwag.

The prize really is the honor of being part of the game though, that alone is more than worth the contest, I still cant believe it.

yea, i noticed your art too. i was hoping you would win. :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Raging Spaniard said:

That's so awesome.

Raging Spaniard said:

super congratz. can you post the artwork so those of us who don't have the CE version can appreciate it?

Spy said:
I can't believe how easy the trial mode (Normal) was for Cammy. I'm going to try to complete it on hard when I get off work. Cammy is awesome.

:(

I can't get:
=> [Jump] H.Kick
=>M.Punch
=>Canon Spike

I technically get all the moves in but by the time my canon spike goes off it flies past Dan's head...guess I have to be fast...or get a stick...

Raging Spaniard

Dreams-Visions said:
super congratz. can you post the artwork so those of us who don't have the CE version can appreciate it?

Sure, I feel bad posting it again, but its been like 80 pages since, so I guess its OK.

guile_vs_abel.jpg

High Res links:

300 dpi (jpg)

600 dpi (tiff)

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Hmn, my 360's blog just informed me I got negative rep'd yesterday for what I can only assume to be for beating a guy.

Man, I fuckin' hate Xbox Live sometimes.

Xater

Spy said:
I'm loving SFIV but I have a couple of complaints.

-You should be able to change the time to unlimited (00) when doing player vs player or custom matches online.
-You should NOT be able to see who someone else chooses on ranked matches.

I agree with both of those complaints.

McBradders said:
Hmn, my 360's blog just informed me I got negative rep'd yesterday for what I can only assume to be for beating a guy.

wow, sore losers much?

but why do people care about XBL rep? Can you get banned from XBL with enough negative reputation?

LiK

Spy said:
I'm sure this has already been posted but reading about the history of Dan is pretty cool.

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-pathetic-history-of-dan-hibiki/a-20090220131019592018

yea, ain't Dan awesome? i think i will try to main him in SFIV and see how i do, huhu.

_dementia said:
wow, sore losers much?

but why do people care about XBL rep? Can you get banned from XBL with enough negative reputation?

yea, probably why i will get the ranked achievmeents and then stick with player matches with friends. getting neg from sore losers is annoying. i got a bunch when i played SCIV for beating them...

wRATH2x

Banned
Man I really fucking love this game!,it hasnt bored me yet.

But I still wish their were more characters,like 4 from 3S and 4 from EX.

Spy

Wrath2X said:

I'd like to have Dee Jay and T-Hawk reimagined just because it doesn't feel right with them missing from the cast.

Adon and Birdie would be nice too.

Dizzy-4U

Raging Spaniard said:

That's so awesome dude. Congratulations!

McBradders said:

Play Gaffers man, don't bother about the rest.

I'm hoping to get my ass kicked, that's the only way I can learn. When I lose to someone, I usually keep playing him all day. I improved a lot thanks to this in 3rd strike.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wrath2X said:

I do as well, but on the other hand, the game is remarkably balanced as it is. Having 30+ characters would have made it even harder to balance on the first try.

I wouldn't mind another 8 characters after the first major revision and balance update. I don't think it should go beyond 34 characters or so, however; this ain't MvC2.

Dartastic

I think Raging Spaniard earlier said how he only plays shotos against other shotos, and I've found that's a great plan. I've been trying to get better with Viper and a bit with Fuerte, but I'm still not too hot with them, and playing on a controller is really messing up my Viper game. So usually when someone picks Ryu or Ken, I go Ryu as I can wreck most of the people that pick those characters. However, it is SO fun to destroy them as Dan... :lol

BloodElfHunter said:
Oh shit son, I finally fought someone online who wasn't Ken\Ryu\Akuma\Saget.

I got a pretty decent set last night, Some Blankas, Sakuras, etc. Even a cammy to play my own (which turned into quite the epic battle). Hopefully people will start picking up new Chars, but if they don't that's fine. I generally have a pretty good record against Kens and Ryus. I suck against Akumas though. Their mid-air fireballs really throw me off and their Ultra do crazy damage plus have a sick range. Not like Akuma's right now :(

Dizzy-4U

AgentOtaku said:
For the fireball spammers, get the earthquake FP timing down so your hitting them JUST as they're waking up (obviously you'll have to get that first one in to knock them down). It'll get them everytime until they realize to duckblock or reposition all together (allowing you to move in). Chips away at their ego too....
Hey man, I'm planning on maining Viper also. Do you know if you can build meter with the fake siesmo? (asked this before and got no answer)

Dizzy-4U said:
Hey man, I'm planning on maining Viper also. Do you know if you can build meter with the fake siesmo? (asked this before and got no answer)

I've tried practising with Viper but some of those combos are fucking impossible with my dualshock. Really need me a fightstick :(

Spy

I was thinking about if there were more characters added to SFIV, whom it should be and I came out with...

T-Hawk
Dee Jay
Adon
Birdie
R. Mika

That would make sense, right GAF?

Hey there, can any Fei Long players give me some tips? Specifically with beating Ken & Zangief players online? I tend to use a Rekkukyaku > hp > Shienkyaku followed by a c.mk on wakeup to set up the super combo and that works pretty well against most players, but against Zangief & good Ken players I seem to have a very low rate of success, either getting caught by a Shoryuken or Gief's piledriver whenever I attempt to get close - any other super combo/ultra set up's I could use against these players? Or just some Fei Long tips in general that would help me improve my game?

Not doing too bad in the ranked matches so far, currently on 892bp with 51% wins.

Hi, I got a Standard SF4 Stick but I have become worse :(. I have 40 hours of gameplay time on SF4 so far so I guess I'll have to get used to it. Any tips on getting used to a stick faster? Also will swapping the parts for Sanwa make much of a difference because if it does I will . On a controller I can pull off Hadouken 100% of the time and Shoryuken 95% of the time, now its like 75% and 60%.

Dizzy-4U

AgentOtaku said:
Sorry, I don't know =/
I'll check it out this week. I've seen a lot of Viper players using fake siesmo a lot, but I couldn't tell if they were part of mind games or if they were actually building meter with it.

LowParry

Spy said:
I was thinking about if there were more characters added to SFIV, whom it should be and I came out with...

T-Hawk
Dee Jay
Adon
Birdie
R. Mika

That list is trash. Unless you include Karin :D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Dizzy-4U said:
I'll check it out this week. I've seen a lot of Viper players using fake siesmo a lot, but I couldn't tell if they were part of mind games or if they were actually building meter with it.

I dont know if it builds meter but I am curious. Was just thinking about that earlier today..

I fake siesmos to see if they jump, and if they do Ill do EX Seismo for a juggle when they land..

darkpaladinmfc said:
Hi, I got a Standard SF4 Stick but I have become worse :(. I have 40 hours of gameplay time on SF4 so far so I guess I'll have to get used to it. Any tips on getting used to a stick faster? Also will swapping the parts for Sanwa make much of a difference because if it does I will . On a controller I can pull off Hadouken 100% of the time and Shoryuken 95% of the time, now its like 75% and 60%.

Try different positions, like holding the stick as if you were holding a glass of wine etc..

Also, press the button and last direction at the same time which sounds silly but thats all there is to it. So if you do a fireball go from down to forward and hold forward as you press P at the same time. This applies to supers/ultras as well. if you're missing you're probably just pressing a button too soon or too late.

Spy

Dreams-Visions said:
your list needs moar Dudley.
Although I like 3S characters I specifically excluded them due to SFIV taking place before it. I also excluded characters that aren't from Street Fighter IE: Final Fight.

It's not my wishlist just a list that I think would be possible.

LiK

Spy said:

T-Hawk
Dee Jay
Adon
Birdie
R. Mika

i would include Yun and Yang since they're in Chun Li's anime intro. plus they were fairly popular with SFIII tourney players, particularly Yun.

Ferrio

Banned
LiK said:
i would include Yun and Yang since they're in Chun Li's anime intro. plus they were fairly popular with SFIII tourney players, particularly Yun.

Heh, wonder how popular Yun would be without Gen'ei Jin.

Top Bottom